Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WARD NEEDS HIS OWN FUCKING THREAD: Bump when he's a bad ass

+31
pulling69
duffy munn
I.B. Fine
Nordic
CORNER BLITZ
Cameron
WhiteBoyHatcher
Herbie Green
Da Mayor
NigelUno
Dr. Strangelove
Space Lord
aualum06
steveschneider
SawGreen
tGreenWay
Blanch32
Death Roe
The_Dude
Clarett's Folly
Steve81
CheesySpartan
TheReal_LWS
MattyFresh
InTenSity
AnomanderRake
Watch Out Pylon!
Turtleneck
Tim Wakefield
Other Teams Pursuing That
DWags
35 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

WARD  NEEDS HIS OWN FUCKING THREAD: Bump when he's a bad ass - Page 3 Empty Re: WARD NEEDS HIS OWN FUCKING THREAD: Bump when he's a bad ass

Post by NigelUno 2017-12-06, 08:19

InTenSity wrote:Did he get pulled after going for the shot that he was hacked on the arms about 20 times with no call?

I think that was the same play. I was confused how Jackson ended up on the line after that one. There was a lot of contact.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

WARD  NEEDS HIS OWN FUCKING THREAD: Bump when he's a bad ass - Page 3 Empty Re: WARD NEEDS HIS OWN FUCKING THREAD: Bump when he's a bad ass

Post by DWags 2017-12-06, 10:29

NigelUno wrote:
InTenSity wrote:Did he get pulled after going for the shot that he was hacked on the arms about 20 times with no call?

I think that was the same play.  I was confused how Jackson ended up on the line after that one.  There was a lot of contact.  

Jackson was boxed out, but the guy, number 5?, bent at the waist and shoved jackson out of bounds about a foot and a half.   Had he not bent and shoved him with his ass, it woudl have just been a missed call on puddin.   Here's what I don't get in my limited knowledge of the game.  It seems to me that Puddin at least tries to back his man down and collapse the defense on him when he's in there.  He works hard underneath looking for his shot.   That seems to me, that it allows us to play that inside out game a bit easier and some of our great shooters are more open.  When JJJ and Carther are in there, it seems to me that they settle for mid range jumpers and aren't as willing to mix it up underneath.   I guess I like Puddin because he reimnds me of a football player that is willing to get bloody or bruised.   I'd also like it if the black guy with the glasses would bitch at the refs a bit more when puddin gets mugged underneath. 

As far as playing time, I'll defer that to our HOF coach.  Nobody knows what goes on in practice or locker room or on the bench.  That's an Izzo thing.   No more bitching about it.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-12-06, 10:34

DWags wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

I think that was the same play.  I was confused how Jackson ended up on the line after that one.  There was a lot of contact.  

Jackson was boxed out, but the guy, number 5?, bent at the waist and shoved jackson out of bounds about a foot and a half.   Had he not bent and shoved him with his ass, it woudl have just been a missed call on puddin.   Here's what I don't get in my limited knowledge of the game.  It seems to me that Puddin at least tries to back his man down and collapse the defense on him when he's in there.  He works hard underneath looking for his shot.   That seems to me, that it allows us to play that inside out game a bit easier and some of our great shooters are more open.  When JJJ and Carther are in there, it seems to me that they settle for mid range jumpers and aren't as willing to mix it up underneath.   I guess I like Puddin because he reimnds me of a football player that is willing to get bloody or bruised.   I'd also like it if the black guy with the glasses would bitch at the refs a bit more when puddin gets mugged underneath. 

As far as playing time, I'll defer that to our HOF coach.  Nobody knows what goes on in practice or locker room or on the bench.  That's an Izzo thing.   No more bitching about it.

JJJ has no low post game. He doesn't have the strength (or skill yet) for it. He's just a tall SF that can't quite handle the ball effectively enough yet to easily get to the basket.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor 2017-12-06, 10:38

NigelUno wrote:
DWags wrote:

JJJ has no low post game. He doesn't have the strength (or skill yet) for it. He's just a tall SF that can't quite handle the ball effectively enough yet to easily get to the basket.

Rolling Eyes Dude hit a huge left handed hook at a critical point in the game.
Da Mayor
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-12-06, 10:40

NigelUno wrote:
DWags wrote:

His drives to the basket makes me laugh sometimes. It looks like he's going to run everybody over. Usually though he does get to the hole without murdering his defender. His offense consists of the occasional ill-advised 3, drives to the basket, and put back dunks. And that's fine for now.

He also makes me chuckle when the guy he's guarding tries to prove a point and score on him. More often than not that guy gets rejected multiple times.

This is a fun team to watch... usually.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2017-12-06, 10:40

Read on another board (gasp!), that it looked like puddin wasn't as active if he felt he was open and not passed to, in getting back on defense. If that is the case, where he is sulking or getting on teammates for not passing to him, then I agree with benching him. Also pointed out that although Ward has less minutes, our D is better this year. I'd also argue that Izzo is harder on those who's ceiling is high.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-12-06, 10:54

Da Mayor wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Yeah. My bad. He looked just like Kareem.

It was more of a prayer than a hook shot.

If you have some (other) evidence of his strong low post game (especially in comparison to Ward), I'd love to see it.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-12-06, 11:06

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

JJJ has no low post game.  He doesn't have the strength (or skill yet) for it.  He's just a tall SF that can't quite handle the ball effectively enough yet to easily get to the basket.  

His drives to the basket makes me laugh sometimes. It looks like he's going to run everybody over. Usually though he does get to the hole without murdering his defender. His offense consists of the occasional ill-advised 3, drives to the basket, and put back dunks. And that's fine for now.

He also makes me chuckle when the guy he's guarding tries to prove a point and score on him. More often than not that guy gets rejected multiple times.

Hopefully, the big ten season convinces him he needs weight room and maybe another year here at MSU.  But again, if he's going to be a first round choice, he should go.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor 2017-12-06, 11:17

NigelUno wrote:
Da Mayor wrote:

If you have some (other) evidence of his strong low post game (especially in comparison to Ward), I'd love to see it.

It's not either-or, bro. Both can have low post games. Puddin's is stronger at this point, but to say JJJ doesn't have any at all just isn't true.

P.S. Fuck Tanny.
Da Mayor
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-12-06, 12:54

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

JJJ has no low post game.  He doesn't have the strength (or skill yet) for it.  He's just a tall SF that can't quite handle the ball effectively enough yet to easily get to the basket.  

Dude should not ever be shooting 3s or dribble driving to the hoop yet that is a substantial portion of his attempts.  It doesn't seem like Izzo is telling him to stop so I guess you get the green light for playing D.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-12-06, 13:09

Da Mayor wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

It's not either-or, bro. Both can have low post games. Puddin's is stronger at this point, but to say JJJ doesn't have any at all just isn't true.

P.S. Fuck Tanny.

Ward's low post game is 9.5/10.
JJJ's is .5/10
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-12-06, 17:14

From today's Graham Couch chat (where were you Bob). Nothing earth shattering.

http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/story/sports/columnists/graham-couch/2017/12/06/live-1-p-m-msu-sports-chat-graham-couch/926995001/

Comment From Dom
Hate to talk about this even more but...think people are taking this Ward stuff too seriously? Seen a ton about him "leaving" and what not.
via·about 4 hours ago
Graham Couch
He's not leaving MSU in-season, I don't think. That'd be silly. But I do believe he'll leave for the NBA after this season. He tried to after last season. That's no knock on his relationship with the program. That's what he wants. ... I do think it's overblown. From a basketball perspective, it's hard to watch him sit. But Izzo isn't going to let him get away with anything, it appears.

Izzo called him during the chat. The Bobs in the chat kept asking him to share. Here is what Couch said.

Most of our conversation was off-the-record or background. He wasn't thrilled with Nick Ward's response at halftime when he asked if he was ready to go. And didn't think Ward handled the night all that well. But what Izzo does better than other coaches, is he doesn't shut it down. There isn't another major program in the country, I don't think, where Nick Ward would have been available to the media after that and the locker room would have been open. It keeps it a one-day story and when Ward starts and plays normal minutes Saturday, it's over. It's smart. More coaches should do it. It hurts them when they don't, even thought they think they're protecting the program. It hurt Tom Crean at Indiana. It hurts a lot of these guys.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-12-06, 17:20

Awe shit, my guys leaving this year. Good for him and good luck to him. I was hoping for a third year.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-12-06, 18:29

Yeah ok Graham I am sure a basketball player's future performance is highly dependent on media availability.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2018-01-02, 15:10

Offensive Player of the Week. 2nd week in a row.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-01-02, 15:15

InTenSity wrote:Offensive Player of the Week. 2nd week in a row.

Just think of the player he could have been if Izzo hadn't ruined him by benching him.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-01-11, 11:10

Wanted to get a link in here today before Wags turned vicious.

Michigan State basketball: Nick Ward 'a man' in Spartans' OT win over Rutgers
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-01-11, 11:15

LooseGoose wrote:Wanted to get a link in here today before Wags turned vicious.

WARD  NEEDS HIS OWN FUCKING THREAD: Bump when he's a bad ass - Page 3 502811600

I noticed the way Izzo said, "Ironically, Nick Ward was our best player down the stretch".  Was he saying that because of him sitting at Rutgers?  Or  was he saying that because He dind't think it possible for Ward to be the best player?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-01-11, 11:19

#FREEWARD
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-01-11, 11:20

DWags wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Wanted to get a link in here today before Wags turned vicious.

WARD  NEEDS HIS OWN FUCKING THREAD: Bump when he's a bad ass - Page 3 502811600

I noticed the way Izzo said, "Ironically, Nick Ward was our best player down the stretch".  Was he saying that because of him sitting at Rutgers?  Or  was he saying that because He dind't think it possible for Ward to be the best player?

He probably said it because he hates Ward and wants him to quit.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-06-20, 19:53

He just tweeted he grew and is now 6’10”. “A bit under”

cheers
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2018-06-20, 22:14

Cool, did he also work on passing out of a double team?
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-06-20, 22:42

I just assume that inch and a half also raises his eyes up an amount equal to it.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-06-20, 23:13

Maybe he just got one of those benign cysts under his scalp on top of his head.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2018-06-21, 00:50

Aaron Neville stands 5'11", but 6' when he looks at the moon.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-06-21, 01:50

How about Fletch? He is actually 6’5”, with the Afro 6’9”.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2018-06-21, 12:31

Did he announce he's coming back and I just missed it?
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-06-21, 12:39

Yep. Big pudding back in EL next year.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2018-06-21, 14:48

Niiiice
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2018-06-21, 15:37

God where the fuck were you???
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-06-21, 22:20

Lakers take Wagner? Booh!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-07-01, 15:07

Nick Ward played a good portion of last season worrying his Mom was about to die.

Jeff Ward again met with Izzo and the MSU staff to explain what was going on. They decided they had to tell Nick something. Michigan State’s first exhibition game was scheduled for Oct 26. The regular season would begin on Nov. 3. Jeff and the coaches gave Nick “the watered-down version.”

“We didn’t want him to worry in the midst of the season, but Nick is so inquisitive,” Jeff says. “He knows when something isn’t right. He knew it was serious.”

Nick Ward visited Sparrow every day or every other day through the early goings of the season, popping in whenever he could. His father tried to insulate him. He told the nurses to only allow Nick in the room at certain times. Jeff never wanted his son to see his mother at her worst.

Stephanie’s condition was no secret inside the Michigan State program as the season began. Izzo visited her in the hospital and called regularly. Her name was mentioned during practices. “Keep praying for Nick’s mom.”

Finally, nearly one month after surgery, Stephanie Ward was discharged from Sparrow on Nov. 20. Jeff, on leave from his job as general manager of a Walmart, had been living in a hotel in Lansing for four weeks, making the trek home to Columbus, Ohio, every few days to check on Nate and Nolan. Stephanie was far from healthy, but the family needed her closer to home. She was admitted to Ohio State University Medical Center. Two more surgeries followed. Then two more weeks in the hospital. When Stephanie finally returned home in early December, she was still under nurses’ care and only in the beginning stages of rehabilitation. She’d lost nearly 50 pounds and was relearning how to walk on her own.

Pay Site
The untold story of Nick Ward’s sophomore season at Michigan State
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-07-01, 16:10

I love that kid. Even if he ran my kid over on the sidelines. I predict he leads us to the final four next year.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2018-07-01, 16:19

Looking thin at moneyball this summer
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-10-10, 07:56

Each kid picks his own walkout song. Only bad asses would pick this one. Turn it up.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BouvfgWBm5V/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1b2rfugladpuo
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-10-26, 03:18

Izzo Ward mending fences.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-01-02, 21:28

Bumper
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-01-02, 21:35

Yes sir.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2019-01-07, 16:43

Michigan State's Nick Ward named Big Ten Player of the Week
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-01-08, 23:01

Bump
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next