Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where were you when it happened?

+17
tGreenWay
Tim Wakefield
Frank Ricard
steveschneider
Death Roe
TheReal_LWS
InTenSity
kingstonlake
MiamiSpartan
Floyd Robertson
msu98
Other Teams Pursuing That
DWags
CORNER BLITZ
Travis of the Cosmos
Watch Out Pylon!
WhiteBoyHatcher
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Where were you when it happened? Empty Where were you when it happened?

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 03/10/17, 11:22 pm

I was in my basement. My "man cave" if you will (hate that fuckin term). I had friends that went, invited me, no thanks. I will never set foot in that place ever again, horrible, fan experience.

My wife had the kids at the barn. I was drinking to ease the tension but it wasn't helping. I had the basement windows open on the South side of my house, closest to my neighbor's house. He is a diehard Spartan, has 3 daughters in my age range (no pics). They had tickets to the Halloween thingy at Greenfield Village that night with grandaughters and were loading in the car.

I was disgusted. We were the better team that day. The stats bore that out. We were done.

Before the snap I said a little prayer. I was drunk as all hell by this point. I basically closed my eyes and said hey, I don't believe in you, I don't believe in anything but it would be cool if a miracle happened.

It happened. I stood up. I started laughing. I screamed at the top of my lungs "HOLY SHIT! HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!!". I lost my mind and don't remember the next few minutes. I eventually texted my neighbor and apologized. He had no idea, was already in the car. I called my wife. I was hammered. She told me she felt bad for the punter. lol. My Father in law called me. I answered against my better judgement and he told me he would like to talk to me about God.

That is my story. What is yours.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Where were you when it happened? Empty Re: Where were you when it happened?

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 03/10/17, 11:26 pm

Getting ready to go out to dinner with tWife. She was getting ready. I was ready to turn the tv off, and then it happened. I was jumping around the living room like a little kid.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 03/10/17, 11:30 pm

I was sitting against the wall of my friends man cave. Theater screening and seats and all that. I was down by the screen pretty much having given up. Something or other happened that I barely remember, and I jumped over a row of seating to tackle my friend seconds prior to being ambushed by several other dudes. It was all very sexy. We spent the rest of the night sipping on bourbon and just kind of giggling like children about what happened.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 03/10/17, 11:36 pm

Parents were beginning the process of moving + always hated comcast so I told them to ditch cable and got them a Roku. Went home for the game and had a few neighbors/friends over to watch on the ESPN app.

Nice HD pic, but slightly behind standard cable so just stayed offline so I wouldn't see what happened on the next play. Smooth AF. Everything, but the game, going great. My buddy is more wound up and I was just continually telling him to chill - we got it. Started not looking quite that way.

Anways get down to the play. Like I said all day feed was great.
Teams come back out on the field.
Clock starts
BOOOM FUCKING black loading screen

Everyone screams WTF!?!

I say "if we win this game I will shit my pants"

Immediately everyones phone blows up - again we were about 10-15 seconds behind. First text I read from a friend is "holy fuck I just shit my pants"

Panic sets in. My aunt called my mom and just mass hysteria saying "We won?!?". I get on the phone call up on buddy and ask...he tells me and I just hang up and call another not believing. Called 4 different guys then just went outside and screamed.

CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 03/10/17, 11:38 pm

I've been in the Harrison road house for two major plays. Re-screen Mateen to Mo Pete, and that play. Yep. Place exploded. The punt lasted longer but both were as euphoric
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 04/10/17, 12:06 am

Rolling at the Big house. Arms crossed, clinching the fuck out of my jaw and was about to lose like $200 on the ML. Euphoria. Sorry I'm not a good story teller.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by msu98 04/10/17, 12:38 am

Posted this on RCMB the day after. Look back fondly

I was provided a single ticket so I sat away from my buddies. Right after we're stopped on 4th down I hit the concourse to go to the corner where my buddies will come out. Just couldn't handle seeing Michigan grab Paul Bunyan and celebrate. So I head down to Section 7, the corner, and I see this older Michigan fan (in his 60's and wearing stupid shorts in 40 degrees) playing The Victors on a stupid harmonica. He's dancing around like he's a court jester that wears those stupid pointy hats.
And as MSU fans like me who have given up hope exit the stadium to the concourse he gets closer to them and plays his little harmonica in a taunting way. I'm looking at this db and I'm thinking how much I hate his guts.
We'll then it happens. I hear a collective groan. I had no idea what was going on. So I race up to the tunnel to see a huge MSU celebration in the opposite corner. It's chaos. The guy next to me didn't know what had happened because he had done the same thing. Quickly I look at scoreboard and whatever happened (block, punt return) it’s clear it’s glorious.
Then I immediately look behind me and see Mr. Harmonica with a blank look on his face and I immediately, without thinking, smile and tell him he can "shove that harmonica up your ass." I'm not proud of saying it, but the look on his face at that very moment has me in tears as I type this.
So, yes, I should forever feel shame because I left early and didn't see the play. But sometimes an idiot breaks out his harmonica a little too soon.
msu98
msu98
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 04/10/17, 04:31 am

Jumping off my couch, screaming "HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT" at the top of my lungs. I think I alienated some neighbors that day.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 04/10/17, 06:33 am

At the bar with Intensity, his wife, and mental state. The bar was pretty packed. Not people watching that game, but others. The whole place went nuts. Obviously we were going more nuts than anyone, but random people that could care less about either team were hugging us. Or maybe we were hugging them, I don't remember. Just pandemonium.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 04/10/17, 06:48 am

Standing in the living room watching and being pissed. Wife's, little SCum twerp soon comes strolling into the living room because he knows the games over because his scummer father texted him 1000 times. I said if you didn't watch a single play of the game, STFU and go back to your room and play your video games. THEN IT HAPPENED. I was speechless. I only said "get out of bounds" because I didn't want him getting tackled with no time left. Just stared at the kid. Wanted to punch him in the face for some reason. Told him, "tell your dad Michigan sucks".
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 04/10/17, 07:53 am

MiamiSpartan wrote:At the bar with Intensity, his wife, and mental state. The bar was pretty packed. Not people watching that game, but others. The whole place went nuts. Obviously we were going more nuts than anyone, but random people that could care less about either team were hugging us. Or maybe we were hugging them, I don't remember. Just pandemonium.
I think there was a UCF match that night, and maybe another big game that people were coming to.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 04/10/17, 08:10 am

Why would anyone pray if they don't believe in diety? WBH the more I learn about you the weirder you are.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 04/10/17, 08:10 am

I was in the middle of being on medical leave due to my knee surgery. I was posted up at home, had some Percocet and Bud Light. Also had some pizza, the fiancee was out with her friends, as I requested since I can get pretty heated when it comes to UM games.

When UM was about to punt, I got up and started cursing, knew the game was over. As soon as the miff happened, I screamed "GO GO GO HOLY FUCKING SHIT" as loud as I could, hopping around the apartment on one knee, not caring who heard how loud I could go.

I laughed for a good thirty minutes afterwards with small sprinkles of "Oh my God..." mixed in. I got tons of shit-talking texts right before that punt, and it made things oh so sweet to reply to those. I just replied, "I didn't see the end, what happened????" Where were you when it happened? 502811600
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 04/10/17, 08:43 am

msu98 wrote:Posted this on RCMB the day after. Look back fondly

I was provided a single ticket so I sat away from my buddies. Right after we're stopped on 4th down I hit the concourse to go to the corner where my buddies will come out. Just couldn't handle seeing Michigan grab Paul Bunyan and celebrate. So I head down to Section 7, the corner, and I see this older Michigan fan (in his 60's and wearing stupid shorts in 40 degrees) playing The Victors on a stupid harmonica. He's dancing around like he's a court jester that wears those stupid pointy hats.
And as MSU fans like me who have given up hope exit the stadium to the concourse he gets closer to them and plays his little harmonica in a taunting way. I'm looking at this db and I'm thinking how much I hate his guts.
We'll then it happens. I hear a collective groan. I had no idea what was going on. So I race up to the tunnel to see a huge MSU celebration in the opposite corner. It's chaos. The guy next to me didn't know what had happened because he had done the same thing. Quickly I look at scoreboard and whatever happened (block, punt return) it’s clear it’s glorious.
Then I immediately look behind me and see Mr. Harmonica with a blank look on his face and I immediately, without thinking, smile and tell him he can "shove that harmonica up your ass." I'm not proud of saying it, but the look on his face at that very moment has me in tears as I type this.
So, yes, I should forever feel shame because I left early and didn't see the play. But sometimes an idiot breaks out his harmonica a little too soon.

lol lo!!!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 04/10/17, 08:46 am

I just sat and watched the entire game and was thinking well this one is over. Wasn’t too broken up about it, just thinking where will me and the wife go get dinner. The play happened and when they showed that dweeb on the TV set with his hands on top of his head I literally fell out of my chair dying laughing. Called another friend out in california and he was the same way we were cracking up. Just growing up in michigan I knew that had to of been devastating to Michigan fans.

It was really surreal and I will never forget it.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 04/10/17, 08:54 am

I"m not going to lie, I was kind of a dick on the way home from the volleyball game at Jenison after the miracle finish. Had my state flags in my window, my wife was asleep, After taking 96 east and passing u.s. 23, when I'd see a car with Michigan flags or stickers, I'd give a quick beep as I passed them with my flags flying high.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Ricard 04/10/17, 09:19 am

I was supposed to get with some friends to watch the game at the bar. Then my wife told me we were going over to my daughter's house because it was her birthday and we'll watch the game over there. Her husband, who went to a directional school, is a big um fan. (Honestly, he's a good guy and good dad. Just roots for the wrong team)

So we're watching the game and the son-in-law is trying to restrain himself. Then the timeout with 10 seconds left. I proceeded to say the magic words "I'm calling it now. We're blocking the punt".

He was more pissed that I called it than he was losing the game.
Frank Ricard
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 04/10/17, 10:24 am

I was at the game in the shitty visitors seats. Top row. Girl next to me left and I kinda wanted to leave too. But we stayed bc we were so high up..minus well watch the end before interacting with that crowd of shit heads down below.

It happened and our section fuckin exploded. Everyone asked me after the game "dude how quiet was it in there?" and I told them it wasn't. We made some fuckin noise. Amazing moment

Went outside, talked mad shit a and got beer bottle thrown at me. I deserved it
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 04/10/17, 02:05 pm

I was watching the damn game, where else would I be?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 04/10/17, 02:06 pm

tGreenWay wrote:I was watching the damn game, where else would I be?

Apparently we are one of the rare TRUE Spartans on this board. Many conflicting stories.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 04/10/17, 02:08 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:I was watching the damn game, where else would I be?

Apparently we are one of the rare TRUE Spartans on this board. Many conflicting stories.

Not gonna lie: I'm surprised and disappointed.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 04/10/17, 02:11 pm

Death Roe wrote:I was in the middle of being on medical leave due to my knee surgery. I was posted up at home, had some Percocet and Bud Light. Also had some pizza, the fiancee was out with her friends, as I requested since I can get pretty heated when it comes to UM games.

When UM was about to punt, I got up and started cursing, knew the game was over. As soon as the miff happened, I screamed "GO GO GO HOLY FUCKING SHIT" as loud as I could, hopping around the apartment on one knee, not caring who heard how loud I could go.

I laughed for a good thirty minutes afterwards with small sprinkles of "Oh my God..." mixed in. I got tons of shit-talking texts right before that punt, and it made things oh so sweet to reply to those. I just replied, "I didn't see the end, what happened????" Where were you when it happened? 502811600

Bud light, death roe? Jesus Christ. Get a hold of yourself.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 04/10/17, 02:36 pm

Death Roe wrote:I was in the middle of being on medical leave due to my knee surgery. I was posted up at home, had some Percocet and Bud Light. Also had some pizza, the fiancee was out with her friends, as I requested since I can get pretty heated when it comes to UM games.

Sorry it's not some douchey craft beer brewed from a local brewhouse bottled with environmentally-friendly packaging.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 04/10/17, 02:43 pm

Death Roe wrote:

Sorry it's not some douchey craft beer brewed from a local brewhouse bottled with environmentally-friendly packaging.
Where were you when it happened? 502811600

nothing worse than beer snobs.

hey, OTPT - last night I had a PBR and an Old Style - come at me, bro.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 04/10/17, 02:45 pm

Death Roe wrote:

How does a beer come douchey? Does beer have a personality?

Shit, at least upgrade to a Coors banquet, Budweiser, literally anything but a bud light. If you want, I can send you 24 bottles of my pee for cheaper.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 04/10/17, 02:46 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Death Roe wrote:

I'll see your Old Style and raise you a Hamm's.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 04/10/17, 02:47 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Death Roe wrote:

Both better than a bud light. Bud light is the worst beer on the planet.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 04/10/17, 02:49 pm

I still can't believe we drank Michelob and Lowenbrau in high school on those nights when we got tired of Bud and Coors.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 04/10/17, 02:50 pm

Wait. Does Bud Light not use environmentally friendly packaging?

Are their cases made out of pvc or something?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 04/10/17, 02:52 pm

NigelUno wrote:Wait. Does Bud Light not use environmentally friendly packaging?

I think death roe heard being aware of the environment was for douche bags at his first NASCAR race when he got hooked to said bud light.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 04/10/17, 02:59 pm

NigelUno wrote:Wait. Does Bud Light not use environmentally friendly packaging?

I think death roe heard being aware of the environment was for douche bags at his first NASCAR race when he got hooked to said bud light.

Maybe he went to Whatever USA with blanch.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 04/10/17, 03:02 pm

tGreenWay wrote:I still can't believe we drank Michelob and Lowenbrau in high school on those nights when we got tired of Bud and Coors.
I remember chugging Mickey's big mouths in the back seat of my buddy's '83 Camaro..  Where were you when it happened? 3493939353

we had some Molly Hatchet cranked up.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 04/10/17, 03:17 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:I still can't believe we drank Michelob and Lowenbrau in high school on those nights when we got tired of Bud and Coors.
I remember chugging Mickey's big mouths in the back seat of my buddy's '83 Camaro..  Where were you when it happened? 3493939353

I only drank Mickey's when I was dating a girl originally from Texas. I only put up with it as long as I put up with her.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 04/10/17, 03:28 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

I only drank Mickey's when I was dating a girl originally from Texas. I only put up with it as long as I put up with her.
I drank some bad stuff in high school.. woke up in some weird places.

Nothing XXX rated - I was never good with ladies.. more like waking up face down in a field.. and couldn't remember how I got there.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 04/10/17, 03:29 pm

Death Roe wrote:

Shit, at least upgrade to a Coors banquet, Budweiser, literally anything but a bud light. If you want, I can send you 24 bottles of my pee for cheaper.

How much we talking here?

Speaking of your NASCAR rip on me, I sat next to a lady at the dealership I was at on Monday getting the fiancee's car fixed. She was watching ESPN next to me. She started BITCHING about the athletes kneeling/protesting peacefully. I said "Well, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I am okay with any peaceful protests, etc." trying to shut her up.

She retorts, "Well, it's AMERICA! Get the hell out if you don't like it here!" I just said, "Well there's definitely no swaying your opinion then, you're set in your ways." "Well, I'm a NASCAR fan, I suppose that's why I feel that way!!!" I just got up and walked around outside looking at the new cars. Where were you when it happened? 502811600

Last edited by Death Roe on 04/10/17, 03:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 04/10/17, 03:33 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Death Roe wrote:

An old friend of mine would scoff when we'd get anything that wasn't craft or specialty brewed beer.

Then he'd order PBR or grab a 48 pack of Kirkland Signature Light Beer at Costco and act like he was better than us.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 04/10/17, 03:35 pm

Death Roe wrote:

Speaking of your NASCAR rip on me, I sat next to a lady at the dealership I was at on Monday getting the fiancee's car fixed. She was watching ESPN next to me. She started BITCHING about the athletes kneeling/protesting peacefully. I said "Well, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I am okay with any peaceful protests, etc." trying to shut her up.

She retorts, "Well, it's AMERICA! Get the hell out if you don't like it here!" I just said, "Well there's definitely no swaying your opinion then, you're set in your ways." "Well, I'm a NASCAR fan, I suppose that's why I feel that way!!!" I just got up and walked around outside looking at the new cars. Where were you when it happened? 502811600
I love the "they've got the freedom to get the hell out of here if I don't like how they celebrate freedom" ilk..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 04/10/17, 03:36 pm

Death Roe wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: Where were you when it happened? 502811600

An old friend of mine would scoff when we'd get anything that wasn't craft or specialty brewed beer.

Then he'd order PBR or grab a 48 pack of Kirkland Signature Light Beer at Costco and act like he was better than us.
I like a good craft beer every now and then.. it's not that I don't like it.. it's just that sometimes I don't want to put a bunch of thought into what I'm drinking. Just give me a f**king beer.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 04/10/17, 03:38 pm

Death Roe wrote:

I think that was LWS' wife.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 04/10/17, 03:43 pm

Fuck all you guys. Screw beer. My choices in bourbon are impeccable. In fact, I'm going to go bump the bourbon thread now that I think about it.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum