Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fucking Millennials - Another disappointment

+34
Jake from State Farm
Nordic
By-Tor
Other Teams Pursuing That
AvgMSUJoe
Turtleneck
Motown Spartan
aualum06
Cameron
InTenSity
AnomanderRake
Senior Dickfist
SawGreen
kingstonlake
Heat Miser
Bill Cain
I.B. Fine
Watch Out Pylon!
Frank Ricard
CORNER BLITZ
Robert J Sakimano
Death Roe
WhiteBoyHatcher
The Pantry
Travis of the Cosmos
steveschneider
Izzo Court
Floyd Robertson
Dr. Strangelove
NigelUno
Tim Wakefield
duffy munn
DWags
Dendrobates
38 posters

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Fucking Millennials - Another disappointment - Page 9 Empty Re: Fucking Millennials - Another disappointment

Post by steveschneider 2018-10-18, 11:59

Cameron wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

I like it because it's less filling.

Exactly what a woman would say.

Heh, spoken like an amateur. You obviously have never been a serious session drinker. We all love the microbrews, but the real drinkers that are putting in the hours need a beer that is less filling.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Fucking Millennials - Another disappointment - Page 9 Empty Re: Fucking Millennials - Another disappointment

Post by I.B. Fine 2018-10-18, 12:36

steveschneider wrote:
Cameron wrote:

Exactly what a woman would say.

Heh, spoken like an amateur. You obviously have never been a serious session drinker. We all love the microbrews, but the real drinkers that are putting in the hours need a beer that is less filling.
There are plenty of great 'session' beers available these days that don't base their claim to fame on the shape of their can or their celebrity endorsement, they actually have flavor.
All Day IPA is one Michigan based example that is infinitely better than Lite anything.
Many microbrews have now recognized the market and are addressing it, but then again, if you don't actually like beer, Lite is a great choice Fucking Millennials - Another disappointment - Page 9 969504605
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-10-18, 13:13

I love All Day IPA, but it is 50 more calories than light beer. I definitely prefer the All Day IPA but if you are in a serious drinking session a light beer is also a viable option.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2018-10-18, 16:37

steveschneider wrote:I love All Day IPA, but it is 50 more calories than light beer. I definitely prefer the All Day IPA but if you are in a serious drinking session a light beer is also a viable option.
I like Griffin Claw Gateway IPA better than All Day. It's also about 25 fewer calories than All Day.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-10-18, 16:47

Thanks, Pantry. I will check it out. Founders makes great stuff but I’m always into checking out new beer.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2018-10-18, 16:48

I used to be a light beer and count the calories in beer guy. No longer. If I have to worry about how many calories a beer has, I probably shouldn't be drinking beer.  Fuck sessions and light beers. Including All Day IPA. It's not an IPA in my book. If I'm going to drink an IPA, I'm going to drink a full bodied hoppy as fuck IPA (Dripa, Two Hearted, etc.). I'm not going to compromise taste for calories.

If I'm feeling a little chunky or haven't hit the gym, I just won't drink beer.

Last edited by Nordic on 2018-10-18, 16:56; edited 1 time in total
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2018-10-18, 16:53

Nordic wrote:I used to be a light beer and count the calories in beer guy. No longer. If I have to worry about how many calories a beer has, I probably shouldn't be drinking beer.  Fuck sessions and light beers. Including All Day IPA. It's not an IPA in my book. If I'm going to drink an IPA, I'm going to drink a gull bodied hoppy as fuck IPA (Dripa, Two Hearted, etc.). I'm not going to compromise taste for calories.

If I'm feeling a little chunky or haven't hit the gym, I just won't drink beer.

This guy gets it. I'd rather drink water than light beer. Catch pretty much the same buzz, actually...
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-10-18, 17:45

http://www.getty.edu/museum/programs/lectures/drinking_in_the_greek_manner_lecture.html

Greek Drinking Symposiums -

"Symposion is Greek for "drinking together"—reclining on couches and enjoying the famous triad of "wine, women and song." The ancient Greeks adapted rituals of communal drinking from the Near East, but they turned them into a style of life: this was euphrosyne (bliss), the highest form of pleasure, and the focus of aristocratic Greek art and culture."

Click on the link at look at the picture in the link "This red-figure volute krater from the 5th century B.C.E. would have been used to mix wine and water at a symposion."

Watering down, or going lighter in your drink is nothing new and is a viable strategy dating back centuries ago and adopted by some of the best drunks to ever walk this planet.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-10-23, 22:52

Have we talked about these guys in here yet? Scroll down to get an explanation

Jesus we categorize categories now.
Xennials.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-10-23, 23:00

DWags wrote:Have we talked about these guys in here yet?   Scroll down to get an explanation

Xennials.  
That would be me dwags. And the people you classified at a party you were at as not millennials (but actually probably are.) We’ve kinda talked about this before though, as there is some bleeding effect when you try to categorize generations. What’s really the difference between a boomer born in 1963 and a gen xer born in 1964? (None really. They’re both worthless fucking asshole boomers.)
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-10-23, 23:02

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
DWags wrote:Have we talked about these guys in here yet?   Scroll down to get an explanation

Xennials.  
That would be me dwags. And the people you classified at a party you were at as not millennials (but actually probably are.) We’ve kinda talked about this before though, as there is some bleeding effect when you try to categorize generations. What’s really the difference between a boomer born in 1963 and a gen xer born in 1964? (None really. They’re both worthless fucking asshole boomers.)

But I’m a 61 boomer so I’m cool.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2018-10-23, 23:07

Describes me pretty well Dwags.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2018-10-23, 23:34

DWags wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

But I’m a 61 boomer so I’m cool.
I'm a 59 boomer...even cooler.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-11-01, 20:30

Fucking brilliant
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-11-01, 20:36

DWags wrote:Fucking brilliant

We need to find a secure way for them to vote from their phones.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-11-02, 09:23

That article is pretty disingenuous dwags. If you include the probablys in with the definitelys (like it does when it talks about the percentages that won’t vote) then you’re looking at 57%. 57% would not only greatly exceed traditional young people voting rates, which is around 20%, it would exceed the historical turnout rate for midterms for the entire country (40%) and approach the turnout rate for the entire country for presidential elections (60%)

The whole article is “record turnout, not so fast” without actually talking about historical turnout. Why? Because even just the “definitelys” would in fact be record turnout for a midterm, and significantly at that. I mean, look at these rates below then re read that article. Based on the numbers provided, is there a situation where you can imagine that young people turnout would be anything other then a record for a midterm,  and probably a record for even presidential years for young people?

That was a very bad take bro.

Fucking Millennials - Another disappointment - Page 9 16-turnout-by-age.nocrop.w710.h2147483647
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-11-02, 10:10

Fucking Millennials - Another disappointment - Page 9 502811600
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-11-02, 10:11

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:That article is pretty disingenuous dwags. If you include the probablys in with the definitelys (like it does when it talks about the percentages that won’t vote) then you’re looking at 57%. 57% would not only greatly exceed traditional young people voting rates, which is around 20%, it would exceed the historical turnout rate for midterms for the entire country (40%) and approach the turnout rate for the entire country for presidential elections (60%)

The whole article is “record turnout, not so fast” without actually talking about historical turnout. Why? Because even just the “definitelys” would in fact be record turnout for a midterm, and significantly at that. I mean, look at these rates below then re read that article. Based on the numbers provided, is there a situation where you can imagine that young people turnout would be anything other then a record for a midterm,  and probably a record for even presidential years for young people?

Fucking Millennials - Another disappointment - Page 9 16-turnout-by-age.nocrop.w710.h2147483647

I certainly hope you're right. I'm sure there are a shit ton of people who won't vote from every age group, but will bitch about the results. I have a feeling though, that these midterms will have record number of voters turning out. From both sides and all ages. Maybe, in the end, it's the best thing that Trump has ever done for us as a nation.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-11-02, 10:21

DWags wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:That article is pretty disingenuous dwags. If you include the probablys in with the definitelys (like it does when it talks about the percentages that won’t vote) then you’re looking at 57%. 57% would not only greatly exceed traditional young people voting rates, which is around 20%, it would exceed the historical turnout rate for midterms for the entire country (40%) and approach the turnout rate for the entire country for presidential elections (60%)

I certainly hope you're right.   I'm sure there are a shit ton of people who won't vote from every age group, but will bitch about the results.   I have a feeling though, that these midterms will have record number of voters turning out.  From both sides and all ages.   Maybe, in the end, it's the best thing that Trump has ever done for us as a nation.  
Yeah I mean despite what the active’s headline is- it’s all just garbage clickbait.

Now, what will be interesting but can’t really be determined until after the fact is the millennial vote as a percentage of the total electorate. You’re right, every group is going to vote more than they usually do. So, the question really is “are millennials going to increase their voting rates more than the other groups?” That question really can’t be answered yet.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-11-06, 07:08

Saying younger voters are getting to the polls three times greater than usual. Way to go millennials
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-11-06, 08:01

Yup. Here's your chance facial hair, retro dress hat, skinny jeans wearing, dress like you cut down trees for a living but don't, chumps!

Get er done! Make me like you!
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-11-14, 10:25

Fucking Millennials - Another disappointment - Page 9 Sicpar10
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-11-14, 10:27

I don't know many Millenials doing that. Sure are a lot of 50-60 somethings doing it though.

"Oh, I had to move back in, she needed me." [sits on couch playing video games all day]
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2018-11-14, 10:58

Eligible milliennials managed to get 30% of their ilk to show up this past election day.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2018-11-14, 11:11

Jake from State Farm wrote:Eligible milliennials managed to get 30% of their ilk to show up this past election day.

You act like that is a bad thing. You realize many of them are complete idiots, right?

I was attempting to talk to one of my kid's friends this weekend. College sophomore. Didn't know "which one of them was good and which one was bad" in regards to political parties. Had no idea what either one stood for or has done... like ever. I ended the conversation with "Dude, you REALLY should take a poly sci 101 as an elective."
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-11-14, 11:44

You need to ban your child from ever seeing that kid again. Be a man.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-11-14, 14:21

Rocinante wrote:You need to ban your child from ever seeing that kid again. Be a man.

You don’t think a woman could ban the kid from contact? You’re such a misogynist.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-11-14, 14:22

Fucking Millennials - Another disappointment - Page 9 502811600 Monopoly for Millennials:

https://www.avclub.com/monopoly-for-millennials-is-here-as-condescending-as-y-1830398995/amp
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2018-11-14, 14:29

Rocinante wrote:You need to ban your child from ever seeing that kid again. Be a man.
This must be a failure of secondary public schools, right? Shouldn't they teach this basic shit to the kids?

Damn, we may not have the vomit inducing politics that we have today if these little idiots where taught what a fucking republican ACTUALLY is....
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-11-14, 14:40

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
This must be a failure of secondary public schools, right? Shouldn't they teach this basic shit to the kids?

Damn, we may not have the vomit inducing politics that we have today if these little idiots where taught what a fucking republican ACTUALLY is....

IB4 Bob.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-11-14, 15:16

AvgMSUJoe wrote:

Godspeed to you in your efforts to come up with a universally accepted definition to “what a fucking republican ACTUALLY is”
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-11-15, 09:31

Probably a Millennial.

Someone at Hasbro apparently thought Monopoly for Millennials was a great idea

"Forget Real Estate.   You can't afford it anyway."

Fucking Millennials - Another disappointment - Page 9 Monopo10
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-11-15, 10:49

LooseGoose wrote:Probably a Millennial.

Someone at Hasbro apparently thought Monopoly for Millennials was a great idea

"Forget Real Estate.   You can't afford it anyway."

Fucking Millennials - Another disappointment - Page 9 Monopo10

Ahem....^^^^^^^^^
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-11-15, 10:56

It's possible they are being ironic?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2018-11-21, 14:41

Someone should warn OTPT's parents:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-6410835/More-millennials-moving-home-making-depressed-studies-find.html
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-11-21, 15:21

TheReal_LWS wrote:Someone should warn OTPT's parents:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-6410835/More-millennials-moving-home-making-depressed-studies-find.html

Fucking Millennials - Another disappointment - Page 9 Sicpar11
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-11-26, 00:26

Shots fired.

Fucking boomers.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-11-26, 01:40

One could easily replace boomers with conservatives in that article if one were so inclined.

Fucking Millennials - Another disappointment - Page 9 276803595
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-11-26, 06:04

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:One could easily replace boomers with conservatives in that article if one were so inclined.

Or if one were an airhead.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-11-26, 06:41

LooseGoose wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:One could easily replace boomers with conservatives in that article if one were so inclined.

Or if one were an airhead.

You should post some more nonsensical memes. You're awfully good at that.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next