Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reggie Brown

Go down

Reggie Brown Empty Reggie Brown

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-12-23, 01:00

Do you guys remember this? I can't believe it's been 20 years.

I was really excited about this draft pick. He was a physical LB with legit 4.5 speed. He showed a ton of promise in his year and a half.

At the time of this game, I was working shifts at the Lansing Assembly plant over Christmas Break at MSU. I think I was working 7/10s and I left my Sunday shift early to meet my Dad in Pontiac so I could go to the game.

Crazy swing of emotions with the playoffs/division title on the line, as well as Barry's 2k season. And then a player's life. I had been at the Utley game against the Rams in '91 and I immediately knew something was really fucked up and started freaking out. And then I remember Johnnie Morton and another player (can't remember who) running to the tunnel and running back with the stretcher on wheels. I was telling people around me, holy shit, I think he might be dying.

One of the craziest games I've ever attended in terms of A-Z spectrum. I believe this all happened before Barry hit 2k, if I remember correctly. And the funny thing about that was he was at like 1,998, and had a 2.5 yard run. And the PA guy did an announcement and everyone gave a standing O. And then, in true Lions/Barry fashion on the next carry he lost 2 yards and no one knew WTF to do. And then again, in true Barry fashion, on the very next carry he busted one 50 yards.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2017/12/22/breathing-reggie-brown-relives-injury/108850952/

WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down