Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Don't know why I can't figure this out. Help me out.

+12
Vlad
Heat Miser
NigelUno
Da Mayor
AnomanderRake
WhiteBoyHatcher
P Rob
Clarett's Folly
Turtleneck
Watch Out Pylon!
TheReal_LWS
DWags
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Don't know why I can't figure this out.  Help me out.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Don't know why I can't figure this out. Help me out.

Post by InTenSity Fri 13 Jan 2017 - 15:56

If its a tax write off, you might have to also figure out that portion of it. So he may not be out anything at all. Not only that, but why would he assume that the person spending the $100 is the thief?
So, if he claims the $100 as stolen, then someone comes in and buys $70 worth of whatever and the change for $30...well I guess this would open up a lot of places to fraud, but he might end up in the positive.

-$100
Claim $100
=0
Sold $70 - +$35
-$30.
So maybe he gained $5.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Don't know why I can't figure this out.  Help me out.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Don't know why I can't figure this out. Help me out.

Post by AnomanderRake Fri 13 Jan 2017 - 20:19

InTenSity wrote:If its a tax write off, you might have to also figure out that portion of it. So he may not be out anything at all. Not only that, but why would he assume that the person spending the $100 is the thief?
So, if he claims the $100 as stolen, then someone comes in and buys $70 worth of whatever and the change for $30...well I guess this would open up a lot of places to fraud, but he might end up in the positive.

-$100
Claim $100
=0
Sold $70 - +$35
-$30.
So maybe he gained $5.

Inventory discrepancies can be written off via shrinkage but you generally need an established trend in order to do so. In this case no inventory was stolen, just cash.

Cash theft losses are basically impossible to write off without a police report or some form of evidence. If you had video of the guy stealing the $100 and filed a police report, yea you could write it off.
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Fri 13 Jan 2017 - 20:20

InTenSity wrote:If its a tax write off, you might have to also figure out that portion of it. So he may not be out anything at all. Not only that, but why would he assume that the person spending the $100 is the thief?

-$100
Claim $100
=0
Sold $70 - +$35
-$30.
So maybe he gained $5.

This is a good point, though $100 would fall below his insurance deductible, so no claim there.

His net book loss is $100 minus his marginal tax rate on $100.
His net actual loss is $30 + COGS - ($100 minus his marginal tax rate on $100).
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Fri 13 Jan 2017 - 22:08

Don't know why I can't figure this out.  Help me out.  - Page 2 Giphy
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad Sat 14 Jan 2017 - 3:16

Surprised he didn't just rob the place. Then he could buy groceries from the store for like a year.
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2