Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Movie reviews restaurant reviews etc.

+11
WhiteBoyHatcher
Clarett's Folly
Stoops21
MiamiSpartan
DWags
TheReal_LWS
Watch Out Pylon!
Death Roe
Cameron
tGreenWay
Other Teams Pursuing That
15 posters

Go down

Movie reviews restaurant reviews etc.  Empty Movie reviews restaurant reviews etc.

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:01 am

If you don't follow the reviews, then you're a moran, no? Rotten tomatoes usually knows what's up. Food snobs usually know what's up. If a place has below 3.5 stars ... Looking the other way. Why waste valuable time and money at second rate places ?

Obviously there are SOME exceptions but Google reviews usually tell the story. Am I wrong?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Movie reviews restaurant reviews etc.  Empty Re: Movie reviews restaurant reviews etc.

Post by tGreenWay Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:54 am

Trip Advisor told me tonight that Apple Jade in Frandor is permanently closed. That was a surprise to the employees when I picked up dinner tonight.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Movie reviews restaurant reviews etc.  Empty Re: Movie reviews restaurant reviews etc.

Post by Cameron Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:03 am

Movie reviews restaurant reviews etc.  40Idny0

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/star_wars_episode_vii_the_force_awakens/
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:06 am

Cameron wrote:Movie reviews restaurant reviews etc.  40Idny0

Great point Cameron, as I said, there are exceptions. This is a great example of one, thanks. Movie reviews restaurant reviews etc.  969504605

My best guess is those fucks have always Movie reviews restaurant reviews etc.  3434560931 to Star Wars so any resemblance of a bigger Death Star and some light sabers, they were throwing down 90%. That shit hurts their credibility.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:44 am

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Cameron wrote:Movie reviews restaurant reviews etc.  40Idny0

Great point Cameron, as I said, there are exceptions. This is a great example of one, thanks. Movie reviews restaurant reviews etc.  969504605

My best guess is those fucks have always Movie reviews restaurant reviews etc.  3434560931 to Star Wars so any resemblance of a bigger Death Star and some light sabers, they were throwing down 90%. That shit hurts their credibility.

Of all the Star Wars movies (including Rogue One), only IV, V, and VII are rated 90+%.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/search/?search=star%20wars
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:55 am

I don't really follow RT, I make my own opinions.

#HotTakeAlert
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:27 am

I use RT on movies I'm not really geeked to see. If it's below a 40% on the audience score I usually wait for it to come out on Netflix or HBO or whatever. Not that I go to the theater all that often anyway.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:29 am

I always rely on other people to tell me how I should feel about something. Anything.

-Signed,

Morans
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:49 am

Thre's always that friend you have where you trust their judgement about a movie. Sometimes you're the first one to see it, but usually word of mouth like "oh many you got to see this movie" or "Man did that movie suck."

There are so many damn movies out there now, I could care less if I miss one orr two great ones.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:25 am

TheReal_LWS wrote:I always rely on other people to tell me how I should feel about something. Anything.

-Signed,

Morans

Wait wut?

Signed,
Fox News
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:26 am

TheReal_LWS wrote:I always rely on other people to tell me how I should feel about something. Anything.

-Signed,

Morans

Irony of all ironies. Movie reviews restaurant reviews etc.  502811600
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:30 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:If you don't follow the reviews, then you're a moran, no? Rotten tomatoes usually knows what's up. Food snobs usually know what's up. If a place has below 3.5 stars ... Looking the other way. Why waste valuable time and money at second rate places ?

Obviously there are SOME exceptions but Google reviews usually tell the story. Am I wrong?
You are such a millenial. I honestly don't mean that as a rip, it's just interesting. I was recently reading up on marketing to millenials for a client project I was working on, and a big part of that was about millenials putting so much faith into online reviews. I don't have regular contact with many millenials in real life, so it's interesting to see the "Board Millenial" start a thread about this.

The problem with online reviews is that you don't know who's doing the reviews. A small restaurant with 10 employees could easily rack up 50-100 reviews from a few friends, family, and fake accounts. On the flip side, a waitress could spill a drink, and a guy gets pissed so he takes to reviews, creates multiple accounts, maybe gets others to bad mouth a place, etc.

Even with larger companies with tons of reviews, should be questioned. If, as mentioned above, any quick google search will tell you that millenials put a lot of faith in reviews, then any major company that wants to market to millenials knows that, too. Major companies will have millions of dollars to spend marketing to millenials. How much are you going to trust online reviews with that in mind?

Having said that, I'll look at reviews sometimes, but with a certain amount of skepticism. I usually ignore any 5 star or 1 star reviews. Just seems more likely to be people with agendas and/or attention-seekers. I like to read some of the reviews, not just look at the rating, in order to see specifics about the pros or cons of their experience.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoops21 Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:43 pm

The problem with restaurant reviews online are when people get super pissed they'll go online to hurt the business. I prefer hearing from friends or co workers on what to try instead of reading reviews. I'll glance at movie reviews but usually trust my friends. Reviews are helpful for products though but I often visit several sites.
Stoops21
Stoops21
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:38 pm

Yeah Miami you read the actual reviews. I don't mean this as a dig but come the fuck on. You can usually tell by reading the reviews whether it's some stuck up housewife not liking her waiter or if the place actually sucks.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:51 pm

I'm dumb. Misread the OP.

Last edited by Clarett's Folly on Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:15 pm

I watched Billy Madison (edited for cable) over the weekend with the 7 year old. It brought the lulz as usual.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:29 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Yeah Miami you read the actual reviews. I don't mean this as a dig but come the fuck on. You can usually tell by reading the reviews whether it's some stuck up housewife not liking her waiter or if the place actually sucks.
Yeah, if they actually say what they really believe. Sounds like you take reviews at face value.

But my point is that a lot of people will be pissed off about something that happens at a restaurant and give it a 1 star with a highly exaggerated bad review about all aspects of the place, even if the food was excellent. They're pissed. They take it out online. They have an agenda. If you don't think that happens fairly often, you're fooling yourself. Do you think 5 star reviews are all objective reports of experiences, too?
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:30 pm

Clarett's Folly wrote:Movies I've seen recently;

Hell or High Water was good. Not Oscar worthy but high quality. I'd easily recommend it.

Moonlight was good but in a brutal, soul crushing way. Not surprised at all that it won best picture.

A Cure For Wellness was an unmitigated turd. Stay away.

Hoping to take the kids to see Logan this weekend.

I normally like Marvel movies. Report back, interested in that one.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:37 pm

It's really good to see Bee back. I don't think you're wrong, with the food situation, OTPT. Entertainment is super subjective, so I'm not really on board with that one.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Triple Sparty Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:11 pm

When out of town, I don't eat somewhere unless four or higher on yelp. I stopped asking people for suggestions because I don't want them to be stigmatized with suggesting a place that rates three stars (and that I didn't eat at).
Triple Sparty
Triple Sparty
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:18 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Yeah Miami you read the actual reviews. I don't mean this as a dig but come the fuck on. You can usually tell by reading the reviews whether it's some stuck up housewife not liking her waiter or if the place actually sucks.

OTPT can see the word "the" and immediately know who, what, where, when, and why........

Oops, wrong thread. Thought I was in the OTPT Facts thread. My bad.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:09 pm

The_Dude wrote:
Clarett's Folly wrote:Movies I've seen recently;

Hell or High Water was good. Not Oscar worthy but high quality. I'd easily recommend it.

Moonlight was good but in a brutal, soul crushing way. Not surprised at all that it won best picture.

A Cure For Wellness was an unmitigated turd. Stay away.

Hoping to take the kids to see Logan this weekend.

I normally like Marvel movies. Report back, interested in that one.

It's a fantastic film. On a near-The Dark Knight level of greatness.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:10 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

-Signed,

Morans

Wait wut?

Signed,
Fox News

BODYBAG
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:01 pm

Never give a shit about movie reviews
Restaurant reviews...meh just look at the menu and pics of the place

Only review I'll check is the occasional top best/worst comment on Amazon
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:02 pm

CORNER BLITZ wrote:

Especially when buying restocks of 55-gallon drums of water-based lubricant, which ALAN RUCK OF FERRIS BUELLER'S DAY OFF died of.

:(
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:31 am

CORNER BLITZ wrote:Never give a shit about movie reviews
Restaurant reviews...meh just look at the menu and pics of the place

http://fakespot.com
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down