Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hollis with the hand off then ducks out.

+11
SeeRockCity
duffy munn
Herbie Green
GRR Spartan
Wally Fairway
InTenSity
Watch Out Pylon!
NigelUno
Death Roe
Blanch32
DWags
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Hollis with the hand off then ducks out.  Empty Hollis with the hand off then ducks out.

Post by DWags 2017-04-03, 23:50

Looked like he didn't want to be there.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Hollis with the hand off then ducks out.  Empty Re: Hollis with the hand off then ducks out.

Post by Blanch32 2017-04-04, 08:23

deManning excellent scars hollis
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Hollis with the hand off then ducks out.  Empty Re: Hollis with the hand off then ducks out.

Post by Death Roe 2017-04-04, 08:24

Blanch32 wrote:deManning excellent scars hollis

scratch
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-04-04, 08:46

He's probably a bit distracted these days.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-04-04, 08:52

NigelUno wrote:He's probably a bit distracted these days.

I hope so. Writes a letter to female athletes on march 2?? Really.? I count six months between September and then.

Theory pm'ed me. Izzo steps in does both for two or three years picks his own replacement stays as AD for a decade.

Please speculate wildly. TIA.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-04-04, 09:00

DWags wrote:

I hope so. Writes a letter to female athletes on march 2?? Really.? I count six months between September and then.

Theory pm'ed me. Izzo steps in does both for two or three years picks his own replacement stays as AD for a decade.

The last couple of coaches turned AD's didn't work out so well. Just sayin'.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-04-04, 09:01

DWags wrote:

I'd say no. Seeing all the crap that Hollis is going through now would most likely dissuade him from taking the job.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-04-04, 09:11

NigelUno wrote:
DWags wrote:

I'd say no. Seeing all the crap that Hollis is going through now would most likely dissuade him from taking the job.

Izzo would have been on that stuff early.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-04-04, 09:28

DWags wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Izzo would have been on that stuff early.

He may have handled the last 6-8 months differently.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2017-04-04, 09:38

I don't think Izzo would be a good AD. I'm not sure he'd want to be AD. Maybe I'm completely wrong. I think he'd want to be some sort of an ambassador but he might also realize that he'd be overshadowing his replacement.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway 2017-04-04, 10:02

DWags wrote:

I hope so.  Writes a letter to female athletes on march 2?? Really.? I count six months between September and then.  

Theory pm'ed me.  Izzo steps in does both for two or three years picks his own replacement stays as AD for a decade.

Stupid proposal.

Here is what should really happen
Izzo steps down when he wants, and becomes an Ambassador for the University; and he defines that job in anyway that he pleases.
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-04-04, 10:17

Wally Fairway wrote:
DWags wrote:

I hope so.  Writes a letter to female athletes on march 2?? Really.? I count six months between September and then.  

Theory pm'ed me.  Izzo steps in does both for two or three years picks his own replacement stays as AD for a decade.

Stupid proposal.

Izzo steps down when he wants, and becomes an Ambassador for the University; and he defines that job in anyway that he pleases.

Just call it "The Iz"
I'm good with that.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-04-04, 10:26

Why is it "stupid"?

By the time the Nassar mess rolls through MSU Athletic Department is going to be in need of a trusted and beloved leader. That won't be Hollis.

GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway 2017-04-04, 14:12

GRR Spartan wrote:Why is it "stupid"?

By the time the Nassar mess rolls through MSU Athletic Department is going to be in need of a trusted and beloved leader. That won't be Hollis.

The Nassar mess may first take down Simon and the head of the medical college, Hollis is on the list but not at the top of changes that could be driven by that mess.
That is not {just} an athletic dept issue it is an MSU issue.
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2017-04-04, 14:29

Wally Fairway wrote:
DWags wrote:

Stupid proposal.

brilliant actually
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2017-04-04, 14:30

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
DWags wrote:

Disagree mason was excellent. JLS didn't work out bbecause of JLS idiocy loyalty. really paid off for him now.....
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2017-04-04, 14:31

GRR Spartan wrote:Why is it "stupid"?

agr33d. trust is gone. The Dowager Lady Margret, Countess and Prefict of Northumbria knows what I am talking about
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-04-04, 14:33

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
DWags wrote:

None of those were Izzo.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-04-04, 14:36

Watch over the next few months.
It's not so "stupid" it should be dismissed out of hand.

Izzo already has his former student manager then basketball video coordinator(4 years) then director of basketball operations (4 years) and current assistant athletic director Kevin Pauga in place who could do the day to day.

Nassar was a trainer for MSU athletics. Complaints from gymnatic team members and at least one softball player. Gymnastics coach leave in 2017 months after the Nassar story broke.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2017-04-04, 14:40

GRR Spartan wrote:Watch over the next few months.
It's not so "stupid" it should be dismissed out of hand.

Izzo already has his former student manager then basketball video coordinator(4 years) then director of basketball operations (4 years) and current assistant athletic director Kevin Pauga in place who could do the day to day.

Nassar was a trainer for MSU athletics. Complaints from gymnatic team members and at least one softball player. Gymnastics coach leave in 2017 months after the Nassar story broke.

And wasn't fires. msu let her retire. don't think the lawyers aren't going to let that difference slide
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-04-05, 13:37

Izzo could be a good AD because he knows MSU and how to run a successful program.

OTOH, he has no experience as an administrator and seems to be loyal to coaches to a fault. Could he actually fire Dantonio if MSU football goes 4-8 for the next X seasons?
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-04-05, 13:41

Herbie Green wrote:Izzo could be a good AD because he knows MSU and how to run a successful program.

OTOH,  he has no experience as an administrator and seems to be loyal to coaches to a fault.  Could he actually fire Dantonio if MSU football goes 4-8 for the next X seasons?

Hollis with the hand off then ducks out.  502811600

Such as?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-04-05, 13:52

NigelUno wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:Izzo could be a good AD because he knows MSU and how to run a successful program.

OTOH,  he has no experience as an administrator and seems to be loyal to coaches to a fault.  Could he actually fire Dantonio if MSU football goes 4-8 for the next X seasons?

Such as?

Bobby Knight and Bruce Weber. He made a point of publicly defending them and criticizing their administators
I
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-04-05, 13:58

Herbie Green wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Such as?

Bobby Knight and Bruce Weber. He made a point of publicly defending them and criticizing their administators
I

Hollis with the hand off then ducks out.  2714
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-04-05, 14:02

Herbie Green wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Such as?

I

Bobby knight he was pretty young and wanted to stay respectful I'm thinking. As a whole he was wrong. Webber he was dead balls right.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-04-05, 14:45

Hey Herbie?

How has Illinois done since getting rid of Webber?

I'll wait for your keen and thoughtful insight.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-04-05, 14:59

NigelUno wrote:Hey Herbie?

Not the point
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2017-04-05, 15:00

Herbie Green wrote:

Not the point

You have a point?

You are reaching pretty hard here Herbie.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2017-04-05, 15:05

"Mr. Izzo, looks like stadium concessions made a mistake and ordered 5000 fewer programs than needed"

Hollis with the hand off then ducks out.  Tom-izzo
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2017-04-05, 15:06

"Mr. Izzo, the contractors are coming in a little over budget on the new stadium renovations"

Hollis with the hand off then ducks out.  Tumblr_lx92gap6zH1qi5g0po1_400

Last edited by SeeRockCity on 2017-04-05, 15:08; edited 2 times in total
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2017-04-05, 15:08

"Sorry Mr. Izzo, we're out of coffee"

Hollis with the hand off then ducks out.  Izzo-mad-genius
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2017-04-05, 15:11

Mr izzo Larry nassar is on the line....
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-04-05, 15:20

duffy munn wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

Not the point

You have a point?

MSU just fired the hockey coach after many thought Hollis stood by his man too long.  The football program is currently at rock bottom and Izzo is very close friends with Dantonio and has the highest respect for him as a coach and a person.  Izzo has spent his entire adult life as a coach and appears very sympathetic to his coaching colleagues.  Is it really so far fetched to foresee a potential conflict there?  This is a hypothetical discussion of Izzo as AD to begin with so I don't understand your point about "reaching".  It is the first potential negative that pops into my head in this hypothetical and I am sure I am not alone.  
I suppose we could live in la la land rather than weighing pros and cons and then there is nothing to discuss.  And then the message board has no value as a place of discussion
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2017-04-05, 15:24

Herbie Green wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

You have a point?

MSU just fired the hockey coach after many thought Hollis stood by his man too long. The football program is currently at rock bottom and Izzo is very close friends with Dantonio and has the highest respect for him as a coach and a person. Izzo has spent his entire adult life as a coach and appears very sympathetic to his coaching colleagues. Is it really so far fetched to foresee a potential conflict there? This is a hypothetical discussion of Izzo as AD to begin with so I don't understand your point about "reaching". It is the first potential negative that pops into my head in this hypothetical and I am sure I am not alone.
I suppose we could live in la la land rather than weighing pros and cons and then there is nothing to discuss. And thrn the message board has no value.

If Izzo wanted to be AD I'm sure he would do a fine job. Preemptively worrying about whether he could fire Mark Dantonio is dumb.

You are reaching.

This said, I highly doubt Izzo wants to be AD. Working for 1/3 the pay with 100x the headaches does now sound attractive.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-04-05, 15:33

Herbie Green wrote:

Not the point

You said he seems to be loyal to a fault, and brought up coaches at other schools, not coaches under him at MSU. So whatever your point was in doing that, it was idiotic. And what was the "fault" in being "loyal" to Weber? You used that as an example. Explain it.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2017-04-05, 15:34

duffy munn wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

MSU just fired the hockey coach after many thought Hollis stood by his man too long. The football program is currently at rock bottom and Izzo is very close friends with Dantonio and has the highest respect for him as a coach and a person. Izzo has spent his entire adult life as a coach and appears very sympathetic to his coaching colleagues. Is it really so far fetched to foresee a potential conflict there? This is a hypothetical discussion of Izzo as AD to begin with so I don't understand your point about "reaching". It is the first potential negative that pops into my head in this hypothetical and I am sure I am not alone.
I suppose we could live in la la land rather than weighing pros and cons and then there is nothing to discuss. And thrn the message board has no value.

If Izzo wanted to be AD I'm sure he would do a fine job. Preemptively worrying about whether he could fire Mark Dantonio is dumb.

You are reaching.

This said, I highly doubt Izzo wants to be AD. Working for 1/3 the pay with 100x the headaches does now sound attractive.

This. Izzo only runs off players, never coaches. like hollis, he hasn't fired anyone
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-04-05, 15:41

NigelUno wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

Not the point

You said he seems to be loyal to a fault, and brought up coaches at other schools, not coaches under him at MSU. So whatever your point was in doing that, it was idiotic. And what was the "fault" in being "loyal" to Weber? You used that as an example. Explain it.

Bruce Weber really doesn't have a lot to do with the larger point I have gone into further depth on. Sorry but I am going to have to move on.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-04-05, 15:43

Why isn't Herbie picking stocks for a living.
He seems to be an expert on the future,
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-04-05, 15:48

duffy munn wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

You are reaching.

Wake up and smell the coffee. We are talking about replacing an AD (who also happens to be one of Izzo's best friends) for enabling a serial child molestor in one of the worst cases in history. The football team just went 4-8 and has a giant cloud hanging over it because of some rape investigation. They just had a spring game in which 10+ more players were suspended.
Sometimes you can be too close to a situation and that is why you hire from outside.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-04-05, 15:51

Herbie Green wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Bruce Weber really doesn't have a lot to do with the larger point I have gone into further depth on. Sorry but I am going to have to move on.

I think you probably got hit in the nuts a lot playing dodgeball.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next