Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kid Rock supporter: Don't know, don't care. He loves America more than most people

+6
Other Teams Pursuing That
WhiteBoyHatcher
GRR Spartan
Robert J Sakimano
Rocinante
kingstonlake
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Kid Rock supporter: Don't know, don't care. He loves America more than most people - Page 2 Empty Re: Kid Rock supporter: Don't know, don't care. He loves America more than most people

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-05-03, 11:43

this is someone who I'd really like to get to know better..

Kid Rock supporter: Don't know, don't care. He loves America more than most people - Page 2 Kidrock_confederate

Kid Rock supporter: Don't know, don't care. He loves America more than most people - Page 2 3493939353
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Kid Rock supporter: Don't know, don't care. He loves America more than most people - Page 2 Empty Re: Kid Rock supporter: Don't know, don't care. He loves America more than most people

Post by steveschneider 2019-05-03, 12:01

Robert J Sakimano wrote:this is someone who I'd really like to get to know better..

Kid Rock supporter: Don't know, don't care. He loves America more than most people - Page 2 Kidrock_confederate

Kid Rock supporter: Don't know, don't care. He loves America more than most people - Page 2 3493939353

Kind of par for the course for music. Confederate flags and swastikas have been prevalent in rock music since the 60s. Some of the biggest acts (Rolling Stones/Bowie) all had dabbled in sporting Nazi Military clothing. Nazi imagery was very present in 70's punk. Michigan's own Stooges Ron Asheton used to stand on stage wearing an SS uniform.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-05-03, 12:03

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/how-david-bowie-brought-thin-white-duke-to-life-on-station-to-station-125797/

Of course he was coked out of his mind but

"His state of mind was agitated and manic – holing up in a rented house in Bel Air and burning black candles, he claimed to see bodies fall past his window and became obsessed with the occult. In interviews, he proclaimed his admiration for Adolf Hitler (“One of the first rock stars … quite as good as Jagger”) and called for “a right-wing, totally dictatorial tyranny.” The songs on the album he recorded that year, Station to Station, were born from this madness and ended up transcending it as well."
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-05-03, 12:52

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:
Actually Bob the article stated that there was very little political banter on the cruise. Kid Rock supporter: Don't know, don't care. He loves America more than most people - Page 2 2599972566
okay.. but you're still sequestered on a boat with them.. right?

We're not talking about discussing opposing political theories as it relates to income inequality, maybe climate change.. strategies relative to how to combat plummeting test scores of inner city schools while simultaneously finding ways to attract skilled educators to those schools and providing wrap-around support for students and their families..

We're talking about pathetic, disgusting people and there's just not enough antibiotic casseroles on the dinner buffet that could make me look around and say "wow, this is awesome".

All fair enough but if we go about judging music by there fan bases or judging fan bases by the music.....
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-05-03, 13:21

kingstonlake wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: okay.. but you're still sequestered on a boat with them.. right?

We're not talking about discussing opposing political theories as it relates to income inequality, maybe climate change.. strategies relative to how to combat plummeting test scores of inner city schools while simultaneously finding ways to attract skilled educators to those schools and providing wrap-around support for students and their families..

We're talking about pathetic, disgusting people and there's just not enough antibiotic casseroles on the dinner buffet that could make me look around and say "wow, this is awesome".

All fair enough but if we go about judging music by there fan bases or judging fan bases by the music.....
I prefer to judge people by the music they listen to.. I don't take many things seriously - but I do take my tunes seriously.

oh - and I take racism, bigotry and misogyny seriously.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-05-03, 13:25

steveschneider wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:this is someone who I'd really like to get to know better..

Kind of par for the course for music. Confederate flags and swastikas have been prevalent in rock music since the 60s. Some of the biggest acts (Rolling Stones/Bowie) all had dabbled in sporting Nazi Military clothing. Nazi imagery was very present in 70's punk. Michigan's own Stooges Ron Asheton used to stand on stage wearing an SS uniform.
being someone from the mountains of North Carolina who grew up around plenty of good 'ol boys.. if you have to advertise that you're a good 'ol boy by waving the Confederate Flag.. you're really just a racist bigot looking for less outwardly caustic way to promote your racism and bigotry.

genuine good 'ol southern boys don't need to advertise it.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-05-03, 14:04

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

being someone from the mountains of North Carolina who grew up around plenty of good 'ol boys.. if you have to advertise that you're a good 'ol boy by waving the Confederate Flag.. you're really just a racist bigot looking for less outwardly caustic way to promote your racism and bigotry.

Yeah, I agree it's a repugnant imagery but like you I have probably over a 1000 albums and obsess over music. I just don't think the stars and bars or nazi references are that uncommon in a lot of the music I enjoy. A lot of anti semitism and racism against asians in a lot of the early hip hop I used to listen to as well. A lot of statutory rape among some of the biggest acts in music as well (Jimmy Page, Mick Jagger, Marvin Gaye, Bowie, Prince). I've just come to accept these are incredibly flawed individuals that are making popular music.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-05-03, 14:06

steveschneider wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: being someone from the mountains of North Carolina who grew up around plenty of good 'ol boys.. if you have to advertise that you're a good 'ol boy by waving the Confederate Flag.. you're really just a racist bigot looking for less outwardly caustic way to promote your racism and bigotry.

Yeah, I agree it's a repugnant imagery but like you I have probably over a 1000 albums and obsess over music. I just don't think the stars and bars or nazi references are that uncommon in a lot of the music I enjoy. A lot of anti semitism and racism against asians in a lot of the early hip hop I used to listen to as well. A lot of statutory rape among some of the biggest acts in music as well (Jimmy Page, Mick Jagger, Marvin Gaye, Bowie, Prince). I've just come to accept these are incredibly flawed individuals that are making popular music.
"admire the art and not the artist".

pretty good way to look at it.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-05-03, 14:25

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

"admire the art and not the artist".

Kid Rock supporter: Don't know, don't care. He loves America more than most people - Page 2 969504605 Yep, that's where I'm at.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-05-03, 15:12

steveschneider wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:"admire the art and not the artist".

Kid Rock supporter: Don't know, don't care. He loves America more than most people - Page 2 969504605 Yep, that's where I'm at.
I was pretty bummed when the Ryan Adams news broke back in the winter. Love his music, dating all the way back to Whiskeytown.. and I knew he could be a total jerk.. and, yeah, of course.. rock stars dig the ladies - not exactly 'breaking news' - but the story regarding his online relationship with the 14 year old girl was quite the turn off. Haven't listened to his music since.. which is unfortunate because, as I mentioned - was a total 'go-to' almost every day. I think his music would sound differently now, which sucks.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-05-03, 15:29

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

I was pretty bummed when the Ryan Adams news broke back in the winter. Love his music, dating all the way back to Whiskeytown.. and I knew he could be a total jerk.. and, yeah, of course.. rock stars dig the ladies - not exactly 'breaking news' - but the story regarding his online relationship with the 14 year old girl was quite the turn off. Haven't listened to his music since.. which is unfortunate because, as I mentioned - was a total 'go-to' almost every day. I think his music would sound differently now, which sucks.

Yeah, personally I just separate the art from the artist. I wasn't kidding when I said I have over 1000 albums. If I started making moral judgements about the artists that reside in my collection I'd probably have 4 albums left.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-05-03, 17:52

steveschneider wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: I was pretty bummed when the Ryan Adams news broke back in the winter. Love his music, dating all the way back to Whiskeytown.. and I knew he could be a total jerk.. and, yeah, of course.. rock stars dig the ladies - not exactly 'breaking news' - but the story regarding his online relationship with the 14 year old girl was quite the turn off. Haven't listened to his music since.. which is unfortunate because, as I mentioned - was a total 'go-to' almost every day. I think his music would sound differently now, which sucks.

Yeah, personally I just separate the art from the artist. I wasn't kidding when I said I have over 1000 albums. If I started making moral judgements about the artists that reside in my collection I'd probably have 4 albums left.

Pfft. Guest has read more books than albums you own!!
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-05-03, 19:33

kingstonlake wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Pfft. Guest has read more books than albums you own!!

Who is guest?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-05-03, 20:04

We're simply fortunate to occupy our little place on Earth at the same time Guest does.. with his books, his albums and his infinite wisdom.

Each time our soul leaves our bodies.. and we float into the ether, we can only hope we come back as a resident of Mio. If it is decided that we have more perfection to pursue within the subcontext of mortality, it is our decision the degree to which we commit ourselves in the pursuit of Mio.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-05-04, 08:43

Robert J Sakimano wrote:We're simply fortunate to occupy our little place on Earth at the same time Guest does.. with his books, his albums and his infinite wisdom.

Each time our soul leaves our bodies.. and we float into the ether, we can only hope we come back as a resident of Mio. If it is decided that we have more perfection to pursue within the subcontext of mortality, it is our decision the degree to which we commit ourselves in the pursuit of Mio.

Oh yeah, that guest. nice guy hope all is well with him.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-05-04, 10:12

Robert J Sakimano wrote:We're simply fortunate to occupy our little place on Earth at the same time Guest does.. with his books, his albums and his infinite wisdom.

Not until they get a Meijer.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-05-04, 13:44

steveschneider wrote:

Oh yeah, that guest. nice guy hope all is well with him.
yep. I'm hoping he's somewhere enjoying his mainstream media outlets and not taking things quite so seriously.

We love you Goose!!
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-05-04, 13:44

kingstonlake wrote:

Not until they get a Meijer.
yeah - if you don't have a Meijer.. we can't be friends.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2