Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Football rumors (Merged)

+50
Duke Silver
steveschneider
MiamiSpartan
Murphy Green
Bob Lee Swagger
CORNER BLITZ
Henry Steele
The_Dude
whipcatlicks
By-Tor
Townie
Rocinante
Loose Stools
goodbar
Herbie Green
Clarett's Folly
Banacek
Nordic
General Grant
CampbellHall
Izzo Court
xsanguine
Cameron
Jethro Bodeen
duffy munn
Death Roe
SawGreen
Vlad
tanfan!
NigelUno
WhiteBoyHatcher
kingstonlake
InTenSity
Stoops21
Floyd Robertson
AnomanderRake
pulling69
Wally Fairway
Other Teams Pursuing That
DWags
MattyFresh
GRR Spartan
tGreenWay
CheesySpartan
Steve81
Watch Out Pylon!
CaptainSlow33
Blanch32
Robert J Sakimano
SeeRockCity
54 posters

Page 15 of 21 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21  Next

Go down

Football rumors (Merged) - Page 15 Empty Re: Football rumors (Merged)

Post by Guest Wed 31 May 2017 - 22:23

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:The hits keep coming.

http://www.vibe.com/2017/05/rich-homie-quan-possibly-prison-stint/

For possession....that's just silly. Why even arrest him?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed 31 May 2017 - 23:36

LooseGoose wrote:

I'm gonna guess color of skin and occupation.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Thu 1 Jun 2017 - 8:54

LooseGoose wrote:

Stolen gun, weed, ecstasy in the van. You don't think anyone should be arrested?

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Fri 2 Jun 2017 - 14:09

In today's episode of "Death Spiral", Kaleel Gaines will transfer to a JuCo. NFL Spartans Max Bullough (PED suspension) and Keith Mumphery (found 'guilty' of Title IX violations at his former University) have been cut from the Houston Texans.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Fri 2 Jun 2017 - 14:34

You see what I am saying?!

Mumphrey needs to sue someone.  The judges that made that ESPN ruling to release names got the "preferential treatment" of athletes completely backwards.
How did the public's need to know that athletes weren't getting preferential treatment outweigh the damage to Mumphrey's reputation now that he lost his job the day after this was released?
And I hope Solari is real proud of himself.  You think Rexrodr or Couch would have done that?
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri 2 Jun 2017 - 14:39

NigelUno wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Stolen gun, weed, ecstasy in the van. You don't think anyone should be arrested?

umm.. so.. folks aren't supposed to be in possession of stolen guns and drugs?

Football rumors (Merged) - Page 15 Tenor

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Fri 2 Jun 2017 - 14:43

Herbie Green wrote:You see what I am saying?!

Mumphrey needs to sue someone.  The judges that made that ESPN ruling to release names got the "preferential treatment" of athletes completely backwards.
How did the public's need to know that athletes weren't getting preferential treatment outweigh the damage to Mumphrey's reputation now that he lost his job the day after this was released?
And I hope Solari is real proud of himself.  You think Rexrodr or Couch would have done that?

Yeah, I would not feel great. KM is a borderline NFL player and his career could be over. I asked Solari why he named Mumphrey and he basically said it was because there was police action taken (a no trespass order) and because there was Title IX action taken (expulsion).

FWIW we don't know if it was Solari who requested the FOIA. And/or why he requested it. I will ask him and see if I can get a response.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Fri 2 Jun 2017 - 15:01

Before that ESPN case MSU would have withheld the names.  Of course journalists could have been making those requests all the time and always been denied. 
 But now the law I think obligates MSU.   Yet at the same time MSU wouldnt comment directly on Title IX but MSU police will release reports
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Fri 2 Jun 2017 - 15:23

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

Yeah, I would not feel great. KM is a borderline NFL player and his career could be over. I asked Solari why he named Mumphrey and he basically said it was because there was police action taken (a no trespass order) and because there was Title IX action taken (expulsion).

FWIW we don't know if it was Solari who requested the FOIA. And/or why he requested it. I will ask him and see if I can get a response.

Max was cut also.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Fri 2 Jun 2017 - 15:57

Yes, Nigel. See post #570.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Fri 2 Jun 2017 - 16:04

Solari did exactly what a journalist should do.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Fri 2 Jun 2017 - 16:09

Jesus, I just went to the Freep and clicked on the article.

Won't link it here. They have video montage that's basically a slide show giving a time line of all the arrests, punishments, statements, players booted off the team and its over this soundtrack that sounds apocalyptic.

The freep is such a jerk wad paper.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Fri 2 Jun 2017 - 16:10

steveschneider wrote:Jesus, I just went to the Freep and clicked on the article.

Won't link it here. They have video montage that's basically a slide show giving a time line of all the arrests, punishments, statements, players booted off the team and its over this soundtrack that sounds apocalyptic.

Exactly what newspapers are supposed to do now, create clickbait Football rumors (Merged) - Page 15 502811600
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 Fri 2 Jun 2017 - 16:11

steveschneider wrote:Jesus, I just went to the Freep and clicked on the article.

Yep...where is their video with sad music for all of the scUM arrests?
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Fri 2 Jun 2017 - 16:28

steveschneider wrote:

I'm not sure I can really agree with that unless he explored all angles of the situation and accusation. Was this really a story that was worthy of being reported on? For all we know Mumphery didn't fight the Title IX sanctions because he didn't give a shit or couldn't get out of training camp or something. Do we know what kind of evidence the Title IX investigation turned up that resulted in expulsion? Because the police reports outlined a pretty clear he-said she-said and KM's actions during the police investigation sure made it seem that he felt he was being falsely accused. The lack of charges would help make that case more compelling.

if anything, as mentioned before, this should show us how strict the Title IX standards are, and probably one can assume it's going to be really difficult if not impossible for any of the 3 players currently under investigation to resume their academic and football careers here, charges from the ICPO or no charges.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri 2 Jun 2017 - 17:29

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

umm.. so.. folks aren't supposed to be in possession of stolen guns and drugs?

Football rumors (Merged) - Page 15 Tenor

Football rumors (Merged) - Page 15 502811600
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Fri 2 Jun 2017 - 20:09

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

I'm not sure I can really agree with that unless he explored all angles of the situation and accusation. Was this really a story that was worthy of being reported on? For all we know Mumphery didn't fight the Title IX sanctions because he didn't give a shit or couldn't get out of training camp or something. Do we know what kind of evidence the Title IX investigation turned up that resulted in expulsion? Because the police reports outlined a pretty clear he-said she-said and KM's actions during the police investigation sure made it seem that he felt he was being falsely accused. The lack of charges would help make that case more compelling.

if anything, as mentioned before, this should show us how strict the Title IX standards are, and probably one can assume it's going to be really difficult if not impossible for any of the 3 players currently under investigation to resume their academic and football careers here, charges from the ICPO or no charges.

Solari is just looking out for public safety and being a journalist Rolling Eyes

I wouldn't have a problem with the reporting if it came out shortly after the case was closed. But the timing reeks of being contrived and petty. He's bitter about Dantonio/MSU keeping things on lockdown -- even though it appears they have done everything correct/by the book (unlike Baylor, PSU and even UofM in the Gibbons case) in each of these (football related) cases.

Solari is flexing nuts to get back at Dantonio for locking him out. Unfortunately it had unintended consequences. Nice work Solari.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Fri 2 Jun 2017 - 20:15

What I am guessing (and complete guessing) is that he/Freep happened upon this incident while submitting FOIAs in regards to current events. They probably submitted the FOIA for Title IX cases for the past 2 years or some shit like that and found this nugget. After examining the police report and the results, he decided it was newsworthy because of the expulsion and and the police action. (and perhaps a hint of truth to your assertion thrown in the mix)

Not really comfortable with this one. Like I said above, there could have been any number of reasons why KM didn't appeal, and the guy was on the NFL bubble.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Fri 2 Jun 2017 - 21:35

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

You make some great points about Title IX, but I don't fault Chris Solari reporting that Keith was expelled from MSU. That's what a reporter should do, is bring information to light.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri 2 Jun 2017 - 21:38

If the freep goes to press about some third string DB under JLS getting busted for drugs the KM story was a must publish for them.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Fri 2 Jun 2017 - 22:49

DWags wrote:If the freep goes to press about some third string DB under JLS getting busted for drugs the KM story was a must publish for them.

Very true.

Dave Harns tweeted earlier that Rexrode absolutely would have published the KM story. I assume he didn't just pull that out of thin air, he's a pretty responsible guy and he's been questioning Solari a fair amount on this.

I'm not necessarily on the Solari witch hunt. I just don't like how this played out.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Fri 2 Jun 2017 - 23:15

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
DWags wrote:If the freep goes to press about some third string DB under JLS getting busted for drugs the KM story was a must publish for them.

Very true.

Dave Harns tweeted earlier that Rexrode absolutely would have published the KM story. I assume he didn't just pull that out of thin air, he's a pretty responsible guy and he's been questioning Solari a fair amount on this.

I'm not necessarily on the Solari witch hunt. I just don't like how this played out.

I don't doubt any of your last two posts. But his response to your question was bullshit. Why not just say what you did in post #584? He sounded very defensive in his response. Pretty sure Rexrode would of handled the last few months with far less bitterness and with the same level (or better) reporting.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Sat 3 Jun 2017 - 11:36

Saw a rexrode tweet that seemed like a vote of confidence for the KM story.

Also, Perry is back at UofM and here are the charges:

two misdemeanors for fourth-degree criminal sexual conduct for inappropriately touching a woman, a felony for resisting/avoiding arrest as an officer was injured as Perry evaded the arrest and a minor in possession of alcohol.

Michigan's leading receiver and Harbaugh is quoted as saying 'Grant Perry is an outstanding football player'.

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Sat 3 Jun 2017 - 15:22

"Harbaugh said Perry will be with the Wolverines in fall camp but said he didn't think Perry's case was resolved yet."

He doesn't know?   Football rumors (Merged) - Page 15 1966794946

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/wolverines/2017/06/03/michigan-wolverines-grant-perry-back/367678001/
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sat 3 Jun 2017 - 16:30

steveschneider wrote:Saw a rexrode tweet that seemed like a vote of confidence for the KM story.

Also, Perry is back at UofM and here are the charges:

two misdemeanors for fourth-degree criminal sexual conduct for inappropriately touching a woman, a felony for resisting/avoiding arrest as an officer was injured as Perry evaded the arrest and a minor in possession of alcohol.

Michigan's leading receiver and Harbaugh is quoted as saying 'Grant Perry is an outstanding football player'.

His suspension was lifted in time for the OSU game, suspended again after being charged in March, but he'll be back in time for the season in the fall.

What I want to know is how his Title IX investigation is going? If it hasn't started, then why not? This seems like something Mark Snyder at the freep should be locked onto, and if not him, then let Solari get at the story for a compare and contrast article.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sat 3 Jun 2017 - 16:32

How would there be a title 9 investigation considering the incident occurred off campus in EL?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sat 3 Jun 2017 - 16:40

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:How would there be a title 9 investigation considering the incident occurred off campus in EL?

Doesn't matter. He could've been in California and it should've triggered an investigation. Maybe you could ask the reporters you've been interacting with on twitter. There's supposed to be an investigation, and if there isn't one ongoing, then I question why not.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sat 3 Jun 2017 - 17:06

I don't think that's right, unless you're just being a smart ass. Pretty sure Title IX only applies to incidents that take place on a college campus.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sat 3 Jun 2017 - 17:14

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I don't think that's right, unless you're just being a smart ass. Pretty sure Title IX only applies to incidents that take place on a college campus.

Not being a smartass. My best friend is an attorney who's been knee deep in Title IX shit lately. When I asked today, that person told me location doesn't matter, with California being the location example given to me. They could be wrong, I guess, but if you think about it, it makes sense. Regardless of where the alleged incident takes place, the accused will return to campus, which should prompt a University investigation as to whether or not they have a potential predator on its property.

Perry is um's top receiver and I don't expect much to come of it.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 4 Jun 2017 - 18:40

David Harns‏Verified account @isportsDave 38m38 minutes ago
More
I'm curious how this is going to play out... pic.twitter.com/20lVmfW2Yv

Football rumors (Merged) - Page 15 DBgk2o2W0AA-CF8
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Sun 4 Jun 2017 - 19:06

LooseGoose wrote:David Harns‏Verified account @isportsDave  38m38 minutes ago
More

How the fuck did this creepy weirdo get a press credential?

Revoke his access. NOW.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Duke Silver Sun 4 Jun 2017 - 21:39

duffy munn wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:David Harns‏Verified account @isportsDave  38m38 minutes ago
More

How the fuck did this creepy weirdo get a press credential?

Revoke his access. NOW.

It's been posted on tRCMB that Hondo inherited a bunch of money and has donates to the AD for his access.
Duke Silver
Duke Silver
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sun 4 Jun 2017 - 23:16

The two takeaways I got were: 1) MD was told to appear before tbe BoT, and 2) We now have a new SID? I didn't know they filled the position.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Sun 4 Jun 2017 - 23:26

Dantonio is going to be fired Football rumors (Merged) - Page 15 1550444538
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway Mon 5 Jun 2017 - 8:19

Nordic wrote:Dantonio is going to be fired Football rumors (Merged) - Page 15 1550444538

So Saban back to MSU - for what $20 million/year
Paging pulling
Pulling to the white phone
update that flight tracker from Tuscaloosa
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Mon 5 Jun 2017 - 8:36

What's John L. Smith up to these days?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon 5 Jun 2017 - 8:44

Josh McDaniels 3 million a year. Done and done.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Mon 5 Jun 2017 - 8:56

Dantonio and Hollis are meeting with the Board.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway Mon 5 Jun 2017 - 9:17

Steve Mariucci

(did you know he's Izzo's friend)
Football rumors (Merged) - Page 15 314366149_e800a8c0af_o
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Mon 5 Jun 2017 - 9:29

NigelUno wrote:Dantonio and Hollis are meeting with the Board.

Looking forward to Hondo's hard hitting/poorly written/completely uninformed report on the meeting.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 21 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21  Next