Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fall Camp - Football - News, notes, tidbits and droppings.

+7
Floyd Robertson
CORNER BLITZ
tGreenWay
Herbie Green
Robert J Sakimano
DWags
Tim Wakefield
11 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Fall Camp - Football - News, notes, tidbits and droppings. - Page 2 Empty Re: Fall Camp - Football - News, notes, tidbits and droppings.

Post by Guest 2017-07-26, 19:11

Spartans put emphasis on defensive ends
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Fall Camp - Football - News, notes, tidbits and droppings. - Page 2 Empty Re: Fall Camp - Football - News, notes, tidbits and droppings.

Post by Nordic 2017-07-26, 23:43

In Snyder We Trust!
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2017-07-27, 11:12

Kaleel gaines
Linking on mobile, interesting article on why he transferred and what things are like.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-07-28, 11:48

Irrational Exuberance.

The Only Colors‏ @TheOnlyColors 3m3 minutes ago
More
Talking ourselves into an undefeated MSU football season: A game-by-game guide to perfection https://www.theonlycolors.com/2017/7/28/16055920/talking-ourselves-into-an-undefeated-msu-football-season?utm_campaign=theonlycolors&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter …
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2017-07-28, 12:14

InTenSity wrote:Kaleel gaines
Linking on mobile, interesting article on why he transferred and what things are like.

Pretty candid response. Some takeaways....

- Couldn't find a position/break into the playing group

- Transferred because of PT... not some wild mass exodus conspiracy some believe

- On not having a relationship with Coach D.... Somewhat surprising/interesting given Coach D's perceived nature. But there are 100 kids on the team, not all are going to have the same level of relationship. He also kind of contradict himself by in saying he is "cool", "funny" and a "players coach". I'm sure he feels this way, but Coach D's ability to relate to players is not a concern of mine.

- On preferential treatment of certain players... Show me a team that doesn't. There are none. I believe a long rope was given to guys that have produced in the past like Cox and McDowell and they eventually hung themselves. Cox didn't travel to Maryland (or Rutgers?) and McDowell sat the end of the season "with an ankle injury". I fully expect this has been nipped in the bud.

- On Coach D not being heavily involved in the offense... No surprise, and nothing new here. But I bet he is more involved on the overall philosophy and game planning outside of practice than he sees/knows.

- Team gave up after the IU loss... again no surprise, we all saw it.

- The locker was not as divided as everyone likes to believe/pin last years woes on. Several of his comments back this up. Frey also touched on the whole Bullough/Trump thing at the BIG media days. I'm sure there was some issues. When you lose, it is never pure harmony and there were a few that needed to go. But the lockerrom was not ready to implode. This was mostly messageboard fan excuses IMO.

- Coaches aren't sitting on their ass, getting complacent, took the year off... more messageboard fan bullshit.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-07-29, 09:50

Good kid....

CJ Hayes‏ @cjhayes98 12m12 minutes ago
More
Thanks mom and dad for showing me the way. Camp starts tomorrow! I'm in great hands and ready to compete!
Glory to God!
#GoGreen #V4MSU – at Michigan State University

Fall Camp - Football - News, notes, tidbits and droppings. - Page 2 DF6A4VkWsAA87fF
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-07-30, 12:37

Dedication.......

Andrew Dowell‏ @_Live5ive 14h14 hours ago
More
switching 2 the trap phone. no distractions, no social media, no females.100% in.always extra but its got me where i'm at so why stop

Fall Camp - Football - News, notes, tidbits and droppings. - Page 2 DF86D0-XUAAJkGp
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2017-07-30, 13:22

I believe everything but no females
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-07-30, 17:05

I like the month long commitment but what about during the season? That would be complete dedication.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-07-30, 17:08

CORNER BLITZ wrote:I believe everything but no females

He said he has four numbers, but doesn't say anything about the ladies having his.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-07-30, 20:40

They work their asses off.....

MSU Football EQ‏ @SpartanFB_eq 1m1 minute ago
More
2017 Student Manager Class is ready to go.

Fall Camp - Football - News, notes, tidbits and droppings. - Page 2 DGBh3l-XcAAoGcj
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-07-30, 21:20

LooseGoose wrote:Dedication.......

Andrew Dowell‏ @_Live5ive  14h14 hours ago
More
switching 2 the trap phone. no distractions, no social media, no females.100% in.always extra but its got me where i'm at so why stop

Fall Camp - Football - News, notes, tidbits and droppings. - Page 2 DF86D0-XUAAJkGp

I like the sounds of this.  Hopefully the other lbs arent Bullough/Trump meatheads
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-07-30, 21:24

Herbie Green wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Dedication.......

Andrew Dowell‏ @_Live5ive  14h14 hours ago
More

I like the sounds of this.  Hopefully the other lbs arent Bullough/Trump meatheads

this isn't the bin, you're going to get your ass chewed.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-07-31, 12:41

Michigan State‏ @Michigan_State 9m9 minutes ago
More
Check out photos from Michigan State's first day of fall camp http://bit.ly/2hhddGO #Spartans
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-08-01, 09:04

Michigan State freshmen find life bigger, faster and tougher in first practice

we'll soon have on the spot reports from our sideline reporter....until then this will have to do.

Fall Camp - Football - News, notes, tidbits and droppings. - Page 2 -355ba523ec9f5b48
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-08-02, 17:47

Big Ten Network‏Verified account @BigTenNetwork 30m30 minutes ago
More
We're ready, and the is ready.

See you soon, @B1Gfootball teams!

Fall Camp - Football - News, notes, tidbits and droppings. - Page 2 DGQQZVCU0AAj0Ll
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-08-03, 15:27

Michigan State‏ @Michigan_State 34m34 minutes ago
More
Michigan State's 'Meet the Spartans' autograph event scheduled for Aug. 23 http://bit.ly/2v3alAl #Spartans
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-08-04, 13:13

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-08-04, 15:22

DWags wrote:

No wonder we went 3-9 with that candy ass shit. I want pads popping and helmets breaking.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-08-05, 08:05

Freshman CB Josiah Scott a Spartan with talent, swagger

If Scott continues to respond and ends up in the starting lineup, he’ll be the first true freshman to start at corner for Michigan State since Dennard started twice in 2010.

Dantonio believes Scott has the right makeup for the job.

“He’s very mature, going to work extremely hard and is very sure of himself and confident,” Dantonio said. “He has a skill set like that. Plus, he’s been here for six months already and he’s sort of a guy that at least has gone through spring practice and has adjusted.”
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-08-05, 08:18

Michigan State freshman CB Shakur Brown joins practice, could return punts
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-08-07, 17:33

Mark Dantonio 'pleasantly surprised' by MSU's talent, lists true freshmen that will play
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-08-08, 08:43

A record-number of Michigan State freshmen are tracking for playing time

Michigan State's Khari Willis hopes to show growth as 3rd-year safety
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-08-08, 12:54

Matt Charboneau‏ @mattcharboneau 1h1 hour ago
More
Good photo gallery by Dale Young at MSU media day on Monday http://www.detroitnews.com/picture-gallery/sports/college/michigan-state-university/spartans/2017/08/07/michigan-state-football-media-day/104392330/ …
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-08-08, 12:56

Matt Charboneau‏ @mattcharboneau 1h1 hour ago
More
Spartans’ Layne knows his future is at cornerback; MSU counting on freshmen http://detne.ws/2vHAEP8 via @detroitnews
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-08-09, 10:00

Michigan State's Madre London wants to get back to being 'the old Madre'
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-08-09, 10:12

Young Talent Starting To Grow Up

Offensive Line Starting to Gel

Team Has New Attitude

LeWerke Has the Look of Futute NFL Hall of Famer
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-08-09, 10:32

Herbie Green wrote:Young Talent Starting To Grow Up

Team Has New Attitude

Fall Camp - Football - News, notes, tidbits and droppings. - Page 2 502811600 so true

I can't even click these articles
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-08-09, 10:34

Herbie Green Hates Chit-Chat, Wants Posters to Step Up Game
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-08-09, 10:49

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:Young Talent Starting To Grow Up

Team Has New Attitude

Fall Camp - Football - News, notes, tidbits and droppings. - Page 2 502811600 so true

Children.....it's the same in any sport in the pre-season.

Every year all the baseball players show up at spring training in the best shape of their lives.

Christ if you can't be an optimist in the pre-season why even bother being a fan?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-08-09, 10:57

LooseGoose wrote:

Every year all the baseball players show up at spring training in the best shape of their lives.

Christ if you can't be an optimist in the pre-season why even bother being a fan?

Nothing wrong with fans being optimistic(although I'm not about football) , it would just be nice to see these writers do better.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-08-09, 14:14

Michigan State‏ @Michigan_State 38m38 minutes ago
More
Michigan State linebacker Shane Jones taking team-first approach to final season http://bit.ly/2hKprrz #Spartans
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-08-09, 14:25

LooseGoose wrote:Michigan State‏ @Michigan_State 38m38 minutes ago
More
Michigan State linebacker Shane Jones taking team-first approach to final season http://bit.ly/2hKprrz #Spartans

My smartass response is: Why wasn't it Team First before now?
My serious, thoughtful answer: Interesting article. With the way Jones talks to and explains things to younger players, it makes me wonder if he's a coach-in-the-making. Shane Jones: MSU HFC, 2037 – ?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-08-09, 14:26

I have such interesting serious, thoughtful answers.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-08-09, 14:32

tGreenWay wrote:I have such interesting serious, thoughtful answers.

You do. I think you might be on to something though. You know he got good coaching in HS at Moeller. Add that to what he's displaying at MSU and the foundation is there.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-08-09, 14:51

LooseGoose wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:I have such interesting serious, thoughtful answers.

You do. I think you might be on to something though. You know he got good coaching in HS at Moeller. Add that to what he's displaying at MSU and the foundation is there.

I know we already do well with Moeller kids, but imagine having that type of bond with the school. Plus, I just like having an Ohio guy as our coach.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-08-09, 15:58

LooseGoose wrote:

I am honestly asking myself that exact question.  Like OTPT I cant even click on these articles.  I am sure I will be a fan again by the time the ball is kicked off but I have no interest in talk after last season.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-08-09, 16:03

Herbie Green wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

I am honestly asking myself that exact question.  Like OTPT I cant even click on these articles.  I am sure I will be a fan again by the time the ball is kicked off but I have no interest in talk after last season.

I have to agree to a certain extent. I've read a few and it's like reading Comp's sunshine pumping Spartan Mag from 15 years ago all over again.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-08-10, 07:53

More sunshine for you white tunas....

Young Spartans receivers’ optimism catching
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-08-10, 08:22

Michigan State's Trishton Jackson accepts Mark Dantonio's challenge
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next