Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Noodles Closing 10% of Locations

+13
GRR Spartan
CaptainSlow33
CheesySpartan
By-Tor
Travis of the Cosmos
Watch Out Pylon!
WhiteBoyHatcher
Other Teams Pursuing That
AnomanderRake
tGreenWay
Robert J Sakimano
Death Roe
Floyd Robertson
17 posters

Go down

Article Noodles Closing 10% of Locations

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-02-15, 10:04

Noodles And Company To Close 55 Stores Nationwide: Metro Detroit Locations On Chopping Block

Exactly which locations has not been disclosed yet.

I guess I'm part of the problem, because I've never been to one.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Article Re: Noodles Closing 10% of Locations

Post by Death Roe 2017-02-15, 10:12

I went once on a bad date like 7 years ago.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-02-15, 10:13

I don't mind a trip to the Noodles on Grand River periodically.. probably hit it up once every couple of months.

that one always seems pretty packed.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-02-15, 10:16

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I don't mind a trip to the Noodles on Grand River periodically.. probably hit it up once every couple of months.

that one always seems pretty packed.

I'm guessing they probably do well in college towns.  Maybe not so much in suburbia.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-02-15, 10:26

Never been.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake 2017-02-15, 10:26

Didn't Noodles and Company purchase Conrad's main location on Grand River? I hope they go out of business for their crimes against Conrad's.
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-02-15, 10:27

Noodles reminds me of Panera. Overpriced suburban comfort food.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-02-15, 10:42

My wife craved it in the hospital after spitting one of our hellions out of her vag. I got her carryout from there and brought it back to her. That's all I got.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-02-15, 10:42

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Noodles reminds me of Panera. Overpriced suburban comfort food.

This. Panera sucks.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-02-15, 10:43

Never been to one.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-02-15, 10:44

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:My wife craved it in the hospital after spitting one of our hellions out of her vag. I got her carryout from there and brought it back to her. That's all I got.

Wait what?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-02-15, 10:47

That's where they come out Trav.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-02-15, 10:50

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:That's where they come out Trav.

I'm pretty sure they come out of the butt hole.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-02-15, 10:54

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:My wife craved it in the hospital after spitting one of our hellions out of her vag. I got her carryout from there and brought it back to her. That's all I got.

Wait what?

Yeah, that caught my eye, too. Now I really wanna see a vag that can spit. Not squirt... spit.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by By-Tor 2017-02-15, 11:35

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Noodles reminds me of Panera. Overpriced suburban comfort food.
Family wanted Panera a little while ago. I said OK. We get rung up and its damn near $40. WTF. $40 and i have to wait on myself? Fuck that noise. To top it all off, my soup bowl was half full and my salad had maybe 10 pieces of lettuce in it and hardly any dressing. We all left hungry. Fuck that place.
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2017-02-15, 11:36

By-Tor wrote:
Family wanted Panera a little while ago. I said OK. We get rung up and its damn near $40. WTF. $40 and i have to wait on myself? Fuck that noise. To top it all off, my soup bowl was half full and my salad had maybe 10 pieces of lettuce in it and hardly any dressing. We all left hungry. Fuck that place.

lol! your right though
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainSlow33 2017-02-15, 11:39

Guessing some of the older Metro Detroit locations will be Michigan's contribution to the list. I don't hate Noodles, but it also wouldn't bother me if I never went to one again.
CaptainSlow33
CaptainSlow33
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-02-15, 11:48

Floyd Robertson wrote:Noodles And Company To Close 55 Stores Nationwide: Metro Detroit Locations On Chopping Block

Tom+Chee must be on life support
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by By-Tor 2017-02-15, 11:55

A little off tangent here, but man, prices at fast casual and eating out in general have gotten a bit absurd. I'm not sure how sustainable it is when places are charging so much for so little.
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-02-15, 12:11

Yeah, dumb question here. What do they serve in there? I was thinking like "Noodles" . They have shit like Panera?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-02-15, 12:14

DWags wrote:Yeah, dumb question here. What do they serve in there? I was thinking like "Noodles" . They have shit like Panera?

Mostly noodles.

Your instincts serve you well dwags. They are very astute. You should trust them more and not doubt yourself. Very perceptive. Impressive.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-02-15, 12:18

DWags wrote:Yeah, dumb question here. What do they serve in there? I was thinking like "Noodles" . They have shit like Panera?

Mostly noodles.

Your instincts serve you well dwags. They are very astute. You should trust them more and not doubt yourself. Very perceptive. Impressive.

Lol
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-02-15, 12:38

Mostly noodles.

So this is what I thought: smorgasbord of various noodles. Plethora of sauces a salad and bread bar. Serve yourself.

Close?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2017-02-15, 12:43

DWags wrote:

Mostly noodles.

So this is what I thought: smorgasbord of various noodles. Plethora of sauces a salad and bread bar. Serve yourself.

Close?

They now have salad?

fwiw, i know i made money off the stock when it went public, but could tell it wasnt sustainable
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeFanName 2017-02-15, 12:54

Terrible company

Was a aGM/GM there for 3 years. Took them to court multiple times before leaving the company - they do some seriously shady shit.

Filled a sexual harassment claim for a female manager I had on staff and it was documented on a legal pad that went into our office "files". I got an email from one of our HR reps to properly file the claim only to find out that the HR rep was actually my regional manager using a former HR reps company email - that rep hadn't worked for the company for 6 months. Called them out, called a lawyer, they said it was a misunderstanding.

A year later, our ventilation system broke and I was told by out new regional manager that we had to run the store as normal regardless (illegal and potentially deadly to do so with cooking equipment). Our entire staff went to the hospital for Carbon Monoxide poisoning and my job was threatened for refusing to re-open the store until it was fixed and CO levels were checked. Called a lawyer, called my regional manager again, was told she didn't understand the severity of CO poisoning (she claims she didn't know CO is emitted from industrial cooking equipment)

When I left the company, they refused to pay my PTO until I pointed out their contract and benefits material that explicitly said all PTO is paid out for voluntary or involuntary resignation. They said the policy changed, except I had copies of the original documents and the were different form the ones they presented me during our dispute. Called a lawyer, contacted Noodles again, was told it was a misunderstanding and got my money.

They deserve to go bankrupt
SomeFanName
SomeFanName
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-02-15, 12:55

SomeFanName wrote:Terrible company

Was a aGM/GM there for 3 years. Took them to court multiple times before leaving the company - they do some seriously shady shit.

Filled a sexual harassment claim for a female manager I had on staff and it was documented on a legal pad that went into our office "files". I got an email from one of our HR reps to properly file the claim only to find out that the HR rep was actually my regional manager using a former HR reps company email - that rep hadn't worked for the company for 6 months. Called them out, called a lawyer, they said it was a misunderstanding.

A year later, our ventilation system broke and I was told by out new regional manager that we had to run the store as normal regardless (illegal and potentially deadly to do so with cooking equipment). Our entire staff went to the hospital for Carbon Monoxide poisoning and my job was threatened for refusing to re-open the store until it was fixed and CO levels were checked. Called a lawyer, called my regional manager again, was told she didn't understand the severity of CO poisoning (she claims she didn't know CO is emitted from industrial cooking equipment)

When I left the company, they refused to pay my PTO until I pointed out their contract and benefits material that explicitly said all PTO is paid out for voluntary or involuntary resignation. They said the policy changed, except I had copies of the original documents and the were different form the ones they presented me during our dispute. Called a lawyer, contacted Noodles again, was told it was a misunderstanding and got my money.

They deserve to go bankrupt
way to use your noodle.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-02-15, 13:16

DWags wrote:

Mostly noodles.

Close?

Honestly it's been like 10 years, I have no idea.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-02-15, 14:23

Mostly noodles.

lol!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-02-15, 14:32

It's been a long fucking time since I've had some Ramen. Probably like 20 years. Same thing with those frozen burritos you could get at Meijer for a $1.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-02-15, 14:39

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:It's been a long fucking time since I've had some Ramen. Probably like 20 years. Same thing with those frozen burritos you could get at Meijer for a $1.
speaking of frozen burritos, I pick up some of the Amy's organic burritos from time to time. They're handy to have around - rather simple with regard to ingredients. Higher in protein, etc - they're about 3 bucks a pop though.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-02-15, 14:42

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:It's been a long fucking time since I've had some Ramen. Probably like 20 years. Same thing with those frozen burritos you could get at Meijer for a $1.

I'm so old, Ramen wasn't even yet a thing in college. I've never had it.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2017-02-15, 15:30

GRR Spartan wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:Noodles And Company To Close 55 Stores Nationwide: Metro Detroit Locations On Chopping Block

Tom+Chee must be on life support

Don't forget about Naf Naf Grill. No I didn't just make that up its actually a chain (one just opened in a suburb near me).

http://www.nafnafgrill.com/
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-02-15, 16:33

Floyd Robertson wrote:

I'm so old, Ramen wasn't even yet a thing in college. I've never had it.

Must have come out right after us. I can remember buying Kroger Cost Cutter Mac & Cheese for 22 cents/box and ramen @ 4/$1. I can't recall when I added the instant ramen to my menu. Must've been right after college when I was still struggling.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2017-02-15, 18:06

Haven't been there in years but the one in Troy seems to be doing pretty good business most times I drive by.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down