Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shoveling Snow While Drinking Beer Is One of Life's Simple Pleasures..

+17
DWags
Izzo Court
Frank Ricard
Nordic
y2kMgrad
Turtleneck
Other Teams Pursuing That
CORNER BLITZ
Watch Out Pylon!
Senior Dickfist
WhiteBoyHatcher
The Pantry
tGreenWay
kingstonlake
Floyd Robertson
MattyFresh
Robert J Sakimano
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Shoveling Snow While Drinking Beer Is One of Life's Simple Pleasures.. - Page 2 Empty Re: Shoveling Snow While Drinking Beer Is One of Life's Simple Pleasures..

Post by DWags 2017-12-14, 09:06

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Shoveling Snow While Drinking Beer Is One of Life's Simple Pleasures.. - Page 2 Snow

Shoveling Snow While Drinking Beer Is One of Life's Simple Pleasures.. - Page 2 635757589936726017-Eric-Snow-2

Well I don’t know about that kind of snow blowing.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Shoveling Snow While Drinking Beer Is One of Life's Simple Pleasures.. - Page 2 Empty Re: Shoveling Snow While Drinking Beer Is One of Life's Simple Pleasures..

Post by The Pantry 2017-12-14, 20:27

The Pantry wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Well I just did 3 driveways (with a snowthrower) and I'm exhausted.
My snowblower is currently out of commission. Feel free to do my sidewalk and drive tomorrow while I'm at work.

Thanks for nuthin.

Fortunately one of my sons stopped by a little while ago and helped me pull the blow-er out of the back shed and drag into the garage to warm up. Hope to get it started tomorrow evening after work.

If someone slips and falls on my sidewalk between now and then I'm going to reference this thread in any possible court paperwork.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-12-14, 20:32

The Pantry wrote:
The Pantry wrote:My snowblower is currently out of commission. Feel free to do my sidewalk and drive tomorrow while I'm at work.

Thanks for nuthin.

Fortunately one of my sons stopped by a little while ago and helped me pull the blow-er out of the back shed and drag into the garage to warm up. Hope to get it started tomorrow evening after work.

If someone slips and falls on my sidewalk between now and then I'm going to reference this thread in any possible court paperwork.
always nice when the EL sidewalk plow comes through.. though I'm picky enough that I run out and clean up the edges behind him.

#Meticulous
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-12-14, 20:44

Sorry I just saw this. Honestly I wouldn't have done it anyway. Shoveling Snow While Drinking Beer Is One of Life's Simple Pleasures.. - Page 2 502811600 Shoveling Snow While Drinking Beer Is One of Life's Simple Pleasures.. - Page 2 502811600

I was stone cold exhausted. I had to do my next door neighbors as they are out of town and I did the family down the street whose husband/dad passed recently. After my calls this morning I had to go back out to all 3 and touch up again with the optimist and the shovel. And then the plow came by around 4 and left a 2 ft high wall of that concrete hard shit at the end of the driveway and I had to hit all 3 by hand a third time.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2017-12-14, 20:58

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Thanks for nuthin.

always nice when the EL sidewalk plow comes through.. though I'm picky enough that I run out and clean up the edges behind him.

#Meticulous
Owned a home in Royal Oak between '86 and '91. Forget exactly how the sidewalk service worked. Wasn't a city service. Remember paying ~$20-25 a year and some dude would drive down all the sidewalks in my area, clearing them perfectly whether some addresses paid or not
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-12-15, 05:54

The Pantry wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: always nice when the EL sidewalk plow comes through.. though I'm picky enough that I run out and clean up the edges behind him.

#Meticulous
Owned a home in Royal Oak between '86 and '91. Forget exactly how the sidewalk service worked. Wasn't a city service. Remember paying ~$20-25 a year and some dude would drive down all the sidewalks in my area, clearing them perfectly whether some addresses paid or not
nice.

Yeah with all the student foot/bike traffic, EL semi-reliably plows sidewalks on the busy streets and sometimes hits the neighborhoods.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by msuspartan4eva 2017-12-16, 22:16

kingstonlake wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Hey, why didn't you buy those khakis Jeem wore and pooped in?

The shirts with boogers wiped on them sold for 5K.

Shoveling Snow While Drinking Beer Is One of Life's Simple Pleasures.. - Page 2 1f601

Can you imagine if ANY of our coaches would have done that? If our soccer coach did that they would have had a field day, month and year with it. Tshirts would have been printed and legendary jokes would have run amok. If Coach D would have done it, Ann Arbwhore and the D would have probably imploded from the rapture. I don't think we've gotten the mileage out of it that we should have. The man picked his nose and ATE it on national TV a la Spaulding from Caddyshack. I mean...........DAMN.
msuspartan4eva
msuspartan4eva
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-12-16, 22:26

Pantry did you still not do your damn driveway? Didn't look like it when I drove past this morning. I'll come over and do it after this NFL game is over if you and your neighbors don't mind the noise. I won't have time tomorrow.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by msuspartan4eva 2017-12-16, 22:29

As for the snowblower aspect, I enjoy doing it sometimes but as I get older I like it less and less. A beer helps but my walk behind takes two hands to operate (big John Deere) and is a VERY good two stage, but is a beast. I had a small toro years ago that I beat the piss out of. Was small with plastic paddles and was perfect for blowing out two inches or less. Gonna buy a used one if I can find it again...it's one of their most popular, small models they've ever made. It ran for over 25 years (mother in law was going to throw it away and so I salvaged it)
msuspartan4eva
msuspartan4eva
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2017-12-17, 00:24

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Pantry did you still not do your damn driveway? Didn't look like it when I drove past this morning. I'll come over and do it after this NFL game is over if you and your neighbors don't mind the noise. I won't have time tomorrow.
Thanks, but I finally got the blow-er running this evening. Not running great though. Won't start without a few shots of starting fluid and won't stay running without leaving the choke on. Hoping it makes it through the winter when I can take it to the shop for a tune-up.

Thanks again for the offer.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-02-09, 08:49

it's a good day to drink and shovel snow.. Shoveling Snow While Drinking Beer Is One of Life's Simple Pleasures.. - Page 2 3493939353

Shoveling Snow While Drinking Beer Is One of Life's Simple Pleasures.. - Page 2 969504605
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-02-09, 09:29

gHost Spartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:it's a good day to drink and shovel snow.. Shoveling Snow While Drinking Beer Is One of Life's Simple Pleasures.. - Page 2 3493939353

Shoveling Snow While Drinking Beer Is One of Life's Simple Pleasures.. - Page 2 969504605
Can we get some pics Bob?
I'm not sure I know how to do that.

I know how to take pictures.. I'm just not sure how to use the i54Egizmo pixel-whiznizzle e56-U plasma thing to put them on the internet.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-02-09, 09:31

gHost Spartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:it's a good day to drink and shovel snow.. Shoveling Snow While Drinking Beer Is One of Life's Simple Pleasures.. - Page 2 3493939353

Can we get some pics Bob?

Jeezus.....I thought you had your quota of penii yesterday.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-02-09, 09:32

Robert J Sakimano wrote:it's a good day to drink and shovel snow..  Shoveling Snow While Drinking Beer Is One of Life's Simple Pleasures.. - Page 2 3493939353

Shoveling Snow While Drinking Beer Is One of Life's Simple Pleasures.. - Page 2 Tenor

You're drinking beer at 9:30 am?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-02-09, 09:42

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:it's a good day to drink and shovel snow..  Shoveling Snow While Drinking Beer Is One of Life's Simple Pleasures.. - Page 2 3493939353

Shoveling Snow While Drinking Beer Is One of Life's Simple Pleasures.. - Page 2 Tenor

You're drinking beer at 9:30 am?
I didn't mean right now.. I've shoveled once.. maybe again around lunchtime.

with a Hamm's.

possibly a Coors.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-02-09, 09:43

LooseGoose wrote:
gHost Spartan wrote: Can we get some pics Bob?

Jeezus.....I thought you had your quota of penii yesterday.
and you know I only send pics to you, big boy.. flower
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-03-04, 08:24

Why do they have these in Alaska and not Michigan?

https://giant.gfycat.com/IllfatedSilverKarakul.webm
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2019-01-19, 19:11

Happy snow shoveling Bob
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-01-20, 05:54

Nordic wrote:Happy snow shoveling Bob
thanks man.

Shoveled twice yesterday. Only once was I drinking a beer.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-01-20, 06:03

Isn’t shoveling bad for the back? I get a lot of back pain after 30 minutes or so. I probably have bad technique or a crappy shovel.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-01-20, 07:42

steveschneider wrote:Isn’t shoveling bad for the back? I get a lot of back pain after 30 minutes or so. I probably have bad technique or a crappy shovel.
ya gotta approach it strategically.

First, practice good body mechanics. Otherwise, yes it could be detrimental to your back.

Secondly, break up the shoveling. Generally, its easier to shovel 4 inches twice than 8 inches once.

If you have any other questions whose answers fall under my "Master of the Obvious" qualifications, lemme know.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-01-20, 07:48

I read an article on proper shoveling technique after I experienced some back pain and it just does not look cool when you shovel properly. I upped my game to a two stage snow optimist and that thing can really move a lot of snow.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-01-20, 09:23

Snowblower wouldn't start yeaterday. Gonna replace the spark plug once it isn't buttfucking cold and see if that solves the problem. Meanwhile I had to shovel like a poor. No
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-01-20, 09:27

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Snowblower wouldn't start yeaterday. Gonna replace the spark plug once it isn't buttfucking cold and see if that solves the problem. Meanwhile I had to shovel like a poor. No
Shoveling Snow While Drinking Beer Is One of Life's Simple Pleasures.. - Page 2 502811600

Ran by a house yesterday morning that has a heated driveway (I assume) - perfect, undisturbed snow everywhere.. the driveway was pristine. No trace of even a flake or hints of shoveled snow piled on the side.

Couldn't help but chuckle.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-01-20, 10:43

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Snowblower wouldn't start yeaterday. Gonna replace the spark plug once it isn't buttfucking cold and see if that solves the problem. Meanwhile I had to shovel like a poor. No

I feel your pain. Last November we had a big snow. Went out to start the 1 yr old Troy Bilt and it wouldn’t start. Took 100.00 to fix it and I had to shovel. I guess this isn’t uncommon and I think snow optimists are pieces of shit.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2019-01-20, 12:19

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Isn’t shoveling bad for the back? I get a lot of back pain after 30 minutes or so. I probably have bad technique or a crappy shovel.
ya gotta approach it strategically.

First, practice good body mechanics. Otherwise, yes it could be detrimental to your back.

Secondly, break up the shoveling. Generally, its easier to shovel 4 inches twice than 8 inches once.

If you have any other questions whose answers fall under my "Master of the Obvious" qualifications, lemme know.

4 inches twice, 8 inches once, there's a joke there somewhere...
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-01-20, 12:25

Cameron wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: ya gotta approach it strategically.

4 inches twice, 8 inches once, there's a joke there somewhere...
agree. I'm just too lazy to try to think of it.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2021-02-22, 10:07

Bob, what is your preferred snow shoveling method? Run a center strip and do half width at a time, full length at a time like a boss, or full width at a time?

Shoveling Snow While Drinking Beer Is One of Life's Simple Pleasures.. - Page 2 2599972566
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2021-02-22, 11:29

Nordic wrote:Bob, what is your preferred snow shoveling method? Run a center strip and do half width at a time, full length at a time like a boss, or full width at a time?

Shoveling Snow While Drinking Beer Is One of Life's Simple Pleasures.. - Page 2 2599972566
Bob likes to go with 4 inches twice. Mrs. Sak prefers 8 inches once.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-02-22, 12:01

Nordic wrote:Bob, what is your preferred snow shoveling method? Run a center strip and do half width at a time, full length at a time like a boss, or full width at a time?

depends on the depth of snow.

3-4 inches or less, yep.. one single strip down the middle, then start pushing it to the edges of the driveway, up and onto the pile.

More than that, it's easier to divide it up into sections and conquer it from there.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2021-02-22, 12:14

This is the correct method.

Shoveling Snow While Drinking Beer Is One of Life's Simple Pleasures.. - Page 2 Zamboni_pattern
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Nordic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2021-11-28, 15:34

Got the first couple shovels in today. Cleaned off the cars. Felt good. 10-2. Shoveling Snow While Drinking Beer Is One of Life's Simple Pleasures.. - Page 2 3493939353
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2