Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

President 3rd candidate or President Trump in 24’?

+9
NigelUno
AvgMSUJoe
Travis of the Cosmos
DWags
gomersbro
Trapper Gus
Robert J Sakimano
Floyd Robertson
kingstonlake
13 posters

Go down

President 3rd candidate or President Trump in 24’? Empty President 3rd candidate or President Trump in 24’?

Post by kingstonlake 4/25/2023, 1:00 pm

Seems very possible. Cheney/other enters the race and nabs a couple states and off the the House of Representatives it goes. 26 votes win the Oval Office and the senate elects the VP.

President 3rd candidate or President Trump in 24’? 200.gif?cid=ddb306a54i22jprkiijaj7nml8vldj7igrcroqkvybl916vi&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=200
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

President 3rd candidate or President Trump in 24’? Empty Re: President 3rd candidate or President Trump in 24’?

Post by Floyd Robertson 4/25/2023, 1:26 pm

President 3rd candidate or President Trump in 24’? 200.gif?cid=ddb306a50th6n2421q3aqov6m6ukv44kcn766rkacj0kvqvs&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=200
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

President 3rd candidate or President Trump in 24’? Empty Re: President 3rd candidate or President Trump in 24’?

Post by Robert J Sakimano 4/25/2023, 1:28 pm

America is stupid enough to do it.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 4/25/2023, 1:51 pm

What are there roughly 30 states controlled by republican legislatures?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 4/25/2023, 1:59 pm

Edit I think it’s
28 R
19 D
2 Split (Va, Pa)
1 Non partisan (Neb)
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 4/25/2023, 3:35 pm

The US House votes if there is not a majority of Electoral College votes.

If I remember correctly, Each State gets one vote, and right now, I believe that 26 US House State Representative memberships are majority Republican so presumably they would vote that way.  I'm unclear which Congress would actually vote, the existing 118th or the 119th which would be sworn in on January 3rd 2025.

What the State Legislatures memberships are doesn't matter.

The possible outcome of Chaney entering the race would be that Trump, if that is who is running for the Republicans, would lose more of the purple states to Biden, due to the Republican vote being split.  I'm unsure if a third party has ever in our history actually won a state.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by gomersbro 4/25/2023, 4:01 pm

Trapper Gus wrote: I'm unsure if a third party has ever in our history actually won a state.
Yes it has happened. Wallace won several in 1968 being the last time. Teddy Roosevelt also won a bunch with the Bull Moose Party.
gomersbro
Spartiate

tGreenWay and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 4/25/2023, 4:51 pm

gomersbro wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote: I'm unsure if a third party has ever in our history actually won a state.
Yes it has happened. Wallace won several in 1968 being the last time. Teddy Roosevelt also won a bunch with the Bull Moose Party.

Thanks, I was thinking maybe Lincoln?

So in States where Wallace & TR didn't win the vote split enough that both times to other party won the EC outright?
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 4/25/2023, 5:11 pm

I also can see Cheney strategically placing herself on States ballots that would only negatively affect Trump. She hates that fucker.

Unlike how Nader wouldn’t take his name off the Florida ballot in 2000 and effectively won the presidency for Bush by taking 100k votes for himself.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 4/25/2023, 5:18 pm

There are approximately 17 people that would vote for Liz Cheney given the option and most of them wrote an article about it
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 4/25/2023, 5:23 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:There are approximately 17 people that would vote for Liz Cheney given the option and most of them wrote an article about it

I think Trump has exhausted a ton more republicans than you think. Especially the real buttoned down conservatives. But maybe that’s more of my hope than reality.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 4/25/2023, 5:25 pm

DWags wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:There are approximately 17 people that would vote for Liz Cheney given the option and most of them wrote an article about it

I think Trump has exhausted a ton more republicans than you think. Especially the real buttoned down conservatives. But maybe that’s more of my hope than reality.

There aren’t many of them left at this point.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 4/25/2023, 5:46 pm

The question is how many of them voted for Biden?

Who will the third party hurt more?
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 4/25/2023, 6:06 pm

Depends on how many where paying attention the last 4 years.
American Rescue Plan
Inflation Reduction Act
Chips act
Infrastructure
Ukraine

Yeah he's old and stammers, so fucking what.

Last edited by AvgMSUJoe on 4/25/2023, 9:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Floyd Robertson and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 4/25/2023, 6:22 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:America is stupid enough to do it.

A 3rd party candidate might win a little state like New Hampshire or something. Not going to win a state big enough to matter.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 4/25/2023, 7:01 pm

DWags wrote:I also can see Cheney strategically placing herself on States ballots that would only negatively affect Trump. She hates that fucker.

Unlike how Nader wouldn’t take his name off the Florida ballot in 2000 and effectively won the presidency for Bush by taking 100k votes for himself.
I tend to agree with this.

I'm not all that bright, but I can tell you that Liz Cheney will do everything under the sun to make sure the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator is never elected to office again.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

DWags and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 4/25/2023, 7:40 pm

Abortion could be enough to drive young voters back to the polls even if they don’t have the same excitement for Joe the second time around. Trump’s lunacy and now the loss of abortion rights could once again tip moderate and right of center women to vote for Joe. Add indy women voters and I like Biden’s chances.
However, I’m still not entirely convinced Joe is actually going to be the Dems nominee.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Trapper Gus and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 4/25/2023, 8:35 pm

DWags wrote:I also can see Cheney strategically placing herself on States ballots that would only negatively affect Trump.   She hates that fucker.  

If the Supreme Court hadn't stopped the recount in FL Gore would have won the Florida popular vote.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 4/25/2023, 9:06 pm

Trapper Gus wrote:
DWags wrote:I also can see Cheney strategically placing herself on States ballots that would only negatively affect Trump.   She hates that fucker.  

If the Supreme Court hadn't stopped the recount in FL Gore would have won the Florida popular vote.

We would t have needed it Nadar wasn’t on the ballot. No hanging chads no butterfly ballots nothing. Gore by 50K+
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 4/26/2023, 10:08 am

There have been way more elections where third party candidates won EC votes than I realized.

President 3rd candidate or President Trump in 24’? Scree141
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan 4/26/2023, 10:32 am

Trapper Gus wrote:

The popular vote and $2 would have gotten him a cup of coffee.
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 4/26/2023, 10:46 am

TravelinMan wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Or the Presidency, since the winner of the popular vote gets the EC votes.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan 4/26/2023, 11:02 am

Trapper Gus wrote:
TravelinMan wrote:

Once again, I love that you believe it's all that simple.
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 4/26/2023, 11:23 am

TravelinMan wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Once again you are trolling but provided zero back up for your fucked up opinion.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 5/1/2023, 8:41 am

[tw]1652989425532514304[/tw]
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 5/1/2023, 8:42 am

TravelinMan wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

[tw]1652979749205991425[/tw]
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

TravelinMan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 5/1/2023, 9:18 am

kingstonlake wrote:Seems very possible. Cheney/other enters the race and nabs a couple states and off the the House of Representatives it goes. 26 votes win the Oval Office and the senate elects the VP.

President 3rd candidate or President Trump in 24’? 200.gif?cid=ddb306a54i22jprkiijaj7nml8vldj7igrcroqkvybl916vi&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=200

States have to cast a single ballot. GreenWay can probably tell us more about the national discussion after the election of 1800 and ahead of the 12th Amendment's ratification since he was in his early 20s back then.

But in choosing the President, the votes shall be taken by states, the representation from each state having one vote; a quorum for this purpose shall consist of a member or members from two-thirds of the states, and a majority of all the states shall be necessary to a choice.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 5/5/2023, 7:52 am

A majority of the public agrees with Democrats …. on economic issues. On healthcare. On modestly progressive taxation. On abortion. On (not) criminalizing gender transition-related medical care. On (not) restricting drag show performances. On doing something about the warming climate. On (not) banning books. On guns.

And yet. Republicans might still win unified control of Washington in 2024. If they lose, it will only be narrowly.

So why are elections still so close?

Two words: Issue bundling.

https://leedrutman.substack.com/p/the-paradoxical-reason-republicans

A very mathematical explanation of why Republicans win elections, involving logical truth tables and a bit of fuzzy logic.

However, the simple explanation is that votes who believe strongly in one position that the Republicans support, I'm talking about you TM and your gun rights fetish, (Or RQA and his anti-abortion fetish) will vote for Republicans even though they disagree with them on everything else.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 5/5/2023, 8:27 am

Trapper Gus wrote:
A majority of the public agrees with Democrats …. on economic issues. On healthcare. On modestly progressive taxation. On abortion. On (not) criminalizing gender transition-related medical care. On (not) restricting drag show performances. On doing something about the warming climate. On (not) banning books. On guns.

And yet. Republicans might still win unified control of Washington in 2024. If they lose, it will only be narrowly.

A very mathematical explanation of why Republicans win elections, involving logical truth tables and a bit of fuzzy logic.

However, the simple explanation is that votes who believe strongly in one position that the Republicans support, I'm talking about you TM and your gun rights fetish, (Or RQA and his anti-abortion fetish) will vote for Republicans even though they disagree with them on everything else.

Ever since 2008 there's been "public consumption" you, and "voting booth" you. And a lot of times they are very different people.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 5/5/2023, 1:48 pm

Does anyone think that not running for President might end up being Trump's get out of jail free card?
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 5/5/2023, 2:42 pm

Nixon should have gone to jail and this POS needs to. One got away with it. I hope two don’t.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan 5/5/2023, 2:43 pm

Trapper Gus wrote:

Haven't voted Republican in 23 years. Leave me out of your theories.
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 5/5/2023, 3:39 pm

People voted for this cock sucker. People worship this cock sucker.

This is pure evil

[tw]1654551305572999168?s=46&t=o_-92Ldle66XHQBlJVUMFQ[/tw]
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 5/5/2023, 4:03 pm

TravelinMan wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

But have you voted straight Democratic, as there are only one choice
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 5/5/2023, 4:36 pm

DWags wrote:People voted for this cock sucker. People worship this cock sucker.

This is pure evil

I feel the need to remind everyone he got 80% of the "Christian" vote.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 5/5/2023, 5:10 pm

kingstonlake wrote:
DWags wrote:People voted for this cock sucker. People worship this cock sucker.

This is pure evil

I feel the need to remind everyone he got 80% of the "Christian" vote.

this is where you use the meme: "Classic Jesus, or Republican Jesus"?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan 5/5/2023, 5:26 pm

Trapper Gus wrote:
TravelinMan wrote:

Nope. Can't blame me for that, either.
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 5/5/2023, 5:50 pm

TravelinMan wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Sure I can. If you are not part of the solution you are part of the problem
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan 5/5/2023, 10:26 pm

Trapper Gus wrote:
TravelinMan wrote:

When you realize that neither party is "the solution" your whole world is going to crumble around you, and I will fear for your well being. Right now you are no better than a cult member, blindly following, rationalizing, and blame shifting. You need to learn to think for yourself.
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 5/6/2023, 7:52 am

TravelinMan wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

When you realize that neither party is "the solution" your whole world is going to crumble around you, and I will fear for your well being. Right now you are no better than a cult member, blindly following, rationalizing, and blame shifting. You need to learn to think for yourself.

Well I know what the Democrats enacted in the 117th Congress and what they wanted to enact, but couldn't due to two bought off Democratic Members.

So I can easily say they are the solution to a number of pressing issues such as fair Congressional Districts, consistent & fair voting rights, smoothing the economy during economic shocks, dealing with global climate change, improving life for the poor and reducing income inequalities.

The Republicans, I agree, are evil.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down