Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trump's travel ban lifted by Washington judge

+7
Blanch32
Other Teams Pursuing That
xsanguine
Watch Out Pylon!
NigelUno
InTenSity
Herbie Green
11 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Trump's travel ban lifted by Washington judge - Page 3 Empty Re: Trump's travel ban lifted by Washington judge

Post by Herbie Green 2017-02-12, 21:14

xsanguine wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

I am too paranoid to talk about it. But I went to about 30 Dead shows and spent many summer days playing frisbee and canoeing

I like psychedelics, too.

Did you find that time you spent enjoying and exploring those activities enjoyable? Hindering in some way?

It was extremely enjoyable. I was traveling my mind, my youth, the outdoors, the united states.

It might have been hindering in that it turned my viewpoint of "real life" into a joke. Or maybe it was really enlightening - but that can become depressing when trying to acclimate into corporate America.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Trump's travel ban lifted by Washington judge - Page 3 Empty Re: Trump's travel ban lifted by Washington judge

Post by DWags 2017-02-12, 21:17

Pre Len Bias days in college acid mescaline coke, hash, weed, pretty much everything was available. College kids are always going to be curious. I'm still not sure it's ever smart talking about this shit if you're still in the workforce working for the man. Even if it's a screen name you use. JMO. Old guy being fatherly.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2017-02-12, 21:26

DWags wrote:Pre Len Bias days in college acid mescaline coke, hash, weed, pretty much everything was available. College kids are always going to be curious. I'm still not sure it's ever smart talking about this shit if you're still in the workforce working for the man. Even if it's a screen name you use. JMO. Old guy being fatherly.

Meh. Maybe some company goes deep looking into employees/prospective employees online activities and will fire or not hire someone on that basis. But I wouldn't wanna work for anyone who digs that deep into my personal life anyway. If I post it on facebook, that's one thing, I expect that to come back to me. But if someone is digging to find out who is the real Herbie Green or whatever, fuck working for or with that entity.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2017-02-12, 21:31

Herbie Green wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

I like psychedelics, too.

Did you find that time you spent enjoying and exploring those activities enjoyable? Hindering in some way?

It was extremely enjoyable. I was traveling my mind, my youth, the outdoors, the united states.

It might have been hindering in that it turned my viewpoint of "real life" into a joke. Or maybe it was really enlightening - but that can become depressing when trying to acclimate into corporate America.

Do you feel it was a positive?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-02-12, 21:36

I'm with Herbie in regards to that shit helped make me realize what a joke "real life" and the things people have to put up with are. But we have to pay the bills .....
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-02-12, 21:41

Cameron wrote:
DWags wrote:Pre Len Bias days in college acid mescaline coke, hash, weed, pretty much everything was available. College kids are always going to be curious. I'm still not sure it's ever smart talking about this shit if you're still in the workforce working for the man. Even if it's a screen name you use. JMO. Old guy being fatherly.

Meh. Maybe some company goes deep looking into employees/prospective employees online activities and will fire or not hire someone on that basis. But I wouldn't wanna work for anyone who digs that deep into my personal life anyway. If I post it on facebook, that's one thing, I expect that to come back to me. But if someone is digging to find out who is the real Herbie Green or whatever, fuck working for or with that entity.

It's a healthy attitude, but the reality still remains. It gets tighter if you have a family, but it's a healthy attitude.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2017-02-12, 21:41

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I'm with Herbie in regards to that shit helped make me realize what a joke "real life" and the things people have to put up with are. But we have to pay the bills .....

I think you can do both.

Seeing the wizard behind the curtain certainly might seem depressing at first but you could almost look at it as a life hack.

I think it's important to experience that disconnect from time to time. Xsanguine M.D. believes once every three months to clear the cobwebs out. When you can see the game for what it is, it opens you up to finding the shortcuts to make it as enjoyable for you as you can.

I think those that are actually prescribed psilocybin in a clinical setting get it once a month, if I remember what I read correctly. Once every three months should keep a regular person on target.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-02-12, 21:44

Dammit. I told you I was paranoid. Moderators please delete
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-02-12, 21:54

xsanguine wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I'm with Herbie in regards to that shit helped make me realize what a joke "real life" and the things people have to put up with are. But we have to pay the bills .....

I think you can do both.

Seeing the wizard behind the curtain certainly might seem depressing at first but you could almost look at it as a life hack.

I think it's important to experience that disconnect from time to time. Xsanguine M.D. believes once every three months to clear the cobwebs out. When you can see the game for what it is, it opens you up to finding the shortcuts to make it as enjoyable for you as you can.

I think those that are actually prescribed psilocybin in a clinical setting get it once a month, if I remember what I read correctly. Once every three months should keep a regular person on target.

It has been 10 or 20 years. I think I might finally be at a point where I could do it again - if I was on a deserted island. I have so many hangups these days. Or just responsibilities. I don't know what it would be like to spend a day without all these issues or if that is impossible and the issues would swallow me.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2017-02-12, 22:00

Herbie Green wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

I think you can do both.

It has been 10 or 20 years. I think I might finally be at a point where I could do it again - if I was on a deserted island. I have so many hangups these days. Or just responsibilities. I don't know what it would be like to spend a day without all these issues or if that is impossible and the issues would swallow me.

I hear ya. I haven't done it myself in a good 3 to 4 years. It's tough to find 8 hours without any distractions.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2017-02-12, 23:01

Trump's travel ban lifted by Washington judge - Page 3 1a1e3cfb93f22e91796eb7f2f6826e1a
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2017-02-12, 23:06

Every time the discussion comes to drugs I get to thinkin'. Would it be against forum policy to start an in-depth guerilla chemistry thread, as long as disclaimers are given? Could get interesting...

Dwags could be drunk and cursing at everyone he disagrees with, OTPT could chime in infrequently when he's sure which way the wind is blowing and Nigel could.... well shit, Nigel is pretty forgettable, isn't he?

Any (organic) chemistry majors? Scratch it. Thread would probably go nowhere anyways.

Trump's travel ban lifted by Washington judge - Page 3 Giphy
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2017-02-12, 23:32

xsanguine wrote:Every time the discussion comes to drugs I get to thinkin'. Would it be against forum policy to start an in-depth guerilla chemistry thread, as long as disclaimers are given? Could get interesting...

Dwags could be drunk and cursing at everyone he disagrees with, OTPT could chime in infrequently when he's sure which way the wind is blowing and Nigel could.... well shit, Nigel is pretty forgettable, isn't he?

Any (organic) chemistry majors? Scratch it. Thread would probably go nowhere anyways.

Trump's travel ban lifted by Washington judge - Page 3 Giphy

I don't think that would violate forumotion TOS. I don't know if we have anyone around with that kind of expertise though. Unless you're offering to teach us.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-03-17, 13:25

And as anyone with a brain knew this bullshit was going to get overturned....as will Hawaii. The typical short lived idiot Liberal celebration will be wrecked by rule of law rather than their activist judges. Hope everyone involved enjoyed their 15 minutes.

Five 9th Circuit Judges Dish Out Ruthless Take Down to Anti-Trump Travel Ban Decision

In one of the most ruthless opinions issued of fellow panel judges, five judges from across the political spectrum in the Ninth Circuit went out of their way to issue an opinion about a dismissed appeal, to remind everybody just how embarrassingly bad the prior Ninth Circuit stay panel decision was on Trump’s travel ban.

The language of the opinion was almost Scalian: the five Ninth Circuit judges noted their “obligation to correct” the “manifest” errors so bad that the “fundamental” errors “confound Supreme Court and Ninth Circuit precedent.” The district court questioned any judge issuing a “nationwide TRO” “without making findings of fact or conclusions of law” on the merits of the matter and conducting published opinions on seminal matters of national security based on “oral argument by phone involving four time zones.”

Aside from the procedural defects of the process, the five panel jurists then noted the deep legal problems with the panel’s order: its a-historicity, it’s abdication of precedent, and its usurpation of Constitutionally delegated Presidential rights.

The panel wraps up its ruthless condemnation of its fellow 3-panel decision by noting their errors are “many and obvious,” including the failure to even “apply the proper standard” of review. As the five judges wisely note: “we are judges, not Platonic guardians,” and the great losers of the 3-panel decision are those that believe elections matter and the rule of law deserves respect, as both were sacrificed for results-oriented judges who ignored the law and evaded the historical precedent to try to reverse the policy outcome of the recent election.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-03-17, 13:36

LooseGoose wrote:And as anyone with a brain knew this bullshit was going to get overturned....as will Hawaii.   The typical short lived idiot Liberal celebration will be wrecked by rule of law rather than their activist judges.   Hope everyone involved enjoyed their 15 minutes.  

Five 9th Circuit Judges Dish Out Ruthless Take Down to Anti-Trump Travel Ban Decision

In one of the most ruthless opinions issued of fellow panel judges, five judges from across the political spectrum in the Ninth Circuit went out of their way to issue an opinion about a dismissed appeal, to remind everybody just how embarrassingly bad the prior Ninth Circuit stay panel decision was on Trump’s travel ban.

The language of the opinion was almost Scalian: the five Ninth Circuit judges noted their “obligation to correct” the “manifest” errors so bad that the “fundamental” errors “confound Supreme Court and Ninth Circuit precedent.” The district court questioned any judge issuing a “nationwide TRO” “without making findings of fact or conclusions of law” on the merits of the matter and conducting published opinions on seminal matters of national security based on “oral argument by phone involving four time zones.”

Aside from the procedural defects of the process, the five panel jurists then noted the deep legal problems with the panel’s order: its a-historicity, it’s abdication of precedent, and its usurpation of Constitutionally delegated Presidential rights.

The panel wraps up its ruthless condemnation of its fellow 3-panel decision by noting their errors are “many and obvious,” including the failure to even “apply the proper standard” of review. As the five judges wisely note: “we are judges, not Platonic guardians,” and the great losers of the 3-panel decision are those that believe elections matter and the rule of law deserves respect, as both were sacrificed for results-oriented judges who ignored the law and evaded the historical precedent to try to reverse the policy outcome of the recent election.

Why so angry champ? You're not making any sense. What got overturned? Do you know what an opinion is? It's the big bold word at the top of you link. Take a deep breath and try to type in coherent sentences and get back with us.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-06-02, 09:36

So the initial implementation of this travel ban was to last 90 days so the administration could assess immigration vetting. It's been well over 90 days since that first day. Why is this even being brought up again? This is a rhetorical question. It's because Trump and his administration aren't really that interested in assessing immigration vetting. Nothing has really been done in the background to get to the the real objective of the EO. It's all just trying to score political points, and Trump can't "win" until the travel ban is in effect.

Just one more reason why Trump is a fucking idiot.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/06/02/trump-administration-asks-supreme-court-to-let-revised-travel-ban-take-effect.html
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-06-05, 14:54

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/06/05/kellyanne-conways-husband-swipes-at-trump-on-twitter.html

This guy is such an idiot. Every day it's something new. Every single day. I'm talking about Trump not Kellyanne Conway's husband.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3