Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dominos is unreal now

+18
CORNER BLITZ
Cameron
Space Lord
MSU addict
Death Roe
tGreenWay
SeeRockCity
StylesGShmooth
CaptainSlow33
GRR Spartan
Izzo Court
Floyd Robertson
The Pantry
Turtleneck
WhiteBoyHatcher
Stoops21
steveschneider
Herbie Green
22 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Dominos is unreal now - Page 2 Empty Re: Dominos is unreal now

Post by Space Lord Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:10 pm

When I was a freshman at MSU (well into the previous century) Dominos was the latest thing. They would actually deliver pizzas to the dorms on Sunday nights when the cafeterias were closed. The addresses and telephone #'s of all their locations on earth were on the box. I believe there were two in Ann Arbor and one each in Ypsi and East Lansing. I loved it then.
Space Lord
Space Lord
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:37 pm

Space Lord wrote:When I was a freshman at MSU (well into the previous century) Dominos was the latest thing. They would actually deliver pizzas to the dorms on Sunday nights when the cafeterias were closed. The addresses and telephone #'s of all their locations on earth were on the box. I believe there were two in Ann Arbor and one each in Ypsi and East Lansing. I loved it then.
We ordered Dominos for Sunday dorm delivery in the late 70's. Forget how the pizza was but it obviously wasn't as good as Bells because we started ordering from there instead...awesome grinders too.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:39 pm

Space Lord wrote:When I was a freshman at MSU (well into the previous century) Dominos was the latest thing. They would actually deliver pizzas to the dorms on Sunday nights when the cafeterias were closed. The addresses and telephone #'s of all their locations on earth were on the box. I believe there were two in Ann Arbor and one each in Ypsi and East Lansing. I loved it then.

If I remember right it was a large pizza and 4 watery Pepsis for $10 - it was our Sunday night GoTo.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:48 pm

*Turtleneck, please note how old these two ^sumbitches are, then think about that the next time you call me old.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:55 pm

LooseGoose wrote:

If I remember right it was a large pizza and 4 watery Pepsis for $10 - it was our Sunday night GoTo.
We sometimes went into town. One place (think it was Lizards Lounge) had all you could eat spaghetti for like $4
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:58 pm

tGreenWay wrote:*Turtleneck, please note how old these two ^sumbitches are, then think about that the next time you call me old.

I do not think you are old. I think LWS is old. I would say you are 44-47 if I had to guess, which means your life is more than half over...but you're not old.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:19 pm

tGreenWay wrote:*Turtleneck, please note how old these two ^sumbitches are, then think about that the next time you call me old.
Punk. Turtleneck too.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:14 pm

The Pantry wrote:
Punk. Turtleneck too.

No salsa verde packets today?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:23 pm

The Pantry wrote:
Punk. Turtleneck too.

Yep, and don't you forget it, gramps. (Until you can't help it, I mean.)
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:24 pm

Turtleneck wrote:

I do not think you are old. I think LWS is old. I would say you are 44-47 if I had to guess, which means your life is more than half over...but you're not old.

Fifty-four going on 13.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:02 pm

I just want to chime in in agreement that Hungry Howie's is the worst.

I will always love Little Caesars because I used to eat them all the time in HS for lunch. Splitting a $5 hot-n-ready two/three ways always felt like a better value than McDonalds/BK. I know in my head that it's not good pizza (though I will second the Extra Most Bestest being legit), but I still buy a hot-n-ready about once a month.

Domino's is pretty good, but if I'm not going for the cheapness of Little Caesar's, I'd always rather pay a little more than Domino's for a pizza from a non-chain local place.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:56 pm

Death Roe wrote:I got news for ya, Little Caesars' Extra Most Bestest pizza is actually really solid.

anytime LC comes out with a new pizza it is usually pretty solid for a couple months...then they stop giving a shit again and its just meh
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:05 pm

Dominos and most chain food is terrible. With that being said, I'll eat it.
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:09 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Fifty-four going on 13.

Dude, I think you are all Gen X.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:42 pm

I still lol @ Domino's being "unreal".

Some of the pizza I had in Philly this weekend (NY style) was pretty damned good. Maybe not unreal like Domino's.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:04 am

Don't even get herbie started on applebees wbh.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:39 am

MSU addict wrote:Our daughter has a sesame allergy so Jets, Hungry Howies and many others are out.  

Dominos does not have sesame crust (though a few franchises do offer it) so it is our go to pizza delivery.  They in general do a much better job with allergy requests than other pizza places.  Not my favorite pizza but cheap and the daughter can have it.  

Wait what the fuck even is a sesame allergy? I mean. I understand the concept.

You guys we gotta have a talk about allergies in this country. I mean, what the fuck? A sesame allergy isn't a thing. I mean,  I guess if she's gonna die as a result it's a thing. But why is it a thing? This didn't used to be a thing. Why is this a thing? I have crackpot theories that don't relate to vaccinations if you'd like to hear them.

Last edited by Travis of the Cosmos on Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:44 am

Note- before some guy gets mad at me for shitting on his daughters allergy....

I get that sesame allergies are the same as peanut allergies and cause the same reactions. But what the fuck why? It seems like it's a new development, something that wasn't considered even 20 years ago. Again, I have my theories.

Also note- before some guy gets mad for shitting on his thread- you started a thread about why dominos is so great. I'm going to talk about whatever the fuck I want in here because that's so stupid
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:45 am

How are you guys feeling about your respective soccer teams ahead of #transferdeadlineday?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:58 am

Feeling good.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:57 am

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:How are you guys feeling about your respective soccer teams ahead of #transferdeadlineday?

Soccer, again? Go back to talking about sesame allergies.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:42 am

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:How are you guys feeling about your respective soccer teams ahead of #transferdeadlineday?

The United are struggling a bit. Not sure they're going to make the playoffs.

Going to their new stadium tonight. I'll let you know how the pizza is.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:24 am

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I still lol @ Domino's being "unreal".

Some of the pizza I had in Philly this weekend (NY style) was pretty damned good. Maybe not unreal like Domino's.

I love the food out in Philly and it is always a fun town to visit. Their pizza is pretty underrated if you ask me.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:33 am

Here is a funny story steve. Not ha ha funny but ironic funny.

I had some time to kill on Monday afternoon after leaving the office. I read that the Reading Market was the top tourist attraction in the city and after googling it I found it was right near my hotel, literally across the street. If you've never been there it's pretty cool, a bunch of markets with produce, meat, etc and a bunch of counter service restaurants of all different variety/ethnicities. I walked around it a couple of times and saw there was an open air pub right in the middle of it. I'm like yeah, I'm gonna grab a seat there, have a couple of IPAs and then decide what food I want to grab for dinner. I stroll back to the pub, and am about to enter and there is a fat douchebag seated right at the center of the bar itself with a bright yellow Michigan shirt on and a UM hat. Instantly killed my plans. Left the Market, walked around the city instead.

WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:48 am

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Here is a funny story steve. Not ha ha funny but ironic funny.

I had some time to kill on Monday afternoon after leaving the office. I read that the Reading Market was the top tourist attraction in the city and after googling it I found it was right near my hotel, literally across the street. If you've never been there it's pretty cool, a bunch of markets with produce, meat, etc and a bunch of counter service restaurants of all different variety/ethnicities. I walked around it a couple of times and saw there was an open air pub right in the middle of it. I'm like yeah, I'm gonna grab a seat there, have a couple of IPAs and then decide what food I want to grab for dinner. I stroll back to the pub, and am about to enter and there is a fat douchebag seated right at the center of the bar itself with a bright yellow Michigan shirt on and a UM hat. Instantly killed my plans. Left the Market, walked around the city instead.

I don't know the layout of that town that well, but I think that's like 5-10 minutes away from the cheese steak shop around the corner from Betsy Ross's house. That town is so good for beer, food, sports and concerts.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:50 am

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Here is a funny story steve. Not ha ha funny but ironic funny.

Also there's so many good options in that town that there's no reason to sit next to some obnoxious Walverine. You made the right call.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:55 am

I actually didn't even get a cheese steak. I don't do cheez wiz and I didn't want to get made fun of like John Kerry.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:06 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I actually didn't even get a cheese steak. I don't do cheez wiz and I didn't want to get made fun of like John Kerry.

Oh dude, you gotta check it out. I don't eat much red meat but I make an exception for a philly cheese steak. The grease and onions cuts the flavor of the cheese wiz. You can also substitute it for something else.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:54 pm

Cheese whiz is fucking gross. Nothing wrong with ordering provolone instead.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:21 pm

Deluca's FTW.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:58 pm

Cheesesteak is so overrated.  Now, the roast pork, that's what's up.  Tony Lukes.  Add some brocolli rabe
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:29 pm

Cheesesteak sucks.  If they served you a slice of Dominos in one of those dumps you would be here posting about the best pizza ever.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:21 pm

Herbie Green wrote:Cheesesteak sucks.  If they served you a slice of Dominos in one of those dumps you would be here posting about the best pizza ever.

Where in Holt were you eating when someone served you a slice of Dominos?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:28 pm

Herbie Green wrote:Cheesesteak sucks.  If they served you a slice of Dominos in one of those dumps you would be here posting about the best pizza ever.
You're clearly fishing. Cheesesteaks are excellent.

Best sandwich in Michigan is Tubby's Mushroom Steak & Cheese.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:06 am

Have you had a real cheese steak in Philly? You have to go to one of the zagat rated ones that have a long line full of tourists. Go during the off hours for shorter lines. I don't think a cheese steak in Michigan is going to be the same. I've never had one like it outside of Philadelphia.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:21 am

steveschneider wrote:Have you had a real cheese steak in Philly? You have to go to one of the zagat rated ones that have a long line full of tourists. Go during the off hours for shorter lines. I don't think a cheese steak in Michigan is going to be the same. I've never had one like it outside of Philadelphia.

Domino’s Philly Cheese Steak

A True Taste of Philly

Each sandwich has beautifully sliced portions of steak that are placed onto our tasty bread. Then we add layers of traditional cheese steak vegetables, including fresh onions, green peppers, and, of course, mushrooms. Once the steak slices and vegetables have been placed, it’s time to add the cheeses. At Domino’s, we use both provolone and American cheese on our Philly. Then, we bake our Philly Cheese Steak until it’s golden brown. Once the sandwich is ready to come out of the oven, the Domino’s crew packs your freshly made Philly Cheese Steak into one of our sturdy, corrugated boxes — so that when it arrives, it’s hot and delicious.

I bet they don't use sturdy, corrugated boxes at those places in Philly!
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:00 pm

This place has decent cheesesteaks.

Lennys Subs

There's one near the GM Tech Center that we sometimes have cater lunches at work. Looks like it's mostly a Southern chain.
Next closest location is Louisville, KY
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:11 pm

I love the food snobs in this thread. lol!
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:19 pm

The Pantry wrote:This place has decent cheesesteaks.  

Lennys Subs

There's one near the GM Tech Center that we sometimes have cater lunches at work.  Looks like it's mostly a Southern chain.

There was a Lenny's in Lansing.  On Washington Square right next to Dominos actually.  Closed last year though.
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:31 pm

StylesGShmooth wrote:
The Pantry wrote:This place has decent cheesesteaks.  

Lennys Subs

There's one near the GM Tech Center that we sometimes have cater lunches at work.  Looks like it's mostly a Southern chain.

There was a Lenny's in Lansing.  On Washington Square right next to Dominos actually.  Closed last year though.
From what I read there was another one in Jackson that also closed. Not sure why. Subs are pretty good. Maybe just bad locations.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next