Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you think you will see the repeal of the 2nd amendment in your lifetime?

+27
Venice
Brock Middlebrook
Jethro Bodeen
Rodeo Burger
CrazySparty
SawGreen
The Pantry
Death Roe
Other Teams Pursuing That
tTy
PreMadonna
Pervis Muldoon
WBill
y2kMgrad
Gob Bluth
LoneWolfSparty
Bill S. Preston, Esquire
Snake Plissken
Dolph Ziggler
Jake from State Farm
WCS
Spartan Nachos
Turtleneck
Three_Putt_Par
Travis of the Cosmos
DWags
Jor El
31 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Do you think you will see the repeal of the 2nd amendment in your lifetime? - Page 4 Empty Re: Do you think you will see the repeal of the 2nd amendment in your lifetime?

Post by Bill S. Preston, Esquire Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:45 pm

DWags wrote:

Cool. Keep all your guns. Bad  Government , get guns legally, knifes kill too. So do cars. My rights. Assault rifles lied about.  Whatever.  Your side wins. Always will.  

Wanna bet me by this time next year a mass shooting happens again?  And the next one will be in our country before another country?  

Like I say, we've list reason in this country and we ain't going back.  Too much hate.  No big deal, just stY armed and ready.  

This dude has never heard of Africa. Shit, there is more gun violence there in a day in general than the rest of the world.

10 white people die from guns in the US and there is outrage from the internet smartasses. It just goes to show you how much ignorance there is in this country. We legitimately believe we're the only place with gun violence.

Central/South America and Africa absolutely blow the US out of the water with intentional homicide rates. I mean, it's not even close. We act like we have it so bad here and it's all because of guns. I must say, the left sure does a great job of brainwashing the legions of morons that follow their partisan politics.

With all of that said, I'm not a fan of assault rifles and I think those should be banned. Rifles, shot guns, hand guns, are fine with me. Let people arm themselves. However, nobody needs a M4A1 or something just sitting in their suburban household.
Bill S. Preston, Esquire
Bill S. Preston, Esquire
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Do you think you will see the repeal of the 2nd amendment in your lifetime? - Page 4 Empty Re: Do you think you will see the repeal of the 2nd amendment in your lifetime?

Post by Rodeo Burger Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:45 pm

Pervis Muldoon wrote:

What outrage have I expressed?

You don't have outrage at a president and a US attorney general arming known murderers. Yet you don't want a US citizen with no record to be prevented from owning a gun?

Really? Nice job lowering the bar. We'll all suffer for it.
Rodeo Burger
Rodeo Burger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:46 pm

tTito wrote:

OK this is where you lost. There are plenty of laws in place restricting firearms. What do you want? You want to rely on the Government to solve all societal issues for you? Why are you so afraid of guns? Tell us what your perfect plan is?

Guns for everyone. That's my plan. Why are you trying to limit me against the Mexicans?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:48 pm

Bill S. Preston, Esquire wrote:

This dude has never heard of Africa. Shit, there is more gun violence there in a day in general than the rest of the world.

10 white people die from guns in the US and there is outrage from the internet smartasses. It just goes to show you how much ignorance there is in this country. We legitimately believe we're the only place with gun violence.

Central/South America and Africa absolutely blow the US out of the water with intentional homicide rates. I mean, it's not even close. We act like we have it so bad here and it's all because of guns. I must say, the left sure does a great job of brainwashing the legions of morons that follow their partisan politics.

With all of that said, I'm not a fan of assault rifles and I think those should be banned. Rifles, shot guns, hand guns, are fine with me. Let people arm themselves. However, nobody needs a M4A1 or something just sitting in their suburban household.

So is this a free country or should have or not have be based on what you think?

Last edited by tTito on Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:49 pm

We're comparing ourselves to Africa, South and Central Americas now? Sweet.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:50 pm

DWags wrote:

Guns for everyone.   That's my plan.  Why are you trying to limit me against the Mexicans?  

You lost. All you can respond with is foolish sarcasm.

Edit: BTW I'm still waiting to hear about why you think someone is going to shoot you.

Last edited by tTito on Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:51 pm

That's a slippery slope you'd like to put us on. What if more then one person breaks into my house? Now I don't have my assault rifle.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:52 pm

tTito wrote:

Tell me, if everyone had a gun and was open carrying it, would you be more or less nervous?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill S. Preston, Esquire Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:53 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
We're comparing ourselves to Africa, South and Central Americas now? Sweet.

It was a direct response to the line of thinking that we're going to be the only country with mass murders from guns. Mass murder from a gun in the US is 10. That's like an afternoon picnic in Central America.

We're much more comparable to many European and Asian countries with roughly 5 murders per 100k.

In fact, we have roughly 3 more murders per 100k people than Canada. It's somewhat surprising given how we're a much more diverse population in terms of both race and religion. Diversity brings on higher murder rates. Turns out when people disagree with each other, we get trigger happy. Pun intended.

Bill S. Preston, Esquire
Bill S. Preston, Esquire
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:54 pm

tTito wrote:

Edit: BTW I'm still waiting to hear about why you think someone is going to shoot you.

They won't shoot me. How do you want me to answer that?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:55 pm

DWags wrote:

That's a slippery slope you'd like to put us on.  What if more then one person breaks into my house?  Now I don't have my assault rifle.  

Still waiting for you're solution to the problem of inner city violence.................... crickets...........
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MasonGuy Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:55 pm

All I know is I own guns and you can't prevent me from having them and the government can't take them. Any words whatsoever that you have to say against my owning guns are silly and without merit or reason so please don't say anything. If you do, you need to shut up because I was ignoring you before you started.

Thank you.
MasonGuy
MasonGuy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:56 pm

DWags wrote:

They won't shoot me.  How do you want me to answer that?  

If they won't shoot you, what are you afraid of ?
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WBill Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:58 pm

Well the gun market is already heavily regulated, despite the amendment. It's just a question of how much more regulation you want to add on top of the current level.

I did some work for a Polish immigrant years ago, he got in trouble with the DNR. I asked him about hunting in Poland, and his response
then was that the only people in Poland with guns was the army.
WBill
WBill
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:59 pm

I thought Obama was going to fix everything and we would be back to the Waltons.
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:00 pm

It was a direct response to the line of thinking that we're going to be the only country with mass murders from guns. Mass murder from a gun in the US is 10. That's like an afternoon picnic in Central America.

We're much more comparable to many European and Asian countries with roughly 5 murders per 100k.

In fact, we have roughly 3 more murders per 100k people than Canada. It's somewhat surprising given how we're a much more diverse population in terms of both race and religion. Diversity brings on higher murder rates. Turns out when people disagree with each other, we get trigger happy. Pun intended.

You're again saying that were comparable only when you put it in total world terms. If for a second we only look at industrialized countries, were way behind.

I'm not really arguing a point right now, more just saying that this particular argument is ridiculous.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:01 pm

Pervis Muldoon wrote:

I didn't bring the gun plan.  I brought the Doritos.  Was I supposed to bring the gun plan?  Nobody told me I was supposed to bring the gun plan.
Sad confirmation you're just another paper asshole.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:02 pm

Rodeo Burger wrote:

You don't have outrage at a president and a US attorney general arming known murderers. Yet you don't want a US citizen with no record to be prevented from owning a gun?

Really? Nice job lowering the bar. We'll all suffer for it.

First, you claimed I was outraged - though I've expressed no outrage. Now you've claimed (I'm not positive you meant this; it appears you've sort of triple-negatived your way into incoherence) that I want to prohibit law-abiding citizens from owning guns - though I didn't express that.

I'd like to kindly ask you to quit inventing my positions. While I'm sure it's easier to argue against that gun-grabber in your imagination, it's a bit pathetic.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:02 pm

Stop being realistic. We want this Country to be the Waltons. Good night John Boy,
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:07 pm

tTito wrote:

Stop being realistic. We want this Country to be the Waltons. Good night John Boy,

So, everyone has a weapon and is open carrying. Do you feel more safe or less safe?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill S. Preston, Esquire Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:17 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
You're again saying that were comparable only when you put it in total world terms. If for a second we only look at industrialized countries, were way behind.

I'm not really arguing a point right now, more just saying that this particular argument is ridiculous.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate

We're also way ahead of those other industrialized countries in terms of diversity. Japan has something like 95% Japanese people.

If we were to shrink the US down significantly, make everyone look, believe, and act the same, then our murder rates would plummet. However, we're an extremely diverse country. Murder rates have a much better correlation to diversity than they do to gun control.

Take Switzerland. They have guns everywhere. Nearly every household has a gun but they have low gun violence. Why? They all look the same, act the same, and believe in the same shit. Imagine if you could walk into inner city Detroit, South Chicago, or LA and get all the gangs to settle down and stop fighting over territory and other BS. Murder rates would fall. They would fall significantly.

The real reason why our murder rate is so high is because we have a lot of violence in areas where we cram large amounts of people into a small area. And those people tend to want to live very differently. In general, people fear the unknown and so when they see people very different then themselves infringing on their "hood", they start fighting.

The random murders where white kids get blown away are so, so tiny relative to the population. So when these things happen, we have politicians that use the murder rates from inner cities (where apparently we don't care how many people die) and apply those to the white kids that get blown away. It's really just a political veil draped over our eyes so we see a distorted picture.

If people were as outraged over gun violence, they would want to battle the accepted ignorance placed on inner cities. But that is out of sight, out of mind. It's much easier to blame guns than it is to take on the task of changing the toxic environment that drives the murder rates.

Last edited by Bill S. Preston, Esquire on Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bill S. Preston, Esquire
Bill S. Preston, Esquire
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:23 pm

DWags wrote:

So, everyone has a weapon and is open carrying.  Do you feel more safe or less safe?  

Law-abiding Americans with no criminal record carrying open and convicted felons not carrying? I'm there 100%.

This is another stupid, unrealistic hypothetical, however, since the point is that we live in a free Country and have the right to choose.
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:24 pm

The Pantry wrote:Sad confirmation you're just another paper asshole.

While that really hurts my feelings, I'm sure I'll soon go back to forgetting that you exist - so, no harm done.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:50 pm

I propose that we amend the Constitution with the following amendment:

All people are created equal. None shall kill his fellow man. None shall be deranged, desperate, psychotic, sociopathic, greedy or possess any other similar abnormalities. We shall live together in harmony with no violence or violent thoughts as mankind has done since time recorded and continues to do so in all countries around the word. Let's all get along.

Problem solved.

tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:00 pm

Pervis Muldoon wrote:

Or we realize that a gun is much more likely to cause death to someone we know than to save us from bad guys.

Do you think you will see the repeal of the 2nd amendment in your lifetime? - Page 4 502811600 Back to similarities between guns, knives, and cars!!
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:06 pm

tTito wrote:I propose that we amend the Constitution with the following amendment:

All people are created equal. None shall kill his fellow man. None shall be deranged, desperate, psychotic, sociopathic, greedy or possess any other similar abnormalities. We shall live together in harmony with no violence or violent thoughts as mankind has done since time recorded and continues to do so in all countries around the word. Let's all get along.

Problem solved.

But if we have sociopathic or greedy people who have not committed a felony up until this point I say we arm them and open carry. As long as they're law abiding I have no problem. I see nothing wrong with this. We don't need less we need more. I'm sick of people trying to infringe my rights. Automatic assault rifles also should be allowed and open carry laws passed nationally. That will end gun violence. And if any pussies like James Brady get shot, you don't react by taking away rights. If Brady and Reagan were openly carrying. No way that assassination attempt happens.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:18 pm

LoneWolfSparty wrote:

Do you think you will see the repeal of the 2nd amendment in your lifetime? - Page 4 502811600 Back to similarities between guns, knives, and cars!!

You own a car to save yourself from bad guys? As Goose would tell you, that's a good move.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:22 pm

Pervis Muldoon wrote:

You own a car to save yourself from bad guys? As Goose would tell you, that's a good move.

No but it's more likely to hurt someone you love than save you from a bad guy. Just using your logic!
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:26 pm

LoneWolfSparty wrote:

No but it's more likely to hurt someone you love than save you from a bad guy. Just using your logic!

Don't try to use logic; you'll only hurt yourself.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:29 pm

Pervis Muldoon wrote:

Reading this thread proves that of the two of us, I'm not the one having trouble with logic......
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Brock Middlebrook Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:30 pm

tTito wrote:I thought Obama was going to fix everything and we would be back to the Waltons.

I think h/we'll get there in his third term.

Last edited by Brock Middlebrook on Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
Brock Middlebrook
Brock Middlebrook
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:32 pm

I'll just leave this here to emphasize some points.  

1) Where there's a will, there's a way.
2) Were it not for guns, Star Trek wouldn't have made it through season 1.

Do you think you will see the repeal of the 2nd amendment in your lifetime? - Page 4 Kirk_a10

(and he just found this shit lying around)
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Brock Middlebrook Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:34 pm

We're also way ahead of those other industrialized countries in terms of diversity. Japan has something like 95% Japanese people.

If we were to shrink the US down significantly, make everyone look, believe, and act the same, then our murder rates would plummet. However, we're an extremely diverse country. Murder rates have a much better correlation to diversity than they do to gun control.

Take Switzerland. They have guns everywhere. Nearly every household has a gun but they have low gun violence. Why? They all look the same, act the same, and believe in the same shit. Imagine if you could walk into inner city Detroit, South Chicago, or LA and get all the gangs to settle down and stop fighting over territory and other BS. Murder rates would fall. They would fall significantly.

The real reason why our murder rate is so high is because we have a lot of violence in areas where we cram large amounts of people into a small area. And those people tend to want to live very differently. In general, people fear the unknown and so when they see people very different then themselves infringing on their "hood", they start fighting.

The random murders where white kids get blown away are so, so tiny relative to the population. So when these things happen, we have politicians that use the murder rates from inner cities (where apparently we don't care how many people die) and apply those to the white kids that get blown away. It's really just a political veil draped over our eyes so we see a distorted picture.

If people were as outraged over gun violence, they would want to battle the accepted ignorance placed on inner cities. But that is out of sight, out of mind. It's much easier to blame guns than it is to take on the task of changing the toxic environment that drives the murder rates.

+1

http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/crime/

Brock Middlebrook
Brock Middlebrook
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:20 pm

Pervis Muldoon wrote:

You mean like the "logic" when the leftists used false science to ban DDT resulting in the deaths of MILLIONS all over the world from malaria? Those are essentially the same people that want to ban guns. Let's see you campaign to legalize DDT if you're serious about saving lives.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Molon Labe Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:41 pm

In the United States, annual firearm homicides total
2011: 11,101

31,346 people die from gun violence:
-12,035 people are murdered.
-18,117 people kill themselves.
-601 people are killed accidentally.
-343 are killed by police intervention.
-251 die but intent is not known.

74,835 people survive gun injuries:
-53,890 people are injured in an attack.
-3,753 people survive a suicide attempt.
-16,405 people are shot accidentally.
-787 people are shot by police intervention

1,694 people die from knife attack

Can't even find a statistic on how many people are intentionally murdered by a car.

Last edited by Molon Labe on Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:51 pm; edited 3 times in total
Molon Labe
Molon Labe
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:42 pm

LooseGoose wrote:

You mean like the "logic" when the leftists used false science to ban DDT resulting in the deaths of MILLIONS all over the world from malaria? Those are essentially the same people that want to ban guns. Let's see you campaign to legalize DDT if you're serious about saving lives.

Yes, that's exactly what I was referring to. Guns don't kill people; malaria does.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:52 pm

Look at this video. If all these people in the park had guns, they could have shot and killed this driver way before the truck stopped him.

http://fox13now.com/2014/05/31/video-car-fleeing-from-police-goes-through-park-nearly-hits-children/
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:37 am

I believe only jackbooted thugs who wear fatigues and throw grenades through windows to put babies in comas over plant alkaloids should be allowed to carry firearms.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4