Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dominos is unreal now

+18
CORNER BLITZ
Cameron
Space Lord
MSU addict
Death Roe
tGreenWay
SeeRockCity
StylesGShmooth
CaptainSlow33
GRR Spartan
Izzo Court
Floyd Robertson
The Pantry
Turtleneck
WhiteBoyHatcher
Stoops21
steveschneider
Herbie Green
22 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Dominos is unreal now Empty Dominos is unreal now

Post by Herbie Green Mon 10 Jul 2017 - 22:24

Wtf? Dominos is unreal now 1f60e
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Dominos is unreal now Empty Re: Dominos is unreal now

Post by steveschneider Mon 10 Jul 2017 - 22:32

Diarrhea in a box
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Mon 10 Jul 2017 - 22:34

steveschneider wrote:Diarrhea in a box

Oh shit
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Mon 10 Jul 2017 - 22:45

Herbie Green wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Diarrhea in a box

Oh shit

We were getting coupons with some good deals and decided to check it out. It's pretty tasty stuff and hard to stop eating in the same way Pringles is with all of that addictive MSG added to it. Next day is explosive for me. I recommend spending a few extra bucks for some Quilted Northern or Charmin. Good luck.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoops21 Mon 10 Jul 2017 - 23:11

Jets will always be king
Stoops21
Stoops21
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Mon 10 Jul 2017 - 23:16

There's a pizza thread here, somewhere....

Opinions are like assholes, but, yeah...Domino's is solid now. Especially the pan and Brooklyn style.

Does not give you the runs. Maybe steve got a bad batch of meat.

It still does not compare to local places, however most local places won't deliver at 11/12/1 AM and Domino's will.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon 10 Jul 2017 - 23:18

As a kid, my dad did not allow us to eat Dominos because of Tom Monaghan. I have carried that boycott forward.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Mon 10 Jul 2017 - 23:26

Only thing worse than Dominos is Hungry Howies. Shields gets 3rd worst place beating out Papa John's
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Mon 10 Jul 2017 - 23:31

The Pantry wrote:Only thing worse than Dominos is Hungry Howies.  Shields gets 3rd worst place beating out Papa John's

You have no idea.  Its better than the fire stuff under the Brookyln Bridge now.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Tue 11 Jul 2017 - 0:45

Herbie Green wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Only thing worse than Dominos is Hungry Howies.  Shields gets 3rd worst place beating out Papa John's

You have no idea.  Its better than the fire stuff under the Brookyln Bridge now.
But, where are all the old commercials claiming their "new" pizza is better?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Tue 11 Jul 2017 - 0:48

Stoops21 wrote:Jets will always be king
Buscemi's is much better but they don't deliver.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Tue 11 Jul 2017 - 5:09

The Pantry wrote:Only thing worse than Dominos is Hungry Howies. Shields gets 3rd worst place beating out Papa John's

I haven't had Shields since November 1987 but it used to be great.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzo Court Tue 11 Jul 2017 - 7:37

I hadn't had Dominos in probably 10 years. I gave it a try Saturday and it wasn't bad. I would say it's a step above Little Caesars.
Izzo Court
Izzo Court
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Tue 11 Jul 2017 - 7:47

Stock price has gone from around $6.50 per share to the $250 range since Dave Brandon left to create red ink as umaa's AD.

New recipies, ingredients, and major IT improvements.  Ordering online from your mobile device makes things easier / quicker and it also saves the franchisee from making product people say they didn't order.

Last edited by GRR Spartan on Tue 11 Jul 2017 - 9:42; edited 1 time in total
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Tue 11 Jul 2017 - 7:51

GRR Spartan wrote:Stock price has gone from around $6.50 per share to the $250 range since Dave Brandon left to create red ink as umaa's AD.

New recipies, ingredients, and major IT improvements.  Ordering online from your mobile device makes things easier / quicker and it also saves the franchisee from making product people say the didn't order.

Not to mention the stock bump from the crazy new Dominos Ferris Bueller ads.

Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainSlow33 Tue 11 Jul 2017 - 9:32

Had one open by us recently and decided to give it a try a few weeks ago. It's nothing special, but a pretty good deal and tastes alright. Our new go-to for quick pizza.
CaptainSlow33
CaptainSlow33
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue 11 Jul 2017 - 10:24

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:There's a pizza thread here, somewhere....

Opinions are like assholes, but, yeah...Domino's is solid now. Especially the pan and Brooklyn style.

Does not give you the runs. Maybe steve got a bad batch of meat.

It still does not compare to local places, however most local places won't deliver at 11/12/1 AM and Domino's will.

This was based on a few times, not just one. Maybe it's just me but my stomach does not agree with Dominos. I have to say too, NYC pizza raised the bar and you just can't go back to the pizza chains after that.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue 11 Jul 2017 - 11:02

From Urban Dictionary:

The Domino's Effectfood
The effect that Domino's pizza has on you abput 15 hours after you eat it.

domino's pizza company, as you may know, is a place to call when you're sitting around at 2:00 am (most likely intoxicated)starving to death.

However, your impulse decisions will eventually bring on the Domino's Effect within 15 hours or less. Signs of the Domino's effect are:
1) extreme amounts of gas, including farting and sulfuric acid/carbon dioxide belches.
2) trips to the restroom about 4 times per half an hour for anywhere from 2 - 9 hours.
3) green diarrhea and excretion of all consumed liquids (soda, water, beer, juice, etc.)
4) a slight comatose feeling

When you get the Domino's Effect, it's best to just wait it out. Don't make plans for the next day or two, and keep a trusty container of Rollaids at hand.
"We were starving out of our minds when we decided to call a pizza place. Domino's delevered 45 minutes later, and we were all satisfied. The next day, in the afternoon, I wasn't feeling good, when I realized: The Domino's Effect has started...."
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth Tue 11 Jul 2017 - 14:14

Half off all pizzas if you order online this week.
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Jul 2017 - 14:26

StylesGShmooth wrote:Half off all pizzas if you order online this week.

If Steve would guarantee me diarrhea I would order one, I need a good cleansing.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Tue 11 Jul 2017 - 14:33

I heard that poster LooseGoose puts pineapple on pizza.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity Tue 11 Jul 2017 - 19:55

Marcos is the best delivery chain at the moment.

That is all.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Tue 11 Jul 2017 - 20:07

This thread is making me want pizza.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue 11 Jul 2017 - 20:40

gHost Spartan wrote:Call me crazy but I always thought Dominos was alright for that type of pizza; much better than either Little Cesar's or Papa John's. Someone mentioned Hungry Howie's - isn't HH more "upscale" than Dominos, Little Cesar's and Papa John's?

You cray.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue 11 Jul 2017 - 20:44

Btw, all those listed are garbage pizzas, but I would put HH at the very bottom, IMO.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Tue 11 Jul 2017 - 21:06

tGreenWay wrote:Btw, all those listed are garbage pizzas, but I would put HH at the very bottom, IMO.
Kinda funny. The few pizzas I've ordered from HH on separate occasions were complete disasters...way over-cooked.

Best HH pizza I've had was off a catering truck. Boxed personal pizza with only pepperoni. Was actually pretty good, but no way I'll ever order that shit again for home delivery.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue 11 Jul 2017 - 23:07

LooseGoose wrote:
StylesGShmooth wrote:Half off all pizzas if you order online this week.

If Steve would guarantee me diarrhea I would order one, I need a good cleansing.

What do you have to lose? Either you are going to eat a pizza that is supposedly better than the fire stuff under the Brooklyn bridge (not) or you are going to have bowl shattering diarrhea (you will)
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Tue 11 Jul 2017 - 23:22

Out of curiosity thought about ordering Dominos for lunch today. Discovered there is not a Dominos within delivery range of my place of employment. There are three Jets locations that will deliver there.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Tue 11 Jul 2017 - 23:30

steve, don't get me wrong, if I lived where you did, or anywhere with reasonable options I would never order dominoes. That said I live in the burbs, and pizza is my favorite fucking food in the world and my go to cheat meal, and it tastes especially good after a few beers on a Saturday night. My options are severely limited after 11 PM, even on a weekend night. I have a Jets that will deliver until 12, but you better not call them after 11:20 or so or they will basically blackball you, Domino's, or Howies. HH is open until 2 but it's bad, like I would rather have Little Caesar's bad.

Or I can make my own (have a pretty damn good NY crust recipe), but that's an ordeal.

Or I can pre-plan and go get a 1/2 bake from Buddy's or somewhere else, which sadly, I often do.

And sadly again, despite all of the above, I have ordered from Domino's enough times to get probably 4 or 5 free pizzas this year, and I still maintain that they are VASTLY improved from 5-10 years ago and I have never gotten the runs from eating it. Not saying you haven't.

HH is so bad that I often load the pizza and/or bread up with 4x cajun seasoning and that, my friend, that will give you the runs the next day.

Papa Johns is trash and I would order from Domino's every time over it - however, the pan they came out with last year is not terrible.

Still, if you live in NYC, Detroit, Chicago, etc....no reason to order Domino's other than desperation.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed 12 Jul 2017 - 10:28

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:steve, don't get me wrong, if I lived where you did, or anywhere with reasonable options I would never order dominoes. That said I live in the burbs, and pizza is my favorite fucking food in the world and my go to cheat meal, and it tastes especially good after a few beers on a Saturday night. My options are severely limited after 11 PM, even on a weekend night. I have a Jets that will deliver until 12, but you better not call them after 11:20 or so or they will basically blackball you, Domino's, or Howies. HH is open until 2 but it's bad, like I would rather have Little Caesar's bad.

Or I can make my own (have a pretty damn good NY crust recipe), but that's an ordeal.

Or I can pre-plan and go get a 1/2 bake from Buddy's or somewhere else, which sadly, I often do.

And sadly again, despite all of the above, I have ordered from Domino's enough times to get probably 4 or 5 free pizzas this year, and I still maintain that they are VASTLY improved from 5-10 years ago and I have never gotten the runs from eating it. Not saying you haven't.

HH is so bad that I often load the pizza and/or bread up with 4x cajun seasoning and that, my friend, that will give you the runs the next day.

Papa Johns is trash and I would order from Domino's every time over it - however, the pan they came out with last year is not terrible.

Still, if you live in NYC, Detroit, Chicago, etc....no reason to order Domino's other than desperation.

Yeah, I hear you. We were drawn in because we left NYC and had to figure out something else. At first we loved the ap, the ease of ordering, the speed at which they deliver and the pies are tasty. I definitely think they've improved their product and the shopping experience and I'm not just saying that because their ex ceo was Dave Brandon.

I've found a good pizzeria about 20 miles from my house and that's my go to place these days. If you are lucky enough to have one close to your house support independent pizzerias folks.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Wed 12 Jul 2017 - 11:08

I heard they changed the recipe but I dont know it seems like it changed again because this was a whole new level of taste explosion.  Maybe I just really had an extreme case of munchies, lol.
I swear by Jets but this is not far behind.  Double cheese, I dont usually get that but give it a try.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Wed 12 Jul 2017 - 11:22

I like Dominos' large pizza, but for some reason the medium tastes worse.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Wed 12 Jul 2017 - 12:02

I had two mediums two items $15 delivered. Aint that America
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed 30 Aug 2017 - 14:23

So we bought a new house and first night in we ordered dominoes since everything was packed up and we didn't feel like going out. I agree it seems better than last time I had it. I wasn't wild about the crust. Way too much bread. Seems like there's a lot of salt in the sauce and bread as well but it made me thirsty for beer.

Was quick delivery, tasted great and it didn't mess up my stomach.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict Wed 30 Aug 2017 - 14:41

Our daughter has a sesame allergy so Jets, Hungry Howies and many others are out.

Dominos does not have sesame crust (though a few franchises do offer it) so it is our go to pizza delivery. They in general do a much better job with allergy requests than other pizza places. Not my favorite pizza but cheap and the daughter can have it.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed 30 Aug 2017 - 15:24

MSU addict wrote:Our daughter has a sesame allergy so Jets, Hungry Howies and many others are out.

Dominos does not have sesame crust (though a few franchises do offer it) so it is our go to pizza delivery. They in general do a much better job with allergy requests than other pizza places. Not my favorite pizza but cheap and the daughter can have it.

I'm not surprised to hear that, their customer service and attention to detail is pretty impressive.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Wed 30 Aug 2017 - 15:26

I got news for ya, Little Caesars' Extra Most Bestest pizza is actually really solid.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed 30 Aug 2017 - 15:30

Fuck Dominos. Walvie-loving fuckity fucks.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed 30 Aug 2017 - 15:36

tGreenWay wrote: Fuck Dominos. Walvie-loving fuckity fucks.

F'ers wouldn't re-sign Gibby and Morris. Fuck Dominos.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed 30 Aug 2017 - 15:41

Floyd Robertson wrote:
tGreenWay wrote: Fuck Dominos. Walvie-loving fuckity fucks.

F'ers wouldn't re-sign Gibby and Morris. Fuck Dominos.

And Monaghan trashed them on their way out. I know he's not affiliated w/Dominos anymore, but fuck Dominos, fuck Monaghan, and fuck those ugly blue and orange seats that replaced the beautiful green seats in Tiger Stadium.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next