Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Rant about something meaningless here Thread

+21
Senior Dickfist
CheesySpartan
MattyFresh
I.B. Fine
kingstonlake
Frank Ricard
Robert J Sakimano
P Rob
WhiteBoyHatcher
MSU addict
Cameron
InTenSity
tGreenWay
FupaTuba
The Pantry
Floyd Robertson
Watch Out Pylon!
Death Roe
DWags
Other Teams Pursuing That
Nordic
25 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Official Rant about something meaningless here Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Official Rant about something meaningless here Thread

Post by The Pantry Mon 30 Jan 2017 - 19:41

tGreenWay wrote:
The Pantry wrote:I know. Don't patronize me.

I apologize for my Captain Obvious moment. Uh oh, my balls rolled over to your side. Be a peach and bend over to pick them up.
Sorry, you're on your own. Can barely pick up my old balls.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Official Rant about something meaningless here Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Official Rant about something meaningless here Thread

Post by tGreenWay Mon 30 Jan 2017 - 20:36

The Pantry wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

I apologize for my Captain Obvious moment. Uh oh, my balls rolled over to your side. Be a peach and bend over to pick them up.
Sorry, you're on your own. Can barely pick up my old balls.

Try not to step on them.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Mon 30 Jan 2017 - 20:44

Did we ever have a thread on what tv to buy? I thought we did, bit can't find it.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Mon 30 Jan 2017 - 20:49

gHost Spartan wrote:I texted my wife:

Chicken burrito bowl no rice extra pinto beans pico guac

What did I get?

Chicken burrito bowl with white rice, pinto, pico, guac and lettuce

Official Rant about something meaningless here Thread - Page 2 1431518612

That's pretty close. Not rant-worthy.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Mon 30 Jan 2017 - 23:06

What did I get?

Taco Bell's power bowls are excellent. A damn shame they don't offer the green sauce any more.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue 31 Jan 2017 - 0:46

The Pantry wrote:

What did I get?

Taco Bell's power bowls are excellent. A damn shame they don't offer the green sauce any more.

It's criminal!
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict Tue 31 Jan 2017 - 10:54

Nordic wrote:
Yeah I did.

Apparently he stuck around and the wife got home. He switched out the router.

I win!!!!
Wait a minute, you rent a router from Comcast and you have a home phone line?

I am beginning to understand why you never smile.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Wed 1 Feb 2017 - 10:25

My son can not fucking keep track of his socks. Every morning when we are getting ready for work/school, the little fucker either forgets his socks upstairs and comes down without them. Or conversely when I remind him 18x like I did this morning to not forget his socks, he brings them down without putting them on, then loses them before it's time to put shoes/boots on and leave. This morning he makes his way into the kitchen and eats breakfast, does his other dilly-dallying and it's time to go. Where are your socks? Blank stare. We check the 3 places he has sat since coming down. I know I had them when I got downstairs. I check all 3 places again. Finally out of frustration I go back upstairs and grab another pair of socks and fire them at him. He is putting the new socks and boots on when he finds the original pair in the pocket of his fucking hoodie.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 1 Feb 2017 - 10:31

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:My son can not fucking keep track of his socks. Every morning when we are getting ready for work/school, the little fucker either forgets his socks upstairs and comes down without them. Or conversely when I remind him 18x like I did this morning to not forget his socks, he brings them down without putting them on, then loses them before it's time to put shoes/boots on and leave. This morning he makes his way into the kitchen and eats breakfast, does his other dilly-dallying and it's time to go. Where are your socks? Blank stare. We check the 3 places he has sat since coming down. I know I had them when I got downstairs. I check all 3 places again. Finally out of frustration I go back upstairs and grab another pair of socks and fire them at him. He is putting the new socks and boots on when he finds the original pair in the pocket of his fucking hoodie.

God damn you're rough on the little shaver.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by P Rob Wed 1 Feb 2017 - 10:37

I poop too much.

P Rob
P Rob
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed 1 Feb 2017 - 11:24

There are people in this world who actually go about their days, freely using their smart phones, without the aid of any type of protective cover. Meanwhile, I have to buy military grade titaniumnyloplastic or whatever the latest waterproof protective jacket is made of because I can't hold onto my fucking phone for even one goddamn minute without fumbling it into the street or a mud puddle. Official Rant about something meaningless here Thread - Page 2 1896033241
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 1 Feb 2017 - 11:26

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:My son can not fucking keep track of his socks. Every morning when we are getting ready for work/school, the little fucker either forgets his socks upstairs and comes down without them. Or conversely when I remind him 18x like I did this morning to not forget his socks, he brings them down without putting them on, then loses them before it's time to put shoes/boots on and leave. This morning he makes his way into the kitchen and eats breakfast, does his other dilly-dallying and it's time to go. Where are your socks? Blank stare. We check the 3 places he has sat since coming down. I know I had them when I got downstairs. I check all 3 places again. Finally out of frustration I go back upstairs and grab another pair of socks and fire them at him. He is putting the new socks and boots on when he finds the original pair in the pocket of his fucking hoodie.
when my daughter was little, I set the snark standard early:

her: "dad have you seen my shoes".
me: "nope - you know why"?
her: "why"?
me: "because they're not my shoes".

I got an obscene amount of pleasure out of watching her stomp away.. Official Rant about something meaningless here Thread - Page 2 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed 1 Feb 2017 - 11:28

Your kid wants to go barefoot. Congratulations, you're raising a hippie.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed 1 Feb 2017 - 11:30

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
when my daughter was little, I set the snark standard early:

I got an obscene amount of pleasure out of watching her stomp away.. Official Rant about something meaningless here Thread - Page 2 502811600

Would've been more effective and dramatic stomping if she'd had her shoes on, but, you know, then your conversation with her about shoes would've been pointless.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed 1 Feb 2017 - 11:31

I can't believe my earlier rant about phone books and yellow pages failed to draw a single comment.

I suppose you all look forward to the day these modern-day door-stops are unceremoniously dumped on your doorstep.

Official Rant about something meaningless here Thread - Page 2 Jerk-1979-the-new-phone-books-are-here-navin-r-johnson-im-somebody-steve-martin-review
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 1 Feb 2017 - 11:33

tGreenWay wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:when my daughter was little, I set the snark standard early:

Would've been more effective and dramatic stomping if she'd had her shoes on, but, you know, then your conversation with her about shoes would've been pointless.
Official Rant about something meaningless here Thread - Page 2 969504605
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed 1 Feb 2017 - 12:12

Floyd Robertson wrote:I can't believe my earlier rant about phone books and yellow pages failed to draw a single comment.

I suppose you all look forward to the day these modern-day door-stops are unceremoniously dumped on your doorstep.

Official Rant about something meaningless here Thread - Page 2 Jerk-1979-the-new-phone-books-are-here-navin-r-johnson-im-somebody-steve-martin-review

Sorry. It's not as big a deal around here anymore because I can just toss the thing in the recycling. It was a bigger PITA when they'd only have a recycling pickup for a week each summer, and you had to drive somewhere to drop it off. But if you want me to be a little more upset, then I can put on my annoyed face for the rest of the day.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Ricard Wed 1 Feb 2017 - 12:14

"dilly-dallying". You might be my dad reincarnated. His favorite word.
Frank Ricard
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Wed 1 Feb 2017 - 12:27

Frank Ricard wrote:

"dilly-dallying". You might be my dad reincarnated. His favorite word.
My dad's term was "quit farting around"
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed 1 Feb 2017 - 12:55

tGreenWay wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:I can't believe my earlier rant about phone books and yellow pages failed to draw a single comment.

Sorry. It's not as big a deal around here anymore because I can just toss the thing in the recycling. It was a bigger PITA when they'd only have a recycling pickup for a week each summer, and you had to drive somewhere to drop it off. But if you want me to be a little more upset, then I can put on my annoyed face for the rest of the day.  

Must be nice to have curbside recycling.  In 2013 I moved from one municipality  to another bordering burb. No sooner do I move than my old city adopts curbside pickup. Of course, the new one still does not.

Still, while I'm not exactly a tree-hugger, it seems pointless to waste good paper by turning it into recycled paper.  Make people opt-in to phone books and yellow pages and charge them $9.99 a year.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed 1 Feb 2017 - 13:21

Floyd Robertson wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Must be nice to have curbside recycling.  In 2013 I moved from one municipality  to another bordering burb. No sooner do I move than my old city adopts curbside pickup. Of course, the new one still does not.

Still, while I'm not exactly a tree-hugger, it seems pointless to waste good paper by turning it into recycled paper.  Make people opt-in to phone books and yellow pages and charge them $9.99 a year.

Charging for it seems like a good idea to me. Of course, old-timers will bitch about how it used to be free, but we all find a way to bitch about something or other.
I was so pleased when EL went to the extra large recycling containers. It boggles the mind how much recyclable stuff used to go to landfills. They only pick up 2/month, and my container is almost always full. More so now, because we get Blue Apron and my wife just discovered the joys of Amazon Prime.
They still don't accept plastic bags, which bums me out. I still have to drive to MSU to drop those off. It's a quick drive, but that's one more errand to run every month. Tiny problems, I guess.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Thu 2 Feb 2017 - 7:50

tGreenWay wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

Charging for it seems like a good idea to me. Of course, old-timers will bitch about how it used to be free, but we all find a way to bitch about something or other.
I was so pleased when EL went to the extra large recycling containers. It boggles the mind how much recyclable stuff used to go to landfills. They only pick up 2/month, and my container is almost always full. More so now, because we get Blue Apron and my wife just discovered the joys of Amazon Prime.
They still don't accept plastic bags, which bums me out. I still have to drive to MSU to drop those off. It's a quick drive, but that's one more errand to run every month. Tiny problems, I guess.

You're wife has been pretty active with these Blue Apron reviews she's been writing.

Official Rant about something meaningless here Thread - Page 2 Apron10
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 2 Feb 2017 - 7:56

tGreenWay wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

yeah, the big rollable recycling bins are nice. We fill ours up over the course of the two weeks.. and we probably only use the trash pick-up once per month.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Thu 2 Feb 2017 - 8:01

One of the greatest movie of all time
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu 2 Feb 2017 - 14:25

Denver was a fucking ice rink today. Slipped and ate total shit landing on my back. My lower back is fucked right now. Fuck.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu 2 Feb 2017 - 15:35

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Denver was a fucking ice rink today. Slipped and ate total shit landing on my back. My lower back is fucked right now. Fuck.

Aspercreme Lidocaine back patches are your friend. Or the gel lotion, which you can get in a Walgreens generic for a couple bucks less.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine Thu 2 Feb 2017 - 15:43

tGreenWay wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Denver was a fucking ice rink today. Slipped and ate total shit landing on my back. My lower back is fucked right now. Fuck.

Aspercreme Lidocaine back patches are your friend. Or the gel lotion, which you can get in a Walgreens generic for a couple bucks less.
..or a handful of those gummy bear edibles. drunken
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu 2 Feb 2017 - 15:47

I.B. Fine wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Duh, that goes without saying, so I didn't. Official Rant about something meaningless here Thread - Page 2 55953254
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Thu 2 Feb 2017 - 16:48

There are a shitload of idiots in this country. How do we get rid of them?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu 2 Feb 2017 - 17:22

tGreenWay wrote:
I.B. Fine wrote:

Duh, that goes without saying, so I didn't. Official Rant about something meaningless here Thread - Page 2 55953254

My shit luck continues I'm on my way back to stubborn MI for the weekend. Fuck this would have been perfect IB
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Thu 2 Feb 2017 - 19:28

Noted.

Still have not caught the fucker that's been throwing an unsubscribed newspaper at the end of my driveway early every Saturday morning for years.

WBH lives around the corner. Keep forgetting to ask if the worthless rag gets dumped at the end of his driveway too.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh Sat 11 Feb 2017 - 10:21

I can't find my damn apple tv remote. There is no other way to turn on my apple tv. I have the app but that doesn't work when the shits off. Why doesn't the fukkin box have buttons on top of it. This is complete bull shit, did the remote grow some damn legs and run away? Ugh this has ruined my morning.
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sat 11 Feb 2017 - 10:27

MattyFresh wrote:I can't find my damn apple tv remote. There is no other way to turn on my apple tv. I have the app but that doesn't work when the shits off. Why doesn't the fukkin box have buttons on top of it. This is complete bull shit, did the remote grow some damn legs and run away? Ugh this has ruined my morning.

Was a huge problem in my college house. Why do remotes not have a 'call' button like wireless landline phones use to?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh Sat 11 Feb 2017 - 10:32

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
MattyFresh wrote:I can't find my damn apple tv remote. There is no other way to turn on my apple tv. I have the app but that doesn't work when the shits off. Why doesn't the fukkin box have buttons on top of it. This is complete bull shit, did the remote grow some damn legs and run away? Ugh this has ruined my morning.

Was a huge problem in my college house. Why do remotes not have a 'call' button like wireless landline phones use to?

It actually wouldn't be to hard to have like a ping button on apple tv box that would make the remote make some damn noise.  Or like the find my iphone/ipad find my damn remote. I am going full Mr. Mom minus the kids and cleaning my whole house.
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Sat 11 Feb 2017 - 17:30

One of my incandescent bulbs just blew and I'm running out of spares. I hate America.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 11 Feb 2017 - 17:51

Floyd Robertson wrote:One of my incandescent bulbs just blew and I'm running out of spares. I hate America.

We have cases here in the bunker.

Thank me tomorrow..... "60 Watt Incandescent Light Bulbs"

Official Rant about something meaningless here Thread - Page 2 114537_53d003250bad9_original

$0.41 ea.
Sold only by the 2 Pack for $0.82
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Sat 11 Feb 2017 - 17:56

LooseGoose wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:One of my incandescent bulbs just blew and I'm running out of spares. I hate America.

We have cases here in the bunker.

Thank me tomorrow..... "60 Watt Incandescent Light Bulbs"

Official Rant about something meaningless here Thread - Page 2 114537_53d003250bad9_original

$0.41 ea.
Sold only by the 2 Pack for $0.82

Great site, Imma order me some sweet 3-way bulbs tomorrow. I owe you one.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh Fri 21 Apr 2017 - 12:55

TLDR

I can't stand comcast bunch of ass nuggets. In October of last year I was pissed that they were going to be imposing there data cap on my internet usage. Just a few months before that I made the move of cutting the cable cord and was enjoying saving about a hundo a month and now they were telling me basically I can't stream shit otherwise they will start charging me like $25 for each additional 100gb or some shit (I can't remember the exact number). Anyway they say that they are giving you a few months to adjust and you won't be liable for overages if you do go over for a couple months. Two months passes and I use up the data cap for each and seeing that my usage was as high as I expected I call and they ask what can they do, they say they are offering for an additional $50 a month an unlimited data option and seeing I have no other option really I sign up right there. They tell me that it would reflect on my bill and I say cool, I use automatic payment to save a few bucks and will just expect that to be a little extra duh. Fast forward to March 11th, I see my bank account has had $450+ withdrawn by Comcast and I am pissed to see my bill now has me being charged for additional data usage, I have the fuggin unlimited option! I call and bitch and bitch to a couple people and I am put on hold for hours on end. Eventually I get a person who says that they will now add the unlimited option and that my account didn't have that option ever added. They also say that they will credit my account the 450 and she says I won't get charged for a few months because obviously the credit from the charge will pay my bill. April 11th I see a comcast fuggin charge for 320 gotdamn dollars and I call and the first lady says that it was never added last month and that they wouldn't be able to credit the 450 or the 320??!?!?!?!?! I say to her so I am telling you I called in December and was told the unlimited package but you're saying since your employee didn't enter it into your system that I am liable for your fuck up and I am out about 800 bucks, she says "yes thats correct" I about had an aneurysm yesterday talking to this wench and she tells me I needed to calm down or she will hang up!!!! I say give me to your supervisor now, I talk to this women who brings me down back from level 8 anger to about a 3 and she says she can go back and listen to my conversations from December, so I am on hold for about an hour total as shes listening, she gets back on and is apologizing and everything and says that the 800 will be credited and she will make the adjustments in real time so I can see it on my bill and also says she will be sending me an email with a $50 visa gift code for all the inconveniences I have gone through the past few months. Got my bill credited, and I am looking to buy something on Amazon for about 50 bucks. Still fuk u comcast
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan Fri 21 Apr 2017 - 13:11

Wow that sucks. On the bright side we have that thread about things on Amazon for under $50.
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Fri 21 Apr 2017 - 13:20

CheesySpartan wrote:Wow that sucks. On the bright side we have that thread about things on Amazon for under $50.

Official Rant about something meaningless here Thread - Page 2 502811600

Matty's experience is exactly what I fear in cutting the cord.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next