Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat)

+26
PSUfan28
Heat Miser
Wally Fairway
WhiteBoyHatcher
Herbie Green
MSU addict
The Pantry
Turtleneck
InTenSity
Other Teams Pursuing That
Senior Dickfist
GRR Spartan
Tim Wakefield
Cym Jim
aualum06
tTy
NigelUno
Bob Lee Swagger
Rocinante
DWags
Watch Out Pylon!
Death Roe
Floyd Robertson
MiamiSpartan
tGreenWay
MattyFresh
30 posters

Page 21 of 25 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

Go down

Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 21 Empty Re: Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat)

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-04-07, 21:23

I guess maybe I'm not so glad I wasn't able to watch. Obviously, it means nothing. City will just be confirmed as champions in a week or two anyway. But going into the half, you know City and their fans were already starting their celebrations, so that's a bit fun.

What I don't get is that there were tons of City fans shown crying after the game? What a bunch of pussies. I think I was 5 or 6 the last time I actually shed tears when a team of mine lost. But ok, some adults get really emotional when their teams lose. Think of that famous OSU picture when we beat them in 98. That lost them a shot at the national title. How can City fans be THAT upset when they're still 13 points ahead with 6 to play? Yeah, it sucks to lose to a rival, but when you're 99.9999% guaranteed to win the title, who really gives a fuck?
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 21 Empty Re: Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat)

Post by NigelUno 2018-04-07, 22:02

MiamiSpartan wrote:...Yeah, it sucks to lose to a rival, but when you're 99.9999% guaranteed to win the title, who really gives a fuck?

Basketball
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2018-04-10, 15:58

GOALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-04-10, 16:17

So....it's Jesus and Mohamed with the two goals in this game, right?

Where's Moses?  Oh, that's right, Chelsea.

Edit: Fermino, going all atheist on the game.

Last edited by MiamiSpartan on 2018-04-10, 16:21; edited 1 time in total
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2018-04-10, 16:19

Bobby! 2-1! Goodnight

I think every player on Liverpool has a yellow, Miami
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-04-10, 16:29

Fucking A, Roma up 3-0 on Barca, making it 4-4 on aggregate, with Roma going through on away goals, if it stays as is.

And you Liverpool fuckers are going to luck out and draw Roma, guaranteed. It's like UM getting a fucking 11 seed in the Final Four.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-04-10, 16:36

MATTYTTYYYYYYYYGYY WWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOO
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2018-04-10, 16:47

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:MATTYTTYYYYYYYYGYY WWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOO

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-04-10, 17:03

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:MATTYTTYYYYYYYYGYY WWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOO
MattyFresh wrote:
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo

Is this some weird scouse mating call?
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-04-10, 18:50

WWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-04-10, 21:27

How does the so called "best Premier League team ever" lose as many games in a single week, as another Premier League team once lost in an entire season, across all four competitions?
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-04-10, 21:41

MiamiSpartan wrote:How does the so called "best Premier League team ever" lose as many games in a single week, as another Premier League team once lost in an entire season, across all four competitions?
Wwwwwooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

I dunno I mean maybe they’ve just hit a wall or something. They’ve still been pretty damn good all year until a week ago
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-04-11, 06:13

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:How does the so called "best Premier League team ever" lose as many games in a single week, as another Premier League team once lost in an entire season, across all four competitions?
Wwwwwooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

I dunno I mean maybe they’ve just hit a wall or something. They’ve still been pretty damn good all year until a week ago
No doubt, they will be deserved league champions, and credit to them. But t it shows how ridiculously premature the media circle jerk calling them the best ever was.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-04-11, 16:06

Everybody thought we were gonna be the team to choke up our lead... juventus just tied it up with real
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-04-11, 16:41

Well real won because the red gave a soft ass penalty in the last second and kicked out Buffon at the same time. Weak as hell to bail them out like that.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-04-11, 16:50

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Well real won because the red gave a soft ass penalty in the last second and kicked out Buffon at the same time. Weak as hell to bail them out like that.
Totally legit penalty, but don't fucking give Buffon a red there. Of course it's a shitty English ref. Michael Oliver is such a dick. I remember him a few years ago in a United-City derby, and Joe Hart grabbed him by the shoulder and spun him around while arguing. But in the 93rd minute he gives Buffon a red for bumping him so he can't face the penalty?

Oh well, I'm glad Madrid won, because they have the best chance to be Villanova in this case, the one to end this international nightmare. I still think you guys are going to end up drawing Loyola Roma in the semis though.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-04-11, 17:00

I think it was soft as hell. The guy wasn’t trying to play the ball. He just fell over. Whatever.

I’m with you though. If I had to pick a team to be my “second team” it’d be Roma so I hope we don’t play them in the semis. That’d be the most ideal final since losing to them at that point would be the most “okay.” (It’d wouldn’t be okay. I’d be very very mad. But it’d be more okay than losing like juventus just did.)
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-04-11, 17:21

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I think it was soft as hell. The guy wasn’t trying to play the ball. He just fell over. Whatever.

I’m with you though. If I had to pick a team to be my “second team” it’d be Roma so I hope we don’t play them in the semis. That’d be the most ideal final since losing to them at that point would be the most “okay.” (It’d wouldn’t be okay. I’d be very very mad. But it’d be more okay than losing like juventus just did.)
You should want to play Roma, or you won't be in the final (I hope).

The Madrid player was playing the ball, IMO. How could he not, he's by himself, 12 yards from goal. I think he was just trying to chest it down so he could kick it, while also shielding the defender.

Either way, Oliver is a piece of shit. Is it any wonder that not a single English ref was chosen for the World Cup?
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-04-11, 17:32

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I think it was soft as hell. The guy wasn’t trying to play the ball. He just fell over. Whatever.

You should want to play Roma, or you won't be in the final (I hope).

The Madrid player was playing the ball, IMO.  How could he not, he's by himself, 12 yards from goal.  I think he was just trying to chest it down so he could kick it, while also shielding the defender.

Either way, Oliver is a piece of shit.  Is it any wonder that not a single English ref was chosen for the World Cup?
It is not a wonder... at this point though I really don’t even care who we get in the next round. We can score with anybody and just held city to 1 goal (technically 2 but also technically 1 since the first also involved a questionable call) over two games. It might even be better to run into real or beyern now. Make em come to Anfield for a game. I dunno. It’s gonna be fun and stressful regardless.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-04-13, 11:01

Hey Miami

Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 21 Giphy
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-04-14, 16:15

It’s not officially announced yet but apparently Liverpool and Man U are going to play at the gigantic hole in Ann Arbor on July 28th. That is a thing I will spend a lot of money on. I heard about it a few weeks ago and have been so paranoid that it was going to be the same day my sister is getting married. Thankfully that’s not on the 28th.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-04-14, 21:30

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:It’s not officially announced yet but apparently Liverpool and Man U are going to play at the gigantic hole in Ann Arbor on July 28th. That is a thing I will spend a lot of money on. I heard about it a few weeks ago and have been so paranoid that it was going to be the same day my sister is getting married. Thankfully that’s not on the 28th.
I'm glad I don't live up there. Would be tempting to go, but I think I'd be nauseous being in that stadium.

United and Real Madrid will be playing in Miami, if the leaked match ups are correct. On the one hand, awesome!! On the other hand, I expect them to dick over fans on ticket prices, in addition to other big issues with those involved.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-04-14, 21:50

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:It’s not officially announced yet but apparently Liverpool and Man U are going to play at the gigantic hole in Ann Arbor on July 28th. That is a thing I will spend a lot of money on. I heard about it a few weeks ago and have been so paranoid that it was going to be the same day my sister is getting married. Thankfully that’s not on the 28th.
I'm glad I don't live up there.  Would be tempting to go, but I think I'd be nauseous being in that stadium.

United and Real Madrid will be playing in Miami, if the leaked match ups are correct.  On the one hand, awesome!!  On the other hand, I expect them to dick over fans on ticket prices, in addition to other big issues with those involved.  
Comerica for Roma (garbage puke) vs PSG was like $50 to sit in the front row behind the net. I’d gladly pay a ton more to be sitting right behind Klopp at the stupid hole. We’ll see what I can work out. Either way, Liverpool hasn’t actually been to the state yet so I’m beyond excited to go regardless of cost and that it’ll largely be youngsters playing.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-04-15, 08:18

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:
I'm glad I don't live up there.  Would be tempting to go, but I think I'd be nauseous being in that stadium.

United and Real Madrid will be playing in Miami, if the leaked match ups are correct.  On the one hand, awesome!!  On the other hand, I expect them to dick over fans on ticket prices, in addition to other big issues with those involved.  
Comerica for Roma (garbage puke) vs PSG was like $50 to sit in the front row behind the net. I’d gladly pay a ton more to be sitting right behind Klopp at the stupid hole. We’ll see what I can work out. Either way, Liverpool hasn’t actually been to the state yet so I’m beyond excited to go regardless of cost and that it’ll largely be youngsters playing.
I get it. That's awesome for you. Hopefully the 110k seat stadium and the fact that it is a WC year (lots of players won't be with their teams yet), means they keep prices in check somewhat. But this isn't PSG-Roma. I paid $55 for club level seats to PSG-Juve. It's the really popular teams where they dick over the fans. Last year was the first time that they went crazy with prices ($600 and up for Madrid-Barca, $150 and up for United games, all for the shittiest seats, with better seats much, much higher). In prior years pricing was fine, but I'm cynical now, especially for high profile games.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-04-17, 11:27

Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 21 Efc93010
MATTY WAKE UP

Somewhat reasonable to sit in that Liverpool section. I have access to a presale by having um family members so that’s helpful, hopefully we can get as low as possible. They go on sale to the public on Friday I think. I know sitting behind the goal lower isn’t exactly the greatest seat but it’s not really about watching a soccer game with tons of backups and stuff playing
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-04-17, 12:58

I'm surprised that they already have pricing released. I guess that was to UM season ticket holders?

I don't know if there is a pre-sale option for Dolphins season ticket holders. I am registered for the pre-sale through the ICC. They'll probably cost more down here for United-Madrid, but those aren't all that outrageous.

I would definitely recommend getting tickets in the Liverpool section. In 2014, United and Liverpool played here in Miami, but that was on only 3 days notice, so they couldn't really sell them like that as supporter sections. That year, the two teams with the best record from the other ICC games played in the final in Miami. As usual, United beat Liverpool in that final. Kind of sucked, though, as the short notice meant that neither team had a ton of fans. Only about 55K attendance, IIRC, but there likely weren't many United or Liverpool fans that didn't already live in Florida.

Trav and Matty, I don't know if you guys use twitter to follow that POS team of yours or not, but if not, set one up. Maybe instagram, too. Sign up for any newsletters, etc. that you can. There may be some sponsor events or something involving current or former scouse twats in the days leading up to it. I do sincerely hope you guys are both able to go and enjoy the hell out of the experience (it's a friendly, so getting your asses handed to you by United shouldn't detract from the experience of seeing your team live). Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 21 55953254
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-04-19, 08:38

I got 2 in the 9th row of the Liverpool section, not too shabby.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-04-19, 10:33

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I got 2 in the 9th row of the Liverpool section, not too shabby.
Nice, Travis. I saw that the presale started today for that game, but the rest of the games not until Tuesday.

I think it was UM being arrogant douchebags, and couldn't follow with the rest of the tournament. I clicked on a link from United for that game, just out of curiosity, and it took me to the UM athletic ticket site, so I guess they don't use Ticketmaster like other sites? Either way, now I have to buy a new computer after punching a hole in the screen when that website came up.

By the way, great to see the legend Andy Cole promoting it, but sad that he had to endure the UM fluff.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-04-19, 10:40

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I got 2 in the 9th row of the Liverpool section, not too shabby.
Nice, Travis.  I saw that the presale started today for that game, but the rest of the games not until Tuesday.

I think it was UM being arrogant douchebags, and couldn't follow with the rest of the tournament.  I clicked on a link from United for that game, just out of curiosity, and it took me to the UM athletic ticket site, so I guess they don't use Ticketmaster like other sites?  Either way, now I have to buy a new computer after punching a hole in the screen when that website came up.

By the way, great to see the legend Andy Cole promoting it, but sad that he had to endure the UM fluff.  
Oh I didn’t know they’d all be going through the um site, I guess that makes sense though. I knew I’d have to since I had to use my sisters disgusting um football season ticket person account to buy em. It got me an hour and a half headstart on the presale- which even then 9th row was the best I could do. (Bigger donors could buy them yesterday so that’s probably why.) In the other two sections it was like 20+.

It’ll definitely be nice to be there in person rather than watching on tv where it will be nothing but non stop um fluff. Anyway it’s gonna be fun as hell. Looking forward to it
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-04-24, 16:42

Could’ve done without those last two goals matty but we should be fine
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-04-25, 17:56

Fox released it's full announcer lineup for the World Cup.  It's interesting, as the first one not covered by ABC/ESPN since 1990.  Here are my thoughts on some of the pairings, as if anyone gives a fuck.

Broadcasting pairings for the 2018 FIFA World Cup™️ are listed below:

Play-by-Play / Analyst
John Strong & Stu Holden - There have been worse lead American announcers.  Strong isn't bad.  Holden is ok.  I really liked having Ian Darke as the lead guy on ESPN, and it was especially awesome when they had Martin Tyler doing games.

JP Dellacamera & Tony Meola  JP (I remember when he went by John Paul Dellacamera) should be the lead guy if it has to be an American.  He is THE voice of soccer in this country dating back 30+ years.  His voice instantly takes me back to some great memories.  I hated Meola as a player (3rd/4th best keeper in the US, but started because he had long hair and was marketable), but he was really good as a studio analyst for BeIn sports a couple of years ago.  We'll see if that translates to in-game color commentary (it sure as hell doesn't for Lalas).

Derek Rae & Aly Wagner - Derek Rae brings some British flavor.  He's also been a consistent voice for soccer in this country for probably 20 years, give or take.

Glenn Davis & Cobi Jones - If I've heard Glenn Davis call games, I don't remember the name.  Don't remember if I've heard Cobi do any games or not.

Jorge Perez Navarro & Mariano Trujillo - No idea who they are.  Maybe I've heard them call games, I'm not sure.

Mark Followill & Warren Barton - Don't know who Followill is.  Barton is ok in studio, not that great in games.

Studio Analysts
Hernan Crespo - I remember him as a player, but not sure how he is as an announcer.
Guus Hiddink - I think he's been ok, IIRC.
Alexi Lalas - Pompous dipshit.  Ok when talking about the USMNT.  A fucking disaster when they have him talk about European club soccer.
Lothar Matthäus - Lothar of the Hill People!!!!  That was a hilarious one-off SNL skit back in the late 80s, so when I would watch Matthaus in the 90 World Cup, I would always think of that.  Also, wonderful memories of him collapsing on the pitch after United scored two goals in injury time to turn a 0-1 game into a 2-1 win in the 99 CL Final and complete the unprecedented Treble (collapsing in anguish for losing that way, not collapsing with a health issue...I would never take joy in something like that).

Moises Muñoz - Who?
Kelly Smith - Who?
Ian Wright - Arsenal dipshit.  He does commentary for one of the networks in England, and he's said some nonsense...though there are worse over there.

Studio Hosts
Rob Stone - He's fine as a studio host.
Kate Abdo - No idea
Fernando Fiore - My man!  Love this guy.  Have met him personally a few times.  Exudes passion for the game.
Ian Joy - Manchester United academy product and US U-20 player (two reasons for Cym Jim to hate him).  Always thought he was a solid studio guy.

Reporters - No idea who any of these people are, except maybe Jenny Taft?  Has she done sideline reporting for college football?
Rachel Bonnetta (Digital)
Sergey Gordeev (National Geographic)
Maria Komandnaya
Rodolfo Landeros
Geoff Shreeves
Jenny Taft

Correspondent-at-Large
Grant Wahl - He's ok, not a big fan.

Rules Analyst
Dr. Joe Machnik - Meh, who cares.

No idea why I decided to waste my time writing all that.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-04-25, 21:24

Which ones are the guys that Fox always has as the lead for the CL games? I do not like them. They just sound like hipster weirdos that go out of their way to try to use “soccer words” like pitch, kit, etc etc as often as possible. It annoys me. Like, just be normal dude. You lay it on thicker than British announcers do because you’re trying too hard.

Anyway whoever those people are I don’t love em.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-04-26, 08:46

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Which ones are the guys that Fox always has as the lead for the CL games? I do not like them. They just sound like hipster weirdos that go out of their way to try to use “soccer words” like pitch, kit, etc etc as often as possible. It annoys me. Like, just be normal dude. You lay it on thicker than British announcers do because you’re trying too hard.

Anyway whoever those people are I don’t love em.
I think it is Strong and Holden. I don't think they go out of their way to use soccer lingo. It may just be that you aren't used to hearing Americans say it, but I find myself naturally using "pitch" and stuff like that when talking about soccer. Holden played a lot in England, so it's natural for him to pick that up.

As for Strong, I probably have a pretty low bar for American announcers. ABC/ESPN used to force some real indoors with no soccer calling experience on us for the World Cup prior to 2010 when they shifted to Darke and Tyler as the main guys.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-05-01, 03:33

Effing lunatic. Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 21 502811600

Sky-high commitment! Football fan who was banned from stadium rents a crane so he can still watch his team play from the air
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-05-01, 13:01

Floyd Robertson wrote:Effing lunatic. Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 21 502811600

Sky-high commitment! Football fan who was banned from stadium rents a crane so he can still watch his team play from the air
They get pretty nuts in areas like Turkey and Greece. Clubs elsewhere in Europe never like traveling there for European competitions. A few weeks ago in Greece, the owner of a team stormed the field after a game to yell at a referee....while carrying a pistol on his belt in full view of everyone.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-05-01, 13:42

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:Effing lunatic. Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 21 502811600

They get pretty nuts in areas like Turkey and Greece.  Clubs elsewhere in Europe never like traveling there for European competitions.  A few weeks ago in Greece, the owner of a team stormed the field after a game to yell at a referee....while carrying a pistol on his belt in full view of everyone.

Even British soccer hooligans are afraid to go there?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-05-01, 16:52

Floyd Robertson wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:
They get pretty nuts in areas like Turkey and Greece.  Clubs elsewhere in Europe never like traveling there for European competitions.  A few weeks ago in Greece, the owner of a team stormed the field after a game to yell at a referee....while carrying a pistol on his belt in full view of everyone.

To be fair, hooligans are just trouble makers looking to start trouble, not unlike the students from the directional schools that would descend on MSU the night of a big basketball game with matches, gasoline, and coolers full of frozen water/beer bottles, ready to riot.

But yeah, the fans are one thing. But when the local police at a stadium are clubbing opposing players in the head in the tunnel after a game, you know that everyone is taking it a little too seriously.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-05-01, 18:51

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

To be fair, hooligans are just trouble makers looking to start trouble, not unlike the students from the directional schools that would descend on MSU the night of a big basketball game with matches, gasoline, and coolers full of frozen water/beer bottles, ready to riot.

But yeah, the fans are one thing. But when the local police at a stadium are clubbing opposing players in the head in the tunnel after a game, you know that everyone is taking it a little too seriously.

Good point about hooligans being rabble rousers in general.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2018-05-01, 22:41

Travis I really should get your number, as I am watching the game I feel like your sitting next to me on the couch then I realize there is no couch it was my Uncle Harold.   Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 21 969504605

MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-05-01, 22:47

Matty I’m going to be driving back home during the game tomorrow. I’m teetering between going on lockdown and watching the replay that airs at like 9, and keeping an eye on it and finding a bar in bumfuck Ohio that has FS1 for the second half if necessary. I don’t know what I’m gonna do yet. Probably the second one because I don’t think I have the discipline for the first one for this big of a game.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 25 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next