Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No TV Teddy today. Big removed him from our game because of his back turn at UNC

+14
WhiteBoyHatcher
Floyd Robertson
InTenSity
Travis of the Cosmos
Nordic
Death Roe
Heat Miser
y2kMgrad
SawGreen
steveschneider
tGreenWay
Watch Out Pylon!
Turtleneck
DWags
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

No TV Teddy today. Big removed him from our game because of his back turn at UNC Empty No TV Teddy today. Big removed him from our game because of his back turn at UNC

Post by DWags Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:32 am

Valentine expressed frustration about the criticism he received as a result of his decision to turn his back on North Carolina point guard Joel Berry II during the Tar Heels’ loss at Florida State Wednesday night. He even went so far as to suggest he might walk away from the profession he has worked in for nearly 30 years.

“I’m thinking about retiring,” Valentine said. “I’ve had enough of people blowing up stuff. I think I’ve had a stellar career, and I think it’s time to get ready to walk away.”

According to Valentine, as a result of the incident and the attention it drew, the Big Ten removed him from two games he was assigned to work over the weekend – Friday’s contest between Wisconsin and Rutgers, and Sunday’s game between Ohio State and Michigan State.

Excerpt from the athletic.

Last edited by DWags on Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:38 am; edited 1 time in total
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

No TV Teddy today. Big removed him from our game because of his back turn at UNC Empty Re: No TV Teddy today. Big removed him from our game because of his back turn at UNC

Post by Turtleneck Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:35 am

DWags wrote:
I think it’s time to get ready to walk away.

I couldn't agree more.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

No TV Teddy today. Big removed him from our game because of his back turn at UNC Empty Re: No TV Teddy today. Big removed him from our game because of his back turn at UNC

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:47 am

cheers
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:25 am

Turtleneck wrote:
DWags wrote:
I think it’s time to get ready to walk away.

I couldn't agree more.

Forget walking. I suggest he run.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:58 am

Should let him call the games. Dude has worked 30 years and all the abuse those refs take is punishment enough.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:04 pm

steveschneider wrote:Should let him call the games. Dude has worked 30 years and all the abuse those refs take is punishment enough.

Don't be a grandstanding fuckwad that wants to make the game all about him, don't get suspended. Fuck him.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:09 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Should let him call the games. Dude has worked 30 years and all the abuse those refs take is punishment enough.

Don't be a grandstanding fuckwad that wants to make the game all about him, don't get suspended. Fuck him.

Yeah, I’m not a fan I just think someone that worked the job thirty years should be given a pass sometimes. I just don’t think the punishment fits the crime.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:22 pm

The sad thing is that I don't even know if he's any good. His antics work against any objective observation.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:30 pm

Good riddance. His antics have jumped the shark.
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:31 pm

Fuck that. He is an asshole. The way he stepped to the Cincinatti coach a few years ago should have been it.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:54 pm

Turtleneck wrote:

I don’t disagree with this regarding the Cincinnati incident. He was out of line. I thought that was much worse.

Fuck that. He is an asshole. The way he stepped to the Cincinatti coach a few years ago should have been it.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:57 pm

steveschneider wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

I don’t disagree with this regarding the Cincinnati incident. He was out of line. I thought that was much worse.

I thought it was way worse, too.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:17 pm

DWags wrote:Valentine expressed frustration about the criticism he received as a result of his decision to turn his back on North Carolina point guard Joel Berry II during the Tar Heels’ loss at Florida State Wednesday night. He even went so far as to suggest he might walk away from the profession he has worked in for nearly 30 years.

“I’m thinking about retiring,” Valentine said. “I’ve had enough of people blowing up stuff. I think I’ve had a stellar career, and I think it’s time to get ready to walk away.”

According to Valentine, as a result of the incident and the attention it drew, the Big Ten removed him from two games he was assigned to work over the weekend – Friday’s contest between Wisconsin and Rutgers, and Sunday’s game between Ohio State and Michigan State.

Sure thinks highly of himself. Clearly a stable genius.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:32 pm

steveschneider wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Yeah, I’m not a fan I just think someone that worked the job thirty years should be given a pass sometimes. I just don’t think the punishment fits the crime.

He shouldn't be given a pass, he is unprofessional at all times. He's called TV Teddy for a reason.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:50 pm

Death Roe wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

He shouldn't be given a pass, he is unprofessional at all times. He's called TV Teddy for a reason.

Yeah, after TN’s call out about the incident with the coach at Cinci I’ve reconsidered. I found it weird that he was getting a harsh penalty over something minor and I found it weird the b10 would punish him for something that happened in the acc but at the end of the day I’m chalking it up to karma. He’s earned his reputation and he’s done a lot of unprofessional shit in the past.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:52 pm

DWags wrote:Valentine expressed frustration about the criticism he received as a result of his decision to turn his back on North Carolina point guard Joel Berry II during the Tar Heels’ loss at Florida State Wednesday night. He even went so far as to suggest he might walk away from the profession he has worked in for nearly 30 years.

Am I insane or did he retire once before? Or he wasn't going to do BIG games?
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:00 pm

Nordic wrote:

Am I insane or did he retire once before? Or he wasn't going to do BIG games?

Are you thinking Hightower instead?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:11 pm

Yep. Hightower. Thank you. This has been bugging me the last two years.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:16 pm

Is this our game thread?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:23 pm

Fuck yeah this is our game thread. Fuck TV Ted.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:27 pm

Go Green.......blow them out.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:33 pm

My cbs channel is doing more post game shit. Getting pissed off.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:35 pm

Who the fuck needs more post game shit from this turd game. Basketball please.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:36 pm

At this point in the year I think its MSU, then everyone else in CBB. Duke and UNC both lost, TAMU lost again. Oklahoma, outside of that one kid, lost. Maybe Nova. The biggest irony would be if we faced Virginia for the title game, because apparently we're their Duke.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:37 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Who the fuck needs more post game shit from this turd game. Basketball please.

Fuck CBS!!!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:37 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Who the fuck needs more post game shit from this turd game. Basketball please.

This, Fuck the NFL.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:38 pm

Heat Miser wrote:

Sure thinks highly of himself. Clearly a stable genius.

I've had this same opinion for a long time. OTOH, Goose posted a piece in another thread about Parrish voting us #1. If you scroll down past that first article, the next contains some shockingly glowing comments about Teddy. I was surprised by how many coaches consider him to be an excellent ref.
But he's still a douchebag.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/college-basketball-rankings-michigan-state-takes-top-spot-sec-supremacy-up-for-grabs/
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:42 pm

Juggernaut
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:42 pm

I'm shocked they didn't get J3 for an OTB there.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:44 pm

OSU coach doing some nose picking. I got $10 he eats it.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:47 pm

Bench Ward.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:47 pm

1 foul so far, I'm good with it.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:47 pm

LooseGoose wrote:Bench Ward.
Free ward
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:52 pm

Need to hit a shot.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:54 pm

Mcqaid got mugged.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:54 pm

Feed Ward
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:56 pm

How do we give up a run like that?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:56 pm

They're gonna double Nick in the post all game eh. Big man's gotta look to pass.

WHY THE FUCK ARE WE STILL SEEING COMMERCIALS WITH BUICK FIREPLACE GUY
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:56 pm

LooseGoose wrote:Feed Ward

This. Either that or Bridges attack the basket. Draw fouls.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:57 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote: 

WHY THE FUCK ARE WE STILL SEEING COMMERCIALS WITH BUICK FIREPLACE GUY
This. I’m gonna buy a car soon but it sure as shit isn’t gonna be a Buick
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next