Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat)

+26
PSUfan28
Heat Miser
Wally Fairway
WhiteBoyHatcher
Herbie Green
MSU addict
The Pantry
Turtleneck
InTenSity
Other Teams Pursuing That
Senior Dickfist
GRR Spartan
Tim Wakefield
Cym Jim
aualum06
tTy
NigelUno
Bob Lee Swagger
Rocinante
DWags
Watch Out Pylon!
Death Roe
Floyd Robertson
MiamiSpartan
tGreenWay
MattyFresh
30 posters

Page 14 of 25 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19 ... 25  Next

Go down

Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 14 Empty Re: Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat)

Post by tGreenWay 2017-11-13, 13:41

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Soccer is the worst and I hate it.

Italy lost to Sweden 1-0 and while it was only the road first leg, there’s some work for them to do on Monday for this to not be the worst World Cup ever

Quoting to preserve in perpetuity.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 14 Empty Re: Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat)

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-11-13, 13:48

I’m very stressed about today’s game.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-11-13, 13:54

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I’m very stressed about today’s game.

There, there.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway 2017-11-13, 14:00

http://www.ncaa.com/interactive-bracket/soccer-men/d1

11/19 MSU plays the winner of Virginia Tech & Air Force

Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 14 DOiDIYfV4AAWyCw
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-11-13, 16:14

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I’m very stressed about today’s game.

ITS NOT GOING GREAT
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-11-13, 16:43

Ugh. Everything is terrible.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2017-11-13, 17:43

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Ugh. Everything is terrible.
I'm sorry Travis, but I think it's wonderful that Italy missed out.  And pretty nice that Holland missed out.  If only Argentina didn't pull it out of their ass, that would have been absolutely beautiful.

But I feel for you, as my second team (Chile, via my wife) also missed out last month (same day as the US debacle).  

I suppose it's partly that misery loves company, but it's nice that next summer, at least globally speaking, there won't be much thought given to the US not being there, as all of the "I can't believe they're not here" will be reserved for Italy and Holland.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2017-11-13, 17:47

Michelle Kaufman‏Verified account @kaufsports
12m12 minutes ago

How about a World Cup NIT Tournament? USA, Italy, Netherlands, Chile, Ghana, Cameroon..pretty good field. @heraldsports #worldcup @miamiherald

MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-11-13, 17:57

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Ugh. Everything is terrible.
I'm sorry Travis, but I think it's wonderful that Italy missed out.  And pretty nice that Holland missed out.  If only Argentina didn't pull it out of their ass, that would have been absolutely beautiful.

But I feel for you, as my second team (Chile, via my wife) also missed out last month (same day as the US debacle).  

I suppose it's partly that misery loves company, but it's nice that next summer, at least globally speaking, there won't be much thought given to the US not being there, as all of the "I can't believe they're not here" will be reserved for Italy and Holland.

The Italy holland Chile and us nit is going to be sweet though
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-11-13, 17:57

Oh well there’s your second post I hadn’t read yet. I could delete it but nah
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-11-13, 18:25

An expat friend in Rome is in full-on grieving mode. I believe the word she's used a couple of times is heartbroken.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-11-13, 18:58

tGreenWay wrote:An expat friend in Rome is in full-on grieving mode. I believe the word she's used a couple of times is heartbroken.

It’s right around there greenway. Mostly the combination of them and the US though. I’d handle one without the other a lot better even though there’s no excuse for either to miss the tournament
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Senior Dickfist 2017-11-13, 19:06

MiamiSpartan wrote:A major professional soccer league should not be allowed to play on artificial turf.  I know that several MLS teams do, and a few European teams do as well (usually much smaller teams with limited resources in Europe and other countries), but it's terrible.  

Ok, yeah, it's better than the old school Astro Turf that the Detroit Express, NY Cosmos, and some other old NASL teams from the 70s/80s played on.  That shit's awful.  Like playing on concrete.  I've had my unfortunate share of soccer-playing on that stuff, from Flint's Atwood Stadium to Spartan Stadium.

But the field turf still sucks for soccer.

That's my cloud yelling for the day.

My knees are shot from playing on astro turf. I loved how fast it played, but damn if it doesn't destroy joints.

Field turf sucks because it felt like I was running in mud. Too damn soft.
Senior Dickfist
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2017-11-16, 12:05

American Soccer Needs To Burn To The Ground
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-11-16, 12:13

Heat Miser wrote:American Soccer Needs To Burn To The Ground

Soccer NIT!
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-11-16, 12:33

To be fair to the NIT, if they were to do that I have a feeling that it would turn out to be more like the Gold Cup than the World Cup. Basically you’d have teams full of 17 year olds that no one has ever heard of. Which is fine, those players need experience too (and in the case of us or Italy, moreso than the established players.)
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2017-11-16, 12:51

Maybe we could donate the Land Grant Trophy for the winner of the World Crap.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-11-16, 13:24

America? And $$$? No!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-11-18, 12:16

Salah is the leading scorer in the league matty I think that was a pretty good idea signing him for peanuts I dunno
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-11-18, 13:53

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Salah is the leading scorer in the league matty I think that was a pretty good idea signing him for peanuts I dunno

You are wise beyond your years Travis. 14 goals in 18 games plus however many FKs or PKs he’s drawn since he’s always getting tackled, grabbed, etc. Very nice ass whooping today
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-11-18, 14:24

I love him matty
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-11-21, 16:44

my eyes taste like burning Travis
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-11-21, 16:56

I didn’t get to watch the game but I really wish I had just checked the score at the end and said “all right that’s fine” instead of knowing what the score was the whole way.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-11-21, 17:05

3-0 domination, we parked the bus in the 2nd anddddd 3-3  Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 14 1401550746
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2017-11-21, 17:16

MattyFresh wrote:3-0 domination, we parked the bus in the 2nd anddddd 3-3  Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 14 1401550746
Parking the bus with Liverpool's defense?  
Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 14 Bndtll6IAAImO5b
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-11-25, 12:30

THE GAME is about to start #thegame
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-11-25, 12:48

Lots of American football being played today, Travis.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-11-25, 12:49

Turtleneck wrote:Lots of American football being played today, Travis.
I’d rather watch Liverpool vs Chelsea than watch Michigan and Ohio State constantly jerk each other off about how much they hate each other.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-11-25, 12:52

So you would rather watch two Euro soccer teams jerk each other off about how much they hate each other?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-11-25, 12:53

There’s nothing in the universe that’s nearly as jerkoffy as um osu turtleneck so it is an unfair question to ask.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-11-25, 14:30

Salah is so good matty defense is so bad. I’ve seen this movie.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-11-25, 18:54

Jon LeBlanc‏ @JLeBlanc_21 31s32 seconds ago
HALFTIME: MSU and Western are tied, 1-1. Hunter Barone with the Spartans lone goal and Pepe Martinez with Western's lone goal.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-11-25, 20:05

Spartans win 2-1, on to the elite eight, play the winner of Indiana-New Hampshire
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-12-01, 10:54

On BTN+, ELITE 8 matchup MSU vs FORKS DOWN, whom we tied back in October... 7pm kickoff TONIGHT

http://www.msuspartans.com/sports/m-soccer/spec-rel/113017aaa.html
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-12-01, 11:10

I adopted Egypt as my World Cup team matty and I like their chances in that group.

And by like their chances I mean that I only know one player on their whole team at this point but they got an easy draw.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-12-01, 11:12

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I adopted Egypt as my World Cup team matty and I like their chances in that group.

And by like their chances I mean that I only know one player on their whole team at this point but they got an easy draw.

LETS GO!!!!!!!!!
MO SALAHHHH MO SALAH SALAH!

I am right there with you

MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-12-01, 11:16

MattyFresh wrote:On BTN+, ELITE 8 matchup MSU vs FORKS DOWN, whom we tied back in October... 7pm kickoff TONIGHT

http://www.msuspartans.com/sports/m-soccer/spec-rel/113017aaa.html

OneTrueRival™️
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-12-01, 19:29

1-0 MSU!
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-12-01, 19:36

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:1-0 MSU!

FORKS DOWN!
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-12-01, 20:02

1-0 at half you guys. I guess our goalie is pretty good. #analysis
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 25 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19 ... 25  Next