Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you think you will see the repeal of the 2nd amendment in your lifetime?

+27
Venice
Brock Middlebrook
Jethro Bodeen
Rodeo Burger
CrazySparty
SawGreen
The Pantry
Death Roe
Other Teams Pursuing That
tTy
PreMadonna
Pervis Muldoon
WBill
y2kMgrad
Gob Bluth
LoneWolfSparty
Bill S. Preston, Esquire
Snake Plissken
Dolph Ziggler
Jake from State Farm
WCS
Spartan Nachos
Turtleneck
Three_Putt_Par
Travis of the Cosmos
DWags
Jor El
31 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Do you think you will see the repeal of the 2nd amendment in your lifetime? Empty Do you think you will see the repeal of the 2nd amendment in your lifetime?

Post by Jor El Sat 31 May 2014 - 19:29

I think there is a very good chance someone in their 20s right now will live to see it.
Jor El
Jor El
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Do you think you will see the repeal of the 2nd amendment in your lifetime? Empty Re: Do you think you will see the repeal of the 2nd amendment in your lifetime?

Post by DWags Sat 31 May 2014 - 19:34

They can take my gun from my cold dead hands.

Or not.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Do you think you will see the repeal of the 2nd amendment in your lifetime? Empty Re: Do you think you will see the repeal of the 2nd amendment in your lifetime?

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sat 31 May 2014 - 19:36

A guy walked into a school and executed an entire class of 6 year olds. Nothing changed.

It's never going to happen.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Three_Putt_Par Sat 31 May 2014 - 19:39

I doubt it will be repealed, but it will continue to be interpreted differently as time goes on. The language in the 2nd Amendment leaves a lot of room for SCOTUS to play with its meaning.

Last edited by Three_Putt_Par on Sat 31 May 2014 - 19:39; edited 1 time in total
Three_Putt_Par
Three_Putt_Par
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat 31 May 2014 - 19:39

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:A guy walked into a school and executed an entire class of 6 year olds. Nothing changed.

We could hope that happens at an NRA convention, or would that be wrong?

Of course it would be horrible but very ironic.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sat 31 May 2014 - 19:50

No. 3/4 of the states must ratify an amendment. I do not see this happening. In fact, I do not see 2/3 of Congress (or 2/3 of a national convention) proposing such an amendment any time soon
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Spartan Nachos Sat 31 May 2014 - 20:42

No. Once you start fucking with the constitution, this country will go to shit in a hurry.
Spartan Nachos
Spartan Nachos
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WCS Sat 31 May 2014 - 20:51

Spartan Nachos wrote:No. Once you start fucking with the constitution, this country will go to shit in a hurry.
well, it's an amendment and the constitution is designed to be changed. It's a living document.

That being said, there aren't enough stupid Americans to get rid of that amendment.

WCS
WCS
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Sat 31 May 2014 - 20:51

The 4th amendment has been pretty much trashed. Wouldn't surprise me to see the 2nd go next.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolph Ziggler Sat 31 May 2014 - 20:53

I just don't see it happening. I have no interest in ever owning a gun, but I understand why people do, and their rationale for them being legal. Most of which are pretty unrelated to the reasons in the second amendment. It is basically written as a defense from tyrannical governments, so a government taking that away would be kinda fucked up. I don't know, Brock. How about DeWitt girls' golf?
Dolph Ziggler
Dolph Ziggler
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken Sat 31 May 2014 - 21:08

Three_Putt_Par wrote:I doubt it will be repealed, but it will continue to be interpreted differently as time goes on. The language in the 2nd Amendment leaves a lot of room for SCOTUS to play with its meaning.

Totally agree
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill S. Preston, Esquire Sat 31 May 2014 - 21:14

Sweet. We have people in this country that don't care that our government can read their email, texts, listen to phone calls, download all files from their phone, track their daily habits, and want to rid the populace of any and all self defense.

Seems like a great idea.

I bet many of these same idiots still think we took over Iraq for "freedom".
Bill S. Preston, Esquire
Bill S. Preston, Esquire
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 31 May 2014 - 21:30

Jor El wrote:I think there is a very good chance someone in their 20s right now will live to see it.

Not a chance.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty Sat 31 May 2014 - 21:32

I know I won't live to see it because I'll die before I let it happen.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Gob Bluth Sat 31 May 2014 - 21:38

Nope. Too much $$$ from the NRA and other gun nuts. And too much hilarious "tough talk" from guys like LoneWolf. I'd hate to see that come to an end.
Gob Bluth
Gob Bluth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolph Ziggler Sat 31 May 2014 - 21:43

Warning Intruders: After you steal my stuff with no resistance from me, I'm probably going to call the cops and hope for the best, then make an insurance claim.
Dolph Ziggler
Dolph Ziggler
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WCS Sat 31 May 2014 - 21:46

Gob Bluth wrote:Nope. Too much $$$ from the NRA and other gun nuts. And too much hilarious "tough talk" from guys like LoneWolf. I'd hate to see that come to an end.

Too much common sense from the American people...the nutters on the left will never legally over turn the 2nd amendment.
WCS
WCS
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WCS Sat 31 May 2014 - 21:49

Dolph Ziggler wrote:Warning Intruders: After you steal my stuff with no resistance from me, I'm probably going to call the cops and hope for the best, then make an insurance claim.
Warning to the tyrants...after you send your armed agents to take my property, I will hashtag the Hell out of you on Twitter!
WCS
WCS
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad Sat 31 May 2014 - 23:10

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Very ambiguous sentence.
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WBill Sat 31 May 2014 - 23:17

So making guns illegal will keep them out of the hands of criminals......How is that working with drugs ?
WBill
WBill
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon Sat 31 May 2014 - 23:26

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:A guy walked into a school and executed an entire class of 6 year olds. Nothing changed.

Exactly. Too many politicians are cowards.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 31 May 2014 - 23:44

Gob Bluth wrote:Nope. Too much $$$ from the NRA and other gun nuts. And too much hilarious "tough talk" from guys like LoneWolf. I'd hate to see that come to an end.

Always with the "nuts" and "crazies" to describe anyone that disagrees with the Leftists.

Ever wonder which wing of today's politics that the Founding Fathers would consider crazy?

I'm sure they'd be down with gay marriage, government paid sex change operations, abortion on demand, etc, etc.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by PreMadonna Sat 31 May 2014 - 23:52

WBill wrote:So making guns illegal will keep them out of the hands of criminals......How is that working with drugs ?

It won't, until we decide we are willing to pay the costs of enforcing these laws.  
Want a gun, fine, commit a crime while carrying, life imprisonment w/o parole.  

Of course that means another 5 or so prisons in Michigan.   Willing to pay for this?  

I am.
PreMadonna
PreMadonna
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Sun 1 Jun 2014 - 0:11

Why don't we just ban everything that has ever killed something and then we could all live happily ever after forever!

tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Sun 1 Jun 2014 - 0:13

PreMadonna wrote:

It won't, until we decide we are willing to pay the costs of enforcing these laws.  
Want a gun, fine, commit a crime while carrying, life imprisonment w/o parole.  

Of course that means another 5 or so prisons in Michigan.   Willing to pay for this?  

I am.

I thought you hippies were into rehabilitating these fuckers and setting them free, not locking them up and throwing away the key. Hell, if we're going to do that, we minus well use their own gun to kill them, then destroy the gun and call it good!
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 1 Jun 2014 - 0:30

tTy wrote:Why don't we just ban everything that has ever killed something and then we could all live happily ever after forever!

Problem for the gun grabbers with that is that knives kill 4X the people per year that shotguns or rifle do....and they all own knives.
Fists kill double the people each year that shotguns or rifles do and they all have fists they would prefer not to lose. And don't even talk to them about confiscating their cars even though car accidents kill many more people per year than all guns.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sun 1 Jun 2014 - 0:39

Nobody wants to ban fucking guns. But no reasonable person has ever been able to explain to me why is so fucking easy to get shit at gun shows and suck.

Meh, whatever. Fuk it. My rights fear government bad people will have guns protect my house blah blah blah. It won't change. We've lost our minds and can't reason with each other so I guess it's best just to arm ourselves.

I'll bet anyone a case of beer that by this time next year we have another mass shooting by a guy who picked up a gun at a gun show somewhere and is mad at the world. I'll also bet it happens in our country before some other country.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sun 1 Jun 2014 - 0:42

Lmao at lone wolf response what a badass Do you think you will see the repeal of the 2nd amendment in your lifetime? 1966794946

Joke
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 1 Jun 2014 - 0:51

DWags wrote:Nobody wants to ban fucking guns.  But no reasonable person has ever been able to explain to me why is so fucking easy to get shit at gun shows and suck.  

Meh, whatever.  Fuk it.  My rights fear government bad people will have guns protect my house blah blah blah.  It won't change.   We've lost our minds and can't reason with each other so I guess it's best just to arm ourselves.  

I'll bet anyone a case of beer  that by this time next year we have another mass shooting by a guy who picked up a gun at a gun show somewhere and is mad at the world.  I'll also bet it happens in our country before some other country.  

He didn't buy his at a gun show, he bought them all legally in CA - a state with some of the strictest gun laws in the nation.

Also FYI like the term "assault rifle" the great "gun show loophole" is a politician/media created myth. Seeing that he killed his 1st 3 victims with a knife perhaps we need to look into the "knife show loophole" too?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Sun 1 Jun 2014 - 0:53

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Lmao at lone wolf response what a badass Do you think you will see the repeal of the 2nd amendment in your lifetime? 1966794946

Joke

LOL I didn't see that response earlier. He's definitely the most intimidating person on here.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad Sun 1 Jun 2014 - 0:58

LooseGoose wrote:

He didn't buy his at a gun show, he bought them all legally in CA - a state with some of the strictest gun laws in the nation.  

Also FYI like the term "assault rifle" the great "gun show loophole" is a politician/media created myth.  Seeing that he killed his 1st 3 victims with a knife perhaps we need to look into the "knife show loophole" too?

Do you think it's more difficult to commit a mass murder with a knife?
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 1 Jun 2014 - 0:59

y2kMgrad wrote:

Do you think it's more difficult to commit a mass murder with a knife?

I doubt degree of difficulty matters much to the victims.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad Sun 1 Jun 2014 - 1:01

LooseGoose wrote:

I doubt degree of difficulty matters much to the victims.

Would there be more or less victims if the killer had to use a knife?
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 1 Jun 2014 - 1:10

y2kMgrad wrote:

Would there be more or less victims if the killer had to use a knife?

There's no way to know that. I believe the "record" for a knife mass murder is 27, is that enough gore?

The last mass murder in Santa Barbara happened in the same area as this one, the guy used a car to kill 4 people and got out in 10 years. I guess people don't hold cars against people like they do guns?

It was Feb. 23, 2001, when David Attias — a then-University of California-Santa Barbara freshman and son of Hollywood director Daniel Attias — plowed his turbo-charged Saab into a group of young adults in the same Isla Vista neighborhood of the coastal community, killing four and permanently injuring another before climbing atop the car and declaring himself "the Angel of Death." Charged with murder, he was found not guilty by reason of insanity and sent to a state mental institution. He was released in 2012, having been locked away for slightly more than two years for each of his dead victims.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/05/30/01-santa-barbara-killer-walks-free-as-families-relive-carnage-13-years-later/?intcmp=latestnews
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad Sun 1 Jun 2014 - 1:17

LooseGoose wrote:

There's no way to know that.  I believe the "record" for a knife mass murder is 27, is that enough gore?

The last mass murder in Santa Barbara happened in the same area as this one, the guy used a car to kill 4 people and got out in 10 years.  I guess people don't hold cars against people like they do guns?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/05/30/01-santa-barbara-killer-walks-free-as-families-relive-carnage-13-years-later/?intcmp=latestnews

So, in your opinion, it's just as easy to kill something with a knife or car as it is a gun?
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sun 1 Jun 2014 - 1:18

LooseGoose wrote:

Also FYI like the term "assault rifle" the great "gun show loophole" is a politician/media created myth.  Seeing that he killed his 1st 3 victims with a knife perhaps we need to look into the "knife show loophole" too?
How many times in a row did you get off when you heard he killed someone with a knife too?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 1 Jun 2014 - 1:21

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:How many times in a row did you get off when you heard he killed someone with a knife too?

Zero. Asshole.

It takes a special kind of jerk to accuse someone of celebrating an innocent victims death.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sun 1 Jun 2014 - 1:25

LooseGoose wrote:

Zero.   Asshole.

It takes a special kind of jerk to accuse someone of celebrating an innocent victims death.

K.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sun 1 Jun 2014 - 1:28

LooseGoose wrote:

Zero. Asshole.

Cool. Keep all your guns. Bad Government , get guns legally, knifes kill too. So do cars. My rights. Assault rifles lied about. Whatever. Your side wins. Always will.

Wanna bet me by this time next year a mass shooting happens again? And the next one will be in our country before another country?

Like I say, we've list reason in this country and we ain't going back. Too much hate. No big deal, just stY armed and ready.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 1 Jun 2014 - 1:34

DWags wrote:Wanna bet me by this time next year a mass shooting happens again?  And the next one will be in our country before another country?  

Like I say, we've list reason in this country and we ain't going back.  Too much hate.   

I agree. They'll continue here no matter what. If you want to cut down the frequency it might be smart to deal with the root cause. Mental health. Tucson - nutcase. Aurora - nutcase. Newtown - nutcase. Santa Barbara - nutcase. ALL of them had been treated for mental health issues. People knew they were a threat in every case and nothing was done to stop them. Nothing can be done because of the changes in the laws that don't allow involuntary commitment in most cases.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next