Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Football rumors (Merged)

+50
Duke Silver
steveschneider
MiamiSpartan
Murphy Green
Bob Lee Swagger
CORNER BLITZ
Henry Steele
The_Dude
whipcatlicks
By-Tor
Townie
Rocinante
Loose Stools
goodbar
Herbie Green
Clarett's Folly
Banacek
Nordic
General Grant
CampbellHall
Izzo Court
xsanguine
Cameron
Jethro Bodeen
duffy munn
Death Roe
SawGreen
Vlad
tanfan!
NigelUno
WhiteBoyHatcher
kingstonlake
InTenSity
Stoops21
Floyd Robertson
AnomanderRake
pulling69
Wally Fairway
Other Teams Pursuing That
DWags
MattyFresh
GRR Spartan
tGreenWay
CheesySpartan
Steve81
Watch Out Pylon!
CaptainSlow33
Blanch32
Robert J Sakimano
SeeRockCity
54 posters

Page 16 of 21 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21  Next

Go down

Football rumors (Merged) - Page 16 Empty Re: Football rumors (Merged)

Post by Nordic Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:01 am

Wakefeild, can you deliver some hot calzones from the cafe and get in that board meeting? We need some Swill boots on the ground.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:02 am

Wally Fairway wrote:Steve Mariucci

(did you know he's Izzo's friend)
Football rumors (Merged) - Page 16 314366149_e800a8c0af_o

We know one thing from that pic, TI quit growing in 1973.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:36 am

MSU's Tom Izzo sees today's Board of Trustees meeting as a positive

"I look at it as a positive," Izzo said at today's Coaches Beat Cancer event at Beaumont Hospital in Royal Oak. "This isn't a meeting to decide someone's future. It's a meeting to figure out how everybody can help. At least that's my impression of it."

"I heard about the meeting," Izzo said. "I think it's a meeting - and I don't know this - I think it's a meeting about how so we get things back on track. And I think that's a good thing because everybody should be involved."

I like the first quote better, fwiw.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:16 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:MSU's Tom Izzo sees today's Board of Trustees meeting as a positive

"I look at it as a positive," Izzo said at today's Coaches Beat Cancer event at Beaumont Hospital in Royal Oak. "This isn't a meeting to decide someone's future. It's a meeting to figure out how everybody can help. At least that's my impression of it."

"I heard about the meeting," Izzo said. "I think it's a meeting - and I don't know this - I think it's a meeting about how so we get things back on track. And I think that's a good thing because everybody should be involved."

What's funny is that the wheels came off so quickly in so many aspects of the program, from having the reputation of "holy Rollers", doing things right, bringing "church" into the locker room, guys like Cousins, Harris, Denard, winning games, promoting MSU then, to this mess, racism on the team sexual assault, losing games, stories of Trumpites preaching to team mates last fall, coaches not on task. If all this stuff is true, the good and the bad, I'd want an explanation as to how the head coach thinks it could happen so quickly, and I'd like some reassurance that we have a focus on what it was, and maybe get back to where it needs
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:20 pm

DWags wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:MSU's Tom Izzo sees today's Board of Trustees meeting as a positive

What's funny is that the wheels came off so quickly in so many aspects of the program, from having the reputation of "holy Rollers", doing things right, bringing "church" into the locker room, guys like Cousins, Harris, Denard, winning games, promoting MSU then, to this mess, racism on the team sexual assault, losing games, stories of Trumpites preaching to team mates last fall, coaches not on task. If all this stuff is true, the good and the bad, I'd want an explanation as to how the head coach thinks it could happen so quickly, and I'd like some reassurance that we have a focus on what it was, and maybe get back to where it needs

I wonder how many that mocked CaptainKirk for all of that would like to have things go back to those days?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:37 pm

DWags wrote:

What is getting it back to where it needs to be? 7-8 wins a season? Compete for championships?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:44 pm

duffy munn wrote:
NigelUno wrote:Dantonio and Hollis are meeting with the Board.

Looking forward to Hondo's hard hitting/poorly written/completely uninformed report on the meeting.

I don't think he'll get any info from Hollis or Dantonio. Not sure if he has a relationship with a Board member to get off the record comments. I think all parties will (still) be very tight-lipped.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:44 pm

steveschneider wrote:
DWags wrote:

What is getting it back to where it needs to be? 7-8 wins a season? Compete for championships?

Undoubtedly, I'd like to see it expected to win at minimum 7 with most years 8-9, and competing yearly, well into the season for the BT championship, and obviously winning it and then competing on a national level every 3 to 5 years. That doesn't seem unreasonable for a school that has a shit load to offer, has some pretty good tradition and a past half decade of an unbelievable record.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:04 pm

How about Ferentz as a model? He had his only bad season in 2012 at 4-8 and then responded with 8-5, 7-6, 12-2, 8-5.

Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:35 pm

steveschneider wrote:What is getting it back to where it needs to be? 7-8 wins a season? Compete for championships?
I think getting it back to where it needs to be might be some sort of code for " players to stop getting criminal and TitleIX charges and or investigations"

As far as the football part goes - winning all the home games (again) would be a nice start, considering it is a fairly shitty slate of games.
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:02 pm

Wally Fairway wrote:
steveschneider wrote:What is getting it back to where it needs to be? 7-8 wins a season? Compete for championships?
I think getting it back to where it needs to be might be some sort of code for " players to stop getting criminal and TitleIX charges and or investigations"

As far as the football part goes - winning all the home games (again) would be a nice start, considering it is a fairly shitty slate of games.

I looked at the schedule, I agree with Robert up above that the next season should be interesting. I have no idea what to expect for the season. If the QB pans out I think getting over 6 wins is do able.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:32 pm

David Harns‏Verified account @isportsDave  1m1 minute ago
This confirms a "reporting player" told Dantonio that a sexual misconduct incident may have occurred. Also says Dantonio followed policy.
Football rumors (Merged) - Page 16 DBlL-HJXYAAg2kK

This is good shit Football rumors (Merged) - Page 16 55953254
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainSlow33 Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:38 pm

steveschneider wrote:
Wally Fairway wrote:

I looked at the schedule, I agree with Robert up above that the next season should be interesting. I have no idea what to expect for the season. If the QB pans out I think getting over 6 wins is do able.

Absolutely doable. To be fair, it was doable in 2016, too. Someday, after MSU writers have run out of material for books on the last play of the 2015 Michigan game, I hope there will be a tell-all book about what happened to our program in 2016 - 7-5 should have been a disappointing season last year.

I can see this season either being the start of a rebound or a bit more of the same. It will just depend on which team comes out of the locker room in the first game.
CaptainSlow33
CaptainSlow33
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:42 pm

Matt Mencarini‏ @MattMencarini 6m6 minutes ago
More
Jones Day report found "no evidence" that program "senior leaders" or AD staff tried to "impede, cover up, or obstruct" Title IX inquiry.
Football rumors (Merged) - Page 16 DBlNBV9WsAEdbnK
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:46 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote: David Harns‏Verified account @isportsDave  1m1 minute ago
This confirms a "reporting player" told Dantonio that a sexual misconduct incident may have occurred. Also says Dantonio followed policy.
Football rumors (Merged) - Page 16 DBlL-HJXYAAg2kK

This is good shit Football rumors (Merged) - Page 16 55953254

Is this a new, previously unreported complaint?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainSlow33 Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:46 pm

LooseGoose wrote:Matt Mencarini‏ @MattMencarini 6m6 minutes ago
More
Jones Day report found "no evidence" that program "senior leaders" or AD staff tried to "impede, cover up, or obstruct" Title IX inquiry.

Isn't this the reason that Blackwell was (allegedly) let go?
CaptainSlow33
CaptainSlow33
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:46 pm

This report certainly separates the handling of this case from say Baylor or others.

Matt Charboneau‏ @mattcharboneau 24m24 minutes ago
President Simon adds Jones Day report on football staff is complete and says Dantonio and staff "above reproach " in handling of case
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainSlow33 Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:48 pm

LooseGoose wrote:This report certainly separates the handling of this case from say Baylor or others.

President Simon adds Jones Day report on football staff is complete and says Dantonio and staff "above reproach " in handling of case

Never doubted that the staff would do the right thing. Say what you want about the playcalling last year, but everyone on the staff is respectable. I'd be pretty damn crushed if Coach D tried sweeping something like this under the rug.
CaptainSlow33
CaptainSlow33
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:50 pm

Good summation here.....

MSU Board issues statement saying it has the “utmost confidence” in Mark Dantonio and AD Mark Hollis
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:50 pm

CaptainSlow33 wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Matt Mencarini‏ @MattMencarini 6m6 minutes ago
More

Isn't this the reason that Blackwell was (allegedly) let go?

It's stated elsewhere that one staffer they couldn't interview may have violated protocol.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:54 pm

Chris Solari‏Verified account @chrissolari 29s29 seconds ago
Three MSU football players will be charged for their roles in a January sexual assault, according to Ingham County Prosecutor's Office.

OK, we're almost there.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:56 pm

Matt Charboneau‏ @mattcharboneau 2m2 minutes ago
More
Ingham county prosecutor announces charges against three MSU football players

Matt Charboneau‏ @mattcharboneau 2m2 minutes ago
More
Prosecutor release does not name players ...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:58 pm

Chris Solari‏Verified account @chrissolari 3m3 minutes ago
More
Ingham County Prosecutor's Office will not seek charges against former MSU staff member Curtis Blackwell. He is not named in report.

Chris Solari‏Verified account @chrissolari 4m4 minutes ago
More
Here is the release from Ingham County Prosecutor Carol Siemon on her charging decision. Players have not yet been named.
Football rumors (Merged) - Page 16 DBlRW68XoAEnWe4
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:04 pm

Adios
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:11 pm

Tim Wakefield wrote:Adios

Yeah, that's the sad part - no matter the verdict. Rotten for all involved including the girl.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainSlow33 Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:14 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
Tim Wakefield wrote:Adios

Yeah, that's the sad part - no matter the verdict. Rotten for all involved including the girl.

I would say "especially the girl." But yeah, I agree.
CaptainSlow33
CaptainSlow33
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:24 pm

LooseGoose wrote:Good summation here.....

MSU Board issues statement saying it has the “utmost confidence” in Mark Dantonio and AD Mark Hollis

Uh oh, the dreaded vote confidence. Thad Matta received one last month from tOSU.

Is a vote of utmost confidence even worse?

MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:27 pm

No sympathy for the players involved. Fucking morons.

Feel awful for the woman involved.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:31 pm

LooseGoose wrote:This report certainly separates the handling of this case from say Baylor or others.

This is why any comparison's made to Baylor or PSU are without merrit.

Every program is going to run into issues. Regardless of how much you try to educate/avoid it, it is unavoidable. It is how they handle them when they do occur that matters.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:42 pm

Excerpt from the report regarding Blackwell...

Football rumors (Merged) - Page 16 DBlPossXkAEH7pA?format=jpg
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:54 pm

Dantonio is the fucking boss
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:08 pm

Death Roe wrote:No sympathy for the players involved. Fucking morons.

Yep. Let justice prevail.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:09 pm

Death Roe wrote:No sympathy for the players involved. Fucking morons.

I'm going to wait for the facts to come out before making a blanket statement like that. Innocent until proven guilty.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:10 pm

Nordic wrote:

This is why any comparison's made to Baylor or PSU are without merrit.

Every program is going to run into issues. Regardless of how much you try to educate/avoid it, it is unavoidable. It is how they handle them when they do occur that matters.

Maybe I have some green glasses on but I feel really good about the football program now.
I don't know about everyone else but this is the first I have heard that it was a player that told it to Dantonio and Dantonio was the one to report it. That is so on the ball.
I don't even understand whatever Blackwell did was so bad. Maybe he didn't follow some protocol but it doesn't appear anything close to obstruction or anything.
I wonder what has become of that player. I hope he is viewed in the locker room as a hero and not a rat, if he is even still here.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:16 pm

DWags wrote:

The Jones Day report and the way he has handled all of these situations answers the question on whether we have the right person in charge.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:23 pm

Boom goes the dynamite

Football rumors (Merged) - Page 16 F358f193c5417fa4dd200b7
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:27 pm

Nordic wrote:
DWags wrote:

The Jones Day report and the way he has handled all of these situations answers the question on whether we have the right person in charge.

That's why they did the right thing and had a separate firm investigate. The board did the right thing.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:40 pm

The Jones report makes it look to me like Dantonio was the very first person to report this incident that would have initiated the entire investigation. Is that true, or had the girl already gone to police?
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by General Grant Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:54 pm

DWags wrote:

Can you please point out where you heard the team had last falls presidential election negatively effect performance?
General Grant
General Grant
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:14 pm

General Grant wrote:
DWags wrote:

Can you please point out where you heard the team had last falls presidential election negatively effect performance?

supposedly Bullough wanted to make America great again and if you don't like Trump that's enough to believe it ruined the team because there's black guys on the team...or so the thinking was when it came out that Bullough liked Trump
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 21 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21  Next