Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are these cheap drones actually possible to control?

+5
tGreenWay
Death Roe
WhiteBoyHatcher
Turtleneck
Herbie Green
9 posters

Go down

Are these cheap drones actually possible to control? Empty Are these cheap drones actually possible to control?

Post by Herbie Green 2017-12-26, 20:01

Or am I just an idiot?  I studied the user manual but had no better luck than with helicopters five years ago.  They can't handle a 2 mph wind or indoor draft before crashing.

I think the thing will be ruined before I even attempt to use the camera
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Are these cheap drones actually possible to control? Empty Re: Are these cheap drones actually possible to control?

Post by Guest 2017-12-26, 20:08

Herbie - never afraid to ask the tough questions publicly.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Are these cheap drones actually possible to control? Empty Re: Are these cheap drones actually possible to control?

Post by Turtleneck 2017-12-26, 20:09

Herbie Green wrote:Or am I just an idiot? 

Are these cheap drones actually possible to control? James-Franco-Boom
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-12-26, 20:20

Which one did Santa bring your kid? He brought mine, one, too. Santa went a bit cheapo because wtf is an 8 year old going to do with a drone.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-12-26, 20:22

I don't know.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-12-26, 20:27

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Which one did Santa bring your kid? He brought mine, one, too. Santa went a bit cheapo because wtf is an 8 year old going to do with a drone.

X5UW

Uncle bought it and I mistakenly thought he knew what he was doing.  After crashing it indoors and then a few crash landings outside in 10 degree temps my 11 year old explained to me the excitement of the anticipation vs reality
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-12-26, 20:30

Herbie going high tech with his peeping tomfoolery.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-12-26, 20:34

X5UW

Looks about on par with what we got. Q Copter

I've only played with it indoor for about 5 minutes. I assume it's not going to be able to do shit in this weather with the wind and the cold. Probably a wait until spring toy.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-12-26, 20:41

Will WBH be doing a live feed of Pantry’s property?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-12-26, 20:43

More likely Charlotte or Claire's. I think that's why the little creep wanted it in the first place.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2017-12-26, 21:09

Herbie Green wrote:Or am I just an idiot?  I studied the user manual but had no better luck than with helicopters five years ago.  They can't handle a 2 mph wind or indoor draft before crashing.

I think the thing will be ruined before I even attempt to use the camera
Probably just like everything else...you get what you pay for.

Found a drone youtube of Royal Caribbean's Radiance of the Seas in dry dock last year.  Reason I looked for it is my daughter is a contract feature singer for RC and got on Radiance while it was in dry dock in Portland just before a summer of Vancouver-Alaska cruises.  Dude posted the vid about a week before she boarded.  Was very well done with a Phantom 3.  The overhead running the length from bow to stern is cool.  Check the comments...guy claimed he used GPS to do the flying 125 feet above it,

The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-12-26, 22:11

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:More likely Charlotte or Claire's. I think that's why the little creep wanted it in the first place.

You are looking live at Pantry's bathroom bathing where he is bathing in raw milk and salsa.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2017-12-26, 22:36

Turtleneck wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:More likely Charlotte or Claire's. I think that's why the little creep wanted it in the first place.

You are looking live at Pantry's bathroom bathing where he is bathing in raw milk and salsa.

The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-12-26, 22:47

Pantry, you posting YouTube.  You ever try to fly one?
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2017-12-26, 23:02

Herbie Green wrote:Pantry, you posting YouTube.  You ever try to fly one?
No. Have only fucked around with a cheap helicopter my kid got years ago. As I recall it wasn't that difficult,
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-12-26, 23:03

Where is poster he got it? Guy is a drone fanatic
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-12-26, 23:06

The DJ Phantoms are fantastic. They are way better than the pieces of shit that Herbie and I got. I have a coworker who got a deal on one this summer for like $1400 and then Girbaud in Austin bought one of the same ones a few months ago when the price dropped quite a bit. I think it's the DJ III or Phantom III or something. I considered it but really we have no use for it and plus my kid is way too young for something like that.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-12-26, 23:50

The Pantry wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

This is what I plan to do if I ever see a drone on my property. If I get in trouble for using a double-barrel shotgun, then I'll switch to a much quieter high-quality slingshot.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-12-27, 00:55

This is my drone. Not sure if it is expensive or not.

Are these cheap drones actually possible to control? 14qpt955.1
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-12-27, 00:59

The Pantry wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:Pantry, you posting YouTube.  You ever try to fly one?
No.  Have only fucked around with a cheap helicopter my kid got years ago.  As I recall it wasn't that difficult,

Lol you are full of shit
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-12-27, 01:58

Herbie Green wrote:
The Pantry wrote:
No.  Have only fucked around with a cheap helicopter my kid got years ago.  As I recall it wasn't that difficult,

Lol you are full of shit

You're applying too much testosterone. It's making you an even bigger bitch than you usually are. Merry Christmas, Herbie. Come again when you can't stay longer.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2017-12-27, 18:10

Herbie Green wrote:
The Pantry wrote:

Lol you are full of shit
WTF dude. You come on here looking for advice. I offer some and you insult me? Guessing by your usual tone you are as heavy-handed with the drone controls as you are in correspondence. Little wonder you crash at both. Lighten up, bitch.

Again, the guy flying a Phantom 3 over Portland's waterfront had no issues using GPS. Not sure exactly how that works but might be something you'd be interested in researching. Maybe it's possible the cheapo rig you bought features that capability. Or, maybe it doesn't and you should pony-up for something easier to fly.

The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2017-12-27, 18:20

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:The DJ Phantoms are fantastic. They are way better than the pieces of shit that Herbie and I got. I have a coworker who got a deal on one this summer for like $1400 and then Girbaud in Austin bought one of the same ones a few months ago when the price dropped quite a bit. I think it's the DJ III or Phantom III or something. I considered it but really we have no use for it and plus my kid is way too young for something like that.

Same here, I thought about getting one but the neighbors next door weigh 300 lbs +. WTF wants to waste a $1400 drone taking videos of that?
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by keanro 2018-01-03, 01:36

The DJI Phantom 3 is around $600 on amazon and it offers 4k video.
keanro
keanro
Spartiate

http://4wheelonline.com/kumho-tires.223939

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down