Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

POS Doctor Nassar will rot in jail forever

+45
Tim Wakefield
SawGreen
Senior Dickfist
loogoldham
Da Mayor
Robert J Sakimano
DWags
WhiteBoyHatcher
Jake from State Farm
Death Roe
Nordic
Turtleneck
TheReal_LWS
SpartanJD01
MSU addict
Banks2Mason
aualum06
Blanch32
GRR Spartan
Rocinante
Bob Lee Swagger
Blaine Fabin
Wally Fairway
CampbellHall
Frank Drebin
Steve81
CaptainSlow33
msugolfguy
duffy munn
CheesySpartan
MiamiSpartan
Izzo Court
Cameron
Other Teams Pursuing That
xsanguine
Travis of the Cosmos
The_Dude
NigelUno
InTenSity
tGreenWay
Herbie Green
Floyd Robertson
Clarett's Folly
Watch Out Pylon!
MattyFresh
49 posters

Page 23 of 25 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

Go down

nassar schuette - POS Doctor Nassar will rot in jail forever  - Page 23 Empty Re: POS Doctor Nassar will rot in jail forever

Post by DWags Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:13 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:One of the trustees finally said something sensible.

Brian Mosallam @Bmosallam63
1h
We have come across as tone deaf, insensitive, emotionless and it infuriates me. My apologies to the survivors. In no way do I want my comments to over shadow their statements.

Monday morning QGing here but what if they had said on Monday last week, “ we will only briefly say that out of respect for the victims we won’t usurp their time at the court house but are in awe of their courage. We will remain steadfast in our meetings behind the scenes doing whatever we can to some how try to make their lives any easier. We want to remain silent and listen so that we can learn how we failed here and make corrections.”

Or fucking anything like that, then just shut up. Know this, if you teeet or answer any questions about this on your own, you’re probably saying the wrong thing. Get Izzo merchant Dantonio LAKS Hollis the BoT together and say everyone must remain silent defer comments until the victims are done.

Just stfu.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

nassar schuette - POS Doctor Nassar will rot in jail forever  - Page 23 Empty Re: POS Doctor Nassar will rot in jail forever

Post by I.B. Fine Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:14 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

About fucking time someone said something right. Joel Ferguson, shut your fucking mouth. Mitch Lyons, shut your fucking mouth. Fuck, is this shit really this hard to figure out?
For these guys? Yes. Let's not forget they're politicians. And as such they care more about trying to position themselves for the aftermath of an issue than about the issue itself. Fucking disgraceful, and sadly it doesn't surprise me.
"These guys" are the worst kind of politicians that think only of themselves.
At least there is one board member (Mosallam) who's head isn't totally up his ass.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:23 pm

I agree they all need to stfu.....but I do want to point this out for all the holier than thous that seem to think everyone should have seen this shit happening. The frankly verges on the unbelievable - from today's Detroit News:

Christina Barba said she met Nassar when she was 9 years old and had broken her toe at the gym. She eventually gave up gymnastics and became a physical therapist, working side-by-side with him in his clinic. She said she consistently defended Nassar until her own trauma started to emerge last week.

"I knew the real Larry ... As a gymnast, that back room at the gym was a safe haven. I thought of him as both a friend and mentor. He’d always squeeze you in if you needed him. It was almost too good to be true," she said. "I needed someone else to point out the abuse because I couldn’t believe it myself ... The problem was I trusted him blindly through a child's eyes."

Nassar's closest victims: 'I was in denial'
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:02 pm

One last thing. Valenti went off on MSU today. For saying dumb shit. That’s fine. But then at the very end he complained, “And where is Hollis here?!? Why haven’t we heard from him?!?”

That alone should say MSU is in a no win situation. Talk don’t talk. You’re screwed. But if you do talk get advice on what you should say.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:06 pm

LooseGoose wrote:I agree they all need to stfu.....but I do want to point this out for all the holier than thous that seem to think everyone should have seen this shit happening. The frankly verges on the unbelievable - from today's Detroit News:

Christina Barba said she met Nassar when she was 9 years old and had broken her toe at the gym. She eventually gave up gymnastics and became a physical therapist, working side-by-side with him in his clinic. She said she consistently defended Nassar until her own trauma started to emerge last week.

"I knew the real Larry ... As a gymnast, that back room at the gym was a safe haven. I thought of him as both a friend and mentor. He’d always squeeze you in if you needed him. It was almost too good to be true," she said. "I needed someone else to point out the abuse because I couldn’t believe it myself ... The problem was I trusted him blindly through a child's eyes."

I really wasn't going to say anything further, but if you are calling me out, I will comment to those of you who choose to remain blissfully ignorant.

Nassar's abuse covers a broad spectrum - some of which could be misinterpreted as a legitimate medical procedure. That is not the issue. The issue is how complaints were handled that no one (except possibly the BOT) could reasonably confuse with a legitimate medical procedure.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:10 pm

Who are you talking about goose? Rolling Eyes
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:29 pm

I have a question and maybe it will come across as crass. I haven't followed real close on the situation. It's been said that there were rumblings or rumors. Where were the parents when this was going on? There's no way I believe that not one parent was made aware by their child. Did these parents only start getting voices when their kids careers were over? When the chance at medals weren't coming any more? If so then fuck the parents as well as Nassar. I get a kid keeping quiet. They're kids and don't want to ruin what they've worked so hard for. But I find it hard to believe not one of these kids didn't say something to their parents.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:33 pm

MSU addict wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:I agree they all need to stfu.....but I do want to point this out for all the holier than thous that seem to think everyone should have seen this shit happening.    The frankly verges on the unbelievable - from today's Detroit News:

I really wasn't going to say anything further, but if you are calling me out, I will comment to those of you who choose to remain blissfully ignorant.

Nassar's abuse covers a broad spectrum - some of which could be misinterpreted as a legitimate medical procedure.  That is  not the issue.  The issue is how complaints were handled that no one (except possibly the BOT) could reasonably confuse with a legitimate medical procedure.  

I wasn't calling anyone specifically here out.   My point was that for all of those yelling that so many people at MSU that should have known.   This woman was working with him and says she didn't see it.   Obviously in a much better position to do so than most.

In fact I'm surprised if she was helping him to the end that the victims even let her near them.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:37 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Who are you talking about goose? Rolling Eyes

And again this is why I stayed out of this thread all day. Everyone is looking to be offended or virtue signal, jump on any statement, etc etc.

I was astounded that a woman working with him daily said in a newspaper article that she didn't see the abuse and it got no reaction. I guess I'm the only one on earth that was surprised by that. The rest of you saw me reporting that as some sort of attack. Amazing.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:56 pm

You’re surprised that people didn’t know it was abuse at the time? Really? Did you just learn about this story or what?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:03 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:You’re surprised that people didn’t know it was abuse at the time? Really? Did you just learn about this story or what?

No, actually I linked to the original IndyStar story back in August of 15, the 1st indication that this story was bubbling up.

This woman was his assistant which is much closer to the abuse than many of those being excoriated for "missing" the abuse. Sorry that the point seems too hard for you to grasp.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:30 pm

Sounds like old news to me. But you can keep playing the offended card as you like to say; every time someone replies to your posts.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:40 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Sounds like old news to me. But you can keep playing the offended card as you like to say; every time someone replies to your posts.

You were the one that seemed bothered by his post. He clearly explained his point. You were the one rolling your eyes. He said he wasn't talking about anyone in particular. You assumed he was. Don't pretend you weren't. You jumped to a conclusion. Hard.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:54 pm

LooseGoose wrote:I agree they all need to stfu.....but I do want to point this out for all the holier than thous that seem to think everyone should have seen this shit happening. The frankly verges on the unbelievable - from today's Detroit News:

yeah, on the surface, it seems bizarre and difficult to fathom. But the "denial" (I don't like the term.. they're not denying anything, they've been groomed since they were children to be conditioned to trust and not ask questions) is very real. It's the very thing that allows monsters such as this to get away with these horrors for 20+ years.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:57 pm

Keep in mind, "victim blaming" is what Klages, Geddert, the Karolyis, et al. did and is part of what allowed this to go on for so long.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:57 pm

Oh and, Goose, that wasn't directed at you. Just a general statement.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:12 pm

kingstonlake wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Sounds like old news to me. But you can keep playing the offended card as you like to say; every time someone replies to your posts.

You were the one that seemed bothered by his post. He clearly explained his point. You were the one rolling your eyes. He said he wasn't talking about anyone in particular. You assumed he was. Don't pretend you weren't. You jumped to a conclusion. Hard.

He actually said holier than you in his post. So i was curious who he meant by that. Thanks for your thoughts, though.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:13 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Oh and, Goose, that wasn't directed at you. Just a general statement.

Might as well been, remember the mother of one of these girls is not a victim - just the actual girl.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:21 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:Oh and, Goose, that wasn't directed at you. Just a general statement.

Might as well been, remember the mother of one of these girls is not a victim - just the actual girl.
it isn't fair to minimize the impact this has on the parent(s). Granted, they aren't "victims" in the rigid definition of such, but these parents will suffer and be crippled with guilt for the rest of their lives.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:29 pm

Good news everyone, Spartan Nation can all relax - Vice Chairman Ferguson has apologized.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:31 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Good news everyone, Spartan Nation can all relax - Vice Chairman Ferguson has apologized.
well that makes me feel so much better.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:32 pm

Here comes the NCAA.

NCAA to open investigation
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:43 pm

Joel Ferguson 01/23/2018:
Ferguson also laughed at the idea of the NCAA investigating MSU.

"This is not Penn State," he said, referring to the Jerry Sandusky sex abuse scandal from several years ago. "They were dealing with their football program. ... They're smart enough to know they're not competent to walk in here on this."

Floyd Robertson wrote:Here comes the NCAA.

If you made this shit up - no one would believe it.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:48 pm

MSU addict wrote:Joel Ferguson 01/23/2018:

"This is not Penn State," he said, referring to the Jerry Sandusky sex abuse scandal from several years ago. "They were dealing with their football program. ... They're smart enough to know they're not competent to walk in here on this."

It's unbelievable how much money that asshole just cost MSU.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:03 pm

This is a pretty good article. Fair and crucifies MSU about the right things.

https://t.co/H7xY1Bl86w
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:10 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:This is a pretty good article. Fair and crucifies MSU about the right things.

Yep. Nothing to argue with there.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:17 pm

MSU addict wrote:Joel Ferguson 01/23/2018:

Jesus fucking Christ. Someone Fredo this dumb motherfucker. This severely pisses me off.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:19 pm

Has there been a more embarrassing time as a Spartan? Anyone’s lifetime here?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:23 pm

Well I was personally sat down in M. Pete's office and he pointed his finger in my face and told me how bad I pissed him off. That was kind of embarrassing. Does that count?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:28 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Well I was personally sat down in M. Pete's office and he pointed his finger in my face and told me how bad I pissed him off. That was kind of embarrassing. Does that count?
Actually, that is kind of impressive.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:45 pm

Mo Pete had an office?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:47 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:This is a pretty good article. Fair and crucifies MSU about the right things.

Well said by Rosenberg.

Larry Nassar would have been a pedophile anywhere. That does not excuse Michigan State’s actions here. The school has been alternately callous and clueless. To the rest of the country, what happened in a Lansing courtroom in the past week was heartbreaking and inspiring. To Michigan State, it’s just this Nassar thing. What a disgrace.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:57 pm

I would cheer it if I thought that idiotic organization would do something helpful in this awful situation but they won’t.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:31 am

The victim impact statements are having an impact on much more than sentencing. If it weren't for these public statements, this would've quietly gone away.

And that's disturbing. So grateful for these young ladies.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:28 am

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/01/23/sports/larry-nassar-rosemarie-aquilina-judge.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur&referer=https://t.co/5lE58ospii?amp=1
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:08 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:The victim impact statements are having an impact on much more than sentencing. If it weren't for these public statements, this would've quietly gone away.

And that's disturbing. So grateful for these young ladies.

Activist judge, bro. Eff that.
Da Mayor
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:04 am

I wasn't offended by you replying. I was offended that you of all people want to lecture me. Grow up a bit 1st.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:42 am

LooseGoose wrote:

I wasn't offended by you replying.   I was offended that you of all people want to lecture me.  Grow up a bit 1st.

I thought it was an interesting study in the psychological control these monsters have, in the gymnasts/assistants own words.  But I've warned you to be careful.  (jokingly) There are many here who are  not going to be able to discuss any aspect of the this case beause they are, rightfully, angry and are very emotional about it.  Short of all of us saying fire everybody, they won't be able to discuss how people could be duped, or fooled or whatever.  

What I've noticed is that the more idiots like Ferguson, Lyons, and people who mis speak like Izzo, and maybe Merchant, speak out loud, LAKS is getting the blame.   She might have messed up and appears to be "tone deaf" (buzz word now being used), but what gets me the most is any mis step from here on out, will be Simon's fault.  She's going to be gone.  That boat has left the harbor.  I hope they have a great successor in mind.   I don't trust this BoT.   It's my fear it will become political and not who will best lead us out of this mess, but also keep MSU moving forward.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:51 am

Watched a couple minutes of Denhollander before my call started. Damn. She's a boss.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:55 am

Larry Nassar was sometimes arrogant, sometimes nervous, during only interview on sex abuse

From the paper that really started the ball rolling on all of this.....

I’ve conducted somewhere around 10,000 interviews in my 40 years as a journalist, but one in particular has been on my mind lately.

It was my Sept. 12, 2016, face-to-face meeting with longtime USA Gymnastics team doctor Larry Nassar.

The reflection was spurred by days of raw, emotional testimony over the last week in a Michigan courtroom. More than 100 amazingly strong women detailed the physical and mental struggles they experienced after being sexually assaulted by Nassar under the guise of medical treatment.

And again they focus on USA Gymnastics.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 25 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next