Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please justify the treatment of this 12 year old girl asking her community to love her for who she is.

5 posters

Go down

Please justify the treatment of this 12 year old girl asking her community to love her for who she is.  Empty Please justify the treatment of this 12 year old girl asking her community to love her for who she is.

Post by Rocinante 25/06/17, 04:06 pm

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2017/jun/24/video-mormon-girl-savannah-gay-microphone-cut-off
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Please justify the treatment of this 12 year old girl asking her community to love her for who she is.  Empty Re: Please justify the treatment of this 12 year old girl asking her community to love her for who she is.

Post by Floyd Robertson 25/06/17, 05:03 pm

I can't and you can't make me.

BTW, I am surprised that "queer issues" is a phrase being used here.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Please justify the treatment of this 12 year old girl asking her community to love her for who she is.  Empty Re: Please justify the treatment of this 12 year old girl asking her community to love her for who she is.

Post by DWags 25/06/17, 05:33 pm

“While you can believe almost anything you want to believe, you can’t preach it from the pulpit,” wrote:

Em, Bullshit. Trump and the Trumpanzees just passed or are passing legislation that allows religions to get political, back candidates, and still remain tax free. I invite the backlash that this will cause when congregation members stand up and be heard with their political views at more and more of these "church" services.

Can't have it both ways assholes. This small speech will, hopefully, start a significant movement within churches. Lay parish members speaking up loudly, either in protest of their leaders supporting candidates they dont' agree with, or even those of us who might infiltrate churches now with a political agenda and protest our congregation supporting a candidate on a tax free basis. Fuck them. Resist.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 25/06/17, 05:36 pm

Queer as a term has been adopted by the LGBT community.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 25/06/17, 05:37 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:I can't and you can't make me.

BTW, I am surprised that "queer issues" is a phrase being used here.

Interesting that you should mention that. I've had a couple of my own questions regarding preferred terms within the LGTBQ community recently. I could've asked my sister, but there isn't anybody in my family I like speaking with on the phone. We're all lousy conversationalists (myself included), and calls are usually long and painful.
So, I asked a friend, who is the parent of a gay teenager, why Queer was included in LGTBQ, because it's long been a hyberbolic term for someone who is homosexual. I'm glad I asked, because I learned the Q doesn't necessarily stand for Queer, but most often stands for Questioning. IOW, those who aren't sure of their orientation. I had no idea.
So then I asked about the term Queer, and why I see it often used by people who are LGBT. The answer was the same as why so many African Americans have taken to using the N-word; they want to tear down the negative origins of the word, so they've co-opted its use and are in the process of trying to minimize the pain the word has been used to inflict.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 25/06/17, 05:41 pm

DWags wrote:
“While you can believe almost anything you want to believe, you can’t preach it from the pulpit,” wrote:

Em, Bullshit. Trump and the Trumpanzees just passed or are passing legislation that allows religions to get political, back candidates, and still remain tax free. I invite the backlash that this will cause when congregation members stand up and be heard with their political views at more and more of these "church" services.

Can't have it both ways assholes. This small speech will, hopefully, start a significant movement within churches. Lay parish members speaking up loudly, either in protest of their leaders supporting candidates they dont' agree with, or even those of us who might infiltrate churches now with a political agenda and protest our congregation supporting a candidate on a tax free basis. Fuck them. Resist.

Yep, if churches want to get even more political than they already are, then they should be required to forfeit their tax exempt status. Won't happen, but it should.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 25/06/17, 05:43 pm

Hmmph, the more you know. Thanks, tGreenWay.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 25/06/17, 05:55 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:Hmmph, the more you know. Thanks, tGreenWay.

Once I learned this info, my first thought was: I think I'll share. Those do-gooder PSAs aired between children's shows in the late 60s/70s finally paid off.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 25/06/17, 08:58 pm

It isn't in any religion's best interest to accept the existence of homosexuals. Their church's future depends on making more church members and procreation rates for lesbians is very low compared married Mormon women.

GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 25/06/17, 09:03 pm

GRR Spartan wrote:It isn't in any religion's best interest to accept the existence of homosexuals.  Their church's future depends on making more church members and procreation rates for lesbians is very low compared married Mormon women.

The churches could start promoting in vitro fertilization. Every successful one would get them three new members.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down