Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone else a fan of Adam Carolla's podcast?

+21
Maize and Blue
BtothejizA
Ass Dan
The Pantry
Bonerland
JEK
Cameron
StylesGShmooth
Gob Bluth
tGreenWay
tig ol bitties
Robert J Sakimano
Rocinante
Blanch32
DroppedByADime
AMwood
Roger Waymeth
NigelUno
Cym Jim
Turtleneck
Bizarro Fletch
25 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Anyone else a fan of Adam Carolla's podcast? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anyone else a fan of Adam Carolla's podcast?

Post by JEK 2014-06-04, 11:24

The Pantry wrote:
Like twitter, how do you decide who to follow?  There are shitloads of celebrity asshats out there, including Carolla.  Why waste your time?   Anyone else a fan of Adam Carolla's podcast? - Page 2 2599972566   

How is it wasting time? I don't think you get why people listen to podcasts. Most people probably aren't carving out 2 hours on a Saturday to listen to a podcast in their living room. You listen when you are already doing other things -- flying, driving, walking your dog, waiting in a line, etc. It makes doing mundane things more entertaining.

As for figuring out what you like, it's just like anything else, food/restaurants/movies/tv shows...you try it and see if you like it. Can't believe that has to be explained to a grown ass man.

Last edited by JEK on 2014-06-04, 11:25; edited 1 time in total
JEK
JEK
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Anyone else a fan of Adam Carolla's podcast? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anyone else a fan of Adam Carolla's podcast?

Post by Maize and Blue 2014-06-04, 11:24

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
okay.. thanks.  how do you listen to it? Is it like "streaming" something?

Wow, you really are out of it Bobby.
Maize and Blue
Maize and Blue
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Bizarro Fletch 2014-06-04, 11:53

JEK wrote:I listen to his podcast occasionally, but more so for the guests. If you like comedy podcasts there's a ton of good ones out there. Check out the earwollf network: www.earwolf.com/shows

My favorites are Sklarbro Country and Comedy Bang Bang. The Sklar Bros are the guys who did Cheap Seats and they're very quick witted and funny, much more so than Carrolla, imo. Comedy Bang Bang can be very quirky so you have to give it some time. Very few things can put me into side-splitting laughter, but the Bob Ducca appearances on CBB did it.

I also enjoy Marc Maron and Doug Benson's podcasts.

I'm a big comedy nerd and drive a lot, so I listen to a lot of this stuff.

I should definitely branch out a bit. I like the Sklar Brothers, but have never listened to their podcast. They filled in for Carrolla a few weeks ago and were great. Maron is frequently a guest of Adam's too, but his comedy might be a little dry for my taste. He seems to have perfected the "life sucks" brand of humor, which isn't really my thing. But maybe I need to give him more of a chance.
Bizarro Fletch
Bizarro Fletch
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2014-06-04, 11:54

Train by day, Joe Rogan podcast by night... all day.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bizarro Fletch 2014-06-04, 11:55

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
okay.. thanks.  how do you listen to it? Is it like "streaming" something?

Do you still listen to Bruce cassettes on your Walkman?
Bizarro Fletch
Bizarro Fletch
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Maize and Blue 2014-06-04, 12:09

Bizarro Fletch wrote:

I should definitely branch out a bit.  I like the Sklar Brothers, but have never listened to their podcast.  They filled in for Carrolla a few weeks ago and were great.  Maron is frequently a guest of Adam's too, but his comedy might be a little dry for my taste.  He seems to have perfected the "life sucks" brand of humor, which isn't really my thing.  But maybe I need to give him more of a chance.
Maron is too much of a whiny bitch for my tastes. I like "How Did This Get Made". A couple of the guys from The League rip apart crappy movies. It's pretty good.
Maize and Blue
Maize and Blue
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2014-06-04, 12:11

Maize and Blue wrote:
Maron is too much of a whiny bitch for my tastes. I like "How Did This Get Made".

I had the displeasure of working with that dude for a couple of day a couple years ago. He's even whinier without the microphone... if that's even believable.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Maize and Blue 2014-06-04, 12:11

xsanguine wrote:Train by day, Joe Rogan podcast by night... all day.
Rogan's podcasts can be great when he has an interesting guest on, but there is way too much talk about random comedy clubs and other stand ups. That stuff bores me to death.
Maize and Blue
Maize and Blue
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by JEK 2014-06-04, 12:13

Bizarro Fletch wrote:

I should definitely branch out a bit.  I like the Sklar Brothers, but have never listened to their podcast.  They filled in for Carrolla a few weeks ago and were great.  Maron is frequently a guest of Adam's too, but his comedy might be a little dry for my taste.  He seems to have perfected the "life sucks" brand of humor, which isn't really my thing.  But maybe I need to give him more of a chance.

You should definitely check out the Sklar Bros. Maron isn't for everybody. For me he's sort of like Carlin -- I find him entertaining but doesn't really produce the belly laughs.
JEK
JEK
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2014-06-04, 12:15

Maize and Blue wrote:
Rogan's podcasts can be great when he has an interesting guest on, but there is way too much talk about random comedy clubs and other stand ups. That stuff bores me to death.

I agree, there's a few snooze fests in there... and then some great ones. It really depends... this one was hilarious...

Goddamn I hate that dishonest Kilstein ****.

Rape culture.... LOL

I guess 'hilarious' is the wrong word... but entertaining.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by JEK 2014-06-04, 12:45

I've come around on Joe Rogan a little bit. I used to think he was just a meathead d-bag, but he's actually a fairly smart & funny dude. His stand up is a little too hyper/"aggressive" for my taste, though.
JEK
JEK
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2014-06-04, 12:54

I'm not a fan of stand up comedy, in general, so I've only seen a few of his (Rogan's) bits ( Anyone else a fan of Adam Carolla's podcast? - Page 2 1494614055 ). But he certainly is an example of "don't judge a book by its cover". Certainly not an intellectual lightweight and he's changed some minds in that regard (Dan Carlin, for one).
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2014-06-04, 13:00

JEK wrote:

How is it wasting time? I don't think you get why people listen to podcasts. Most people probably aren't carving out 2 hours on a Saturday to listen to a podcast in their living room. You listen when you are already doing other things -- flying, driving, walking your dog, waiting in a line, etc. It makes doing mundane things more entertaining.

As for figuring out what you like, it's just like anything else, food/restaurants/movies/tv shows...you try it and see if you like it. Can't believe that has to be explained to a grown ass man.
Maybe because I'm 54 and could give a flying fvck about podcasts, twitter & facebook...?  Anyone else a fan of Adam Carolla's podcast? - Page 2 2599972566

The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2014-06-04, 15:51

I've always thought Carolla was funny. Man Show, The sex radio thing...

Did you see that house flipping thing he did with Discovery (maybe TLC or something) a couple years back. That cracked me right the fk up.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-06-04, 15:55

Maize and Blue wrote:
Wow, you really are out of it Bobby.
 Anyone else a fan of Adam Carolla's podcast? - Page 2 502811600 

I'm a "less is more" kind of dude..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-06-04, 15:56

Bizarro Fletch wrote:

Do you still listen to Bruce cassettes on your Walkman?
vinyl..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bizarro Fletch 2014-06-04, 16:48

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
vinyl..

Anyone else a fan of Adam Carolla's podcast? - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTwsfY7fRRNkgZgmnJ4jtpQyC9aBvcIP5V6_SXsSAwraenWON9Ruw
Bizarro Fletch
Bizarro Fletch
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2014-06-04, 16:52

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
vinyl..

That's how real men listen to music.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by JEK 2014-06-04, 21:26

The Pantry wrote:
Maybe because I'm 54 and could give a flying fvck about podcasts, twitter & facebook...?  Anyone else a fan of Adam Carolla's podcast? - Page 2 2599972566

Because posting in threads about stuff you don't care about is a much better use of your time.

JEK
JEK
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-06-05, 08:42

xsanguine wrote:

That's how real men listen to music.
yeah.. when I'm not listening to vinyl I'm listening to podcasts..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bizarro Fletch 2014-06-05, 08:49

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
yeah.. when I'm not listening to vinyl I'm listening to podcasts..

Whatever they are..
Bizarro Fletch
Bizarro Fletch
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-06-05, 09:02

Bizarro Fletch wrote:

Whatever they are..
I still don't know.. apparently it's a recorded radio show?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bizarro Fletch 2014-06-05, 09:14

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
I still don't know.. apparently it's a recorded radio show?

You're really missing out - there are tons of them about Bruce Springsteen, bike riding and sarcasm..
Bizarro Fletch
Bizarro Fletch
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-06-05, 09:18

Bizarro Fletch wrote:

You're really missing out - there are tons of them about Bruce Springsteen, bike riding and sarcasm..
what do you listen to podcasts on? one of those ipod things? a computer? or something else..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bizarro Fletch 2014-06-05, 09:40

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
what do you listen to podcasts on? one of those ipod things? a computer? or something else..

You know how you're using a computer right now to post these gems?  Or maybe a phone?  You could even use that same device to listen to a podcast!  Anyone else a fan of Adam Carolla's podcast? - Page 2 1550444538 

(I have to admit I'm not getting the Dumb Bob schtick. This level of sarcasm must just be beyond me.)
Bizarro Fletch
Bizarro Fletch
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Maize and Blue 2014-06-05, 09:40

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

How can someone spend this much time on the internet, yet not know how to use the internet?
Maize and Blue
Maize and Blue
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Bizarro Fletch 2014-06-05, 09:41

Maize and Blue wrote:
How can someone spend this much time on the internet, yet not know how to use the internet?

Some people just don't appreciate sarcasm that doesn't make sense..
Bizarro Fletch
Bizarro Fletch
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AMwood 2014-06-05, 09:50

bob thinks it's cute to pretend to be painfully idiotic about all things electronic and sports. it's like his version of an ironic mustache.
AMwood
AMwood
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-06-05, 10:05

Maize and Blue wrote:
so you can listen to podcasts on the internet? and I assume a phone - if you have one that is rigged for that sort of thing..?

this is fascinating.. I have truly learned a lot in this thread. Once I get this podcast phenomenon down, someone will need to tell me who "Adam Corolla" is..
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bizarro Fletch 2014-06-05, 10:06

AMwood wrote:bob thinks it's cute to pretend to be painfully idiotic about all things electronic and sports. it's like his version of an ironic mustache.

Huh. I guess humor really is subjective.
Bizarro Fletch
Bizarro Fletch
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-06-05, 10:06

Bizarro Fletch wrote:

You know how you're using a computer right now to post these gems?  Or maybe a phone?  You could even use that same device to listen to a podcast!  Anyone else a fan of Adam Carolla's podcast? - Page 2 1550444538 

(I have to admit I'm not getting the Dumb Bob schtick. This level of sarcasm must just be beyond me.)
not a schtick.. I truly don't know what a podcast is.. I'm still not totally clear on it. Like I said, I've heard the word before, but that's about it.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by JEK 2014-06-05, 10:59

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
not a schtick.. I truly don't know what a podcast is.. I'm still not totally clear on it. Like I said, I've heard the word before, but that's about it.

Have you ever listened to talk radio? Podcasts are like pre-recorded talk radio shows, but with fewer commercials, no FCC regulations (hosts can swear on them...and the use of sarcasm is also allowed), and they don't take callers from listeners since they are not done live. Podcasts tend to have a theme or "genre" they cover, such as: sports, music, comedy, news, movies, religion, politics, space, science, technology, etc. Most hosts bring on a guest or two for the duration of the podcast who are interviewed or are just there to contribute dialogue. The format tends to be pretty loose. Most podcasts run about an hour or so. Some more, some less. You can download them as an audio file and listen on your computer or portable media player (Ipod), or stream them on the internet from your computer or smart phone.
JEK
JEK
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-06-05, 13:13

JEK wrote:

Have you ever listened to talk radio? Podcasts are like pre-recorded talk radio shows, but with fewer commercials, no FCC regulations (hosts can swear on them...and the use of sarcasm is also allowed), and they don't take callers from listeners since they are not done live. Podcasts tend to have a theme or "genre" they cover, such as: sports, music, comedy, news, movies, religion, politics, space, science, technology, etc. Most hosts bring on a guest or two for the duration of the podcast who are interviewed or are just there to contribute dialogue. The format tends to be pretty loose. Most podcasts run about an hour or so. Some more, some less. You can download them as an audio file and listen on your computer or portable media player (Ipod), or stream them on the internet from your computer or smart phone.
thanks.. that is exactly what I'm looking for.. now I am 100% sure I've never listened to a podcast.

thanks for the info - seriously.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodeo Burger 2014-06-05, 13:40

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

It's hard to imagine that you couldn't find a podcast that you like, you can find one on nearly any topic. The nice thing is that once you subscribe to several, you'll have plenty to choose from, so if a particular episode isn't interesting to you, you move on the next one. I think of it as a DVR for radio, except you can find much narrower topics than you'll find on any talk radio station.
Rodeo Burger
Rodeo Burger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-06-05, 13:49

Rodeo Burger wrote:

It's hard to imagine that you couldn't find a podcast that you like, you can find one on nearly any topic.  The nice thing is that once you subscribe to several, you'll have plenty to choose from, so if a particular episode isn't interesting to you, you move on the next one.  I think of it as a DVR for radio, except you can find much narrower topics than you'll find on any talk radio station.
we don't have a DVR either.. if we do, I'm unaware of it.. we might - in fact I'm guessing that we probably do.

I'm sure there are plenty of podcasts that I'd find interesting and worthwhile. That sort of things just seems like more trouble than I think it would be worth.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-06-05, 13:52

Do you listen to anything while jogging or biking?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-06-05, 13:55

InTenSity wrote:Do you listen to anything while jogging or biking?
no..

a) it's pretty dangerous to do that.. at least I think it is.

and..

b) I prefer to just listen to the rhythmic breathing and footstrikes.. if I'm running, and the sound of the wind, etc on my bike..

I guess if I ever did indoor stuff on a treadmill or stationary bike, I'd have to find something to listen to - but I never do that.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bizarro Fletch 2014-06-05, 14:25

I think what we've learned from this thread is that Bob needs his own podcast.

Any suggestions for the name?
Bizarro Fletch
Bizarro Fletch
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-06-05, 14:31

A Sar-cast.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bizarro Fletch 2014-06-05, 14:38

InTenSity wrote:A Sar-cast.

Anyone else a fan of Adam Carolla's podcast? - Page 2 1486952199 

First response is going to be hard to top.
Bizarro Fletch
Bizarro Fletch
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next