Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat)

+26
PSUfan28
Heat Miser
Wally Fairway
WhiteBoyHatcher
Herbie Green
MSU addict
The Pantry
Turtleneck
InTenSity
Other Teams Pursuing That
Senior Dickfist
GRR Spartan
Tim Wakefield
Cym Jim
aualum06
tTy
NigelUno
Bob Lee Swagger
Rocinante
DWags
Watch Out Pylon!
Death Roe
Floyd Robertson
MiamiSpartan
tGreenWay
MattyFresh
30 posters

Page 19 of 25 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 25  Next

Go down

Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 19 Empty Re: Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat)

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-01-27, 16:45

We didn’t really want to win that one anyway matty
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 19 Empty Re: Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat)

Post by MattyFresh 2018-01-27, 17:00

just back to back stinkers really, I mean offensively we looked a lot better, more creative especially when Henderson and Milner came in for Moreno and Geene. Today, defensively, Can stinks at marking and we seem to never block crosses from wingers. Lets hope Klopp can fix this and we can see more consistency on defense.
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-01-27, 17:09

Should we panic buy one of the several players linked this month?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2018-01-27, 17:13

If Lemar comes our way I might get a semi, I'd like some young creativity.
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-01-29, 16:27

The Fighting Beckhams are officially going to be a thing. Well, not that name, but some yet to be announced name. But he's officially getting his Miami team.

I went to the event this afternoon. They gave away a few hundred free tickets to this, and they were gone within 2 hours. Luckily, I got mine within those 2 hours.

So happy for Beckham. It's been a tough time negotiating this Banana Republic's piece of shit corrupt politics. Most people would have said Fuck Miami, and move on. I'm glad he didn't. Having followed his career since he was a pimply faced teenager, it is really cool to see this come to fruition for him, and even cooler in my town.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cym Jim 2018-01-31, 15:32

Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 19 Pa-11987320
Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-01-31, 16:33

Wow, a defender with an own goal. That never happens. You got me there, Jim.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cym Jim 2018-02-01, 01:08

Come now, surely even United fans get a chuckle from that ugly c@nt, and that finish was beautiful! Don't worry, I'm sure Alexis will shine against Huddersfield and Newcastle, and you can all pretend that you no longer play shit football and can't compete with the big clubs.

Your chaps responded well after the first goal though, for 5 minutes, then folded. What the fuck was that? 3 shots all game, all of them in the first 5 minutes?  Fucking Moyes or van Gaal fought harder than that. Fergie must be looking into assisted suicide. You're lucky it wasn't 6-0.

I don't want to help you guys, but a) ditch Lukaku, b) put Alexis up top, c) surround him with Lingard, Martial, Rashford/Mata, d) teach them how to play together, which Moo seems incapable of, d) never bring Fellaini on - grow up, e) ditch that shit back four. How the fuck is that your back four? This is Manchester United, and you have Jones, Smalling, Valencia and Ashley-fucking-Young, in 2018? None one of those players would make the bench on a top six club . . . other than Liverpool, but they at least know they suck at the back. But let's keep buying attacking players and making them play shit defensive football, rather than having a solid defense and building it from the back. Poor fucking Pogba - he must be fucking furious. But yet again, big game, he does fuck all, subbed off . . .

Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 19 Bf106810cc254cc4d368fe3347a964b1
Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-02-01, 12:57

Umm. Ok. Thanks for your input. Glad you enjoyed the match so much yesterday. Do you have your Huddersfield shirt ready for Saturday or are you still wearing your Spurs shirt for the afterglow effect?
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-02-04, 11:24

Biggest game of the day getting started soon wooooooooooo!!!!!
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-02-04, 11:30

Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 19 Newcastle-vs-Liverpool
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-02-04, 11:33

Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 19 Giphy
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-02-04, 13:23

Well that was some hot garbage matty
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-02-04, 13:31

Matty. Fuck. I’m not happy right now. That was some serious bullshit.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2018-02-04, 17:35

Travis, I was watching earlier, fully engaged, and we got DICKED!
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-02-04, 19:38

Still kinda mad matty
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2018-02-08, 16:35

Watching Phillipe on Barcelona right now...damn his youthful aspirations Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 19 4177874726
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2018-02-08, 16:40

MattyFresh wrote:Watching Phillipe on Barcelona right now...damn his youthful aspirations Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 19 4177874726

he comes on at half as a sub, Suarez dinks a pass across the box to Phil and he magically directs it far post to the corner (announcer yells "oh the Liverpool connection!)
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2018-02-08, 16:44

MattyFresh wrote:
MattyFresh wrote:Watching Phillipe on Barcelona right now...damn his youthful aspirations Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 19 4177874726

he comes on at half as a sub, Suarez dinks a pass across the box to Phil and he magically directs it far post to the corner (announcer yells "oh the Liverpool connection!)

Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 19 3662518500

Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 19 Giphy
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-02-08, 16:53

Whatever I could have scored that
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2018-02-08, 16:56

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Whatever I could have scored that

Right! I watched my 5 year old nieces team play last fall, and if I had a nickel for every time I saw them execute this play...
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-02-08, 17:00

MattyFresh wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Whatever I could have scored that

Right! I watched my 5 year old nieces team play last fall, and if I had a nickel for every time I saw them execute this play...
Did one of your nieces teammates leave the team in the middle of the season to go play in a different rec league like an asshole?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2018-02-08, 17:03

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
MattyFresh wrote:

Did one of your nieces teammates leave the team in the middle of the season to go play in a different rec league like an asshole?

Yup, he was subbed out at half and went to the other league. Meanwhile my nieces team won the Champions League Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 19 969504605
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-02-08, 17:10

MattyFresh wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

Yup, he was subbed out at half and went to the other league. Meanwhile my nieces team won the Champions League Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 19 969504605
He sounds like a rat fucker
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-02-11, 16:10

Matty that was a weird game today because I kept waiting until the time I was going to have to clench my asshole all tightly after they made it 2-1 but it never happened
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-02-14, 15:28

Mo Salah Matty
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2018-02-15, 19:24

Travis, that was THE result of the Champs League s16
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-02-15, 20:01

MattyFresh wrote:Travis, that was THE result of the Champs League s16
You realize that 75% of the round of 16 matches are still yet to be played, right?
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cym Jim 2018-02-16, 16:05

Love the assassination of Pogba this week - "he's just Carlton Palmer with a fancy haircut!"
Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-02-24, 11:16

I was just making a post matty and then that happened because of course it did
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-02-24, 11:43

Okay everything is fine now which is nice
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2018-02-25, 02:20

Had not had a chance to watch the game after sleeping in from me and OTPT staying up till 5am watching the Gold medal curling match. I had ignored everything even our thread, out of all people who could ruin it.... I drop off a coffee at my mums, "did you see Mo's goal? big win" Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 19 2943907172
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-02-25, 08:54

MattyFresh wrote:Had not had a chance to watch the game after sleeping in from me and OTPT staying up till 5am watching the Gold medal curling match. I had ignored everything even our thread, out of all people who could ruin it.... I drop off a coffee at my mums, "did you see Mo's goal? big win" Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 19 2943907172
Your mum sounds like pretty much the best ever

United and Chelsea starting in a few
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-03-02, 23:10

There is absolutely 0 doubt that college basketball has way way way way more flopping than league soccer does. 

Fight me if you disagree. Also watch as much league soccer as you do college basketball. Then come back and disagree.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-03-03, 23:39

It's an interesting comparison, Travis. What soccer has that basketball doesn't is flat out diving without being touched. Flopping for a charge in basketball is akin to a soccer player that takes a slight bump and goes flying. That draws as much ire in soccer as a full dive, including by soccer haters, but I've never once seen anyone call for a flopper in basketball to be ejected or suspended.

Another interesting comparison is when a soccer player draws contact, such as dragging a leg to catch a defender's leg, etc. These are looked upon as just as bad as the diving mentioned above. But when a basketball player does a pump fake or leans into a player, they're being smart and crafty.

And while I'm ranting about soccer-basketball comparisons, one of my biggest pet peeves in soccer is when a player knocks the ball past the defender, then runs straight into the defender to draw a foul. 9 times out of 10 (or more) they give the foul on the attacker, even if the defender doesn't move into the player's path at all. Soccer should really adopt something similar to the legitimate charging rule (not flops) in basketball.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-03-04, 09:06

Agree with all of that Miami.

Also holy hell arsenal. Losing 2-0 to Brighton at the moment. What a disaster that I’m totally content sitting back and watching.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-03-10, 06:38

Dearest Miami,

Eat shit

Love love,

Trav and probably matty

Wwwooooooooo!!!!!!!! Leeeetttttssss Goooooooooooooo!!!!!!
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-03-10, 07:02

Yippee, a battle for second place. Congrats in advance. Still wondering why I'm up early just to see Mourinho puss out again. Smalling and Young trying to defend Salah should be some good comedy.

Either way, I still pity you.

Build a bonfire, build a bonfire,
put the scousers on the top.
Put City in the middle
And burn the fucking lot.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-03-10, 07:31

I like that the announcers keep emphasizing that Mourinho seems to think this game isn’t a big deal and Klopp says “it’ll never be over” (or something to that effect.) it makes me feel comfortable.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-03-10, 07:44

Well fuck
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 25 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 25  Next