Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boeing factory where Trump delivered jobs speech to lay off 200 workers

+6
Robert J Sakimano
GRR Spartan
Turtleneck
Travis of the Cosmos
The Pantry
NigelUno
10 posters

Go down

Boeing factory where Trump delivered jobs speech to lay off 200 workers Empty Boeing factory where Trump delivered jobs speech to lay off 200 workers

Post by NigelUno 22/06/17, 10:05 pm

Boeing factory where Trump delivered jobs speech to lay off 200 workers

Speaking at the plant in February, Trump promised a crowd of assembly workers, managers and executives that "jobs is one of the primary reasons I'm standing here today as your President, and I will never, ever disappoint you."
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Boeing factory where Trump delivered jobs speech to lay off 200 workers Empty Re: Boeing factory where Trump delivered jobs speech to lay off 200 workers

Post by The Pantry 22/06/17, 10:28 pm

Another great CNN piece.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Boeing factory where Trump delivered jobs speech to lay off 200 workers Empty Re: Boeing factory where Trump delivered jobs speech to lay off 200 workers

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 22/06/17, 10:42 pm

That story is being reported by all sorts of outlets, but holy fuckin shit, I actually can't find it on the Fox News site anywhere.

Honestly, if you want to know why people like pantry think the way they do, and I really am interested to find out what's going on up there in the old noodle, it's right there. If that's their only source of news, then of course they have this weird twisted version of the world in their brain.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 22/06/17, 10:59 pm

The Pantry wrote:Another great CNN piece.

I know, right?

I bet that's exactly what those 200 people are thinking.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 22/06/17, 11:03 pm

The Pantry wrote:Another great CNN piece.

So it's not happening? Is this a made up story?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 22/06/17, 11:20 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:That story is being reported by all sorts of outlets, but holy fuckin shit, I actually can't find it on the Fox News site anywhere.

Honestly, if you want to know why people like pantry think the way they do, and I really am interested to find out what's going on up there in the old noodle, it's right there. If that's their only source of news, then of course they have this weird twisted version of the world in their brain.
Boeing factory where Trump delivered jobs speech to lay off 200 workers 502811600

How about that conference call, tough guy?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 22/06/17, 11:30 pm

The Pantry wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:That story is being reported by all sorts of outlets, but holy fuckin shit, I actually can't find it on the Fox News site anywhere.

Boeing factory where Trump delivered jobs speech to lay off 200 workers 502811600

How about that conference call, tough guy?

Huh
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 22/06/17, 11:40 pm

That's the way. Play dumb like you didn't see the offer.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 22/06/17, 11:43 pm

The Pantry wrote:That's the way. Play dumb like you didn't see the offer.

Huh

Look kid, I was just commenting on how Fox News doesn't even find this worthy of reporting. It's a ridiculous "News" outlet that you believe is real. I really do want to find out what's in your fevered brain that makes you think they aren't completely manipulating you, but that's sort of a long conversation. So beyond that, I literally have no idea what you're blabbering about.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 23/06/17, 09:15 am

Is the local news/website biased when they report the jobs layoffs are the first "involuntary separations" since the plant opened in 2009?

Post and Currier is the Charleston SC paper

http://www.postandcourier.com/business/layoffs-announced-for-first-time-at-boeing-s-dreamliner-campus/article_05e36a64-573f-11e7-bd09-2fe3c806b828.html

GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 23/06/17, 09:40 am

so the sexual predator lied?

shocking.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by msugolfguy 23/06/17, 12:07 pm

Honestly I was hoping Trump would do something about NAFTA and the middle class. Then I realized that the entire GOP loves NAFTA. Plus we all know how tax cuts work..see Kansas.

Change congress first people. I get wanting to change the government but voting straight ticket doesn't help.
msugolfguy
msugolfguy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 23/06/17, 12:15 pm

msugolfguy wrote:Honestly I was hoping Trump would do something about NAFTA and the middle class. Then I realized that the entire GOP loves NAFTA. Plus we all know how tax cuts work..see Kansas.

Change congress first people. I get wanting to change the government but voting straight ticket doesn't help.
My whole family is Republican. They would never even consider voting for anyone with a D in front of them, even if that person was pro gun, and lower taxes. Most of them think that democrats are evil and the root of all their problems. Union workers are evil and have made things more expensive than they need to be or other things. I don't get it. The way they talk about union workers, I'm surprised anything in the US was ever made, it sounded like a year around party at work.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by msugolfguy 23/06/17, 12:21 pm

InTenSity wrote:
msugolfguy wrote:Honestly I was hoping Trump would do something about NAFTA and the middle class. Then I realized that the entire GOP loves NAFTA. Plus we all know how tax cuts work..see Kansas.

My whole family is Republican. They would never even consider voting for anyone with a D in front of them, even if that person was pro gun, and lower taxes. Most of them think that democrats are evil and the root of all their problems. Union workers are evil and have made things more expensive than they need to be or other things. I don't get it. The way they talk about union workers, I'm surprised anything in the US was ever made, it sounded like a year around party at work.

Dad was a pipefitter for 15 years before he got his degree and became an engineer. The whole union thing turns me off to the GOP all of my dad's good friends are union members and not one of them is a thug or partying on the job site. Heck the Union was how my dad was able to get his degree, they helped him out with his schedule and even covered some school cost.
msugolfguy
msugolfguy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 24/06/17, 10:50 am

I just generally take it on faith that people who hate unions are either plutocrats who hate the working man, or complete dumbfucks who are too stupid to know better.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 24/06/17, 12:15 pm

Dislike of unions is regional.

In the Deep South wealthy land owners, bankers and industrialists didn't want unions so they told workers that unions would demand de-segregation and soon their jobs would be taken by children and grandchildren of former slaves. It's been effective for 100+ years.

On the upper Midwest, religion, specifically Calvinists and Evangelicals are anti-union because they don't encourage self-reliance. It also goes back to Europe where a lot of skilled trade guilds were controlled by Roman Catholics. Look at areas of high union membership prior to 1980 and their religious demographics.

Whether it's in the Deep South or Midwest is comes down to money. In the South, with slavery abolished they needed to keep sharecroppers on the farm. In the Midwest in places like GR and IN the small manufacturers and Ag didn't want unions because it means higher wages.

Never been in a union but I've enjoyed the benefits having grown up in a home where my father was a union member. 2 then 3 weeks paid vacation, paid holidays, sick leave, Blue Cross so when my father had surgery and sisters were born, medical bills didn't bury us.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 24/06/17, 12:55 pm

Unions are great, until they aren't.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down