Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

POS Doctor Nassar will rot in jail forever

+45
Tim Wakefield
SawGreen
Senior Dickfist
loogoldham
Da Mayor
Robert J Sakimano
DWags
WhiteBoyHatcher
Jake from State Farm
Death Roe
Nordic
Turtleneck
TheReal_LWS
SpartanJD01
MSU addict
Banks2Mason
aualum06
Blanch32
GRR Spartan
Rocinante
Bob Lee Swagger
Blaine Fabin
Wally Fairway
CampbellHall
Frank Drebin
Steve81
CaptainSlow33
msugolfguy
duffy munn
CheesySpartan
MiamiSpartan
Izzo Court
Cameron
Other Teams Pursuing That
xsanguine
Travis of the Cosmos
The_Dude
NigelUno
InTenSity
tGreenWay
Herbie Green
Floyd Robertson
Clarett's Folly
Watch Out Pylon!
MattyFresh
49 posters

Page 24 of 25 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

Go down

nassar schuette - POS Doctor Nassar will rot in jail forever  - Page 24 Empty Re: POS Doctor Nassar will rot in jail forever

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-01-24, 10:55

The university should make Mosallam the sole spokesperson until this shit is at a end. No one else has done anything to help. No

I think most people understand that this seems like a failure on just a small number of people's part (investigation pending). But the seemingly insensitive responses from LAKS and the stupid bickering coming from the BoT has really hurt. I'm actually glad that Hollis has gone radio silent. Doing that doesn't allow another stupid remark to be uttered. I'm sorry if it seems like I'm lumping everyone in the same basket, but there are a lot of dumb comments coming from a large number of high ranking people withing the university.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

nassar schuette - POS Doctor Nassar will rot in jail forever  - Page 24 Empty Re: POS Doctor Nassar will rot in jail forever

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-01-24, 10:55

LooseGoose wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Sounds like old news to me. But you can keep playing the offended card as you like to say; every time someone replies to your posts.

I wasn't offended by you replying. I was offended that you of all people want to lecture me. Grow up a bit 1st.

Does growing up = blaming families? Or how about we discuss what the girls were wearing when Nassar was in the room with them?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-01-24, 11:05

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

I wasn't offended by you replying. I was offended that you of all people want to lecture me. Grow up a bit 1st.

Does growing up = blaming families? Or how about we discuss what the girls were wearing when Nassar was in the room with them?

Please point out where I "blamed" families. I have pointed out that dropping your kid off for others to raise involves heightened risk. Whether that's gymnastics, equestrians, hockey - whatever sport. If the parent isn't there the kid is more vulnerable.

That's not blaming anyone, that's reality. There have been major molestation cases in many of these situations. Predators look for the vulnerable and any child not in direct care of their parents is more vulnerable. You can join the others and twist that any way you want but the facts are the facts. I'm pretty sure that many of these parents are unhappy with the decisions they made and the people they trusted.

And I could make fun of your absurd clothing point but that would simply join you in wallowing in stupidity clothed as empathy.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-01-24, 11:25

Robert J Sakimano wrote:The victim impact statements are having an impact on much more than sentencing. If it weren't for these public statements, this would've quietly gone away.

And that's disturbing. So grateful for these young ladies.

I'll get personal here.  My family really got into this last night.  My wife is a Spartan, my daughter is a Spartan, I'm a Spartan, and my 2nd daughter is poised to become one.  After last night, I dont' think she will be.  Was pretty disheartening, but completely understood.  I really think this will have a huge impact on MSU, way beyond just cutting off the head of the snake.   We'll get rid of LAKS, we'll most likely get rid of Hollis, those are given.  We can't get rid of the morons who speak idiocy on the BoT, but so be it.  

Getting rid of those at the top is not going to be enough to say, "look what we did we're good now".  This is going to majorly effect our fund raising, or outreach, our recruitment of teaching and research talent.  This will not be just a cut out and sew up type thing.   My youngest expressed doubts about going there now, and the oldest who is there, like many, is listening to the masses and feels embarrassed to be there.   Whether those feelings are justifiable or just whether they're emotional for now, they're the feelings they both have.   What got me was my wife bringing up Missouri to me.   Never really thought about that, but college is an intimidating thing to many young women who need to be away from home.   

Will it have this effect on MSU?  I don't know, but after hearing from my youngest last night, I wonder, and am mostly leaning that way.   Fuck Nassar

Missouri won't recover for a while

Within weeks, with the aid of the football team, they had forced the university system president and the campus chancellor to resign.
It was a moment of triumph for the protesting students. But it has been a disaster for the university.
Freshman enrollment at the Columbia campus, the system’s flagship, has fallen by more than 35 percent in the two years since.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-01-24, 11:38

Well Wags history has shown us time and time again that mob justice isn't good justice.

People let emotions rule and do major damage under the cloak of trying to do "what's right".

Everyone would be better off to wait and let the slow moving American Justice system to grind it's way through this.

They won't. The newspapers are fanning the mobs which I find interesting since usually they're the ones condemning them.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-01-24, 11:38

Good for youngest wags, and until the top has been cleared out - fuck em.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-01-24, 11:39

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:The victim impact statements are having an impact on much more than sentencing. If it weren't for these public statements, this would've quietly gone away.

I'll get personal here.  My family really got into this last night.  My wife is a Spartan, my daughter is a Spartan, I'm a Spartan, and my 2nd daughter is poised to become one.  After last night, I dont' think she will be.  Was pretty disheartening, but completely understood.  I really think this will have a huge impact on MSU, way beyond just cutting off the head of the snake.   We'll get rid of LAKS, we'll most likely get rid of Hollis, those are given.  We can't get rid of the morons who speak idiocy on the BoT, but so be it.  

Getting rid of those at the top is not going to be enough to say, "look what we did we're good now".  This is going to majorly effect our fund raising, or outreach, our recruitment of teaching and research talent.  This will not be just a cut out and sew up type thing.   My youngest expressed doubts about going there now, and the oldest who is there, like many, is listening to the masses and feels embarrassed to be there.   Whether those feelings are justifiable or just whether they're emotional for now, they're the feelings they both have.   What got me was my wife bringing up Missouri to me.   Never really thought about that, but college is an intimidating thing to many young women who need to be away from home.   

Will it have this effect on MSU?  I don't know, but after hearing from my youngest last night, I wonder, and am mostly leaning that way.   Fuck Nassar

Within weeks, with the aid of the football team, they had forced the university system president and the campus chancellor to resign.
It was a moment of triumph for the protesting students. But it has been a disaster for the university.
Freshman enrollment at the Columbia campus, the system’s flagship, has fallen by more than 35 percent in the two years since.

Yeah, Joel Fergusons comments yesterday were just awful and really soured my opinions about the university and how it has handled this. It really is shameful.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-01-24, 11:41

steveschneider wrote:
DWags wrote:

Yeah, Joel Fergusons comments yesterday were just awful and really soured my opinions about the university and how it has handled this. It really is shameful.

And this is probably more true for the general public. Most people don't realize what a bad impact JF has had on MSU for decades.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-01-24, 11:43

Goose still not really getting it. This is a different issue than who knew what and when. This is how the “leadership” has responded to it and it’s fucking unacceptable. Because a lot of us went to the school, the green classes keep reverting back to “due process” but this is a separate issue from a potential cover up.

It’s pretty sad to think about how this thread would be so different if it happened at another school in Michigan. You paid $ to take classes at this place, partied, and made some great friends. You would have done the same at any institution. Get a grip, MSU isnt special. It’s actually proving to be the opposite.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-01-24, 11:48

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Goose still not really getting it. This is a different issue than who knew what and when. This is how the “leadership” has responded to it and it’s fucking unacceptable.

So the leadership response is why you brought up what the girls were wearing.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-01-24, 11:51

LooseGoose wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Goose still not really getting it. This is a different issue than who knew what and when. This is how the “leadership” has responded to it and it’s fucking unacceptable.

So the leadership response is why you brought up what the girls were wearing.

Nah I let that go because i know where you stand when it comes to things like this.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor 2018-01-24, 11:59

DWags wrote:

Sounds like your daughter isn't basing her college choice on the most relevant of issues. But whatevs. Girls always make emotional decisions.
Da Mayor
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor 2018-01-24, 12:00

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Goose still not really getting it. This is a different issue than who knew what and when. This is how the “leadership” has responded to it and it’s fucking unacceptable. Because a lot of us went to the school, the green classes keep reverting back to “due process” but this is a separate issue from a potential cover up.

It’s pretty sad to think about how this thread would be so different if it happened at another school in Michigan. You paid $ to take classes at this place, partied, and made some great friends. You would have done the same at any institution. Get a grip, MSU isnt special. It’s actually proving to be the opposite.

You seem hormonal, bro.
Da Mayor
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-01-24, 12:19

steveschneider wrote:
DWags wrote:

To be sure, it wasn't his comments that put the youngest one on a path to seeing her way to another school. I don't really know her final decision yet.  But it wasn't JF's comments to do it.  It was the outcry on radio, it was articles calling for the head of the university, it was the impact of the testimony from victims, it was everything.   I really believe we're going to see MSU take huge steps backwards for a while.   Just my feeling, I only started feeling that way yesterday talking to the youngest about the whole thing.  I guess I never really thought how far reaching this would become.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-01-24, 12:27

Hope you guys are following this. It's compelling. He gives a statement and then judge reads his letter from last week where he claims it was all medical.

Campus is watching. https://twitter.com/SouichiTerada26/status/956216467560812544
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-01-24, 12:32

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Hope you guys are following this. It's compelling. He gives a statement and then judge reads his letter from last week where he claims it was all medical.

Campus is watching. https://twitter.com/SouichiTerada26/status/956216467560812544

Any way to stream it?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-01-24, 12:33

DWags wrote:

can't disagree. We've had the same conversations in my house.

There is no right answer. There is just the answer that is right for each person.

Hang in there.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-01-24, 12:34

steveschneider wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Hope you guys are following this. It's compelling. He gives a statement and then judge reads his letter from last week where he claims it was all medical.

Any way to stream it?
dude it's everywhere. Freep, LSJ, CNN is live streaming
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-01-24, 12:37

https://twitter.com/RiMurdock/status/956219002707210240

Is she saying she hopes he gets shanked?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-01-24, 12:42

If they give him an inch of space and a bedsheet, he's going to hang himself. He's a coward.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-01-24, 12:45

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Any way to stream it?
dude it's everywhere. Freep, LSJ, CNN is live streaming

Yeah, found it on the freep. I should have checked first.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-01-24, 12:55

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:

There is no right answer. There is just the answer that is right for each person.

Hang in there.

In the end, Im not sweating undergrad stuff anyway.   But my overall point here:  If the youngest, who is a legacy, who has been on the campus since she's a baby, who has stayed in dorms and apartments and houses with an older sister who is currently at MSU, is now having second thoughts, think about others.  Donors, up and coming teachers, who are thinking about teaching at MSU or elsewhere, researchers and research money.   

None of this is just because the board said asinine things or LAKS seeming to be tone deaf, or the frantic Spartans calling for everyone's head, but it's just a combination of all of them.  Maybe this conversation has only happened in our houses last night or this week, but I have a real funny feeling we're not alone here.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-01-24, 13:15

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Hang in there.

In the end, Im not sweating undergrad stuff anyway.   But my overall point here:  If the youngest, who is a legacy, who has been on the campus since she's a baby, who has stayed in dorms and apartments and houses with an older sister who is currently at MSU, is now having second thoughts, think about others.  Donors, up and coming teachers, who are thinking about teaching at MSU or elsewhere, researchers and research money.   

None of this is just because the board said asinine things or LAKS seeming to be tone deaf, or the frantic Spartans calling for everyone's head, but it's just a combination of all of them.  Maybe this conversation has only happened in our houses last night or this week, but I have a real funny feeling we're not alone here.
most definitely not alone. Everyone I know in East Lansing with a connection to the university is talking about it. It was a passing conversation over beers for the last 18 months. The victim impact statements have changed the intensity of the dialogue entirely.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-01-24, 13:29

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:

most definitely not alone. Everyone I know in East Lansing with a connection to the university is talking about it. It was a passing conversation over beers for the last 18 months. The victim impact statements have changed the intensity of the dialogue entirely.

Yep.  Did you read the impact of the protests at Missouri?  I don't know that it will have the same impact, but we're all naive if we think this won't have some kind of similar impact.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2018-01-24, 13:42

Hopefully, if Ferguson tries to run for the Board again, his opponent uses this quote freely.
if you expect somebody to stand on principle at Michigan State, it won’t be Ferguson. Ever.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-01-24, 14:17

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Yep.  Did you read the impact of the protests at Missouri?  I don't know that it will have the same impact, but we're all naive if we think this won't have some kind of similar impact.
I'll check it out. Thanks.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-01-24, 14:20

Only way Fergie doesn't run again is if he's dead or in jail.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-01-24, 14:29

If they clean house openly and transparently, I might think about donating again, so I wouldn't say this will cause irreparable damage to the U. It's just about how they handle it.

Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-01-24, 14:35

Rocinante wrote:If they clean house openly and transparently, I might think about donating again, so I wouldn't say this will cause irreparable damage to the U. It's just about how they handle it.

We disagree here. In the next decade, it will. It will take a while to rebuild. Just my opinion, this will severely effect every corner of our school. The legislature is now calling for the whole board to resign.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-01-24, 14:43

DWags wrote:
Rocinante wrote:If they clean house openly and transparently, I might think about donating again, so I wouldn't say this will cause irreparable damage to the U.  It's just about how they handle it.  

We disagree here.  In the next decade, it will.  It will take a while to rebuild.   Just my opinion, this will severely effect every corner of our school.  The legislature is now calling for the whole board to resign.  

Link please?

Edit: Found one.

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2018/01/24/house-speaker-calls-on-msu-board-to-resign/
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-01-24, 15:28

I mean... so?  A BOT isn't irreplaceable.  In fact, it might be good.  They should all step down.  Fresh start.  Fuck 'em.  

I know I'm not as deeply rooted in the inner workings of the U as some of you, but what I cannot abide is sweeping any part of this under the rug, or anyone remaining in a position of authority who had any chance to change any of this.  That is why I hate Penn State with the fire of a thousand suns, and if MSU does any of that, I will not be a hypocrite. I'll wash my hands of that shit.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-01-24, 15:42

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
DWags wrote:

We disagree here.  In the next decade, it will.  It will take a while to rebuild.   Just my opinion, this will severely effect every corner of our school.  The legislature is now calling for the whole board to resign.  

Link please?

Edit: Found one.

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2018/01/24/house-speaker-calls-on-msu-board-to-resign/

Face it, 100% of us come to this board for MSU athletic reasons.  I'd say 95% plus are morally outstanding people, even tGreenway.  We all want whats best for the victims first, middle, and last.  Athletics are secondary and in the grand scheme of things mean shit.   But I'm not going to kid myself about the eventual impact this will also have on that corner of the university.   And I also feel we're to blame in fanning the flames of hysteria here, to get the perception of MSU being out of control out to the public.  If that helps stop future monsters and it helps make the victims whole, I'm all for it.  To say that MSU alumni calling for the blood of everyone doesn't contribute to a national perception of chaos at our school is a bit naive.  I'm not saying it's not deserved, but man, we sure do help this stuff.   Again, that's good if it helps the victims.  More of it is needed if it does.   But because our demands for heads to roll and not being able to come up with one good reason why they shouldn't and our legendary coach stumbling through this too, all will help with our penalty, punishment and scarlet letter we need to wear for years to come.   So be it.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2018-01-24, 15:45

Rocinante wrote:I mean... so?  A BOT isn't irreplaceable.  In fact, it might be good.  They should all step down.  Fresh start.  Fuck 'em.

It is a separate issue, but how we select university BOT members in Michigan is just asinine. As they are elected officials, the governor can theoretically remove them from office.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-01-24, 15:49

MSU addict wrote:
Rocinante wrote:I mean... so?  A BOT isn't irreplaceable.  In fact, it might be good.  They should all step down.  Fresh start.  Fuck 'em.

It is a separate issue, but how we select university BOT members in Michigan is just asinine. As they are elected officials, the governor can theoretically remove them from office.

Electing trustees/regents is dumb. Why in the hell should I be given the opportunity to vote for the green party candidates for the UM board or regents? I have to believe appointing them, even in light of political favors, would do a better job.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2018-01-24, 15:56

DWags wrote:Face it, 100% of us come to this board for MSU athletic reasons.  I'd say 95% plus are morally outstanding people, even tGreenway.  We all want whats best for the victims first, middle, and last.  Athletics are secondary and in the grand scheme of things mean shit.   But I'm not going to kid myself about the eventual impact this will also have on that corner of the university.   And I also feel we're to blame in fanning the flames of hysteria here, to get the perception of MSU being out of control out to the public.  If that helps stop future monsters and it helps make the victims whole, I'm all for it.  To say that MSU alumni calling for the blood of everyone doesn't contribute to a national perception of chaos at our school is a bit naive.  I'm not saying it's not deserved, but man, we sure do help this stuff.   Again, that's good if it helps the victims.  More of it is needed if it does.   But because our demands for heads to roll and not being able to come up with one good reason why they shouldn't and our legendary coach stumbling through this too, all will help with our penalty, punishment and scarlet letter we need to wear for years to come.   So be it.
I understand where you are coming from, but there is no right answer.  If all of our alumni were silent, that could and would be interpreted as supporting a culture that allowed this to happen.

In the end each of us feel the way we feel.  Realistically, all of our pontificating on a message board is not going to change anyone's mind.  It is mostly a place to vent and to offer counterpoints to what others are saying.

Last edited by MSU addict on 2018-01-24, 16:02; edited 1 time in total
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2018-01-24, 16:00

Floyd Robertson wrote:
MSU addict wrote:

Electing trustees/regents is dumb. Why in the hell should I be given the opportunity to vote for the green party candidates for the UM board or regents? I have to believe appointing them, even in light of political favors, would do a better job.
In reality, getting placed on the ballot is a political favor. No independent person will ever be elected to a BOT position in Michigan.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-01-24, 16:02

Do you want to know what I suspect to be true? I think the BoT had some plans in mind for how to navigate these waters very carefully and respectfully in light of the pending litigation, and then to have Simon and perhaps other leaders resign when that cloud was lifted, and then at that time they could speak freely. Then Lyons broke ranks, perhaps out of his need to always call attention to himself. And then Ferguson went Ferguson.

Whether the plan would have actually worked in the current bloodlust climate or not is anyone's guess but I have a pretty good idea that something like that was in play. Now it's all chaos.

Should be interesting to see what happens in that regard next.

Izzone is wearing teal for the victims to the game on Friday and in support of Simon resigning.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-01-24, 16:18

This is really interesting.

https://www.gongwer.com/programming/blogindex.cfm
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-01-24, 16:31

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:This is really interesting.

https://www.gongwer.com/programming/blogindex.cfm

“The Nassar victim count is up to 200 – and rising. It doesn’t take advanced math to see the liability potentially surging past $1 billion.

That type of a judgment or settlement would have massive consequences for the university if it had to pay out of its own funds. So every move MSU is making appears governed by that fear.

The problem with this approach is obvious. In its effort to stave off financial ruin, MSU is suffering reputational ruin.”

Rock<<MSU>>Hard place.

Anybody wanna bet this could be a decade long or longer recovery
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-01-24, 16:38

Well it's been what, 5 years since the dust settled at Penn State? Would you say they have recovered?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 25 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25  Next