Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat)

+26
PSUfan28
Heat Miser
Wally Fairway
WhiteBoyHatcher
Herbie Green
MSU addict
The Pantry
Turtleneck
InTenSity
Other Teams Pursuing That
Senior Dickfist
GRR Spartan
Tim Wakefield
Cym Jim
aualum06
tTy
NigelUno
Bob Lee Swagger
Rocinante
DWags
Watch Out Pylon!
Death Roe
Floyd Robertson
MiamiSpartan
tGreenWay
MattyFresh
30 posters

Page 22 of 25 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

Go down

Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 22 Empty Re: Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat)

Post by MattyFresh 2018-05-01, 22:52

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Matty I’m going to be driving back home during the game tomorrow. I’m teetering between going on lockdown and watching the replay that airs at like 9, and keeping an eye on it and finding a bar in bumfuck Ohio that has FS1 for the second half if necessary. I don’t know what I’m gonna do yet. Probably the second one because I don’t think I have the discipline for the first one for this big of a game.

lockdown is so difficult for me. I would go for a bar in Ohio, but I would bring a knife and hand sanitizer.
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 22 Empty Re: Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat)

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-05-01, 22:55

MattyFresh wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Matty I’m going to be driving back home during the game tomorrow. I’m teetering between going on lockdown and watching the replay that airs at like 9, and keeping an eye on it and finding a bar in bumfuck Ohio that has FS1 for the second half if necessary. I don’t know what I’m gonna do yet. Probably the second one because I don’t think I have the discipline for the first one for this big of a game.

lockdown is so difficult for me. I would go for a bar in Ohio, but I would bring a knife and hand sanitizer.
If I leave at the time I’m supposed to leave then right around 4 o’clock I’ll be in the Findlay area. Any word on who is in the Findlay LFC fan club that can point me to the right place?

Also you get tickets for Ann Arbor?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2018-05-01, 22:59

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
MattyFresh wrote:

If I leave at the time I’m supposed to leave then right around 4 o’clock I’ll be in the Findlay area. Any word on who is in the Findlay LFC fan club that can point me to the right place?

Not sure about Findlay, I had been to a Cinci bar one time that was full of LFC friendlies. I have not looked into Ann Arbor yet, you?
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-05-01, 23:16

MattyFresh wrote:

Not sure about Findlay, I had been to a Cinci bar one time that was full of LFC friendlies. I have not looked into Ann Arbor yet, you?
9th row in the Liverpool section. Cost like 115 apiece but whatever I’m gonna hangout with Klopp after the game so it’s fine.

Maybe I should just stick around town then. I guess it wouldn’t be totally ridiculous if I left at like 430 or 5.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-05-02, 06:19

Travis, don't you own a DVR, instead of waiting for the replay?

Anyway, I don't know about Findlay, but there's a BDubs just off 75 at Bowling Green, right across from campus. At least there was a couple years ago. They'd certainly be able to put FS1 on, and being a college town, might be more likely to have soccer-friendly people than some other meathead-rich football only parts of Ohio.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-05-02, 06:23

MiamiSpartan wrote:Travis, don't you own a DVR, instead of waiting for the replay?

Anyway, I don't know about Findlay, but there's a BDubs just off 75 at Bowling Green, right across from campus.  At least there was a couple years ago.  They'd certainly be able to put FS1 on, and being a college town, might be more likely to have soccer-friendly people than some other meathead-rich football only parts of Ohio.
You would think I would. But I do not. I don’t know how to explain that other than I didn’t think it would really be worth the extra $15 or whatever a month at the time and to this point I feel like I’ve been right.

Bowling green would be ideal but I think it’s a stretch leaving Cincy and catching the second half. Findlay might be too actually. Hopefully we’re just winning by 7 by then and I won’t have to do anything at all
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-05-02, 17:54

MATTY I JUST GOT HOME WWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-05-02, 18:11

Fuck Soccer.

And fuck Loyola Roma. Too bad you couldn't have played Swansea in the Champions League, they own you guys. Yes, I'm bitter, and not entirely rational. Going to be singing Viva Ronaldo for the next 3 weeks.

Well, at least Klopp has a huge tendency to shit the bed in finals. Hopefully that UM parallel continues, as the rest have.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-05-02, 18:28

UM doesn’t get that far, so busted.

And Roma should have played more like Swansea in the first game, just have 11 guys standing in the box the whole game. But alas.

As for the final, it’s gonna be 5-4 with some team winning it, let’s say Liverpool. The Real games I’ve seen their defense looks slow, like they won’t be able to keep up with Salah and Mane. One of the teams is going to race out to a 2 or 3 goal lead but it’ll be by no means over. But we have three weeks to talk about this and ruin Miami’s life so for now just wwwwooooooooooooooooo
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-05-02, 21:15

Umm, UM did get that far. Have you forgotten already? They got to play one of the worst teams to make a Final Four in quite some time, just like Liverpool. And UM has now lost their last 4 NCAA championship games, kind of like Klopp losing 5 straight finals.

It's all there for anyone to see. Just need Madrid to pull a Nova and save the world from utter despair.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-05-02, 22:26

MiamiSpartan wrote:Umm, UM did get that far.  Have you forgotten already?  They got to play one of the worst teams to make a Final Four in quite some time, just like Liverpool.  And UM has now lost their last 4 NCAA championship games, kind of like Klopp losing 5 straight finals.

It's all there for anyone to see.  Just need Madrid to pull a Nova and save the world from utter despair.
Oh basketball. Well basketball isn’t really what you were talking about when you made the comparison. Mostly because it doesn’t make any sense. UM football I guess but not really but whatever. Fine I’m not going to waste time arguing that. But basketball is way off base. (That’s baseball.)
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-05-02, 23:19

MiamiSpartan wrote:Umm, UM did get that far.  Have you forgotten already?  They got to play one of the worst teams to make a Final Four in quite some time, just like Liverpool.  And UM has now lost their last 4 NCAA championship games, kind of like Klopp losing 5 straight finals.

It's all there for anyone to see.  Just need Madrid to pull a Nova and save the world from utter despair.
Oh basketball. Well basketball isn’t really what you were talking about when you made the comparison. Mostly because it doesn’t make any sense. UM football I guess but not really but whatever. Fine I’m not going to waste time arguing that. But basketball is way off base. (That’s baseball.)
Basketball is definitely the comparison I was talking about and that I've been talking about for a couple of weeks. How UM lucked their way to the final. Why do you think I was calling them Loyola Roma, even before you drew them? I'm just talking the fortunate run through the tournament.

Yes, I've compared Liverpool to UM football in the past when there was the discussion of which PL teams are like which B10 teams. But seriously, with relation to the CL run (really more of a brisk walk), I was totally comparing it to UM basketball this year. Two second-rate teams in league play, making the tournaments into nightmares going on for wayyyyy too long. Now, I can only just hope they end the same way.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-05-03, 10:33

Your hatred feels very forced Miami. Like you know you’re supposed to so you do. But it isn’t real.

It’s not too late. Join the ride. Come, sit next time me. I’ll catch you up in the next two weeks.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-05-03, 13:04

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Your hatred feels very forced Miami. Like you know you’re supposed to so you do. But it isn’t real.

It’s not too late. Join the ride. Come, sit next time me. I’ll catch you up in the next two weeks.
Well, I'm not a nutcase that is going to literally hate a sports team, it's players, or it's fans, in real life, if that's what you mean by forced. It's just sports, after all.

But in a sports/competitive context, the hatred is not forced at all. It might feel that way to you, because I'm trying to cope by having fun with the comparisons for the sake of a little banter. You and Matty are good dudes (do NOT tell anyone outside this thread that I said that about you), so I don't hold anything against you guys for liking Liverpool.

Inside, it does make me sick, though (again, in the context of sports, not real life sick), and outside of this thread, I am doing my best to ignore everything about the Champions League. I don't hate Liverpool as much as UM, though. I grew up with a ton of UM fans around me (not in my family), so that's personal. I only grew up with one Liverpool fan. But that was still part of how I started rooting for United. So seriously, the hatred has been there for over 30 years. No one that I'd rather see lose, rather see suck, etc. It's not the same as my hatred for UM, which is more personal, but it's real. It all pales in comparison to my love for United, of course. It takes a special kind of crazy to put all of your energy into rooting against someone rather than rooting for anyone, but some do (*cough* Cym Jim *cough*).
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-05-09, 09:48

What happens to Pulisic this summer is going to be interesting. As of last week the rumor was Liverpool would sign him, now this week the rumor is that Man U are willing to give up Martial for him. Both have pluses and minuses (ignoring rivalries for a second here and speaking as an American. Sorta.)

Liverpool- he wouldn’t be a starter in the front three right from the start, so that’s the downside. But, Klopp rotates a lot and they’ve been lucky not to have any long term injuries to anyone except the front three this year. He’d start plenty of games and get to work in training with a guy like Salah. Klopp also has a history of actually improving players he works with.

Man U- Mourinhos record with young players lately is super shitty. Salah, KDB, Martial, etc. if they don’t get a new manager, and there’s no reason to think they will, I want him to have nothing to do with that. We’re gonna rely on him too much for the next decade for his development to risk being sidetracked by that. The upside for him personally is probably a ton more money and stuff, including endorsements and such. 

Honestly though maybe there’s something about MU I don’t know. If there’s some reason why MU would be a good idea for his development I’d love to hear about it from Miami. (Try to ignore the obvious you would just prefer him there personally. I tried to do that but I obvious know more about the pluses at Liverpool.) It’s almost like a QB going to either Michigan with their QB whisperer coach (who has never actually whispered to a QB) or MSU where the coach has a history of developing them but doing it less loudly. There’s also talk about him going to Spurs, Arsenal, or Chelsea, but less loudly at this point. And huge question marks at manager of 2 of them. I’m sure that’ll crop up more once we actually get into the silly season that is the summer.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-05-09, 10:34

Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 22 UTD_SKC_Match-Preview_1280x553-peach_0.jpg?CTFszT2
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-05-09, 15:00

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:What happens to Pulisic this summer is going to be interesting. As of last week the rumor was Liverpool would sign him, now this week the rumor is that Man U are willing to give up Martial for him. Both have pluses and minuses (ignoring rivalries for a second here and speaking as an American. Sorta.)

Liverpool- he wouldn’t be a starter in the front three right from the start, so that’s the downside. But, Klopp rotates a lot and they’ve been lucky not to have any long term injuries to anyone except the front three this year. He’d start plenty of games and get to work in training with a guy like Salah. Klopp also has a history of actually improving players he works with.

Man U- Mourinhos record with young players lately is super shitty. Salah, KDB, Martial, etc. if they don’t get a new manager, and there’s no reason to think they will, I want him to have nothing to do with that. We’re gonna rely on him too much for the next decade for his development to risk being sidetracked by that. The upside for him personally is probably a ton more money and stuff, including endorsements and such. 

Honestly though maybe there’s something about MU I don’t know. If there’s some reason why MU would be a good idea for his development I’d love to hear about it from Miami. (Try to ignore the obvious you would just prefer him there personally. I tried to do that but I obvious know more about the pluses at Liverpool.) It’s almost like a QB going to either Michigan with their QB whisperer coach (who has never actually whispered to a QB) or MSU where the coach has a history of developing them but doing it less loudly. There’s also talk about him going to Spurs, Arsenal, or Chelsea, but less loudly at this point. And huge question marks at manager of 2 of them. I’m sure that’ll crop up more once we actually get into the silly season that is the summer.
That's an awful lot to write about something that not's going to happen, but I guess I'll be guilty of the same here.

First Rule of Soccer Journalism: If you want to get clicks, mention Manchester United in the headline.

Second Rule of Soccer Journalism: In addition to the first rule, mention a rival of Manchester United's in a separate headline.

My opinion is that he would be extremely stupid to leave Dortmund. There's this disturbing trend of pressuring players in their teens or very early 20s that show potential, to make a big move. Pressure on clubs to get that next up and coming star, and pressure on the players when the dollar signs start calling. And then getting sold for big money when clubs are really just buying potential, puts enormous pressure on the kids to live up to their transfer immediately. Dortmund is a great club for development. He will develop best at Dortmund in the next couple of years, and then be ready for a big money move where he will have the developed skills and maturity to slot right in.

As for Liverpool, he grew up a United fan, so if he has any self-respect, he won't go there.

As for United, well, this is how you know it's all clickbait. He's a primarily left-sided attacker. We have an absurd over-abundance of left sided attackers, even more so after adding Sanchez in January. Any journalist that is not trying to clickbait would never bother with this.

But, FTR, Mourinho has played youngsters much more at United than other places (Rashford played more minutes than anyone last year, and is 4th on the team in appearances this year), but he doesn't really develop and nurture them. However, Mourninho likely won't be at United after next season anyway. He's never made it beyond 3 years at any previous stop. Year 3 is always when he melts down, and he's already bubbling under the surface. The only difference is that he's also always won the league in his second year, so maybe the meltdown is only followed by a league title. But if you ask me, all of the signs are there for his typical scorched earth exit sometime within the next year.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-05-09, 18:42

By the way, here's an example of the kind of clickbait bullshit that British papers run with. Mourinho, when asked about Pogba possibly transferring in the summer said:

"I think he's going to be here next season. That's my feeling. I can give the guarantee that I don't want him to leave. I can give you the guarantee that the club doesn't want to sell and I can give the guarantee that we don't have any approach from him, his agent or any club. "

Daily Mirror Headline: "Jose Mourinho cannot guarantee Paul Pogba will be at Manchester United next season"

Daily Mail Headline: "Paul Pogba's future remains unclear with Jose Mourinho uncertain he'll be a Manchester United player next year"

And those papers aren't half as bad as the Metro or Express when it comes to making up nonsense. You'd think Paula Lavigne is writing for these publications. It's always been a joke to me how bad the papers are over there, which is part of what annoys me so much to see it happening on this side of the pond.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2018-05-19, 12:28

What a day. The Royal Wedding followed by Chelsea vs. Man U.

I miss Matty No
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-05-19, 12:45

Nordic wrote:What a day. The Royal Wedding followed by Chelsea vs. Man U.

I miss Matty No

Matty will be back next Saturday as him and I get jubilously drunk in this thread all evening.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-05-25, 08:57

One more day you fuckers woooooooooooo

Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 22 Giphy
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-05-26, 15:35

Fuck these fucking dickhole dirtbag thugs.

Glad we made it to halftime with it still 0-0 so we can refocus our plan.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2018-05-26, 16:19

Pretty nice goal by Bale
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-05-26, 16:32

Was really hoping we could make it to July glossing over the whole “We don’t have a goalie” thing
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-05-26, 21:31

Update now that my festivities have winded down and I’ve been able to spend some time recapping....

- I hate Sergio Ramos more than anyone in the world. Even trump. Okay maybe let’s not go nuts... but anyway. Fuck that guy. He’s a garbage person and I hope he enjoys his ill-begotten medal. We were dominating that game before that.
- I feel absolutely terrible for Karius. I want to give him a hug and tell him it’s okay. Even though we’ll probably replace him now. But that was a possibility beforehand anyway. I mentioned somewhere on one of these boards that I was a goalie growing up. I know how much it blows/is great. Every mistake is blown up so much more than every other position because of the cost. Ronaldo fucked up plenty today but no one cares. #ynwa
- we need more depth so badly. All we had to turn to was Can who is literally out the door to Juventus tomorrow. A Pulisic or Fekir will be so ideal. Plus Allison in goal. I honestly believe that we’ll be back to this position soon. Hopefully it goes better.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-05-26, 23:34

Today was a good day.

Travis, I know you're upset, but GTFO with this "ill-begotten medal" bullshit. It was two guys fighting for the ball, shit happens. Salah hooked Ramos' arm first. Like completely hooked his arm around Ramos'. Did Ramos pull, yes. Did Salah hook arms before that, yes. Was there an intent to injure, no that's absurd. It was his other arm that got hurt, there's no way Ramos could have planned that. Not that Salah couldn't have done something had he stayed on, but making up 3 goals (or 2, plus pens)?
I mean, the unknown is undefeated and all, but come on, that's a stretch, especially since Salah hadn't done a whole lot himself up to that point (Madrid were actually man-marking him more than most teams do).
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-05-26, 23:39

Lol come the fuck on. Salah is focused on the ball and that’s it. You say he’s hooking ramos’ arm and that’s cute in a still picture but it’s just sort of running. And looking at the ball. Ramos had one goal in that interaction. Ramos is like “I’m gonna hurt you.” Just take a look at his smile as Salah comes off. Not to mention when he punched Karius in the face just before Madrid’s first goal.

Anyway, Madrid are garbage, the result isn’t surprising, and I hope for nothing but the worst for Sergio Ramos as long as he lives.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-05-27, 06:06

That goal where that dude flipped on his back was cool.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-05-27, 08:13

Don't like still photo, Travis? Ok, here's a video clip (on mobile, so I don't think I can imbed it).

https://youtu.be/JX-vNnV-FKA

Tell me again how Salah didn't hook his arm?

I mean seriously, if Ramos could have calculated in a split second, "he just put his right arm in here, so if I hold on to it while going down, he will twist and fLl on his left shoulder, separating it" then he has a better understanding of physics tha Einstein could have dreamed.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-05-27, 13:53

Salah is running and trying to play the ball. Ramos is trying to take Salah down. It’s not really that complicated. He’s a world class piece of shit. Fuck him.

Anyway.

I don’t understand how anyone in the world could be like “I do not love this man.” I love this man so much.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/footage-jurgen-klopps-defiant-song-14712578.amp
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-05-27, 16:11

So sad, Travis. Video don't lie, but you have to think you wuz robbed. Again, you think Salah was going to make a 3 goal difference in the last 65 minutes when he didnt do much of anything in the first 25? Quite a leap of faith, especially considering that Madrid were employing similar tactics on him that saw Ashley Young keep him at zero shots on goal over 180 minutes.

But yeah, that video of Klopp. Dear me, that's while Liverpool have been pretty irrelevant for over 25 years. Lost in the final, regressed in the league, and he's singing a happy dance....and you guys lap it up.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-05-27, 16:48

Dog, I don’t particularly give a shit about the hyper boring Man U take on shit. Neat no shit you think everything was super fine! The only thing better would have been if there were no goals at all and we got to watch Mourinho pick his nose or whatever the fuck!

Whatever. You picked a terrible club and now you live with your life choices. Enjoy your weekend naps. #youfuckedup #keeptryingtoexcuseit
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-05-27, 20:27

Umm, why are you making Liverpool's failures about United? And why are you making assumptions about what I like or am happy with?

Our season was an unquestionable failure. Still no worse than Liverpool's, but simply not good enough. I hate Mourinho (I'm on record as having never wanted him in the first place), but at least he isn't dancing and singing about being the First Loser.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-05-27, 20:31

Trying too hard to hate
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-05-27, 20:39

You just.... you know you’re supposed to hate, so you do, like a good bitch... but you’ve never had a good reason for any of it. Truth be told I think you could wake up and start rooting for liverpool
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-05-27, 23:12

Lol, this is the best you can come up with to try to deflect?

MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-05-28, 00:19

It’s a common refrain Miami. You try too hard. We all know this now
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-05-28, 14:18

I hardly even said anything negative about Liverpool in these discussions the last couple of days, but because I disagree with the nonsense about Madrid's win being ill-begotten, I'm "trying too hard" to hate Liverpool? Ummm, ok. I'd say the same thing about any team in those circumstances, but if the narrative helps you ignore the facts, so be it.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2018-05-28, 22:11

Opened this thread to see if there was any World Cup chatter and greated with a DSF Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) - Page 22 3493939353 No idea who is on what side...but the red dude pulled down the white dude.

About that World Cup... who ya got?
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-05-29, 12:26

Nordic wrote:
About that World Cup... who ya got?
I would think that we should have a dedicated World Cup thread as we get closer to it.

I'll give my two cents on some of the top teams. I think the tournament is pretty wide open. I'd say that Germany, France, Belgium, Spain, and Brazil all have very legit shots at winning. Maybe Argentina.

Brazil has a lot of talent, but no South American team has ever won a WC played in Europe. Of course, prior to the last WC, no European team had ever won it in South America. So who knows. They have immense talent everywhere. Neymar can dominate at times, but he's a little bitch. Massive pressure is on him, so it will be interesting to see how he reacts.

Argentina might have a legitimate shot, but only if Messi goes full Messi and completely takes over the tournament. He's never done that for Argentina in the World Cup or Copa America, however, so I'm not holding my breath. They lost their #1 goalkeeper to injury last week, and he wasn't all that good to begin with.

Germany is Germany. Gun to my head, I'd probably pick them to win it. I don't think they're the most talented, but they have the experience. They have the second best goalkeeper in the world, but he literally just came back after being out months with an injury. I'm not sure if he even played in any league games after coming back, so his game-sharpness might not be at it's best.

France is probably the most talented, and the one I would most like to see win, among any of the teams with a realistic shot. But their coach sucks ass. They have enough talent to overcome the coaching, but it is a handicap.

Belgium has serious talent, but they usually fall short. They definitely have a shot, but I don't trust them.

Spain has lots of talent, experience, and the best goal keeper in the world. They'll be motivated to avoid a repeat of their disastrous group stage exit in 2014. I don't know if they can quite take it to the level necessary, but their keeper can flip a game. He's probably good for at least one save per game that should be a goal against most other keepers. He's average on penalties, though, so if a game goes to a shoot out, it's a toss up.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 25 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next