Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How can anyone pretend this is normal?

+8
NigelUno
Travis of the Cosmos
steveschneider
DWags
GRR Spartan
Robert J Sakimano
Rocinante
WhiteBoyHatcher
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

How can anyone pretend this is normal? - Page 2 Empty Re: How can anyone pretend this is normal?

Post by NigelUno 2017-05-12, 13:59

LooseGoose wrote:
DWags wrote:

I hate him and what he stands for now. Taking choices away from women, praying gay away, destroying any semblance of health care for millions of people.  But my side lost. I have to eat it for 3 1/2 years. His side won.  That's America. But for the love of god, at least we'll sleep at night knowing we don't have a lunatic in chatge

I realize that Trump is a buffoon.   But for any honest person to say the Dem reaction to his election is abnormal tells me they're uninformed or kidding themselves.   Think I'm full of shit?  OK, I'll provide you with some history - if you dispute it, look it up.   If you want to call me a liar then I'll provide you a link and wait for an apology.

The Democrat playbook has been to delegitimize the election of any R President.   Think back to 2000.   Gore was so much smarter than Bush, so much more qualified than Bush.   The media convinced many of that including most if not all of you and you still believe it today.  

Strangely the educational facts tell a different story - it'll be interesting to see degreed people here argue that all that means nothing.   But the facts are that George W. Bush had a higher undergraduate GPA than Gore.   Bush also earned an MBA from Harvard.   Gore dropped out of 2 different post graduate programs and never obtained an advanced degree.

And never forget that Gore invented the internet.....ooops...well that sounds like something Trump would say.

But carrying on from the the media did all they could to help Gore over the finish line.   They dumped an old DUI of Bush's on the weekend before the election.   They called Florida before the polls were closed in the panhandle thus suppressing the GOP vote there.

After the election and in the 16 years since the Dems have done everything they can to plant doubt over who won the election.  This in spite of EVERY count and recount done by ANY organization has ALWAYS shown bush to have won Florida.  Yet we still hear how the Supreme Court "gave" Bush the election.  It's bullshit and they know it.

And now?  With Trump?   Again, I realize that Trump is a buffoon.  I've said here many times.   I've hoped his advisers would steer him along and he'd do OK.   So far he's not made any hugely wrong decisions that affect the country.  Maybe that will remain the case, maybe it won't.   I don't know.   But I seethe with anger every time I hear this "Russian" shit because I know it's a fucking replay of Florida.   It's spoiled little brat Dems not being able to admit they lost.  Because of that that're willing to sow every seed of discord they can.  They're willing to tear this country apart so they can somehow score a "win".

And all of you go along and support them in that.   Fine.   Just remember the old saw about reaping the whirlwind.   Trump's election was a peaceable whirlwind, I hope it's the only one.

Tell me how this would have been played if the parties were reversed????
Police: Woman followed then threatened Congressman David Kustoff

What does any of that have to do with Trump being a con man, or an "asshole"?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

How can anyone pretend this is normal? - Page 2 Empty Re: How can anyone pretend this is normal?

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-05-12, 15:06

That's a walk down memory lane avoiding the subject at hand. Something Derek Jeter or Ivanka Trump might say or specifically not say.

None of the "conservatives" want to address the fact once Comey asked for additional funding to investigate Russian involvement in the 2016 election he was dead man walking. Nor do they want to discuss the blatant conflicts of interest that seem to be a weekly event by the families Trump and Kushner.

Now Trump is threatening to cut off press access while giving White House access to the Russian photographer from Tass, contradicted himself on Comey and is hinting releasing audio of his meeting with Comey.

We know Bush2 was declared the winner by the SCOTUS because of the Florida ballot mess. Gore lost and has left running for political office to others. We know Hillary Clinton lost in the only vote that counts, The Electoral College.

This issue at hand is if the GOP is going to assist Trump in head long charge to take away the independence of the FBI. We've already seen McConnell and the GOP refused to move on filling Scalia's former seat until a Republican was in ThevWhite House.

The cry of fiscal concern for the investigation is laughable considering the Secret Service had to ask for additional funding for Trump's trips to Florida, keeping his NYC home and accompanying Trumps son's while the do business overseas.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-05-12, 15:12

NigelUno wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

I realize that Trump is a buffoon.   But for any honest person to say the Dem reaction to his election is abnormal tells me they're uninformed or kidding themselves.   Think I'm full of shit?  OK, I'll provide you with some history - if you dispute it, look it up.   If you want to call me a liar then I'll provide you a link and wait for an apology.

The Democrat playbook has been to delegitimize the election of any R President.   Think back to 2000.   Gore was so much smarter than Bush, so much more qualified than Bush.   The media convinced many of that including most if not all of you and you still believe it today.  

Strangely the educational facts tell a different story - it'll be interesting to see degreed people here argue that all that means nothing.   But the facts are that George W. Bush had a higher undergraduate GPA than Gore.   Bush also earned an MBA from Harvard.   Gore dropped out of 2 different post graduate programs and never obtained an advanced degree.

And never forget that Gore invented the internet.....ooops...well that sounds like something Trump would say.

But carrying on from the the media did all they could to help Gore over the finish line.   They dumped an old DUI of Bush's on the weekend before the election.   They called Florida before the polls were closed in the panhandle thus suppressing the GOP vote there.

After the election and in the 16 years since the Dems have done everything they can to plant doubt over who won the election.  This in spite of EVERY count and recount done by ANY organization has ALWAYS shown bush to have won Florida.  Yet we still hear how the Supreme Court "gave" Bush the election.  It's bullshit and they know it.

And now?  With Trump?   Again, I realize that Trump is a buffoon.  I've said here many times.   I've hoped his advisers would steer him along and he'd do OK.   So far he's not made any hugely wrong decisions that affect the country.  Maybe that will remain the case, maybe it won't.   I don't know.   But I seethe with anger every time I hear this "Russian" shit because I know it's a fucking replay of Florida.   It's spoiled little brat Dems not being able to admit they lost.  Because of that that're willing to sow every seed of discord they can.  They're willing to tear this country apart so they can somehow score a "win".

And all of you go along and support them in that.   Fine.   Just remember the old saw about reaping the whirlwind.   Trump's election was a peaceable whirlwind, I hope it's the only one.

Tell me how this would have been played if the parties were reversed????
Police: Woman followed then threatened Congressman David Kustoff

What does any of that have to do with Trump being a con man, or an "asshole"?

Don't like the subject? Pivot.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-05-12, 15:25

GRR Spartan wrote:That's a walk down memory lane avoiding the subject at hand. Something Derek Jeter or Ivanka Trump might say or specifically not say.

None of the "conservatives" want to address the fact once Comey asked for additional funding to investigate Russian involvement in the 2016 election he was dead man walking. Nor do they want to discuss the blatant conflicts of interest that seem to be a weekly event by the families Trump and Kushner.

Now Trump is threatening to cut off press access while giving White House access to the Russian photographer from Tass, contradicted himself on Comey and is hinting releasing audio of his meeting with Comey.

We know Bush2 was declared the winner by the SCOTUS because of the Florida ballot mess. Gore lost and has left running for political office to others. We know Hillary Clinton lost in the only vote that counts, The Electoral College.

This issue at hand is if the GOP is going to assist Trump in head long charge to take away the independence of the FBI. We've already seen McConnell and the GOP refused to move on filling Scalia's former seat until a Republican was in ThevWhite House.

The cry of fiscal concern for the investigation is laughable considering the Secret Service had to ask for additional funding for Trump's trips to Florida, keeping his NYC home and accompanying Trumps son's while the do business overseas.

Two of those mean librahs have sent a first letter out requesting tapes.

More fun than naked jello fights with Allison and Amy senior year.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2017-05-12, 21:53

LooseGoose wrote:And this isn't normal...Leftists working hard everywhere to suppress speech from any other viewpoint.

Matthew Watkins‏Verified account @MWatkinsTrib
Breaking: Texas Southern U confirms it has cancelled its commencement speech by Sen @JohnCornyn . There had been calls to protest @ the HBCU

There is definitely some fucked up shit going on at some universities. I would say that it's partly a reaction to current events and the Trump administration, and partly a spiral of recent trends heading towards their logical conclusions.

LooseGoose wrote:I realize that Trump is a buffoon.   But for any honest person to say the Dem reaction to his election is abnormal tells me they're uninformed or kidding themselves.   Think I'm full of shit?  OK, I'll provide you with some history - if you dispute it, look it up.   If you want to call me a liar then I'll provide you a link and wait for an apology.

Are you attempting to support the bolded statement with a single example? Even if you include Bush/Gore AND Trump/Clinton, in each of those two examples, the popular vote and the electoral college had different outcomes. This is not the place for an argument about the merits of the electoral college, but if you can't recognize that a President losing the popular vote lends credence to the "not my President" sentiment, then you're being willfully obtuse. So do you have another example of D's delegitimizing an R President? Because I'm all ears.

LooseGoose wrote:And now?  With Trump?   Again, I realize that Trump is a buffoon.  I've said here many times.   I've hoped his advisers would steer him along and he'd do OK.   So far he's not made any hugely wrong decisions that affect the country.  Maybe that will remain the case, maybe it won't.   I don't know.   But I seethe with anger every time I hear this "Russian" shit because I know it's a fucking replay of Florida.   It's spoiled little brat Dems not being able to admit they lost.  Because of that that're willing to sow every seed of discord they can.  They're willing to tear this country apart so they can somehow score a "win".

"So far he's not made any hugely wrong decisions that affect the country." Is that your honest assessment? Let's delve a little deeper. Has he made wrong decisions that affect the country, but they just aren't hugely wrong? Or has he made no wrong decisions at all? Or has he made wrong decisions, perhaps even hugely wrong decisions, but those decisions don't affect the country?

RE: the Trump/Russia shit, I'd like to point out that there are people like Lindsey Graham who are also interested in investigating, which would seem to refute your sore loser notion. I don't know if anything will ever come of the investigation, though I suspect not. But are you prepared to say that there is nothing suspicious, not one single thing, about the various pieces of circumstantial evidence that link members of Trump's campaign to Russia? Would you at least concede that Trump's response to the whole ordeal has added a whole lot of smoke that could incline some people to believe that there may be fire? Or has his response to the various allegations been flawless in your estimation?

And stop with the sanctimony and "score a win" bullshit, you consistently take up for the party whose greatest legislative accomplishment of the past decade is obstruction.

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Fox News Host Attacks Barack Obama For Putting Mustard On His Burger

Fox News host Sean Hannity said "man of the people" Obama ordered a "fancy burger" with a "very special condiment" and ran the caption "President Poupon."

How can anyone pretend this is normal? - Page 2 Hqdefault

How can anyone pretend this is normal? - Page 2 1550444538

I wonder how Dijon mustard tastes on a well done steak, better or worse than ketchup?
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-05-12, 21:58

Rocinante wrote:I just posted it in the Comey thread but if you get a chance read this Washington Post article with survey data. As long as the base is so wildly approving of the president, republicans won't do anything substantive. And they approve of him because they get their information from the propaganda arm of the white house.

wapo link

So basically this country is doomed into a partisanship war for, well, forever.

Republicans refusal to acknowledge this guy's hare-brained behavior and the dangers of it (in large part, I assume, due to their contempt for the other party), will continue to fuel contempt from the left. And because he is likely to continue turning off independants, the worm will turn in the next election and we'll be looking at a liberal President, or maybe House/Congress (I have no idea how possible/impossible the latter is given current seats and whatnot). Which, in turn, will lead to more contempt and vitriol from the right, and more alt right shit, eventually culminating in a Hitler or Communism or a civil war. Or some shit like that.

The only hope is that Trump fucks up badly enough on something that even the diehard righties can't defend him, and we get a more reasonable Republican in the oval office who doesn't embarrass himself in the press, diplomatic discussions and on twitter every 15 minutes. So you're saying there's a chance....

I kind of hate this country. I probably would move if it were even slightly realistic. So sick of all of the partisan bullshit and that wedge isn't going away.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-05-12, 22:10

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
Rocinante wrote:I just posted it in the Comey thread but if you get a chance read this Washington Post article with survey data. As long as the base is so wildly approving of the president, republicans won't do anything substantive. And they approve of him because they get their information from the propaganda arm of the white house.

wapo link

So basically this country is doomed into a partisanship war for, well, forever.

Republicans refusal to acknowledge this guy's hare-brained behavior and the dangers of it (in large part, I assume, due to their contempt for the other party), will continue to fuel contempt from the left. And because he is likely to continue turning off independants, the worm will turn in the next election and we'll be looking at a liberal President, or maybe House/Congress (I have no idea how possible/impossible the latter is given current seats and whatnot). Which, in turn, will lead to more contempt and vitriol from the right, and more alt right shit, eventually culminating in a Hitler or Communism or a civil war. Or some shit like that.

The only hope is that Trump fucks up badly enough on something that even the diehard righties can't defend him, and we get a more reasonable Republican in the oval office who doesn't embarrass himself in the press, diplomatic discussions and on twitter every 15 minutes. So you're saying there's a chance....

I kind of hate this country. I probably would move if it were even slightly realistic. So sick of all of the partisan bullshit and that wedge isn't going away.

Party over country. Fuck Kentucky fans know they cheat. Think they care? Carolina fans? Grades? PSU football? It's one big fucking game. I'm associated with that party and even if they fuck my country or my best interests as long as we win who cares?

Both sides too WBH. It ain't getting better.

Party before country
Victory before ethics

Tell me I'm wrong. I'm just venting and I might be. But I'd estimate 25% or less of Americans would do the ethical thing vs winning. Bitch of it is we have a little fucking elf basketball coach who falls into that percentage.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2017-05-12, 22:29

DWags wrote:Fuck Kentucky fans know they cheat. Think they care?

Yeah, steve, you bitch. Fucking Kentucky...
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2