Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Obsession - the tears of my enemies.

+33
Heat Miser
Travis of the Cosmos
Clarett's Folly
SpartanJD01
Rocinante
Senior Dickfist
Tim Wakefield
Robert J Sakimano
NigelUno
SeeRockCity
Wally Fairway
Herbie Green
CampbellHall
TheReal_LWS
Death Roe
Other Teams Pursuing That
CORNER BLITZ
Watch Out Pylon!
Jake from State Farm
SawGreen
InTenSity
Turtleneck
Dr. Strangelove
MiamiSpartan
steveschneider
WhiteBoyHatcher
y2kMgrad
MattyFresh
kingstonlake
tGreenWay
Nordic
DWags
Floyd Robertson
37 posters

Page 9 of 25 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 17 ... 25  Next

Go down

Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 9 Empty Re: Obsession - the tears of my enemies.

Post by Guest 2017-10-22, 09:19

SportsPickle @sportspickle
“Harbaugh” is an Old English word that means: “Brady Hoke with better marketing.”
8:12 PM - Oct 21, 2017
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 9 Empty Re: Obsession - the tears of my enemies.

Post by kingstonlake 2017-10-22, 09:25

LooseGoose wrote:SportsPickle @sportspickle
“Harbaugh” is an Old English word that means: “Brady Hoke with better marketing.”
8:12 PM - Oct 21, 2017

Lol that's hilarious.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2017-10-22, 09:27

NigelUno wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:Oh boy, here we go. Jeem throws the fanbase under the bus.

Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 9 Screen10

And...that is how he wears out his welcome.

He'll claim he was talking about the media. The media he courts and begs attention from. And the cult will slurp it up.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-10-22, 10:07

Eleven Warriors‏ @11W 2h2 hours ago
More
Jim Harbaugh's record over his last 11 games? 6–5.

His record against winning (0.500+) teams during that stretch? 0–5.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-10-22, 10:15

Floyd Robertson wrote:The future of Harbs at u of m is totally in his hands. There might be a vocal minority screaming for his head already, but in reality, they absolutely can not fire him. He is the savior and one and only last hope. Fire him, they're done for another decade. So the only real question is, is Harbs in it for the long haul or does he get bored and move on?

Don't get me wrong. Not suggesting by any means he would be fired. Just wondering if doubt might begin creeping into his head about the future and if that could lead to him keeping an eye open to other opportunities and/or fracturing relationships. The path to world domination is very hard to see right now and it's gotta be difficult to keep attacking every day with an enthusiasm unknown to man kind with that being the case.

He is there as long as he wants to be there, no bones about it.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2017-10-22, 10:37

No bandwagon lol
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2017-10-22, 10:52

Floyd Robertson wrote:The future of Harbs at u of m is totally in his hands. There might be a vocal minority screaming for his head already, but in reality, they absolutely can not fire him. He is the savior and one and only last hope. Fire him, they're done for another decade. So the only real question is, is Harbs in it for the long haul or does he get bored and move on?
How do you sell the next hire after the absurdly out of control Harbaughness. If they want him gone, they have to hope he goes to the NFL, because they could spin that a lot easier than admitting that the savior was a failure.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-10-22, 10:56

MiamiSpartan wrote:
How do you sell the next hire after the absurdly out of control Harbaughness. If they want him gone, they have to hope he goes to the NFL, because they could spin that a lot easier than admitting that the savior was a failure.
You're right.
Look at all the difficulty they had filling the position the last two times it was there for the taking. Multiply that times infinity.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2017-10-22, 10:56

kingstonlake wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

He'll claim he was talking about the media. The media he courts and begs attention from. And the cult will slurp it up.
I don't think that quote is that bad. It is easy to spin it as saying that the real fans will still support them, and now they will know who the real fans are. The slappies will double down on their loyalty to Harby in order to show that they're the true fans.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-10-22, 11:03

NigelUno wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:Oh boy, here we go. Jeem throws the fanbase under the bus.

Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 9 Screen10

That is nothing ... let’s not jerk each other off too much just yet.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2017-10-22, 11:20

He will go back to the pros before too long. I see one more year in A2 at the most. I’m sure the rumors of him leaving start picking up.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-10-22, 11:35

MiamiSpartan wrote:

Goose might know of an opportunity.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2017-10-22, 11:39

LooseGoose wrote:Eleven Warriors‏ @11W 2h2 hours ago
More

I don't get why everyone thinks he could jump to the NFL. Who would want him? He was basically run out of town in SF. He hasn't done jack shit at Michigan and all his off-the-field shenanigans are starting to look pretty ridiculous (for those that didn't already know).

The Luck connection I can see. But that's it. If he underwelms again next year, I don't see NFL owners/GMs banging on his door. I would LOL if he did jump to the NFL, but I don't see it.

This is a sink or swim job for Harbs (and Michigan).
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2017-10-22, 11:43

Floyd Robertson wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:
You're right.
Look at all the difficulty they had filling the position the last two times it was there for the taking. Multiply that times infinity.

This is why I actually liked the hire. If he shits the bed, they have absolutely nothing left. It will be soul crushing and Dantonio would be part of the crushing.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2017-10-22, 11:44

Harbs is gone after this season. He's burnt out. A victory lap is no fun without the victory. He'll justify it by saying the program is in a better place than when he got there and he'll avoid the indignity of losing in EL and Columbus next year.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2017-10-22, 11:46

Nordic wrote:
More

I don't get why everyone thinks he could jump to the NFL. Who would want him? He was basically run out of town in SF. He hasn't done jack shit at Michigan and all his off-the-field shenanigans are starting to look pretty ridiculous (for those that didn't already know).

The Luck connection I can see. But that's it. If he underwelms again next year, I don't see NFL owners/GMs banging on his door. I would LOL if he did jump to the NFL, but I don't see it.

The Colts are essentially keeping the seat warm for him. When Indy fires Pagano U-M better watch the fuck out.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-10-22, 11:59

Nordic wrote:
More

Harbaugh tried to undermine the GM in SF. I'm sure that doesn't play well with other GM's (or some owners). He's a weird dude. He wears out his welcome...because he's a weird dude. You put up with it, if you're winning.

If someone is desperate, they might hire him. That could be Indy. Their owner is a nut case.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2017-10-22, 12:04

BTW anyone catch the Harblowhard piece on Gameday? I had it on in the car on the way up.

We all know he has a screw loose, but after listening to it I'm even more convinced he will fail (and it will be glorious). He talked about how a QB is like a carpeneter with saws and hammers and how he has to be good at dodgeball. Shit like this would never come out of Saban, Meyer or Dantonio's mouth.He is basically a walking/talking cliche with little substance.

BTW II, James Franklin is the same. His postgame schtick of how "we'll enjoy this win for another 37 minutes" is again more cliche than substance. Listening to one of his interviews is like listening to someone trying to sell you something.

He caught lightening in a bottle with the Moorehead hire, Barkley and McSorley. It's basically the old Baylor offense with a Heisman Trophy RB and a gungslinger QB that can throw a deadly deep sideline route. Credit were credit is do, that trio have been amazing and that move saved Franklin's ass.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-10-22, 12:14

Nordic wrote:BTW anyone catch the Harblowhard piece on Gameday? I had it on in the car on the way up.

We all know he has a screw loose, but after listening to it I'm even more convinced he will fail (and it will be glorious). He talked about how a QB is like a carpeneter with saws and hammers and how he has to be good at dodgeball. Shit like this would never come out of Saban, Meyer or Dantonio's mouth.He is basically a walking/talking cliche with little substance.

BTW II, James Franklin is the same. His postgame schtick of how "we'll enjoy this win for another 37 minutes" is again more cliche than substance. Listening to one of his interviews is like listening to someone trying to sell you something.

He caught lightening in a bottle with the Moorehead hire, Barkley and McSorley. It's basically the old Baylor offense with a Heisman Trophy RB and a gungslinger QB that can throw a deadly deep sideline route. Credit were credit is do, that trio have been amazing and that move saved Franklin's ass.

Is Dodgeball a step up from hitting grounders?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2017-10-22, 12:59

gHost Spartan wrote:
Nordic wrote:

The Luck connection I can see.  But that's it.  If he underwelms again next year, I don't see NFL owners/GMs banging on his door. I would LOL if he did jump to the NFL, but I don't see it.

Good NFL head coaches are like good NFL QBs. There just aren't a lot of either. Harbaugh is recognized as being an elite coach and whether that's accurate or not is up to debate. Nonetheless, there are a lot of really bad NFL coaches out there and Harbaugh has taken a team to a Super Bowl. He'll get more than his fair share of looks.

Agreed. No matter if he Burns Bridges or not. He can build an NFL team. It just didn't work in the college game. They're different. An owner could care less if he Burns Bridges. 5 years of sold out stadiums, increased ticket prices, concessions and sales? They'll line up to the mackinaw bridge bridge for that shit even if Hitler had that resume.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-10-22, 13:11

He’s not goi g anywhere. He’ll strike it with a good skill position guy, he’ll go 10-2, 9-3 and never win a NC. He’s still the best coach they can get.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-10-22, 13:13

DWags wrote:He’s not goi g anywhere. He’ll strike it with a good skill position guy, he’ll go 10-2, 9-3 and never win a NC. He’s still the best coach they can get.

He's Bo.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-10-22, 13:20

Clay Travis‏Verified account @ClayTravis

Jim Harbaugh is 6-5 in his last 11 games. Urban Meyer has lost 5 games total in his past four seasons.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2017-10-22, 13:54

LooseGoose wrote:Clay Travis‏Verified account @ClayTravis

Jim Harbaugh is 6-5 in his last 11 games. Urban Meyer has lost 5 games total in his past four seasons.

Cupboard was bare.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-10-22, 13:59

gHost Spartan wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

He's Bo.

I'm glad I never really knew much about Bo and Michigan growing up out east. I remember always hating Michigan but growing up in metro NYC we were all about the NFL, although I liked Penn State as a college team but admit that I didn't follow them much.

I can only imagine how fucking awful it must've been to be a Spartan when Bo was coaching at scUM. They talk about this guy like he's a deity. Never won a natty, how good could he have been?

There was a 14 year stretch where Bo beat MSU 13 times.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2017-10-22, 20:41

From some dude on Reddit:

"michigan state has lost 4 of their last 11. Michigan has lost 5. Which means even though we went 3-9 last year, we still have a better record in our last 11 games."
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-10-22, 21:23

Clarett's Folly wrote:From some dude on Reddit:

"michigan state has lost 4 of their last 11. Michigan has lost 5. Which means even though we went 3-9 last year, we still have a better record in our last 11 games."

I’m not very good at word problems.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-10-22, 21:50

DWags wrote:
Clarett's Folly wrote:From some dude on Reddit:

I’m not very good at word problems.

I think it’s a riddle.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-10-22, 21:55

It's an allegory.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2017-10-22, 22:04

NigelUno wrote:
gHost Spartan wrote:

I'm glad I never really knew much about Bo and Michigan growing up out east. I remember always hating Michigan but growing up in metro NYC we were all about the NFL, although I liked Penn State as a college team but admit that I didn't follow them much.

I can only imagine how fucking awful it must've been to be a Spartan when Bo was coaching at scUM. They talk about this guy like he's a deity. Never won a natty, how good could he have been?

He was 17 and fucking 4 against us.

Only lost twice in East Lansing (1969 and 1987). Yes we lost 8 straight at home to those fuckers.

Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-10-22, 22:06

Dr. Strangelove wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Only lost twice in East Lansing (1969 and 1987). Yes we lost 8 straight at home to those fuckers.

Too bad he could not play MSU in bowl games.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-10-22, 22:11

Turtleneck wrote:
Dr. Strangelove wrote:

Too bad he could not play MSU in bowl games.

No Turtle, too bad we didn’t play them in a bowl.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway 2017-10-23, 06:43

Big game this week - Rutgers at UM !!!

Winner is moves into outright 4th place in the B1G East division
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanJD01 2017-10-23, 09:23

Wally Fairway wrote:Big game this week - Rutgers at UM !!!

What would be funnier:

1. Rutgers plays Michigan tight (maybe even have a second half lead) - and we watch their fans meltdown; or
2. Michigan pounds Rutgers and puts up 70 pts again - and we watch their fans crow about how awesome they are?

Obviously, door number 3 (Rutgers Wins!) would be the funniest.
SpartanJD01
SpartanJD01
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-10-23, 09:45

SpartanJD01 wrote:
Wally Fairway wrote:Big game this week - Rutgers at UM !!!

What would be funnier:

1. Rutgers plays Michigan tight (maybe even have a second half lead) - and we watch their fans meltdown; or
2. Michigan pounds Rutgers and puts up 70 pts again - and we watch their fans crow about how awesome they are?

Obviously, door number 3 (Rutgers Wins!) would be the funniest.

The meltdown would be epic.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2017-10-23, 09:50

Since beginning of 2008 season scUM is 33-8 in Aug/Sept games....38-42 in games October on.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-10-23, 10:01

Has the Detroit media covered this incident yet, like when they castigated Tyler Collins for doing the same thing?

Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 9 DM07KzpVAAIkWOm
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-10-23, 10:05

Floyd Robertson wrote:Has the Detroit media covered this incident yet, like when they castigated Tyler Collins for doing the same thing?

Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 9 DM07KzpVAAIkWOm

Let's concentrate on football, eh? No sense in getting caught up in off the field distractions.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-10-23, 11:40

Tyler Collins was a Tigers OF. Horribly misplayed a fly ball in 2016, turned around and gave the fans the finger after  they mercilessly booed him. He apologized with 24 hours after every media outlet in town gave him shit.

Now wonder that Lavert Hill is getting a pass, though.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-10-23, 11:42

Leaders... best... yada yada.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 25 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 17 ... 25  Next