Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone else a fan of Adam Carolla's podcast?

+21
Maize and Blue
BtothejizA
Ass Dan
The Pantry
Bonerland
JEK
Cameron
StylesGShmooth
Gob Bluth
tGreenWay
tig ol bitties
Robert J Sakimano
Rocinante
Blanch32
DroppedByADime
AMwood
Roger Waymeth
NigelUno
Cym Jim
Turtleneck
Bizarro Fletch
25 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Anyone else a fan of Adam Carolla's podcast? Empty Anyone else a fan of Adam Carolla's podcast?

Post by Bizarro Fletch Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:47 am

The "Seinfeld wasn't funny" thread got me to thinking about what is and isn't funny. I'm a relatively loyal listener of Adam Carolla's podcast and am in awe of his improv ability. I'm not sure there's another comedian out there that can be as constantly funny day in and day out without a script. The insane tangents their conversations take are incredible. Dude is gloriously profane, too.

I'm surprised he hasn't earned more widespread attention, like a talk show or sitcom. I know he's had a few pilots that have flopped. I presume his brand of humor doesn't exactly translate to the crowd that digs Two and a Half Men and Sinbad.
Bizarro Fletch
Bizarro Fletch
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Anyone else a fan of Adam Carolla's podcast? Empty Re: Anyone else a fan of Adam Carolla's podcast?

Post by Turtleneck Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:53 am

No
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Anyone else a fan of Adam Carolla's podcast? Empty Re: Anyone else a fan of Adam Carolla's podcast?

Post by Bizarro Fletch Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:00 pm

Turtleneck wrote:No

How about Sinbad's podcast?
Bizarro Fletch
Bizarro Fletch
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cym Jim Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:03 pm

Listened to it for about a year during my commute, but he became increasingly annoying and his guests generally suck. If he did it once a week it might hold together, but it's so fucking repetitive. We get it Adam, you pulled yourself up by your bootstraps . . . amazing. Alison Rosen and bald Brian aren't the slightest bit entertaining either.
Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:21 pm

I like Bill Cosby's podcasts.

A lot of pudding commercials though.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Roger Waymeth Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:29 pm

Honest answer, yes.
I subscribe to it and listen to about 2 or 3 a week depending on the guest.
Roger Waymeth
Roger Waymeth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:29 pm

Bizarro Fletch wrote:

AC reminds me of an uptight internet poster that spends a lot of time in threads dedicated to reporting other posters to mods.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bizarro Fletch Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:36 pm

Turtleneck wrote:

AC reminds me of an uptight internet poster that spends a lot of time in threads dedicated to reporting other posters to mods.

OK?
Bizarro Fletch
Bizarro Fletch
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AMwood Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:42 pm

did anybody see this movie he wrote and starred in? i stumbled upon it a few years ago and was surprisingly entertained. he's a pretty talented guy.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0814130/
AMwood
AMwood
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bizarro Fletch Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:51 pm

AMwood wrote:did anybody see this movie he wrote and starred in? i stumbled upon it a few years ago and was surprisingly entertained. he's a pretty talented guy.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0814130/

Haven't seen it, but have heard him reference it.  He just finished shooting another movie he wrote and starred in that he financed entirely through Kickstarter.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3110770/?ref_=nm_flmg_wr_1
Bizarro Fletch
Bizarro Fletch
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:00 pm

Bizarro Fletch wrote:

OK?

That means he is annoying.

I will be honest and say that I only know him from limited viewings of Love Line and The Man Show. Both shows were terrible and in both shows he was obnoxious. Maybe his act has changed since the mid-to-late 90s.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DroppedByADime Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:22 pm

No. Annoys the shit outta me. Not very funny.
DroppedByADime
DroppedByADime
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:28 pm

Yes
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:30 pm

He has weird teeth. I used to listen to Love Line with him and Dr. Drew religiously in High School.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:51 pm

never heard of him.. nor do I even know what a "podcast" is..

though, unlike the person referenced, I have heard of a "podcast"..
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tig ol bitties Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:55 pm

saw "the hammer" on cable years back and thought it was awful. could be the movie, or could be the fact that it was on some crappy cable channel and they had to cut funny shit out.  Anyone else a fan of Adam Carolla's podcast? 2599972566

never listened to the podcast.
tig ol bitties
tig ol bitties
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bizarro Fletch Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:31 pm

DroppedByADime wrote:No.   Annoys the shit outta me.   Not very funny.  

Huh.  To each their own, obviously.  The most recent episode I listened to while doing yard work was from a live show they did at an improv club.  There was a translator there for a deaf person in the audience and they ended up spending 20 minutes seeing how she translated words like "twerk" and "anal funneling."  I was almost crying I was laughing so hard while I was mowing.  Neighbors must have thought I was batty.
Bizarro Fletch
Bizarro Fletch
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:39 pm

Bizarro Fletch wrote:

Huh.  To each their own, obviously.  The most recent episode I listened to while doing yard work was from a live show they did at an improv club.  There was a translator there for a deaf person in the audience and they ended up spending 20 minutes seeing how she translated words like "twerk" and "anal funneling."  I was almost crying I was laughing so hard while I was mowing.  Neighbors must have thought I was batty.

Are you sure the crying wasn't from getting your foot stuck under the mower deck?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bizarro Fletch Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:55 pm

Turtleneck wrote:

Are you sure the crying wasn't from getting your foot stuck under the mower deck?

That didn't help.

Speaking of which, does anyone know if Fake Legs has joined tSwill?
Bizarro Fletch
Bizarro Fletch
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:27 pm

The guy had a lot of comedic potential but chose the easy path and stayed a man-child moran. Too bad. Big waste of talent.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Gob Bluth Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:56 pm

Yep, he's pretty fucking funny.
Gob Bluth
Gob Bluth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:12 pm

Used to listen regularly all the way back to when he was on the radio and Damashek was on the show then Bodaduce. Got very repetitive though and the sidekicks are very unfunny. Teresa Strosser wasn't great but not awful, Alsion Rosen is awful. Got a little too Fox Newsy for me as well.
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:44 pm

I subscribed to his podcast when he first started it, used to listen to it while I wasted fools in CoD: World at War. Got too radio-showy for my taste though. I can't stand all the fucking "drops" and whatnot.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by JEK Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:44 pm

I listen to his podcast occasionally, but more so for the guests. If you like comedy podcasts there's a ton of good ones out there. Check out the earwollf network: www.earwolf.com/shows

My favorites are Sklarbro Country and Comedy Bang Bang. The Sklar Bros are the guys who did Cheap Seats and they're very quick witted and funny, much more so than Carrolla, imo. Comedy Bang Bang can be very quirky so you have to give it some time. Very few things can put me into side-splitting laughter, but the Bob Ducca appearances on CBB did it.

I also enjoy Marc Maron and Doug Benson's podcasts.

I'm a big comedy nerd and drive a lot, so I listen to a lot of this stuff.
JEK
JEK
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Bonerland Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:48 pm

I always thought he was an asshole. Even when he had that show on Mtv with Dr. Drew I always thought he was an asshole and I am a guy.

I know it's a gimmick and he may actually be a nice guy in real life but I always thought he was an asshole. He's the kid in high school who was a nerd or loser but then became sort of cool in a fraternity but then forgot he used to be a nerd or loser which makes him an asshole.

Bonerland
Bonerland
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:05 pm

People that regularly listen to podcasts have way too much time on their hands and should focus on getting a job better than delivering pizzas
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by JEK Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:25 pm

I could say the same thing about people who post on message boards but painting with a broad brush makes you an asshole.

Tons of people travel on business. It's nice to have something to read or listen to.
JEK
JEK
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tig ol bitties Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:26 pm

The Pantry wrote:People that regularly listen to podcasts have way too much time on their hands and should focus on getting a job better than delivering pizzas

You must have a shitty life if you don't have time to listen to podcasts.
tig ol bitties
tig ol bitties
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by JEK Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:28 pm

tig ol bitties wrote:

He's stuck in Troy and chained to a desk. I'd probably be miserable too.
JEK
JEK
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:48 pm

tig ol bitties wrote:

Like twitter, how do you decide who to follow? There are shitloads of celebrity asshats out there, including Carolla. Why waste your time?  Anyone else a fan of Adam Carolla's podcast? 2599972566 
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tig ol bitties Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:43 pm

The Pantry wrote:
Like twitter, how do you decide who to follow?  There are shitloads of celebrity asshats out there, including Carolla.  Why waste your time?   Anyone else a fan of Adam Carolla's podcast? 2599972566   

I'm sure there are tons of shitty ones out there, just don't listen to them. I enjoy most of the NPR podcasts. I podcast PTI and sometimes other sports ones depending on the season. Recently I've been listening to the Adam Savage podcast and have enjoyed it.

I take my dog for a walk ~4 times a week. Easy to knock out a podcast as I do it. Easy to listen to a podcast as I drive somewhere or do yard work/finish my basement....
tig ol bitties
tig ol bitties
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:05 am

I listen to podcasts on flights and at the gym, helps pass the time well. Listen to a lot of Grantland Podcasts, The Solid Verbal, The Evening Jones, Joe Rogan. I hear Steve Austin's is good but I haven't got around to it yet.
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:01 am

Bonerland wrote:I always thought he was an asshole. Even when he had that show on Mtv with Dr. Drew I always thought he was an asshole and I am a guy.

I know it's a gimmick and he may actually be a nice guy in real life but I always thought he was an asshole. He's the kid in high school who was a nerd or loser but then became sort of cool in a fraternity but then forgot he used to be a nerd or loser which makes him an asshole.

So I think what I'm hearing here, if I read you correctly, is that you think he's an asshole. Am I in the ballpark?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AMwood Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:04 am

a good podcast is the moth hour. good shit.

http://themoth.org/radio
AMwood
AMwood
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:08 am

Bizarro Fletch wrote:

Bump
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:00 am

tig ol bitties wrote:

serious question.. what is a podcast?

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by BtothejizA Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:03 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
serious question.. what is a podcast?

It's just a recorded radio talk show.
BtothejizA
BtothejizA
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:03 am

BtothejizA wrote:

It's just a recorded radio talk show.
okay.. thanks. how do you listen to it? Is it like "streaming" something?

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Roger Waymeth Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:12 am

I'm still amazed when threads about podcasts pop up no one ever mentions the Crabfeast. It's hosted by comedians Adam Sickler and Jay Larson and the have a comedian as a guest each week. It's a story driven and it usually centers around stupid things they did as kids and young adults. It's funny as shit.
(Not SPAM, as most podcasts don't make any money.)
Roger Waymeth
Roger Waymeth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Maize and Blue Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:23 am

Bizarro Fletch wrote:

That was some funny shit.
Maize and Blue
Maize and Blue
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next