Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial we gonna find a head Hockey coach for us thread

+12
CheesySpartan
SawGreen
GRR Spartan
DWags
NigelUno
tGreenWay
Blanch32
Floyd Robertson
Watch Out Pylon!
WhiteBoyHatcher
Travis of the Cosmos
MattyFresh
16 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

tOfficial we gonna find a head Hockey coach for us thread Empty tOfficial we gonna find a head Hockey coach for us thread

Post by MattyFresh 21/03/17, 08:53 pm

alright boys as the unofficial on ice reporter I believe its my duty to start this thread. Lets get to work, send me names for me to vet
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

tOfficial we gonna find a head Hockey coach for us thread Empty Re: tOfficial we gonna find a head Hockey coach for us thread

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 21/03/17, 08:56 pm

Imma e fight with matty in this thread so hard
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

tOfficial we gonna find a head Hockey coach for us thread Empty Re: tOfficial we gonna find a head Hockey coach for us thread

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 21/03/17, 08:56 pm

Scotty Bowman
Toe Blake
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 21/03/17, 08:57 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Scotty Bowman
Toe Blake

Scottys too old and Toe's dead IIRC
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 21/03/17, 08:57 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Imma e fight with matty in this thread so hard
bring it on you good looking guy you
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 21/03/17, 08:58 pm

your skin is so soft i bet you bathe in milk you good looking son of another good looking guy
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/03/17, 09:00 pm

Frank Finn
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 21/03/17, 09:02 pm

LooseGoose wrote:Frank Finn

I don't know this guy but I am sure he's a worthy candidate if Goose suggests him
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 21/03/17, 09:06 pm

MattyFresh wrote:

your skin is so soft i bet you bathe in milk you good looking son of another good looking guy

I'm sorry I'm bad at e fighting have a good evening matty I love you
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 21/03/17, 09:09 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
MattyFresh wrote:

I'm sorry I'm bad at e fighting have a good evening matty I love you

Yeah you better enjoy your evening!
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 21/03/17, 09:10 pm

Zombie Mason.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 21/03/17, 09:10 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Zombie Mason.

I heard we cooled on him this past year
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 21/03/17, 09:16 pm

Anson Carter
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 21/03/17, 09:16 pm

Stu Grimson
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 21/03/17, 09:17 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Anson Carter

I think this will help with the recruiting of black hockey players
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 21/03/17, 09:17 pm

Too bad Shawn Walsh died in 2001.  Mason could have brought him back home from Maine and we would have been set until about 2025 or 2030. I was looking something up and came across some news that his ex-wife (Mason's daughter) passed away last December at the age of 53. Wow.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 21/03/17, 09:18 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Stu Grimson

I don't know what his brain cell status is so I will say its a pass
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 21/03/17, 09:19 pm

MattyFresh wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Anson Carter

I think this will help with the recruiting of black hockey players

CSB one of my good buddies named his son Anson. He didn't even go to State (in fact went to UM u/g). He just really liked the name. He is not black. Nor is his son.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 21/03/17, 09:33 pm

I'm going out on a limb, but I would like to see a guy who is currently a hockey coach, like a paid one, and not a volunteer, like community service or something, not him. but one that is being paid to coach a team by an officially sanction organization that had employ Ed hockey coaches in the past too. like a history of it.

oh and he doesn't suck
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/03/17, 09:35 pm

tOfficial we gonna find a head Hockey coach for us thread 1250499942_tree_branch_saw_fail
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 21/03/17, 11:15 pm

MattyFresh wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Frank Finn

I don't know this guy but I am sure he's a worthy candidate if Goose suggests him

Goose lives close to the UP so his opinion counts more because Yoopers love them some hockey.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 21/03/17, 11:17 pm

Also, I'd like to see them hire Gordie Howe.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 22/03/17, 07:23 am

MattyFresh wrote:alright boys as the unofficial on ice reporter I believe its my duty to start this thread. Lets get to work, send me names for me to vet

Danton Cole
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 22/03/17, 07:31 am

tGreenWay wrote:Also, I'd like to see them hire Gordie Howe.

He couldn't do much worse.

Too soon?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 25/03/17, 04:15 pm

Alright I am giving a call to Nate Leaman on behalf of the university
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 25/03/17, 04:26 pm

we paid Anastod 70k more than Providence pays Leaman
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 25/03/17, 05:05 pm

MattyFresh wrote:we paid Anastod 70k more than Providence pays Leaman

I think MH wanted to keep hockey costs down as long as possible in order to keep the highest percentage of money available flowing to the two biggest revenue providers. I haven't looked at the numbers, but would guess schools with larger fan bases/athletic dept donations channel more funds to the lesser revenue sports like hockey or women's bball. Like I said, strictly my opinion and guesses.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 25/03/17, 05:23 pm

Anastos was getting 235k base but near 100k in Apparel, TV, etc. money

by comparison...
Berenson 240k base
Pearson (Michigan Tech) 270k base

Anastos was a top 10 paid coach the last 6 years. I am currently penning a stern letter and I am using my really good pen.

tOfficial we gonna find a head Hockey coach for us thread High-Quality-Retro-Carving-White-font-b-Quill-b-font-font-b-Feather-b-font-font
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 25/03/17, 05:25 pm

We must be targeting someone still coaching.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 25/03/17, 05:36 pm

NigelUno wrote:We must be targeting someone still coaching.  
I walked through Munn yesterday, love the smell of that place
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 25/03/17, 05:45 pm

There is a "Glut" of college hockey talent according to many college coaches. More players than teams.

Sadly Anastos and staff couldn't put together recruiting classes that could win at least half their games.

If I was doing the hiring BGSU's Chris Bergeron would be signed before Frozen Four weekend.

He's 46, 10 years as an assistant at Miami and had won 20 games per season in the last 3 seasons. Pay him $350K for 5 yeas since he's got to fix what Anastos fucked up and have another $400-$450K for 2 assistants, a goalie coach and a recruiting coordinator.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/23/sports/hockey/ncaa-college-teams.html

GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 25/03/17, 06:01 pm

GRR Spartan wrote:There is a "Glut" of college hockey talent according to many college coaches.  More players than teams.  

Sadly Anastos and staff couldn't put together recruiting classes that could win at least half their games.

If I was doing the hiring BGSU's Chris Bergeron would be signed before Frozen Four weekend.

He's 46, 10 years as an assistant at Miami and had won 20 games per season in the last 3 seasons.  Pay him $350K for 5 yeas since he's got to fix what Anastos fucked up and have another $400-$450K for 2 assistants, a goalie coach and a recruiting coordinator.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/23/sports/hockey/ncaa-college-teams.html

I'll need a dossier
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 25/03/17, 06:05 pm

and the glut term is spot on, so many talented players for few teams, we need to increase the teams

a wise man once said
"if you build it, they will come"
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30/03/17, 01:43 pm

The Only Colors‏ @TheOnlyColors 12m12 minutes ago
More
Making the Case for Danton Cole as MSU’s next head hockey coach. http://www.theonlycolors.com/2017/3/30/15030864/making-the-case-for-danton-cole?utm_campaign=theonlycolors&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter …
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 30/03/17, 03:15 pm

Really a no shit article, but I am not sure about the whole eyeing talent at USNDT. There are regional tryouts and then you go from a regional roster to making the national roster, so you are watching the best of the best of the best which are all scouted by tons of different coaches and scouts. I am more interested in his x's and o's which shows up in wins and losses nad he's been successful in national tourneys. The fact he got more wins his last year at Bama-Hunts than TA got last year is a kick in the nuts to TA.
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05/04/17, 04:13 pm

Mike Chambers‏Verified account @MikeChambers 34m34 minutes ago
More
My son plays for George Gwozdecky so I'm not a reporter here, but from folks here at #FrozenFour, Gwoz indeed a finalist at Michigan State
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 05/04/17, 04:26 pm

LooseGoose wrote:Mike Chambers‏Verified account @MikeChambers  34m34 minutes ago
More
My son plays for George Gwozdecky so I'm not a reporter here, but from folks here at #FrozenFour, Gwoz indeed a finalist at Michigan State

I'd be happier with somebody about 20 years younger, or at least not older than me.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 05/04/17, 04:43 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Mike Chambers‏Verified account @MikeChambers  34m34 minutes ago
More

I'd be happier with somebody about 20 years younger, or at least not older than me.

This, unless Gwoz takes the gig and publicly recognizes he's just a bridge to the next HC. Given the size of his ego, that's doubtful. I like Gwoz, but he's not the future of Spartan hockey.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 05/04/17, 07:23 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

This, unless Gwoz takes the gig and publicly recognizes he's just a bridge to the next HC. Given the size of his ego, that's doubtful. I like Gwoz, but he's not the future of Spartan hockey.

Hollis decision to give Anastos 6 seasons of OTJ was a disaster. I wonder about Gwoz but if MSU is talking and he's listening its a move in the right direction. Much better than the flyer MSU took with Anastos.

My reservation with Gwozdecky is his age (64 when the season would start) but the guy is a winner. 1 NCAA ring with Wisky as a player, another as MSU assistant and 2 as Denver's HC. Give him $400K/yr for 5 years with another $400K for staff. Gwozdecky brings back instant credibility.

Danton Cole has less than breath taking numbers as an HC but either would a major upgrade. I was at MSU for Mason's first season. I had several players in a class and they said there was a massive culture shock going from Amo to Mason. I suspect Gwozdecky would be a lot more like Mason.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 05/04/17, 07:31 pm

good shit GRR, i agree
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next