Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Syria (or possibly Russia) used chemical weapons on its own people

+15
xsanguine
The Pantry
WhiteBoyHatcher
MiamiSpartan
Travis of the Cosmos
NigelUno
kingstonlake
The_Dude
AnomanderRake
GRR Spartan
DWags
Blanch32
CheesySpartan
Rocinante
Watch Out Pylon!
19 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Syria (or possibly Russia) used chemical weapons on its own people Empty Syria (or possibly Russia) used chemical weapons on its own people

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Tue 4 Apr - 13:25

This will undoubtedly end up on this board anyway, so I'll post it here. They also attacked the hospital where the injured were taken.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-39488539
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Syria (or possibly Russia) used chemical weapons on its own people Empty Re: Syria (or possibly Russia) used chemical weapons on its own people

Post by Rocinante Tue 4 Apr - 14:06

You mean "again" right. Obama let that shit happen all the time.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Syria (or possibly Russia) used chemical weapons on its own people Empty Re: Syria (or possibly Russia) used chemical weapons on its own people

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Tue 4 Apr - 14:08

Rocinante wrote:You mean "again" right. Obama let that shit happen all the time.

And this is why I posted this story here.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue 4 Apr - 14:10

But if people think that Rex Tillerson and Nicky Haley saying that the US is no longer interested in getting Assad out, and Trump happily embracing Abdel Fattah el-Sisi and saying that he agrees "on so many things" with the coup-installed dictator of Egypt didn't signal to Assad that he now can do whatever he damn well pleases... well... those people are deplorable.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue 4 Apr - 14:11

I'm ready for an american revolution. I know Bannon is goading it on, but I don't care anymore. Let's fucking do this thing.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan Tue 4 Apr - 14:27

Rocinante wrote:I'm ready for an american revolution.  I know Bannon is goading it on, but I don't care anymore.  Let's fucking do this thing.

Syria (or possibly Russia) used chemical weapons on its own people 1550444538 I need to start buying those freeze dried meal packets for the family ASAP!

EDIT: Ok, I just did a quick cost analysis based on this site https://www.mypatriotsupply.com/ and it looks like if I buy $10,000 of their survival food and gear my family and I should make it 8-9 months. I should probably check with the wife on this though.
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Tue 4 Apr - 14:42

Rocinante wrote:I'm ready for an american revolution. I know Bannon is goading it on, but I don't care anymore. Let's fucking do this thing.

lib tilt!!!
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue 4 Apr - 14:53

Blanch32 wrote:
Rocinante wrote:I'm ready for an american revolution. I know Bannon is goading it on, but I don't care anymore. Let's fucking do this thing.

lib tilt!!!

Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Tue 4 Apr - 15:41

CheesySpartan wrote:
Rocinante wrote:I'm ready for an american revolution.  I know Bannon is goading it on, but I don't care anymore.  Let's fucking do this thing.

Syria (or possibly Russia) used chemical weapons on its own people 1550444538 I need to start buying those freeze dried meal packets for the family ASAP!

EDIT: Ok, I just did a quick cost analysis based on this site https://www.mypatriotsupply.com/ and it looks like if I buy $10,000 of their survival food and gear my family and I should make it 8-9 months. I should probably check with the wife on this though.

I wonder if prepper supply sales have dipped as much as gun sales since Trump was elected. Are there left wing preppers out there too? If so and in equal quantities as right wing preppers the number should even out no matter who is in office.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue 4 Apr - 15:53

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
CheesySpartan wrote:

I wonder if prepper supply sales have dipped as much as gun sales since Trump was elected. Are there left wing preppers out there too? If so and in equal quantities as right wing preppers the number should even out no matter who is in office.

I've put more canned food in my basement and bought more ammo. Nothing too large but Trump scares me enough.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Tue 4 Apr - 16:26

Its all a big joke until people you know or their relatives are among the dead.

More Pax Amerca isolationism arrogance.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Tue 4 Apr - 16:30

Rocinante wrote:You mean "again" right. Obama let that shit happen all the time.

How many years of combat duty in Syria were you ready to volunteer to take out the Assad government?

That was the conundrum Obama found himself facing. Be tough committing boots on the ground while Iraq still had 1000's of Americans "peace keeping"?

GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue 4 Apr - 17:12

Well Obama was criticized for inaction so let's see what these guys do. Many of whom were the accusers of Obama's lack of action against Syria
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue 4 Apr - 18:47

DWags wrote:Well Obama was criticized for inaction so let's see what these guys do. Many of whom were the accusers of Obama's lack of action against Syria

Their action is going to be cheering Assad and Russia on. That's already clear.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue 4 Apr - 18:49

GRR Spartan wrote:

How many years of combat duty in Syria were you ready to volunteer to take out the Assad government?

That was the conundrum Obama found himself facing. Be tough committing boots on the ground while Iraq still had 1000's of Americans "peace keeping"?

Well. Personally I think active support for secular revolutionaries in Syria is much more worthy of boots on the ground than whatever the hell we were doing in Iraq.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Tue 4 Apr - 22:43

The problem Obama had and Trump has is the Syrian government has leased a naval base in Tartus to the USSR now Russia since 1971 and in Jan '17 signed a 49 year lease.

Going after the Assad regime is seen as going after Russia and they don't want to give up their Mediterranean naval base.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake Tue 4 Apr - 23:49

I bet they don't do shit about it. I've seen some interesting evidence surfacing that suggests this may not even have been Assad and could be a false flag attack to lure in Western powers, given that Assad doesn't benefit at all from using chemical weapons when he's already winning the war and he's actually the only one that stands to lose by using such weapons because it turns international powers against him and pressures them to get involved.

On a side note, interesting how much press stuff like this gets yet the USA is massacring civilians with drone strikes on a regular basis and rarely makes headlines when doing so. Shit Obama won a fucking nobel peace prize while he was bombing the everliving fuck out of the Middle East. Now Trump's administration is doubling down on that policy and has already dropped more bombs in Yemen than in all of 2016.
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Wed 5 Apr - 7:33

I say we draw a red line...
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Wed 5 Apr - 7:37

DWags wrote:Well Obama was criticized for inaction so let's see what these guys do. Many of whom were the accusers of Obama's lack of action against Syria

He was criticized for acting tough, getting his bluffs called, and then NOT doing anything.

If you are going to draw lines in the sand and issue threats, you better be able to back it up. That's why the entire world in is chaos. We had a historically weak, limp wristed president that everyone knew would blink on his own 'red line.'

I don't blame Obama for in-action. I hope Trump doesn't send troops over there. Let these violent shit holes burn. There will never be peace with Islam. They don't seek or want it.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Wed 5 Apr - 7:59

Acting tough?

You mean like telling the world you're going to deport 11 million people in the first hour of your presidency? Or saying you're gonna build a wall with other people's money. Or maybe saying you're going to lock up your opponent when you're elected?

That kind of limp wristed bravado?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed 5 Apr - 8:04

kingstonlake wrote:Acting tough?

You mean like telling the world you're going to deport 11 million people in the first hour of your presidency? Or saying you're gonna build a wall with other people's money. Or maybe saying you're going to lock up your opponent when you're elected?

That kind of limp wristed bravado?

Or drawing a line in the sand with TrumpCare.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Wed 5 Apr - 8:06

Syria will essentially be Russia's personal rape room under a trump administration. He'll, all of the middle East and Eastern Europe.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed 5 Apr - 9:15

McCain rips Trump administration over Syria policy

"(Syrian President) Bashar Assad and his friends, the Russians, take note of what Americans say," the Arizona Republican told CNN's Alisyn Camerota on "New Day." "I'm sure they took note of what our Secretary of State (Rex Tillerson) said just the other day that the Syrian people would be determining their own future themselves -- one of the more incredible statements I've ever heard."

"I'm sure they are encouraged to know the United States is withdrawing and seeking a new arrangement with the Russians," he added. "It is another disgraceful chapter in American history and it was predictable."
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Wed 5 Apr - 10:06

McCain...establishment figure who's a failed politician.

Sigh. Yeah, new ways of thinking are terrible. Let's keep the status quo in foreign policy. It's been great!
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Wed 5 Apr - 10:07

The_Dude wrote:McCain...establishment figure who's a failed politician.

Sigh. Yeah, new ways of thinking are terrible. Let's keep the status quo in foreign policy. It's been great!

What constitutes a "failed politician"? Does Rush explain that one for you?

Here you go.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed 5 Apr - 10:58

Scale of 1-10, 10 being the most miserable you possibly could be- how miserable is your life?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Wed 5 Apr - 11:37

I say we round up Assad and his cronies and and gas them! Who's with me?

I nominate GRR to lead the way!
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed 5 Apr - 11:50

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

Scale of 1-10, 10 being the most miserable you possibly could be- how miserable is your life?

I actually don't put him on ignore. I don't respond but to read his shit is entertaining in a "watching a train wreck" kind of way.

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed 5 Apr - 11:59

DWags wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

I actually don't put him on ignore. I don't respond but to read his shit is entertaining in a "watching a train wreck" kind of way.

Yeah, I was leading that toward a different conversation but I'm kinda glad he ignored it cause I'm not sure I feel like going on a ride on the crazy train today.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Wed 5 Apr - 13:13

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

What constitutes a "failed politician"? Does Rush explain that one for you?

Here you go.

Eagerly awaiting some new talking points bump.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed 5 Apr - 13:29

Wait. Trump just said there were other gas attacks in the last few weeks? What did he do about those?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed 5 Apr - 13:33

NigelUno wrote:Wait. Trump just said there were other gas attacks in the last few weeks? What did he do about those?

My wife just screams at me to pull the covers off her head. #dutchovenattack
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed 5 Apr - 13:43

Trump's on the clock. He said many, many lines were crossed.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 5 Apr - 15:48

Yeah!! Why would anyone mention Obama? He and Kerry solved this problem years ago - obviously that dumb fuck Trump screwed it all up again in just 76 days - let's blame him.

Syria (or possibly Russia) used chemical weapons on its own people C8qzap-XsAEsy6b

Wonder if that will get as popular as "BushLiedPeopleDied"??
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Wed 5 Apr - 15:50

The Trump administration is pretty much Putin's human centipede.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Wed 5 Apr - 16:00

Goose,

according to the report by the body and charge of clearing the chemical weapons....yes they were all cleared from the country in June 2014. but it was acknowledged that there were stockpiles and certain discrepancies in what Syria claimed that needed to be addressed. You don't think a human rights violator can secure some chemical weapons if he wants to in 3 years?

What's your point?

Last edited by kingstonlake on Wed 5 Apr - 16:02; edited 1 time in total
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Wed 5 Apr - 16:01

LooseGoose wrote:

Yeah!! Why would anyone mention Obama? He and Kerry solved this problem years ago - obviously that dumb fuck Trump screwed it all up again in just 76 days - let's blame him.

Syria (or possibly Russia) used chemical weapons on its own people C8qzap-XsAEsy6b

Did Syria forget how to make chemical weapons since 2014?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 5 Apr - 16:08

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

LOL....ok. They were never cleared out, that was all bullshit. But you go ahead with your thought. I'm so pissed at that boob Trump that I may not be thinking straight.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Wed 5 Apr - 16:25

LooseGoose wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

LOL....ok. They were never cleared out, that was all bullshit. But you go ahead with your thought. I'm so pissed at that boob Trump that I may not be thinking straight.

I'm just using my brain, asking what I think is a logical question. I didn't pick up this talking point from Drudge or wherever you got this latest gotcha post. Think for yourself every once in a while. It would be refreshing for those of us that have to read your posts.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed 5 Apr - 17:05

Fuck goose that side NOW HAS TO STOP BLAMING OTHERS! THEYRE IN CHARGE. FUCKING DO SOMETHING. KIDS ARE DYING

Ok Obama and Kerry fucked up. They were horrible. What the fuck will we do there? Blame Obama?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next