Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So this seems super fucked

+2
Robert J Sakimano
Travis of the Cosmos
6 posters

Go down

So this seems super fucked Empty So this seems super fucked

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Tue 13 Jun 2017 - 12:41

Senate republicans are scared of reporters because they're cowards and trying to pass a massively unpopular health care bill, so instead of being better at their job, they're shielding themselves from the reporters

Last edited by Travis of the Cosmos on Tue 13 Jun 2017 - 12:48; edited 1 time in total
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

So this seems super fucked Empty Re: So this seems super fucked

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 13 Jun 2017 - 12:47

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Senate republicans are scared of reporters because they're cowards and trying to pass a massively unpopular health care bill, so instead of being better at they're job, they're shielding themselves from the reporters
well of course, it's f'd up.. but that's the republican party for you... and the deplorables won't care.. until they lose their healthcare. In which case, they'll believe the mainstream media and fake news and blame the colored boy for it.

oh - and Benghazi!!   So this seems super fucked 1550444538
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Jun 2017 - 12:58

I could bed a good size herd of milch cows with all the straw in this thread.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Tue 13 Jun 2017 - 13:03

LooseGoose wrote:I could bed a good size herd of milch cows with all the straw in this thread.

I don't know what that means but I'm just going to assume that your stance is "it's fine to limit press access to congress people." You don't really need to comment further. We know it's fine with you.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Tue 13 Jun 2017 - 13:11

LooseGoose wrote:I could bed a good size herd of milch cows with all the straw in this thread.

Goose proving once again he's totally behind the Trump dictatorship.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue 13 Jun 2017 - 13:37

I don't really understand what this means.  The article's like "reporters are being muzzled!  But then again it's just cameras and recorders, but then again this was just an inquiry, not a unilateral decision, so nothing's actually changing, but then again all these republicans are against it too.  That thing that isn't actually happening.  Or is it?"
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue 13 Jun 2017 - 13:56

Face it, the health care shit in our country is really a hot potato. These guys trying to secretly pass shit will not please any of the voters from their district if those voters lose their meek health care as it is. You can say access is restricted for all kinds of reasons, including fear of terrorism, but the bottom line is, these guys are looking at the health bill and shitting themselves in not knowing what to do. They want to pass it and run.

Town halls are going to be so entertaining in the 2018 elections. Better than sitcoms.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Tue 13 Jun 2017 - 14:03

Rocinante wrote:I don't really understand what this means.  The article's like "reporters are being muzzled!  But then again it's just cameras and recorders, but then again this was just an inquiry, not a unilateral decision, so nothing's actually changing, but then again all these republicans are against it too.  That thing that isn't actually happening.  Or is it?"

My understanding is that reporters like to hang out outside of meeting rooms with cameras and ask questions as senators come out, and that's what they wouldn't be allowed to do anymore.

They may have also backed off of this once it became apparent how insane it is. I'm not sure on that. Will keep you very updated.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Tue 13 Jun 2017 - 14:06

DWags wrote:Face it, the health care shit in our country is really a hot potato. These guys trying to secretly pass shit will not please any of the voters from their district if those voters lose their meek health care as it is. You can say access is restricted for all kinds of reasons, including fear of terrorism, but the bottom line is, these guys are looking at the health bill and shitting themselves in not knowing what to do. They want to pass it and run.

Town halls are going to be so entertaining in the 2018 elections. Better than sitcoms.

It's really more of a tax cut than a health care bill. A tax cut that happens to take away millions of people's health care.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Tue 13 Jun 2017 - 14:30

Good thing we have an open government.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte