Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hillary - Trump Debates redone.....

+8
I.B. Fine
Watch Out Pylon!
GRR Spartan
DWags
Herbie Green
Travis of the Cosmos
Cameron
NigelUno
12 posters

Go down

Hillary - Trump Debates redone..... Empty Hillary - Trump Debates redone.....

Post by Guest 3/7/2017, 7:41 pm

....this is interesting.

Academics swapped gender of Trump, Clinton for restaged presidential debate and the results surprised them

This is fascinating. A professor of economics named Maria Guadalupe was watching the presidential debates last year and had a thought. What if Trump were a woman and Hillary were a man? How would that change people’s perceptions of the exchanges in the debates?

With the help of Joe Salvatore, a professor who specializes in something called ethnodrama, Guadalupe set up a recreation of sections of the original debates using actors to play the roles of Trump, Clinton and the moderator. All the words the actors spoke were taken from transcripts. The candidates’ body language and delivery were studied and the actors did their best to match it moment-to-moment to video feeds from the actual debates. The only difference was that Donald Trump was now a woman renamed Brenda King while Hillary was now a man dubbed Jonathan Gordon.

Initially, both Guadalupe and Salvatore had little doubt what the experiment would reveal, i.e. Trump’s behavior would never be tolerated coming from a woman while Clinton’s competence would be even more obvious coming from a man. But as rehearsals for the performance of the reimagined debates went on, Guadalupe and Salvatore were surprised by what they were feeling about the two candidates. It turned out the woman version of Trump seemed more likable than they had imagined. Salvatore told Guadalupe during rehearsals, “I kind of want to have a beer with her!”

When the debate was actually performed, for a crowd of mostly academics, the audience was somewhat bewildered.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Hillary - Trump Debates redone..... Empty Re: Hillary - Trump Debates redone.....

Post by NigelUno 3/7/2017, 7:49 pm

Broken.

Hillary - Trump Debates redone..... 1f1f7-1f1fa
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Hillary - Trump Debates redone..... Empty Re: Hillary - Trump Debates redone.....

Post by Cameron 3/7/2017, 8:05 pm

Interesting. I'm actually not surprised that Trump is more likable as a woman. I'm also not surprised that male Hillary makes people feel punchy.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 3/7/2017, 8:14 pm

What if they both had to ride on horses while they debated??? Or if people randomly shot ping pong balls at their faces???

a) what a stupid waste of time irrelevant study. Changing a fundamental dynamic then pretending everything else would be the same when it so clearly wouldn't be is just a silly waste of time. b) way to play like Don by ignoring the disaster around you and continuing to talk about the election instead
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 3/7/2017, 8:26 pm

Does this make republicans better than democrats?
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 3/7/2017, 8:48 pm

Herbie Green wrote:Does this make republicans better than democrats?

This makes much of America unable to hear the words without seeing the person. 2017. Candidates consult fashion designers to figure out what to wear at various appearances.

Interesting? Depressing. And it's still why I know certain segments of society got so angry and intimidated by a woman's march. Made fun of it like we heard the pathetic jokes of racists after the million man march

It's the words. Listen to the words.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 3/7/2017, 9:18 pm

Lowest common denominator appeal to weave into the GOP narrative that Russia nd wikileaks had nothing to do with the elections outcome.

Trump won because folks liked the smarmy guy with the long red tie.
Pay no attention to the DNC hack ir emails from wikileaks.

GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 3/7/2017, 10:20 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:What if they both had to ride on horses while they debated??? Or if people randomly shot ping pong balls at their faces???

a) what a stupid waste of time irrelevant study. Changing a fundamental dynamic then pretending everything else would be the same when it so clearly wouldn't be is just a silly waste of time. b) way to play like Don by ignoring the disaster around you and continuing to talk about the election instead

lol, nah - I've just decided not to join the freak out. Just like 92.35% of America.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 3/7/2017, 10:33 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:What if they both had to ride on horses while they debated??? Or if people randomly shot ping pong balls at their faces???

lol, nah - I've just decided not to join the freak out. Just like 92.35% of America.

Can someone translate this for me? If I had to guess, "Libs are stupid and hysterical. Trump is always right. I love Russia!"
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 3/7/2017, 10:38 pm

LooseGoose wrote:

Yeah...if you were freaking out, you'd probably just tweet some lies to try and change the narrative...

You seem to have dropped your FAKE NEWS schtick. Any reason?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 3/8/2017, 8:35 am

LooseGoose wrote:

91.28% of Americans are either misinformed, casually informed, or don't care. You're part of the awful 1.07% with Paul Ryan who are fully aware of how bad trump is but ignore it because it might further one of two of their political goals. In your case abortion, in Ryan's case fucking poor people to give further tax breaks to rich people.

Anyway, feel free to keep ignoring reality and playing in fantasy land. Maybe next time you'll tell me what would have happened if one was a tiger and one was a bear. It is a free country after all.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 3/8/2017, 9:34 am

No, I think it simply points out, to the surprise of those conducting this exercise, that Hillary is an unlikable person, despite her gender, and was an all around terrible candidate, which is why she lost to the "smarmy guy with the long red tie", not that the country is misogynist.

But those in denial will continue to bash the 'Deplorable' half of the country that voted for Trump as know nothing, knuckle draggers at their own peril.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 3/8/2017, 11:44 am

I.B. Fine wrote:
No, I think it simply points out, to the surprise of those conducting this exercise, that Hillary is an unlikable person, despite her gender, and was an all around terrible candidate, which is why she lost to the "smarmy guy with the long red tie", not that the country is misogynist.

But those in denial will continue to bash the 'Deplorable' half of the country that voted for Trump as know nothing, knuckle draggers at their own peril.

this. libs just don't and won't, get it. it's probably the saddest output of this election
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 3/8/2017, 11:53 am

I.B. Fine wrote:

I never understood why Dems pushed so hard to get Hillary their nomination. So unlikable.

I'm pretty independent and was all set to vote for Johnson until he went kind of looney tunes near the end. I finally broke down and voted for Hill Dawg just because I didn't want to see what is currently happening with the executive branch, but I didn't feel good about doing it.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 3/8/2017, 12:00 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
I.B. Fine wrote:

I never understood why Dems pushed so hard to get Hillary their nomination. So unlikable.

I'm pretty independent and was all set to vote for Johnson until he went kind of looney tunes near the end. I finally broke down and voted for Hill Dawg just because I didn't want to see what is currently happening with the executive branch, but I didn't feel good about doing it.

If the party would have been honest, it wojld have been Bernie. Was he too far left? Probably for the general election. But the party screwed itself. It basically cheated for Clinton. I honestly think they understood the Bernie phenom, but were legit concerned he was too far left. Believe it or not I think the muckity mucks in the party thought she was more moderate and more electable by the general public. I personally think there were people in the party, men, who did't want to vote for a woman, and many of lthe Non base people from each side were probably just sick of the Bush's Clintons type shit. I really think there were better choices the republicans could have chosen, but it is what it is.

So here we are. It's the Dems fault we had Hilliary.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 3/8/2017, 1:39 pm

Blanch32 wrote:
I.B. Fine wrote:

this. libs just don't and won't, get it. it's probably the saddest output of this election
Don't kid yourself, there are about as many on the right that still can't believe Trump won as there are on the left, neither group seems to understand the public disgust with 'Business as Usual' in DC.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by msugolfguy 3/8/2017, 4:33 pm

I'm not surprised, no one should be that surprised. I think Trumps economic message was clearly geared towards the people left behind. When Wal-Mart is the biggest employer in the US and a lot of these people once had decent manufacturing jobs it's not rocket science.
msugolfguy
msugolfguy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 3/8/2017, 6:33 pm

Lulz

Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 3/8/2017, 7:05 pm

Dat social female immunity.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 3/8/2017, 8:37 pm

I know.... white males are so repressed.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down