Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Superbowl Squares - Who likes helping out the poor and misfortunate of the world? This is such a charitable notion.

+14
SeeRockCity
CORNER BLITZ
WCSparty
pulling69
InTenSity
WhiteBoyHatcher
Dendrobates
Jake from State Farm
DWags
Other Teams Pursuing That
Nordic
The Pantry
Death Roe
MattyFresh
18 posters

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Superbowl Squares - Who likes helping out the poor and misfortunate of the world? This is such a charitable notion. Empty Superbowl Squares - Who likes helping out the poor and misfortunate of the world? This is such a charitable notion.

Post by MattyFresh 2017-01-25, 12:54

Superbowl Squares - Who likes helping out the poor and misfortunate of the world? This is such a charitable notion. 1652303107 Superbowl Squares - Who likes helping out the poor and misfortunate of the world? This is such a charitable notion. 1652303107
From the Swill Square Bank comes the words of Loose Goose:
"swillcash@gmail.com - we've used that with no problems for other adventures here. 10 per square and remember to do 2 things when you send your  Superbowl Squares - Who likes helping out the poor and misfortunate of the world? This is such a charitable notion. 1652303107 "gift" it so there are no paypal fees and put your username somewhere on it so I know who's paid. As I receive each payment I'll confirm it in this thread for Matty.

One last minor glitch - on the payouts - there will be Paypal fees unless I can pass the Superbowl Squares - Who likes helping out the poor and misfortunate of the world? This is such a charitable notion. 1652303107 on without incurring fees. I think there is a way to do that or I can withdraw the $$ with my handy PP debit card and send you a money order. Your choice. IF anyone gets the nerves about the Superbowl Squares - Who likes helping out the poor and misfortunate of the world? This is such a charitable notion. 1652303107 PM me here at any time and I'll screen shot you a PP page showing the cash balance. I have $2.80 in residue sitting there now."

1st Q-10%
2nd Q-15%
3rd Q-25%
Final-50%

For those unfamiliar with squares look it up.

minimum 20 Superbowl Squares - Who likes helping out the poor and misfortunate of the world? This is such a charitable notion. 1652303107 buy-in, possibly 10 Superbowl Squares - Who likes helping out the poor and misfortunate of the world? This is such a charitable notion. 1652303107  a square (not finite)

PersonIN5 a sq.
Matty Fresh5010
Dendrobates5010
Dwags306
Death Roe 6012
Nordic408
gHost306
Goose5010
Pantry408
pulling69306
JakeFSF204
InTenSity306
WC Sparty5010
TOTALS48096
Spots Remaining?x4

Last edited by MattyFresh on 2017-02-03, 18:09; edited 27 times in total
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Superbowl Squares - Who likes helping out the poor and misfortunate of the world? This is such a charitable notion. Empty Re: Superbowl Squares - Who likes helping out the poor and misfortunate of the world? This is such a charitable notion.

Post by Death Roe 2017-01-25, 19:08

yes
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Superbowl Squares - Who likes helping out the poor and misfortunate of the world? This is such a charitable notion. Empty Re: Superbowl Squares - Who likes helping out the poor and misfortunate of the world? This is such a charitable notion.

Post by The Pantry 2017-01-25, 19:23

Last edited by The Pantry on 2017-01-27, 17:59; edited 1 time in total
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-01-25, 19:24

The Pantry wrote:Depends on who holds the cash.

you tell me lol
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-01-25, 19:26

I was just trying to gauge interest in general and then if anyone wanted to spearhead it or I can, or if its something the board has done...?
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-01-25, 19:47

Someone with a PP account ideally could be in charge of the monies.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2017-01-25, 19:48

In if serious. WBH is a solid banker. Could be a pain in the ass though.

WBH for tSwill Treasurer
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-01-25, 19:49

I have a PP account and could just hold the money.

I suck ass at tallying up the squares and who won what, so someone would have to spearhead that.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-01-25, 19:50

gHost Spartan wrote:
Nordic wrote:In if serious. WBH is a solid banker. Could be a pain in the ass though.

WBH for tSwill Treasurer
I second this - WBH has handled Swill-related activity funds in the past and did a swell job.

Thirded.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-01-25, 19:51

How much?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-01-25, 19:52

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:How much?

believe we're just setting this up but its up for debate. I have PP and if WBH is good with everyone then its good for me.
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-01-25, 19:53

I've been in several NCAA tourney ones where it's $50 a square. Maybe we dial it down quite a bit so people can buy in more squares since the board is small.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-01-25, 19:54

I was thinking 5-10 a square unless people are feeling ballerish. Payouts for the winners vary depending on your setup, but usually the 1st through 3rd quarter get about 20% of the pot each, and the final score would get the remaining 40%.
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2017-01-25, 19:56

Cost per square TBD and dependent on how much money is collected before kick. $20 min per person. Divide however much fundage by 100 to come up with a per square amount.

Thanks for spearheading this WBH!
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-01-25, 19:57

Nordic wrote:

Cost per square TBD and dependent on how much money is collected before kick. $20 min per person. Divide however much fundage by 100 to come up with a per square amount.

Thanks for spearheading this WBH!

WBH is solid a spearheader
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-01-25, 19:58

100 squares, 10 bucks a square could work. Minimum $20 buy-in

1st quarter - 10%
2nd quarter - 15%
3rd quarter - 25%
Final score - 50%

Just an idea.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-01-25, 20:00

Death Roe wrote:100 squares, 10 bucks a square could work.

1st quarter - 10%
2nd quarter - 15%
3rd quarter - 25%
Final score - 50%

Just an idea.

yeah sorry forgot about half time lmao. Good call.
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2017-01-25, 20:00

http://www.printofficepools.com/index.htm#.WIlJ_ctOnqA
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-01-25, 20:01

1st quarter winner gets 100
2nd quarter winner gets 150
3rd quarter winner gets 250
4th quarter winner gets 500

Just double those if we do $20/square, then the minimum buy-in becomes $40 at the very least.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-01-25, 20:02

Death Roe wrote:1st quarter winner gets 100
2nd quarter winner gets 150
3rd quarter winner gets 250
4th quarter winner gets 500

Just double those if we do $20/square, then the minimum buy-in becomes $40 at the very least.

how are we determining who gets what square?
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-01-25, 20:03

Would have to just do random drawings per square. Get a list of people who bought in, put all the names in a hat (100 entries, 100 pieces of paper in a hat) and just start with one square and work your way up or down.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-01-25, 20:05

Death Roe wrote:Would have to just do random drawings per square. Get a list of people who bought in, put all the names in a hat (100 entries, 100 pieces of paper in a hat) and just start with one square and work your way up or down.

Thats what we did when I was tending the Bah's back in the day. But everyone was at the bar as I drew the tickets out of the hat lmao
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-01-25, 20:06

I could do the drawing via Skype and stream it. Just not show my face for the Moose-type of people out there.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-01-25, 20:06

Death Roe wrote:I could do the drawing via Skype and stream it. Just not show my face for the Moose-type of people out there.
hahahaha k, wear a Guy Fawkes mask please
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-01-25, 20:08

We need to see who would be in.

If we agree on $10/square with a minimum $20 buy-in, then I'm good for 5 squares.

Death Roe - 5 squares
OTPT - in
Nordic - in
Matty - 5 squares minimum
gHost - in
Goose - in
Pantry - possibly in, picky on who holds cash
WBH - let's face it, he's probably in
Strangelove - maybe?

Last edited by Death Roe on 2017-01-25, 20:12; edited 1 time in total
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-01-25, 20:09

Do we need to allow for PP fees? If not then people sending the $$ have to "gift" it so the fees are taken out of them.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-01-25, 20:10

LooseGoose wrote:Do we need to allow for PP fees?   If not then people sending the $$ have to "gift" it so the fees are taken out of them.
Yeah we do the fee-less route, these are gifts
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-01-25, 20:11

LooseGoose wrote:Do we need to allow for PP fees? If not then people sending the $$ have to "gift" it so the fees are taken out of them.

Ah, good call. Forgot about that.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-01-25, 20:11

I'll buy 5 squares at least 5-10 bucks
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-01-25, 20:12

Death Roe wrote:I could do the drawing via Skype and stream it. Just not show my face for the Moose-type of people out there.

Or another easy way is a blind draft. Label the board 0-9 and A-J.....and take turns drafting squares based without knowing numbers assigned to squares.

I don't care how as long as it's on the up and up.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-01-25, 20:13

Use playing cards is how we always did it
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-01-25, 20:14

Death Roe - 5 squares
OTPT - in
Nordic - in
Matty - 5 squares minimum
gHost - in
Goose - in
Pantry - possibly in, picky on who holds cash
WBH - let's face it, he's probably in
Strangelove - maybe?

i'll put this at the top
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2017-01-25, 20:26

Last edited by The Pantry on 2017-01-27, 17:59; edited 1 time in total
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-01-25, 20:30

In
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-01-25, 20:32

DWags wrote:In
added
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2017-01-25, 20:37

put me in
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-01-25, 20:38

Jake from State Farm wrote:put me in

badabing
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-01-25, 20:39

We're all good with $20 minimum right? good
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2017-01-25, 20:43

MattyFresh wrote:We're all good with $20 minimum right? good

sounds good to me
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next