Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Has this team now met your expectations has it exceeded them, or are you still disappointed in it as of now.

+6
Death Roe
NigelUno
y2kMgrad
Other Teams Pursuing That
tGreenWay
DWags
10 posters

Go down

Has this team now met your expectations has it exceeded them, or are you still disappointed in it as of now.  Empty Has this team now met your expectations has it exceeded them, or are you still disappointed in it as of now.

Post by DWags 2017-03-18, 13:46

I think I was looking at a top three or four finish in the BIG, a semi final or final in the BTT and a sweet 16 back before the injuries. I dropped them a bit but still expected an 8 or 9 seed and a first round victory. So as average as the teams resume is right now, I think it's basically met my expectations. Especially after the injuries.

Next year this team plus recruits I expect big ten glory I expect a top 4 seed in march and I expect an elite 8 run or better. If bridges returns pressure is on Izzo for a FF in my opinion.

This year, I think they're about where I thought. I want two more victories will be bummed if we don't get them, but where did we really think this team could go?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Has this team now met your expectations has it exceeded them, or are you still disappointed in it as of now.  Empty Re: Has this team now met your expectations has it exceeded them, or are you still disappointed in it as of now.

Post by tGreenWay 2017-03-18, 14:14

Seeing as how my expectations were to see this team get better the deeper into the season it went, I'd say they've met my expectations. Despite freshmen inconsistencies, they still grew leaps and bounds from December. Yesterday's effort was a good example of what's possible, but tomorrow's game could easily expose their youth and the obvious lack of size, especially if Ward gets in foul trouble.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Has this team now met your expectations has it exceeded them, or are you still disappointed in it as of now.  Empty Re: Has this team now met your expectations has it exceeded them, or are you still disappointed in it as of now.

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-03-18, 14:15

Izzo has me spoiled so bad if we don't make the final four I'm disappointed. That's what elite programs do to expectations. Despite freshman injuries etc
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad 2017-03-18, 14:29

I expect Izzo teams to be good every year, and they are.
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-03-18, 14:36

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Izzo has me spoiled so bad if we don't make the final four I'm disappointed. That's what elite programs do to expectations. Despite freshman injuries etc

That's why he's the best OTPT
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-03-18, 16:21

Seems like the bandwagon added a few people.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-03-18, 16:29

NigelUno wrote:Seems like the bandwagon added a few people.

Really? Only four people have responded to the OP, including you. Care to elaborate on your observation?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-03-18, 16:33

tGreenWay wrote:

Really? Only four people have responded to the OP, including you. Care to elaborate on your observation?

It wasn't an observation limited to this thread.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-03-18, 16:34

tGreenWay wrote:

*Do not feed the trolls smiley here*
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-03-18, 16:36

I was asking a legitimate question. Not trying to start an ebrawl here. I thought the first three responses were legit.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-03-18, 16:36

tGreenWay wrote:

Don't bother talking to Nigel.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-03-18, 16:38

Yeah, you guys are right. Bad GreenWay! Naughty GreenWay!

I should be spanked.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-03-18, 16:43

DWags wrote:I was asking a legitimate question. Not trying to start an ebrawl here. I thought the first three responses were legit.

My expectations are basically Sweet 16 every year. Anything after that is a crap shoot. You can run into a hot team (or be the hot team) after that.

Once Schilling and Carter went down, I tempered my expectations a bit. Always thought we would make the Tournament though.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2017-03-18, 16:55

tGreenWay wrote:Yeah, you guys are right. Bad GreenWay! Naughty GreenWay!

I should be spanked.

Has this team now met your expectations has it exceeded them, or are you still disappointed in it as of now.  Dd7b52d0-3d2b-0132-0a5e-0eae5eefacd9
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2017-03-18, 16:55

this team has the talent for sweet 16, but they ended up sucking, so I am happy for this outcome
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-03-18, 17:03

Cameron wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Yeah, you guys are right. Bad GreenWay! Naughty GreenWay!

I should be spanked.

Has this team now met your expectations has it exceeded them, or are you still disappointed in it as of now.  Dd7b52d0-3d2b-0132-0a5e-0eae5eefacd9

Yes! Yes! I mean Ouch! It hurts so good!
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2017-03-18, 17:29

DWags wrote:I was asking a legitimate question. Not trying to start an ebrawl here. I thought the first three responses were legit.

Irony
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-03-18, 21:20

NigelUno wrote:

My expectations are basically Sweet 16 every year. Anything after that is a crap shoot. You can run into a hot team (or be the hot team) after that.

Once Schilling and Carter went down, I tempered my expectations a bit. Always thought we would make the Tournament though.

Can't say My expectations weren't changed with injury. I know some feel that you need to be able to overcome injuries. I think the injuries we got preseason really the look of this team.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoops21 2017-03-18, 21:33

There was so much hype with the recruits coming in. Losing carter and schilling hurt us so bad. The win last night showed that the future is bright and we are now playing with house money.

Stoops21
Stoops21
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-03-18, 21:34

Stoops21 wrote:There was so much hype with the recruits coming in. Losing carter and schilling hurt us so bad. The win last night showed that the future is bright and we are now playing with house money.

Atta boy. Good attitude.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-03-18, 21:47

I think the posturing and hand wringing by everyone is dumb.

Of course the injuries are a factor. With 2 healthy bigs that never played, plus no injuries early on to Bridges and Langford, not to mention Harris not going down....this team would have a good chance at the Final Four. Hell I'd back them at even money starting the tourney to make the FF.

Every single fucking year Izzo plays a brutal non con and the team faces early adversity. Every single fucking year the same dipshits freak the fuck out under some kind of misguided over compensation/self confidence personality projection. Every single fucking year Izzo proves his worth.

This year the ceiling is lower due to injuries. Tourney bid alone was gravy considering the adversity this squad has faced. But we have Izzo and we're spoiled. Tourney bid was expected, as well as it probably should have been, injuries notwithstanding. Anything from there on is gravy.

This is just common fucking sense to anyone with a brain larger than a pea.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-03-18, 22:42

WBH.? It seems like you also dropped expectations with injuries. I'm wondering do we need to win Sunday for you to say your expectations have been met or are we playing with house money at this point?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-03-18, 22:49

We were playing with house money once we made the tourney with this roster. No one should have expected us to even go out there and beat a 7/8/9/10 seed in the first round with the squad we're throwing out there.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-03-18, 23:05

I think Izzo has done an outstanding job of bringing these kids along. While the resume isn't great his coaching job seems better than most would give him credit for.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2017-03-19, 10:20

....so even though we lost to MTSU, and brought in the beSt recruiting class in msu history, we should count our blessings we even made the tourney? lol!!! so much sunshine!
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-03-19, 10:27

DWags wrote:I think Izzo has done an outstanding job of bringing these kids along. While the resume isn't great his coaching job seems better than most would give him credit for.

Lost one starter (Schilling) for the whole year.
Lost a back up (Carter) for the whole year.
Best player (Bridges) missed a bunch of games.
Lost another starter (Harris).

Still playing.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down