Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Putin in the Arctic

4 posters

Go down

Putin in the Arctic  Empty Putin in the Arctic

Post by DWags 2017-04-23, 07:49

Very big military base. Permanent troops. He is really planning on dominating that region. He's planting flags all over. The kicker? He's most likely hoping for global warming to help get at the trillions of dollars worth of gas and oil reserves.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Putin in the Arctic  Empty Re: Putin in the Arctic

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-04-23, 11:59

Putin is in a bind. He is leading a country that's the Russian economy dependent on recovery and export of natural resources. That's trying to be in the Big 3 of world powers with a 3rd world economy.

He needs to expand Russia's claims to territory because his oil and gas people have a decent idea that Russia's economy needs more future resources to keep in the game economically. Saudi Arabia with a lot of ice.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-04-24, 07:04

GRR Spartan wrote:Putin is in a bind. He is leading a country that's the Russian economy dependent on recovery and export of natural resources. That's trying to be in the Big 3 of world powers with a 3rd world economy.

He needs to expand Russia's claims to territory because his oil and gas people have a decent idea that Russia's economy needs more future resources to keep in the game economically. Saudi Arabia with a lot of ice.

The U.S., Canada, Russia, Norway and Denmark already have their own exclusive economic zones don't they? I'm not sure how under international law Putin is going to claim more territory.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-04-24, 08:10

Floyd Robertson wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:Putin is in a bind.  He is leading a country that's the Russian economy dependent on recovery and export of natural resources.  That's trying to be in the Big 3 of world powers with a 3rd world economy.

He needs to expand Russia's claims to territory because his oil and gas people have a decent idea that Russia's economy needs more future resources to keep in the game economically.  Saudi Arabia with a lot of ice.

The U.S., Canada, Russia, Norway and Denmark already have their own exclusive economic zones don't they? I'm not sure how under international law Putin is going to claim more territory.

Putin in the Arctic  Map-changing-arctic-fisheries

Looks like there's some more unclaimed territory closer to the pole.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-04-24, 08:13

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

Good map. My feeble investigation didn't uncover any mention of that non-exclusive area. We should just carve that up among the five posthaste.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-04-24, 08:25

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Good map. My feeble investigation didn't uncover any mention of that non-exclusive area. We should just carve that up among the five posthaste.

Yeah, I don't think Putin gives a shit about those dots seperating so called claims. That's my point.

Russia's permanent base on the arctic
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-04-24, 09:00

Putin didn't pay much attention to the maps when it came to the Crimean Peninsula.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down