Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hollis with the hand off then ducks out.

+11
SeeRockCity
duffy munn
Herbie Green
GRR Spartan
Wally Fairway
InTenSity
Watch Out Pylon!
NigelUno
Death Roe
Blanch32
DWags
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Hollis with the hand off then ducks out.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Hollis with the hand off then ducks out.

Post by Blanch32 2017-04-05, 15:55

Herbie Green wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

If Izzo wanted to be AD I'm sure he would do a fine job. Preemptively worrying about whether he could fire Mark Dantonio is dumb.

You are reaching.

This said, I highly doubt Izzo wants to be AD. Working for 1/3 the pay with 100x the headaches does now sound attractive.

Wake up and smell the coffee. We are talking about replacing an AD (who also happens to be one of Izzo's best friends) for enabling a serial child molestor in one of the worst cases in history. The football team just went 4-8 and has a giant cloud hanging over it because of some rape investigation. They just had a spring game in which 10+ more players were suspended.
Sometimes you can be too close to a situation and that is why you hire from outside.

10+ players????
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Hollis with the hand off then ducks out.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Hollis with the hand off then ducks out.

Post by Herbie Green 2017-04-05, 16:34

Blanch32 wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

Wake up and smell the coffee. We are talking about replacing an AD (who also happens to be one of Izzo's best friends) for enabling a serial child molestor in one of the worst cases in history. The football team just went 4-8 and has a giant cloud hanging over it because of some rape investigation. They just had a spring game in which 10+ more players were suspended.
Sometimes you can be too close to a situation and that is why you hire from outside.

10+ players????

Well I don't know. I tried to look it up to confirm and this is what I got from Seidel's column:

"MSU put out a roster with 86 players, but it felt like that roster was written in disappearing ink.
Fifteen players were on the roster but not in uniform.
Ten players were on the sideline in sweatsuits.
Three players and a staff member missed the game because they have been suspended for circumstances involving an alleged sexual assault.

Several other players were nowhere to be seen.
And one player was in uniform but didn’t play.
Which players were suspended for the sexual assault case? Who is suspended for other reasons? Who is injured? Dantonio wouldn’t say.
“We don’t talk about injuries,” Dantonio said, “and obviously we aren’t talking about any other suspensions.”
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-04-05, 16:36

SeeRockCity wrote:"Sorry Mr. Izzo, we're out of coffee"

Hollis with the hand off then ducks out.  - Page 2 Izzo-mad-genius

Hollis with the hand off then ducks out.  - Page 2 502811600 My personal favorite.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-04-05, 16:40

GRR Spartan wrote:Why isn't Herbie picking stocks for a living.
He seems to be an expert on the future,

No, but I could assess the risk and reward for you.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-04-05, 16:42

Herbie Green wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

10+ players????

Well I don't know. I tried to look it up to confirm and this is what I got from Seidel's column:

"MSU put out a roster with 86 players, but it felt like that roster was written in disappearing ink.
Three players and a staff member missed the game because they have been suspended for circumstances involving an alleged sexual assault.

Which players were suspended for the sexual assault case? Who is suspended for other reasons? Who is injured? Dantonio wouldn’t say.
“We don’t talk about injuries,” Dantonio said, “and obviously we aren’t talking about any other suspensions.”

Can you believe that? 10 players held out of a meaningless scrimmage for injury or other reasons? My God things have gone to hell in a handbag. I've never heard of such a thing in my life. Fire Dantonio. Fire Hollis. Fire Tieman.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2017-04-05, 17:12

LooseGoose wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

Fire Dantonio. Fire Hollis. Fire Tieman.

And fire future AD Izzo for not firing Dantonio.

And, as always, fire the black guy with the glasses.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-04-05, 17:17

Herbie Green wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

If Izzo wanted to be AD I'm sure he would do a fine job. Preemptively worrying about whether he could fire Mark Dantonio is dumb.

You are reaching.

This said, I highly doubt Izzo wants to be AD. Working for 1/3 the pay with 100x the headaches does now sound attractive.

Wake up and smell the coffee.  We are talking about replacing an AD (who also happens to be one of Izzo's best friends) for enabling a serial child molestor in one of the worst cases in history.  The football team just went 4-8 and has a giant cloud hanging over it because of some rape investigation.  They just had a spring game in which 10+ more players were suspended.
We went 3-9 last year herbie.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-04-05, 17:29

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

Wake up and smell the coffee.  We are talking about replacing an AD (who also happens to be one of Izzo's best friends) for enabling a serial child molestor in one of the worst cases in history.  The football team just went 4-8 and has a giant cloud hanging over it because of some rape investigation.  They just had a spring game in which 10+ more players were suspended.

Why do you hate Herbie?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-04-05, 17:33

LooseGoose wrote:

Why do you hate Herbie?
I just like to make sure we're all as accurate as possible here on swill.org
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-04-05, 18:20

FTR 86 players. 15 held out, 5 of which are suspended.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-04-05, 18:22

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:FTR 86 players. 15 held out, 5 of which are suspended.

Scrap it.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-04-05, 18:25

Oh you think you know everything. Herbie is on the verge of telling you to wake up and smell the coffee so brace yourself.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2017-04-05, 19:22

I think Hollis has done a good job (in the past) at building the brand, fund raising and facilities upgrades. He deserves that credit. He also listened to the backlash on the helmet logo. I don't think Izzo would be good in the areas that Hollis is good.

For Hollis, when times are good, he seems to thrive and strike while the iron is hot. But, when not so good, the outward perception isn't strong... and he doesn't exude strength. That could be a positive as a personal trait, but not the head of a large athletic department. Even with Anastos, I think Hollis fell on his sword and allowed Tom to resign to avoid firing. Who looks weak in that equation?

For me, if he showed some stones once in awhile in his own tactful manner, got back in the business of outwardly promoting the brand with his face on it (I thought his Twitter stuff was very good), he would have my full support. It's just the head scratchers that have occurred more recently coupled with his disappearance in media that has me baffled.

I don't think he likes confrontation.

SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-04-05, 20:08

SawGreen wrote:I think Hollis has done a good job (in the past) at building the brand, fund raising and facilities upgrades.  He deserves that credit.  He also listened to the backlash on the helmet logo.  I don't think Izzo would be good in the areas that Hollis is good.

For Hollis, when times are good, he seems to thrive and strike while the iron is hot.  But, when not so good, the outward perception isn't strong... and he doesn't exude strength.  That could be a positive as a personal trait, but not the head of a large athletic department.  Even with Anastos, I think Hollis fell on his sword and allowed Tom to resign to avoid firing.  Who looks weak in that equation?

For me, if he showed some stones once in awhile in his own tactful manner, got back in the business of outwardly promoting the brand with his face on it (I thought his Twitter stuff was very good), he would have my full support.  It's just the head scratchers that have occurred more recently coupled with his disappearance in media that has me baffled.

I don't think he likes confrontation.  

can anyone tell me what this even means? im not saying you're wrong, but what "perception of strength" am I looking for from a friggin athletic director? that seems like a whole bunch of hyperbole
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2017-04-05, 20:33

[/quote]
can anyone tell me what this even means? im not saying you're wrong, but what "perception of strength" am I looking for from a friggin athletic director? that seems like a whole bunch of hyperbole[/quote]

That when things aren't so good (softball record, forget the controversy; football bullshit, include the controversy; hockey travesty) there are no adjustments. I don't ever want to be Alabama or North Carolina, but I think a bar and standards should be set and adjustments forced by "the boss" when they aren't met.

The bullshit about time to re-build a hockey program is shit. Entire programs have been built in the time Anastos had to tear ours down.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-04-05, 21:02

Herbie Green wrote:

Well ok. I guess we don't actually have any issues on or off the field right now anyway so that is a relief
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-04-05, 21:31

Herbie Green wrote:

Well ok. I guess we don't actually have any issues on or off the field right now anyway so that is a relief

Scrap this program
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-04-05, 22:08

Herbie Green wrote:

Well ok.  I guess we don't actually have any issues on or off the field right now anyway so that is a relief
Why are you so defensive herbie
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-04-05, 22:15

He's just keeping it real Travis of the Cosmos. Herbie lays his ass on the line for the program unlike the rest of us slackers.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-04-06, 00:39

SawGreen wrote:
can anyone tell me what this even means? im not saying you're wrong, but what "perception of strength" am I looking for from a friggin athletic director? that seems like a whole bunch of hyperbole[/quote]

That when things aren't so good (softball record, forget the controversy; football bullshit, include the controversy; hockey travesty) there are no adjustments. I don't ever want to be Alabama or North Carolina, but I think a bar and standards should be set and adjustments forced by "the boss" when they aren't met.

The bullshit about time to re-build a hockey program is shit. Entire programs have been built in the time Anastos had to tear ours down.[/quote]
------------------------------------------
Based on team record alone, Joseph should have been fired years ago, but to use that against MH as a sign of weakness is a red herring. In the big picture, women's softball just doesn't matter. Nobody on campus is clamoring for a softball powerhouse except players, their families, and those who wish to use softball's failures against Hollis. In reality, not every sport supported by MSU athletics has to be a champion. Despite the big business that the major rev sports have become, for the lesser, nonrev sports, it's still about offering student-athletes an intercollegiate amateur athletics experience, same as it ever was.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2017-04-06, 06:11

Which 2 outside the threesome?
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2017-04-06, 06:14

tGreenWay wrote:
SawGreen wrote:
can anyone tell me what this even means? im not saying you're wrong, but what "perception of strength" am I looking for from a friggin athletic director? that seems like a whole bunch of hyperbole

The bullshit about time to re-build a hockey program is shit. Entire programs have been built in the time Anastos had to tear ours down.[/quote]
Based on team record alone, Joseph should have been fired years ago, but to use that against MH as a sign of weakness is a red herring. In the big picture, women's softball just doesn't matter. Nobody on campus is clamoring for a softball powerhouse except players, their families, and those who wish to use softball's failures against Hollis. In reality, not every sport supported by MSU athletics has to be a champion. Despite the big business that the major rev sports have become, for the lesser, nonrev sports, it's still about offering student-athletes an intercollegiate amateur athletics experience, same as it ever was. [/quote]

softball isn't abou5 winning. it's about spartans will. Joseph clearly falls outside of that vision. she is old guard from the 90s
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-04-06, 10:41

Blanch32 wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

The bullshit about time to re-build a hockey program is shit. Entire programs have been built in the time Anastos had to tear ours down.
Based on team record alone, Joseph should have been fired years ago, but to use that against MH as a sign of weakness is a red herring. In the big picture, women's softball just doesn't matter. Nobody on campus is clamoring for a softball powerhouse except players, their families, and those who wish to use softball's failures against Hollis. In reality, not every sport supported by MSU athletics has to be a champion. Despite the big business that the major rev sports have become, for the lesser, nonrev sports, it's still about offering student-athletes an intercollegiate amateur athletics experience, same as it ever was. [/quote]

softball isn't abou5 winning. it's about spartans will. Joseph clearly falls outside of that vision. she is old guard from the 90s[/quote]

Well, sure, when you put it that way.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2