Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does anybody still use traditional travel agents?

+10
MiamiSpartan
Robert J Sakimano
NigelUno
tanfan!
Nordic
GRR Spartan
tGreenWay
Other Teams Pursuing That
xsanguine
Frank Ricard
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Does anybody still use traditional travel agents? - Page 2 Empty Re: Does anybody still use traditional travel agents?

Post by Nordic 2017-01-12, 15:30

Clarett's Folly wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I'm going to flex during this turn honey, be sure to snap the pic at that exact moment.

Lol, Nordy was stuck in a car all day doing the Clark Griswold bit. Gotta work in the isometrics, bruh.

Reverse neg bi pull on the steering wheel with some tri flexion brah
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Does anybody still use traditional travel agents? - Page 2 Empty Re: Does anybody still use traditional travel agents?

Post by Nordic 2017-01-12, 15:34

Frank Ricard wrote:

A buddy of mine took his wife for their 25th anniversary to England.  He drove. Said she was damn near in tears every time they had to drive around.  So I was thinking I'd save myself the hassle.

So I go to my doctor's today for a check up.  His family came from the Salzburg area and still goes back there as often as he can.  His old man and Uncle were actually Nazis - his Uncle till the day he died had a picture of Hitler in their house.  tongue

So while he was probing around in various orifices, we were making small talk about traveling and I told him I didn't want to drive when I go there.  He said what you said - it's not bad in the area where I'm going.  

Driving actually would solve the small but important details of how to get from one spot to another whenever I want.

He said what you've been saying.  Driving on the continent isn't that bad at all and after seeing your pics, I probably will go that route.  

Great pics!  If I can ever figure how to post pictures here, I'll post a few here after we get back.

England is a bitch just because the roads are so fucking narrow. So don't let that deter you. Their shoulders are called 90 degree curbs and they just don't GAF.  France and Holland are not much different than here, especially the highways.  I've been to Germany and driven in a car in Germany, but never drove myself. Didn't look all that different though. German's are engineers fergodsakes. Get a GPS and you are good to go.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-01-12, 15:44

Nordic wrote:Some Euro driving pics.

London.  Let's roll kids...

Does anybody still use traditional travel agents? - Page 2 20160837
Does anybody still use traditional travel agents? - Page 2 Img_3110
Does anybody still use traditional travel agents? - Page 2 20160835
Does anybody still use traditional travel agents? - Page 2 20160834

You basically play a game of chicken on the backroads of England...

Does anybody still use traditional travel agents? - Page 2 20160824
Does anybody still use traditional travel agents? - Page 2 20160829
Does anybody still use traditional travel agents? - Page 2 20160831
Does anybody still use traditional travel agents? - Page 2 20160836

Paris...

Does anybody still use traditional travel agents? - Page 2 20160826
Does anybody still use traditional travel agents? - Page 2 20160838
Does anybody still use traditional travel agents? - Page 2 Img_7510
Does anybody still use traditional travel agents? - Page 2 20160825
Does anybody still use traditional travel agents? - Page 2 Img_3611

It's a clusterfuck, you just gotta want it...

Does anybody still use traditional travel agents? - Page 2 20160828
Does anybody still use traditional travel agents? - Page 2 20160830

Amsterdam/Holland. Need a good spotter...

Does anybody still use traditional travel agents? - Page 2 20160832
Does anybody still use traditional travel agents? - Page 2 20160833

Great pics, but the bill of your hat is way too curved. Were you in a frat, bro? Does anybody still use traditional travel agents? - Page 2 328670334
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2017-01-12, 16:57

Frank Ricard wrote:We're in the beginning stages on what we want to see to our first trip to Europe. I've tried just getting the concepts down on where we want to go, where we want to stay and visit. I tried just booking flights online coupled with hotels, but there's so much more we want to do that it just seems quite a bit complicated than booking a flight and hotel when trying to figure out everything, especially since I've never gone overseas before.

Anyone ever been on that River Cruise on the Danube? We might incorporate that into our trip, but we also want to do more than that.

I used one for our trip to Australia. I tried to do it on my own, but given it was complicated with all the flights and activities we wanted to do, a travel agent was our best bet. For what I roughly budgeted for the trip was the same price as what the travel agent gave to me. You aren't paying a separate travel agent fee in the process. They make their money through some specific tours/hotels they pick. They just asked what we wanted to do, rough price range of hotels we expect to stay at, and she gave me an itinerary and quote within 24 hours. So worth it, and she did a great job. Sure there are some things I would change, but I wouldn't have known that before experiencing anything anyway.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2017-01-12, 17:46

tGreenWay wrote:
xsanguine wrote:Amsterdam would be the city I would choose to rent a car and drive in and then leave from in said car. I would strongly advise not driving in Paris. Italy is fun to drive in.

Does anybody still use traditional travel agents? - Page 2 502811600 I'm pretty fearless driving in big cities but there's no fucking way I'd get behind the wheel in Amsterdam. So many curved streets merging, trams and bikes everywhere. I'll pass.

The bikes, shit! Good point, greenway. I'd wait till I'm leaving Amsterdam. No need to drive that town anyways, being so small.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Ricard 2017-01-12, 18:49

Dendrobates wrote:
Frank Ricard wrote:We're in the beginning stages on what we want to see to our first trip to Europe. I've tried just getting the concepts down on where we want to go, where we want to stay and visit. I tried just booking flights online coupled with hotels, but there's so much more we want to do that it just seems quite a bit complicated than booking a flight and hotel when trying to figure out everything, especially since I've never gone overseas before.

Anyone ever been on that River Cruise on the Danube? We might incorporate that into our trip, but we also want to do more than that.

I used one for our trip to Australia. I tried to do it on my own, but given it was complicated with all the flights and activities we wanted to do, a travel agent was our best bet. For what I roughly budgeted for the trip was the same price as what the travel agent gave to me. You aren't paying a separate travel agent fee in the process. They make their money through some specific tours/hotels they pick. They just asked what we wanted to do, rough price range of hotels we expect to stay at, and she gave me an itinerary and quote within 24 hours. So worth it, and she did a great job. Sure there are some things I would change, but I wouldn't have known that before experiencing anything anyway.

I remember you telling me that you were using a TA. I never considered one until I wanted to do a side excursion on top on this River Cruise thing.
Frank Ricard
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2017-01-12, 18:55

Frank Ricard wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:

I remember you telling me that you were using a TA. I never considered one until I wanted to do a side excursion on top on this River Cruise thing.

Do it. The other cool thing was stuff that the TA picked for us, was with "higher end tours/companies". Meaning, when we saw other tours/companies, they weren't as nice , or didn't include all the side extra things that were worth it. I wouldn't have known that booking it on my own. But seeing what else was out there, I realized our TA picked the right ones with best packaged deals.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2