Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kid Rock supporter: Don't know, don't care. He loves America more than most people

+6
Other Teams Pursuing That
WhiteBoyHatcher
GRR Spartan
Robert J Sakimano
Rocinante
kingstonlake
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Kid Rock supporter: Don't know, don't care. He loves America more than most people Empty Kid Rock supporter: Don't know, don't care. He loves America more than most people

Post by kingstonlake 2017-09-15, 12:17

This was the response from someone I had interaction with over his potential Senate run, yesterday.

I asked "what are his positions on critical issues, any issues"?

She also said "I'm not stuck on that" in reference to what his stance on issues.

She said she will vote for him because she agrees with what he said in his little faux podium stage clip she saw.

Tried explaining that anyone can say those things but can and are they the right person to deliver those promises.

Bob Sakimano is a profit. We are undoubtedly the dumbest civilized nation on the planet.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Kid Rock supporter: Don't know, don't care. He loves America more than most people Empty Re: Kid Rock supporter: Don't know, don't care. He loves America more than most people

Post by Rocinante 2017-09-15, 12:21

The real question is can Bob profit from being a prophet.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Kid Rock supporter: Don't know, don't care. He loves America more than most people Empty Re: Kid Rock supporter: Don't know, don't care. He loves America more than most people

Post by kingstonlake 2017-09-15, 12:24

Rocinante wrote:The real question is can Bob profit from being a prophet.

I don't think that's God's will.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-09-15, 12:29

Kid Rock supporter: Don't know, don't care. He loves America more than most people 502811600

sounds like this Kid Rock person is one sexual assault admission away from garnering the unwavering support of the religious right and running for president.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-09-15, 12:39

Can't wait for the uber moral conservatives who may post here start justifying their votes ... again
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-05-02, 08:52

I happened upon this yesterday about someone going on a Kid Rock cruise, and what their expectations were, vs. what reality was. It was an interesting read. Somewhat insightful. Let me know your thoughts after you have read it.

https://www.digitalmusicnews.com/2017/04/10/kid-rock-cruise/
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-05-02, 10:14

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I happened upon this yesterday about someone going on a Kid Rock cruise, and what their expectations were, vs. what reality was. It was an interesting read. Somewhat insightful. Let me know your thoughts after you have read it.

Not really surprising. It’d take a lot to have a bad time on something like this. Wouldn’t seek out to go, but a cruise with music booze drugs and no children? Of course it’ll be a decent time.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-05-02, 10:38

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I happened upon this yesterday about someone going on a Kid Rock cruise, and what their expectations were, vs. what reality was. It was an interesting read. Somewhat insightful. Let me know your thoughts after you have read it.

pretty sure I just got chlamydia from simply opening the link.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-05-02, 11:31

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

Not really surprising. It’d take a lot to have a bad time on something like this. Wouldn’t seek out to go, but a cruise with music booze drugs and no children? Of course it’ll be a decent time.

Yeah. I think there are some fair points though about the "un PC" crowd and how it might not be fair to paint them with such a broad brush.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-05-02, 12:16

I don't think there's anyway I'd feel comfortable on that boat. Seems like a nightmare to me.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-05-02, 12:20

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

Yeah. I think there are some fair points though about the "un PC" crowd and how it might not be fair to paint them with such a broad brush.

As with a lot of groups/whatever of people, broad brushes are not fair.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-05-02, 12:50

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

so they were whining about people whining?? Kid Rock supporter: Don't know, don't care. He loves America more than most people 502811600 Kid Rock supporter: Don't know, don't care. He loves America more than most people 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-05-02, 13:44

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

so they were whining about people whining?? Kid Rock supporter: Don't know, don't care. He loves America more than most people 502811600 Kid Rock supporter: Don't know, don't care. He loves America more than most people 502811600

I don't know....read the article? It's not that long.....
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-05-02, 14:05

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:
so they were whining about people whining??  Kid Rock supporter: Don't know, don't care. He loves America more than most people 502811600  Kid Rock supporter: Don't know, don't care. He loves America more than most people 502811600

there's enough knuckle-draggin' white supremacy walkin' the Earth without me celebrating it by giving some mainstream media article the click they so desperately need to perpetuate their special brand of propaganda.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-05-02, 14:18

Yes Bob, digitalmusicnews certainly has all the makings of a mainstream propaganda news site begging for clicks from knuckle draggers.

Wonder how we got into this mess?

WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-05-02, 14:23

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

there's enough knuckle-draggin' white supremacy walkin' the Earth without me celebrating it by giving some mainstream media article the click they so desperately need to perpetuate their special brand of propaganda.

If you look at certain music genres the 'wookies' from jam bands, the extreme piercers and goths for death metal crowds, some hip hop crowds, punk groups etc. to outsiders the group of people are going to look like a bunch of deplorables. I don't think I'd enjoy being on a death metal cruise just as much as I wouldn't enjoy being on the Kid Rock Cruise. To each their own though.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-05-02, 14:29

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Yes Bob, digitalmusicnews certainly has all the makings of a mainstream propaganda news site begging for clicks from knuckle draggers.

being a stupid country where folks think that articles glorifying Kid Rock are worthwhile.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-05-02, 14:31

steveschneider wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

If you look at certain music genres the 'wookies' from jam bands, the extreme piercers and goths for death metal crowds, some hip hop crowds, punk groups etc. to outsiders the group of people are going to look like a bunch of deplorables. I don't think I'd enjoy being on a death metal cruise just as much as I wouldn't enjoy being on the Kid Rock Cruise. To each their own though.
I can't see me enjoying being on any cruise ship (I don't enjoy the heat.. combine the heat with nothing to do and.. yikes) - much less on a vessel swimming in MAGA filth.

if they enjoy it, cool - I only hope my opinions don't offend their delicate sensitivities.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-05-02, 14:35

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Yes Bob, digitalmusicnews certainly has all the makings of a mainstream propaganda news site begging for clicks from knuckle draggers.

being a stupid country where folks think that articles glorifying Kid Rock are worthwhile.

What makes you think the article is glorifying Kid Rock? How would you know this if you did not read the article? Jesus Christ.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-05-02, 14:47

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: being a stupid country where folks think that articles glorifying Kid Rock are worthwhile.

What makes you think the article is glorifying Kid Rock? How would you know this if you did not read the article? Jesus Christ.
so they wrote and published an article derisive of Kid Rock and his disease-riddled cruise ship?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-05-02, 14:48

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

I can't see me enjoying being on any cruise ship (I don't enjoy the heat.. combine the heat with nothing to do and.. yikes) - much less on a vessel swimming in MAGA filth.

if they enjoy it, cool - I only hope my opinions don't offend their delicate sensitivities.

Yeah, I feel the same. I'm not a cruise person at all. Last years vacation we went to Acadia. The year before Yosemite. I'm more of a national park guy than a sea cruise guy but again to each their own.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-05-02, 14:53

steveschneider wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Yeah, I feel the same. I'm not a cruise person at all. Last years vacation we went to Acadia. The year before Yosemite. I'm more of a national park guy than a sea cruise guy but again to each their own.
right there with ya.

but, as I mentioned - if folks wanna do some sort of Kid Rock Chlamydia Capsule, awesome - but I certainly can have my opinions, as well.

Kid Rock supporter: Don't know, don't care. He loves America more than most people 3493939353
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-05-02, 15:40

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: being a stupid country where folks think that articles glorifying Kid Rock are worthwhile.

the "Jesus Christ" exclamation literally makes me laugh.. you sound my wife expressing frustration for having to deal with me.. except that you didn't throw "f**king" in the middle Kid Rock supporter: Don't know, don't care. He loves America more than most people 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-05-02, 16:10

Do you think I would post something glorifying Kid Rock and his loyal fan base? I know that you don't know me from any other rando internet choad but that is not my style.

I posted it because it was interesting and somewhat thought provoking, and I wanted others to read it.

I tend to think that if we are not willing to even consider the viewpoints of others, the terrorists have won. I mean isn't that a big part of the platform that you and I seemingly agree on? That we've never walked a mile in another man's shoes so don't judge him?

The article was written by a writer who might as well have been Bob Sakimano in terms of his/her political beliefs, going on a Kid Rock cruise, and how the interactions he/she had on board played into those preconceived notions, good or bad.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-05-02, 16:45

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Do you think I would post something glorifying Kid Rock and his loyal fan base? I know that you don't know me from any other rando internet choad but that is not my style.

I posted it because it was interesting and somewhat thought provoking, and I wanted others to read it.

I tend to think that if we are not willing to even consider the viewpoints of others, the terrorists have won.
I mean isn't that a big part of the platform that you and I seemingly agree on? That we've never walked a mile in another man's shoes so don't judge him?

The article was written by a writer who might as well have been Bob Sakimano in terms of his/her political beliefs, going on a Kid Rock cruise, and how the interactions he/she had on board played into those preconceived notions, good or bad.

The terrorist have already been defeated my friend.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2019-05-02, 17:21

WBH, you're pissing into the wind. In his own way, Bob is just as willfully ignorant and intellectually incurious as your average Trump supporter.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-05-02, 18:38

Cameron wrote:WBH, you're pissing into the wind. In his own way, Bob is just as willfully ignorant and intellectually incurious as your average Trump supporter.

Heh, and so are you.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-05-02, 19:29

kingstonlake wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Do you think I would post something glorifying Kid Rock and his loyal fan base? I know that you don't know me from any other rando internet choad but that is not my style.

I tend to think that if we are not willing to even consider the viewpoints of others, the terrorists have won.
I mean isn't that a big part of the platform that you and I seemingly agree on? That we've never walked a mile in another man's shoes so don't judge him?

The terrorist have already been defeated my friend.

#missionaccomplished
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-05-02, 20:42

Cameron wrote:WBH, you're pissing into the wind. In his own way, Bob is just as willfully ignorant and intellectually incurious as your average Trump supporter.
with better taste in music.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-05-02, 20:46

I tend to think that if we are not willing to even consider the viewpoints of others, the terrorists have won. I mean isn't that a big part of the platform that you and I seemingly agree on? That we've never walked a mile in another man's shoes so don't judge him?

I appreciate your passion.. I really do. I don't mean that to sound condescending.

I just have no interest in trying to understand someone who supports a racist bigot who brags about sexually assaulting women.. who mocks disabled people.. who belittles POW's.. who denigrates Gold Star families.. who supports white supremacists that murder people at MAGA rallies.. who strips children from parents and locks them in cages.. who has utter contempt for the Constitution..

(you get the point, I hope).

I'm not interested in understanding them. That legitimizes their abhorrent behavior.. it lends it credibility while normalizing the most loathsome people walking the planet.

Just my opinion, dude.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2019-05-02, 20:53

steveschneider wrote:

Heh, and so are you.

Kid Rock supporter: Don't know, don't care. He loves America more than most people Whoremouth
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-05-02, 21:20

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

I appreciate your passion.. I really do. I don't mean that to sound condescending.

I just have no interest in trying to understand someone who supports a racist bigot who brags about sexually assaulting women.. who mocks disabled people.. who belittles POW's.. who denigrates Gold Star families.. who supports white supremacists that murder people at MAGA rallies.. who strips children from parents and locks them in cages.. who has utter contempt for the Constitution..

(you get the point, I hope).

I'm not interested in understanding them. That legitimizes their abhorrent behavior.. it lends it credibility while normalizing the most loathsome people walking the planet.

Just my opinion, dude.

Actually Bob the article stated that there was very little political banter on the cruise. Kid Rock supporter: Don't know, don't care. He loves America more than most people 2599972566
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-05-02, 23:19

This
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-05-02, 23:20

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
with better taste in music.

Fair
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-05-03, 00:10

I'm not passionate at all. If anything I'm depressed by the current state of things. More than anything I'm searching for answers as I think that holds the key to unlocking this viscous circle. And I think reducing it to a series of basically memes doesn't help anyone.

I don't know, sometimes I like to read an article that helps me try to see things from another perspective, whether that person likes Billy Joel or not.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2019-05-03, 00:19

Speaking of thought provoking...one of the greatest pieces of musical art in American history.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-05-03, 05:30

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I'm not passionate at all. If anything I'm depressed by the current state of things. More than anything I'm searching for answers as I think that holds the key to unlocking this viscous circle. And I think reducing it to a series of basically memes doesn't help anyone.

I don't know, sometimes I like to read an article that helps me try to see things from another perspective, whether that person likes Billy Joel or not.
that's cool, dude.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-05-03, 05:31

Robert J Sakimano wrote: with better taste in music.

Fair
thanks man - I may be be an idiot, but I'm an idiot with good tunes.

Last edited by Robert J Sakimano on 2019-05-03, 05:36; edited 1 time in total
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-05-03, 05:36

kingstonlake wrote:
Actually Bob the article stated that there was very little political banter on the cruise. Kid Rock supporter: Don't know, don't care. He loves America more than most people 2599972566
okay.. but you're still sequestered on a boat with them.. right?

We're not talking about discussing opposing political theories as it relates to income inequality, maybe climate change.. strategies relative to how to combat plummeting test scores of inner city schools while simultaneously finding ways to attract skilled educators to those schools and providing wrap-around support for students and their families..

We're talking about pathetic, disgusting people and there's just not enough antibiotic casseroles on the dinner buffet that could make me look around and say "wow, this is awesome".
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-05-03, 08:19

There’s an old British doc on YT about the Islington punks where a square journalist hangs out with them and tries to understand them.

https://youtu.be/c0IZdP3x66Y

I don’t view the two stories that much differently. Music often brings together a bunch of outsiders angry about some type of alienation. Also, 70s punk was loaded with anti semitism so that scene had its share of bigotry as well.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next