Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"You cannot say that to the press," Trump tells Mexican president

+2
Travis of the Cosmos
Turtleneck
6 posters

Go down

"You cannot say that to the press," Trump tells Mexican president Empty "You cannot say that to the press," Trump tells Mexican president

Post by Turtleneck Thu 3 Aug 2017 - 10:15

Highlights from the Janurary phone calls with Mexican President Enrique Peña Nieto and Australian PM Malcolm Turnbull.

“You cannot say that to the press,” Trump said repeatedly, according to a transcript of the Jan. 27 call obtained by The Washington Post. Trump made clear that he realized the funding would have to come from other sources but threatened to cut off contact if Mexican President Enrique Peña Nieto continued to make defiant statements.

The funding “will work out in the formula somehow,” Trump said, adding later that “it will come out in the wash, and that is okay.” But “if you are going to say that Mexico is not going to pay for the wall, then I do not want to meet with you guys anymore because I cannot live with that.”

He described the wall as “the least important thing we are talking about, but politically this might be the most important.”

Peña Nieto resisted, saying that Trump’s repeated threats had placed “a very big mark on our back, Mr. President.” He warned that “my position has been and will continue to be very firm, saying that Mexico cannot pay for the wall.”

Trump objected: “But you cannot say that to the press. The press is going to go with that, and I cannot live with that.”

Searching for an exit, Peña Nieto reiterated that the border plan “is an issue related to the dignity of Mexico and goes to the national pride of my country” but agreed to “stop talking about the wall.”

“We have a massive drug problem where kids are becoming addicted to drugs because the drugs are being sold for less money than candy,” Trump said. “I won New Hampshire because New Hampshire is a drug-infested den.”

“This is going to kill me,” he said to Turnbull. “I am the world’s greatest person that does not want to let people into the country. And now I am agreeing to take 2,000 people.”

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

"You cannot say that to the press," Trump tells Mexican president Empty Re: "You cannot say that to the press," Trump tells Mexican president

Post by Turtleneck Thu 3 Aug 2017 - 10:23

Full transcripts. Some good stuff.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2017/politics/australia-mexico-transcripts/?utm_term=.695beacbea94
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

"You cannot say that to the press," Trump tells Mexican president Empty Re: "You cannot say that to the press," Trump tells Mexican president

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu 3 Aug 2017 - 10:29

Thanks Reince.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Thu 3 Aug 2017 - 10:34

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Thanks Reince.

"You cannot say that to the press," Trump tells Mexican president 4113017228 Reince has a copy of the pee tapes.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu 3 Aug 2017 - 10:36

Turtleneck wrote:

"You cannot say that to the press," Trump tells Mexican president 4113017228 Reince has a copy of the pee tapes.

I hope so *fingers crossed
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Thu 3 Aug 2017 - 10:44

Blake Hounshell‏Verified account
@blakehounshell
Car-crash aspect aside, it is probably not good that the president's phone calls with world leaders are leaking.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Thu 3 Aug 2017 - 10:53

Daniel W. Drezner‏Verified account @dandrezner  2m2 minutes ago
The White House has fired a fair number of people over the past two weeks. What are the odds one of them leaked the phone transcripts?

Yesterday two National Security Council employees linked to Bannon were fired. I was going to start a thread because it looks like McMaster and Kelly might be doing some house cleaning in that regard.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu 3 Aug 2017 - 10:55

Turtleneck wrote:

The White House has fired a fair number of people over the past two weeks. What are the odds one of them leaked the phone transcripts?

Yesterday two National Security Council employees linked to Bannon were fired. I was going to start a thread because it looks like McMaster and Kelly might be doing some house cleaning in that regard.

Daniel Drezner steals my posts on the reg
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Thu 3 Aug 2017 - 10:58

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Daniel Drezner steals my posts on the reg

...and now they are freaking out, Travis.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/08/03/national-security-council-mcmaster-purging-pro-israel-staff-undermines-trumps-agenda/
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Thu 3 Aug 2017 - 10:59

Trump cannot comprehend that POTUS can't operate like a real estate developer running a family business.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Thu 3 Aug 2017 - 11:01

GRR Spartan wrote:Trump cannot comprehend that POTUS can't operate like a real estate developer running a family business.

This is true.

Also, did you hear we are allies? Loose said so. It was news to me, too. Welcome to the alliance, bro!
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Thu 3 Aug 2017 - 11:29

Why Leaking Transcripts of Trump's Calls Is So Dangerous: When the president’s opponents violate norms to undermine him, they do lasting damage to American security.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/08/why-leaking-transcripts-of-trumps-calls-is-so-dangerous/535809/?utm_source=atltw
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Thu 3 Aug 2017 - 17:09

Top Dem Wants Congress to Investigate Trump Transcript Leaks
http://www.thedailybeast.com/top-dem-wants-congress-to-investigate-trump-transcript-leaks
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu 3 Aug 2017 - 17:36

This morning WaPo thought they'd have the big story of the day. Lol #liberalmedia #dumb #sofuckingdumb #maga
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu 3 Aug 2017 - 18:31

Goose must be busy typing up a very angry letter to POTUS.

Last edited by tGreenWay on Thu 3 Aug 2017 - 18:39; edited 1 time in total
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Thu 3 Aug 2017 - 18:33

He got a fax from Fox that said to bump the Devos and climate change threads to detract.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu 3 Aug 2017 - 18:40

Turtleneck wrote:He got a fax from Fox that said to bump the Devos and climate change threads to detract.

Don't forget the science thread. A man gave birth to a baby!
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu 3 Aug 2017 - 18:41

Turtleneck wrote:He got a fax from Fox that said to bump the Devos and climate change threads to detract.

What's a fax?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu 3 Aug 2017 - 18:47

What's a fax?

Candy ass millennial.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Thu 3 Aug 2017 - 19:00

Millennials are ruining this country.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu 3 Aug 2017 - 19:00

tGreenWay wrote:

What's a fax?

Candy ass millennial.

Garbage eating boomer here you guys! We got a garbage eating boomer!
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu 3 Aug 2017 - 20:08

Turtleneck wrote:Blake Hounshell‏Verified account
@blakehounshell
Car-crash aspect aside, it is probably not good that the president's phone calls with world leaders are leaking.

This. I hate this administration as much as anyone, but tighten this shit up please
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu 3 Aug 2017 - 20:37

tGreenWay wrote:

Candy ass millennial.

I'm only half Boomer. Im also half GenXer. The only garbage I eat are Doritos.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Thu 3 Aug 2017 - 20:50

tGreenWay wrote:

I'm all Boomer. Im a wannabe GenXer. The only garbage I eat are Doritos.

Fixed
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu 3 Aug 2017 - 20:52

tGreenWay wrote:

I'm only half Boomer. Im also half GenXer. The only garbage I eat are Doritos.

I'm all boomer. These dumbasses will pay for my SS at 62 and when they get there it's gonna be gone. Fuck them.

I eat well.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu 3 Aug 2017 - 21:20

tGreenWay wrote:

I'm only half Boomer. Im also half GenXer. The only garbage I eat is literal shit because I'm a boomer and that fuels me. Shit is the only food I love.

Fixed
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Thu 3 Aug 2017 - 21:32

GreenWay listens to Springsteen and wears flannel.
#confused #partyofscience
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu 3 Aug 2017 - 21:35

tGreenway is a sellout to his generation. Nobody likes you. The Genx'ers don't want you and you've given up the Boomers. screw you. You might as well be a millennial.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu 3 Aug 2017 - 21:46

DWags wrote:tGreenway is a sellout to his generation. Nobody likes you. The Genx'ers don't want you and you've given up the Boomers. screw you. You might as well be a millennial.

I heard there's a sweet pile of garbage in warren you could go pick through you fucking scum
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu 3 Aug 2017 - 21:48

DWags wrote:tGreenway is a sellout to his generation. Nobody likes you. The Genx'ers don't want you and you've given up the Boomers. screw you. You might as well be a millennial.

I heard there's a sweet pile of garbage in warren you could go pick through you fucking scum

Just shut the hell up and get to work for the next 25 years while I collect SS and laugh at you schmucks. Keep healthy and grinding. I better see that check once a month.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Thu 3 Aug 2017 - 21:49

GreenWay is a Russian propagandist, too.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri 4 Aug 2017 - 12:14

Turtleneck wrote:GreenWay listens to Springsteen and wears flannel.
#confused #partyofscience
just by chance, I am actually listening to Springsteen ("Adam Raised a Cain" - Live '78-'85 version) and wearing flannel right now.

seriously. "You cannot say that to the press," Trump tells Mexican president 969504605
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down