Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Geomagnetic storm happened. Look for northern lights all over Michigan Sunday/Monday night.

+7
He Got It!
Travis of the Cosmos
WhiteBoyHatcher
The Pantry
tGreenWay
Turtleneck
DWags
11 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Geomagnetic storm happened. Look for northern lights all over Michigan Sunday/Monday night.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Geomagnetic storm happened. Look for northern lights all over Michigan Sunday/Monday night.

Post by DWags 2017-07-17, 02:45

tGreenWay wrote:
DWags wrote:

They're all over the east side. See them perfectly. I wonder if God allowed those heathens on the west side to see them.

Nothing but crystal clear skies here, but none of what was promised. You broke the northern lights. Nice work, asshat.

Maybe you was looking in the wrong direction? You didn't see thisGeomagnetic storm happened. Look for northern lights all over Michigan Sunday/Monday night.  - Page 2 2czu4jk
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Geomagnetic storm happened. Look for northern lights all over Michigan Sunday/Monday night.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Geomagnetic storm happened. Look for northern lights all over Michigan Sunday/Monday night.

Post by kingstonlake 2017-07-17, 04:47

City fucks.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-07-17, 09:24

Geomagnetic storm happened. Look for northern lights all over Michigan Sunday/Monday night.  - Page 2 636358718195137189-Capture

Must-see: Northern lights appear over Michigan's Mackinac Bridge

Video at link
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-07-17, 10:05

How cool would it have been to be on Bob's favorite place, mackinaw island last night?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2017-07-17, 10:53

LooseGoose wrote:Geomagnetic storm happened. Look for northern lights all over Michigan Sunday/Monday night.  - Page 2 636358718195137189-Capture

Must-see: Northern lights appear over Michigan's Mackinac Bridge

Video at link

Cool pic, but I don't get the Christmas tree theme. I think it would look boss as hell in white or blue light only.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-07-17, 11:23

Lake Superior Photo‏ @LAKSuperiorFoto 1h1 hour ago
around 11:30 last night, #marquettemi - hope everyone didn't pack it in before the real show started #northernlights #lakesuperiorGeomagnetic storm happened. Look for northern lights all over Michigan Sunday/Monday night.  - Page 2 DE8SGSwVYAEba0D
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2017-07-17, 11:25

Always get a good show in Brimley overlooking the bay.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2017-07-17, 17:06

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I'm just saying, I know what an East sider is. They root for Michigan. They drive pickup trucks. They have Calvin pissing stickers. They say "I seen". Trust me, my wife has worked there for 16 years. That's not shit you do in Troy or Rochester. There's like a Chaldean buffer between here and that.
This is exactly correct. The buffer runs roughly from Mound Rd to Dequindre...then it turns West side.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-07-17, 17:25

The Pantry wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I'm just saying, I know what an East sider is. They root for Michigan. They drive pickup trucks. They have Calvin pissing stickers. They say "I seen". Trust me, my wife has worked there for 16 years. That's not shit you do in Troy or Rochester. There's like a Chaldean buffer between here and that.
This is exactly correct. The buffer runs roughly from Mound Rd to Dequindre...then it turns West side.

That's just macomb county greenway. All you're saying is macomb county.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-07-17, 17:40

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
The Pantry wrote:This is exactly correct. The buffer runs roughly from Mound Rd to Dequindre...then it turns West side.

Who in thee hell are you talking to?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-07-17, 17:41

tGreenWay wrote:

I'm sorry greenway. I just instinctively yelled at you.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-07-17, 17:43

tGreenWay wrote:

I'm sorry greenway. I just instinctively yelled at you.

That's fine, but I'm banking this one. When I know you're going to yell at me, imma remind you of this moment and you'll have to keep it to yourself.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-07-17, 17:43

DWags wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Nothing but crystal clear skies here, but none of what was promised. You broke the northern lights. Nice work, asshat.

Maybe you was looking in the wrong direction? You didn't see thisGeomagnetic storm happened. Look for northern lights all over Michigan Sunday/Monday night.  - Page 2 2czu4jk

Wrong direction? How many norths are there?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-07-17, 18:06

tGreenWay wrote:
DWags wrote:

One. Doesn't mean you were looking there.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2017-07-17, 19:30

Funny thing is the one time I saw the Northern Lights, here in West side Troy, they were directly overhead. Sky was cloudless and flashing random patches that had no color but whitish-gray.

The Northern Lights Don’t Look Anything Like They Do In Photos
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-07-17, 19:48

The Pantry wrote:Funny thing is the one time I saw the Northern Lights, here in West side Troy, they were directly overhead. Sky was cloudless and flashing random patches that had no color but whitish-gray.

That's how they looked the first time I saw them as a teenager at the family cottage outside of Petoskey. I kept staring at the sky overhead, trying to figure out why it was moving the way it was. It had an ethereal, pulsating, plasma-like look to it in the same whitish-gray. I finally asked someone and they told me northern lights. Every time I've seen them since, it's been in traditional streaky, up/down greens and less often in red.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-07-17, 19:49

DWags wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

One. Doesn't mean you were looking there.

You're safe here; it's okay to admit you screwed it up for everyone in the Southern Lower.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-07-17, 19:50

tGreenWay wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Funny thing is the one time I saw the Northern Lights, here in West side Troy, they were directly overhead. Sky was cloudless and flashing random patches that had no color but whitish-gray.

That's how they looked the first time I saw them as a teenager at the family cottage outside of Petoskey. I kept staring at the sky overhead, trying to figure out why it was moving the way it was. It had an ethereal, pulsating, plasma-like look to it in the same whitish-gray. I finally asked someone and they told me northern lights. Every time I've seen them since, it's been in traditional streaky, up/down greens and less often in red.

Windowpane or blotter?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2017-07-17, 20:26

tGreenWay wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Funny thing is the one time I saw the Northern Lights, here in West side Troy, they were directly overhead.  Sky was cloudless and flashing random patches that had no color but whitish-gray.

Spot-on description of what I saw.  

Like the Moon and Sun appear larger close to the horizon, the lights probably gain more color when seen through more of the Earth's atmosphere.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-07-17, 23:48

You know, one other thing... Woodward is the line because Woodward is the line in Detroit. Again, just so we're clear on this point, east side does not mean macomb county. It is not socioeconomic. It is not cultural. It means east of Woodward. This is final. Accept it Troy kids who can't embrace your own reality. Maybe talk to Shelby and Rochester people to find out how they accept it into their hearts.

Geomagnetic storm happened. Look for northern lights all over Michigan Sunday/Monday night.  - Page 2 410px-Detroit_districts_map
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-07-18, 00:15

Bleh. I'm starting to realize what's going on here. You grew up on the East side and you don't want to accept the stereotypes that come with it, so you're trying to make this a geographical thing when it's not. It somehow boosts your inner redneck ego to associate yourself with Rochester and Clarkston and swaths of Birmingham as fellow "east siders". That's gotta be it.

What do I win.

Listen, there's nothing wrong with it. It's just a different mindset, different way of life. It might be Macomb County, it might be swaths of Oakland and Wayne and even that other county up there that I'm not sure what it's called. It's a mindset, a way of life, a unique language of the tongues. A proclivity to rev your engine at a stop light and set up drag races on Mound Road and swear that there has never been a better pizza slice than you can find at Buscemi's. It's buying a $450k house on 1/16th of an acre with no trees and not being able to afford to furnish it. It's telling anyone who will listen - with a straight face - that you could throw a football over them mountains, and if coach woulda left you in, you woulda taken States. It's jumping a guy on New Year's Eve at the bar who gave a midnight hug to a friend of a friend's wife. It's meeting your wife and the future mother of your children at the Hayloft.

I don't know how to put it any better than that. I love you Travis but you are...just really naive (and wrong) here. Sorry about your upbringing in Clinton Township, bro.

Signed,

-Fellow East Sider
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-07-18, 00:18

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Bleh. I'm starting to realize what's going on here. You grew up on the East side and you don't want to accept the stereotypes that come with it, so you're trying to make this a geographical thing when it's not. It somehow boosts your inner redneck ego to associate yourself with Rochester and Clarkston and swaths of Birmingham as fellow "east siders". That's gotta be it.

What do I win.

Listen, there's nothing wrong with it. It's just a different mindset, different way of life. It might be Macomb County, it might be swaths of Oakland and Wayne and even that other county up there that I'm not sure what it's called. It's a mindset, a way of life, a unique language of the tongues. A proclivity to rev your engine at a stop light and set up drag races on Mound Road and swear that there has never been a better pizza slice than you can find at Buscemi's. It's buying a $450k house on 1/16th of an acre with no trees and not being able to afford to furnish it. It's telling anyone who will listen - with a straight face - that you could throw a football over them mountains, and if coach woulda left you in, you woulda taken States. It's jumping a guy on New Year's Eve at the bar who gave a midnight hug to a friend of a friend's wife. It's meeting your wife and the future mother of your children at the Hayloft.

I don't know how to put it any better than that. I love you Travis but you are...just really naive (and wrong) here. Sorry about your upbringing in Clinton Township, bro.

Signed,

-Fellow East Sider

Not really. I accept that I am way better at bowling than most because of a genetic geographical predisposition. Here's the problem. I'm telling you that east side is east of Woodward, as it is in the city. You, and the rest of the #troyboyz are telling me it's this. This makes no sense whatsoever.

Geomagnetic storm happened. Look for northern lights all over Michigan Sunday/Monday night.  - Page 2 Img_2611

I did grow up in macomb county, and that is something I'm working through with my therapist. We don't talk about east side. We talk about macomb county.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-07-18, 00:23

Yeah, I'm telling you that's what it is. Because, again...."east side" in this Metro area is not a geographical thing. It's a mindset. I could draw you my map, including new Persia, but it wouldn't change your opinion, because you think the East Side is a land borderline. It's not.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-07-18, 00:26

I mean honestly Travis, you're gonna tell someone who lives in Adams Castle that they're an East Sider? You're gonna tell someone who lives at Lone Pine and Squirrel that they're an East Sider? Because they live East of Woodward? Ok. Have fun on your island.

WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-07-18, 00:28

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Yeah, I'm telling you that's what it is. Because, again...."east side" in this Metro area is not a geographical thing. It's a mindset. I could draw you my map, including new Persia, but it wouldn't change your opinion, because you think the East Side is a land borderline. It's not.

Haha. I do understand what you're saying. But that's actually more of a recent development. The historic truth is that it actually isn't a "mindset"... it's just there is literally east side and west side. That's why it's named after geography. East and west and all that. the problem is that you're getting lumped in with macomb, which maybe isn't fair these days. (Though I still think you prefer bud heavy.) but that doesn't change the meaning of it. Just that maybe it's not the best social economical description of the area.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-07-18, 00:29

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I mean honestly Travis, you're gonna tell someone who lives in Adams Castle that they're an East Sider? You're gonna tell someone who lives at Lone Pine and Squirrel that they're an East Sider? Because they live East of Woodward? Ok. Have fun on your island.

Sure, yeah, why not? Plenty of rich people in Shelby and macomb township I think and definitely GP. They're east sides too. You gonna tell people in Romulus that they're west side? Cause they are.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-07-18, 00:31

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Bleh. I'm starting to realize what's going on here. You grew up on the East side and you don't want to accept the stereotypes that come with it, so you're trying to make this a geographical thing when it's not. It somehow boosts your inner redneck ego to associate yourself with Rochester and Clarkston and swaths of Birmingham as fellow "east siders". That's gotta be it.

What do I win.

Signed,

-Fellow East Sider

Not really. I accept that I am way better at bowling than most because of a genetic geographical predisposition. Here's the problem. I'm telling you that east side is east of Woodward, as it is in the city. You, and the rest of the #troyboyz are telling me it's this. This makes no sense whatsoever.

Geomagnetic storm happened. Look for northern lights all over Michigan Sunday/Monday night.  - Page 2 Img_2611

I did grow up in macomb county, and that is something I'm working through with my therapist. We don't talk about east side. We talk about macomb county.

What else do you tell the rapist?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-07-18, 00:34

Ok. I appreciate the civil debate. I'm bowing out right now because it's golf league night and I need to go to sleep so I can operate in the morning and do work and work out and all that stuff. But I still think you're wrong. Cheers my fellow East Sider. I still owe you some Pro VIs.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-07-18, 00:34

tGreenWay wrote:

It's mostly about the swill
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-07-18, 00:35

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Ok. I appreciate the civil debate. I'm bowing out right now because it's golf league night and I need to go to sleep so I can operate in the morning and do work and work out and all that stuff. But I still think you're wrong. Cheers my fellow East Sider. I still owe you some Pro VIs.

I'm mostly just fucking around here. Haha. I do recognize the difference between Troy and warren.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-07-18, 00:38

tGreenWay wrote:

Say good things about us, Travis. Is the rapist hot?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-07-18, 00:39

I have no love for Troy. It's a very diverse community full of strip malls with very good schools. It's super lame. I do like that my kids can experience the diversity and I do like that they have good schools. I can think of at least 15 places I would rather we wound up in. But hey, we're here. And my kid is gonna dominate the rec basketball scene.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-07-18, 00:39

tGreenWay wrote:

No but I did go to my dentist tonight and she really is super hot. Not hygienist but the dentist. Makes it easier to get those bi weekly cleanings.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-07-18, 00:43

tGreenWay wrote:

No but I did go to my dentist tonight and she really is super hot. Not hygienist but the dentist. Makes it easier to get those bi weekly cleanings.

Will need a link to this medical professional. My dentist is a good dude but he has meaty hands that barely fit into anyone's mouth.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-07-18, 00:47

tGreenWay wrote:

Will need a link to this medical professional. My dentist is a good dude but he has meaty hands that barely fit into anyone's mouth.

I'm not going to be a creep like that since the reality is that right now I'm the only patient she's in love with. I don't want her to expand her practice too much.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-07-18, 00:54

tGreenWay wrote:

I'm not going to be a creep like that since the reality is that right now I'm the only patient she's in love with. I don't want her to expand her practice too much.

I want her to expand my practice.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-07-18, 01:01

tGreenWay wrote:

You know what greenway? I'm feeling pretty nice tonight. I pmed you.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-07-18, 01:21

tGreenWay wrote:

You know what greenway? I'm feeling pretty nice tonight. I pmed you.

I heartily approve. Is she Italian? I'm getting an Italian vibe from her.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-07-18, 07:29

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:It's meeting your wife and the future mother of your children at the Hayloft.

Good god - is that place still open?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-07-18, 07:43

LooseGoose wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:It's meeting your wife and the future mother of your children at the Hayloft.  

Good god - is that place still open?  

Name changed a few years ago.

Geomagnetic storm happened. Look for northern lights all over Michigan Sunday/Monday night.  - Page 2 Coyote%20Joe%27s

I drive by it every day on the way home from work. Judging by a few of these pics, I might have to start liking country music and hanging out there.

18 photos of Ladies’ Night at Coyote Joe’s
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next