Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where were you when it happened?

+17
tGreenWay
Tim Wakefield
Frank Ricard
steveschneider
Death Roe
TheReal_LWS
InTenSity
kingstonlake
MiamiSpartan
Floyd Robertson
msu98
Other Teams Pursuing That
DWags
CORNER BLITZ
Travis of the Cosmos
Watch Out Pylon!
WhiteBoyHatcher
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Where were you when it happened? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where were you when it happened?

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-10-04, 15:45

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Fuck all you guys. Screw beer. My choices in bourbon are impeccable. In fact, I'm going to go bump the bourbon thread now that I think about it.
I like a good bourbon, a good whiskey and, lately I've gotten into good tequila.

however, nothing like chugging a few beers with tunes cranked. Where were you when it happened? - Page 2 3493939353
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Where were you when it happened? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where were you when it happened?

Post by tGreenWay 2017-10-04, 15:50

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

I only drank Mickey's when I was dating a girl originally from Texas. I only put up with it as long as I put up with her.
I drank some bad stuff in high school.. woke up in some weird places.

Nothing XXX rated - I was never good with ladies.. more like waking up face down in a field.. and couldn't remember how I got there.

Where were you when it happened? - Page 2 502811600 I have a couple of those stories, too.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-10-04, 15:53

Death Roe wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

How does a beer come douchey? Does beer have a personality?

Shit, at least upgrade to a Coors banquet, Budweiser, literally anything but a bud light. If you want, I can send you 24 bottles of my pee for cheaper.

How much we talking here?

Speaking of your NASCAR rip on me, I sat next to a lady at the dealership I was at on Monday getting the fiancee's car fixed. She was watching ESPN next to me. She started BITCHING about the athletes kneeling/protesting peacefully. I said "Well, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I am okay with any peaceful protests, etc." trying to shut her up.

She retorts, "Well, it's AMERICA! Get the hell out if you don't like it here!" I just said, "Well there's definitely no swaying your opinion then, you're set in your ways." "Well, I'm a NASCAR fan, I suppose that's why I feel that way!!!" I just got up and walked around outside looking at the new cars. Where were you when it happened? - Page 2 502811600

Where were you when it happened? - Page 2 502811600

You handled that well. I suppose you could've tried changing the subject, maybe asked if she likes Bud Light.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-10-04, 15:59

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Death Roe wrote:

An old friend of mine would scoff when we'd get anything that wasn't craft or specialty brewed beer.

Then he'd order PBR or grab a 48 pack of Kirkland Signature Light Beer at Costco and act like he was better than us.
I like a good craft beer every now and then.. it's not that I don't like it.. it's just that sometimes I don't want to put a bunch of thought into what I'm drinking. Just give me a f**king beer.

That beer chalkboard at Meat is very wordy.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-10-04, 16:20

Tequila ginger is a good mix, as well as whiskey ginger. You heard it here first.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2017-10-04, 16:23

At the bar where we were watching the ND game, they (someone affiliated with a beer company), came up and asked us to do a beer test.  We would look at the color and say which had more color.  Then they'd ask us to smell it and ask which smelled better.  Then they had us taste it and say which one tasted better.

Turns out it was Bud Light vs Miller Light.  Miller Light had better color and more taste (I didn't notice a big smell difference), though it's like asking if dog piss or cat piss tastes better.  The people were obviously from Miller.  Then they gave us one of those aluminum bottles of Miller light.  I'm like "ok, well, free beer, sure."  Took one sip, and set it aside, and didn't drink any more of it.

So I guess I'm a beer snob.  I'm not exclusive to craft beer, but if not craft beer, I'm usually drinking a Guinness or Boddingtons, or even Heineken if it's between that and Bud or Miller.  If I'm somewhere that I'm getting drunk, then I don't care.  I'll drink the Bud Light, Miller Light, whatever.  But if I'm just relaxing watching a game, I go for something better.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-10-04, 17:31

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Death Roe wrote:I was in the middle of being on medical leave due to my knee surgery. I was posted up at home, had some Percocet and Bud Light. Also had some pizza, the fiancee was out with her friends, as I requested since I can get pretty heated when it comes to UM games.

When UM was about to punt, I got up and started cursing, knew the game was over. As soon as the miff happened, I screamed "GO GO GO HOLY FUCKING SHIT" as loud as I could, hopping around the apartment on one knee, not caring who heard how loud I could go.

I laughed for a good thirty minutes afterwards with small sprinkles of "Oh my God..." mixed in. I got tons of shit-talking texts right before that punt, and it made things oh so sweet to reply to those. I just replied, "I didn't see the end, what happened????" Where were you when it happened? - Page 2 502811600

Bud light, death roe? Jesus Christ. Get a hold of yourself.

Dilly Dilly
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2017-10-04, 17:39

msu98 wrote:Posted this on RCMB the day after. Look back fondly

I was provided a single ticket so I sat away from my buddies. Right after we're stopped on 4th down I hit the concourse to go to the corner where my buddies will come out. Just couldn't handle seeing Michigan grab Paul Bunyan and celebrate. So I head down to Section 7, the corner, and I see this older Michigan fan (in his 60's and wearing stupid shorts in 40 degrees) playing The Victors on a stupid harmonica. He's dancing around like he's a court jester that wears those stupid pointy hats.
And as MSU fans like me who have given up hope exit the stadium to the concourse he gets closer to them and plays his little harmonica in a taunting way. I'm looking at this db and I'm thinking how much I hate his guts.
We'll then it happens. I hear a collective groan. I had no idea what was going on. So I race up to the tunnel to see a huge MSU celebration in the opposite corner. It's chaos. The guy next to me didn't know what had happened because he had done the same thing. Quickly I look at scoreboard and whatever happened (block, punt return) it’s clear it’s glorious.
Then I immediately look behind me and see Mr. Harmonica with a blank look on his face and I immediately, without thinking, smile and tell him he can "shove that harmonica up your ass." I'm not proud of saying it, but the look on his face at that very moment has me in tears as I type this.
So, yes, I should forever feel shame because I left early and didn't see the play. But sometimes an idiot breaks out his harmonica a little too soon.

Not to derail the thread, but at the B1GCG against OSU, some OSU fans sat next to us and before the game, the old man made it a point to tell me that they had the best damn band in the land! He said it in on of those condescending, you guys don't really belong here kind of ways. As the game unfolded, the dude kept getting cockier and more obnoxious. Finally, when Langford broke that run that put them away, they got up to leave and I told them. "Hey man, congratulations on your band!"

SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-10-04, 17:41

SeeRockCity wrote:

I was provided a single ticket so I sat away from my buddies. Right after we're stopped on 4th down I hit the concourse to go to the corner where my buddies will come out. Just couldn't handle seeing Michigan grab Paul Bunyan and celebrate. So I head down to Section 7, the corner, and I see this older Michigan fan (in his 60's and wearing stupid shorts in 40 degrees) playing The Victors on a stupid harmonica. He's dancing around like he's a court jester that wears those stupid pointy hats.
And as MSU fans like me who have given up hope exit the stadium to the concourse he gets closer to them and plays his little harmonica in a taunting way. I'm looking at this db and I'm thinking how much I hate his guts.
We'll then it happens. I hear a collective groan. I had no idea what was going on. So I race up to the tunnel to see a huge MSU celebration in the opposite corner. It's chaos. The guy next to me didn't know what had happened because he had done the same thing. Quickly I look at scoreboard and whatever happened (block, punt return) it’s clear it’s glorious.
Then I immediately look behind me and see Mr. Harmonica with a blank look on his face and I immediately, without thinking, smile and tell him he can "shove that harmonica up your ass." I'm not proud of saying it, but the look on his face at that very moment has me in tears as I type this.
So, yes, I should forever feel shame because I left early and didn't see the play. But sometimes an idiot breaks out his harmonica a little too soon.

Not to derail the thread, but at the B1GCG against OSU, some OSU fans sat next to us and before the game, the old man made it a point to tell me that they had the best damn band in the land!  He said it in on of those condescending, you guys don't really belong here kind of ways.  As the game unfolded, the dude kept getting cockier and more obnoxious.  Finally, when Langford broke that run that put them away, they got up to leave and I told them.  "Hey man, congratulations on your band!"

Roasted, no, scorched buckeyes. Where were you when it happened? - Page 2 502811600
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-10-04, 17:44

SeeRockCity wrote:

Not to derail the thread, but at the B1GCG against OSU, some OSU fans sat next to us and before the game, the old man made it a point to tell me that they had the best damn band in the land! He said it in on of those condescending, you guys don't really belong here kind of ways. As the game unfolded, the dude kept getting cockier and more obnoxious. Finally, when Langford broke that run that put them away, they got up to leave and I told them. "Hey man, congratulations on your band!"

Had a similar incident with a buckeye fan at a bar in Key West. Cocky, arrogant, and loud AF, minus the chit chat about the band.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-10-04, 19:05

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:I still can't believe we drank Michelob and Lowenbrau in high school on those nights when we got tired of Bud and Coors.
I remember chugging Mickey's big mouths in the back seat of my buddy's '83 Camaro..  Where were you when it happened? - Page 2 3493939353

we had some Molly Hatchet cranked up.

I drank my share of Mickeys.....my preference was Carling's Red Cap Ale when we could find it. Of course the drinking age was 18 then.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-10-04, 19:15

NigelUno wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I like a good craft beer every now and then.. it's not that I don't like it.. it's just that sometimes I don't want to put a bunch of thought into what I'm drinking. Just give me a f**king beer.

That beer chalkboard at Meat is very wordy.
exactly. That beer chalkboard at Meat proves my point.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-10-04, 19:17

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:
I remember chugging Mickey's big mouths in the back seat of my buddy's '83 Camaro..  Where were you when it happened? - Page 2 3493939353

I drank my share of Mickeys.....my preference was Carling's Red Cap Ale when we could find it. Of course the drinking age was 18 then.
yeah - back when dudes drank beer that wasn't inspired by a fruity hue.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-10-04, 23:17

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

yeah - back when dudes drank beer that wasn't inspired by a fruity hue.

Back when a 12 pack of Old Milwaukee was $3.32 out the door, deposit included
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-10-05, 05:12

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: yeah - back when dudes drank beer that wasn't inspired by a fruity hue.

that's what I'm talking about.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2017-10-05, 08:19

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:I still can't believe we drank Michelob and Lowenbrau in high school on those nights when we got tired of Bud and Coors.

Flirtin' with disaster
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-10-05, 08:22

duffy munn wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Flirtin' with disaster
great record.

pretty sure we were rockin' it on 8 track at the time.. Where were you when it happened? - Page 2 502811600 Where were you when it happened? - Page 2 3493939353
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-10-05, 10:43

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

that's what I'm talking about.

So $5 would get you a 12 pack and a few gallons of gas to go cruise the back roads.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum