Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Luke Brown, Freshman Phenom - Revives a town in IN

2 posters

Go down

Luke Brown, Freshman Phenom - Revives a town in IN Empty Luke Brown, Freshman Phenom - Revives a town in IN

Post by Guest 2018-01-08, 16:54

Doyel: Blackford freshman phenom taking a whole town for a joy ride

HARTFORD CITY – So, the kid.

He’s sitting in the coaches’ office at Blackford High School, sitting there with bangs on his face and ice on his knees. This is where I find him a few minutes after the ninth game of his high school career, a game that has drawn a crowd of roughly 2,000 from a town of 5,900. Something special is happening with Blackford basketball in Hartford City, a team and a town where for so long special had been missing, and it centers on the kid with the bangs, the ice.

His ninth high school game, he’s almost apologizing for it.

“I missed a lot of shots I should make,” is what he says.

“I’m glad we won, but I can play better,” is what he says.

His name is Luke Brown. He has just scored 35 points and handed out 11 assists. He is a high school freshman.

Here in Hartford City, something special is happening.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Luke Brown, Freshman Phenom - Revives a town in IN Empty Re: Luke Brown, Freshman Phenom - Revives a town in IN

Post by SawGreen 2018-01-08, 21:05

Awesome. And I hope he goes to an Indiana school, because it makes it right.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Luke Brown, Freshman Phenom - Revives a town in IN Empty Re: Luke Brown, Freshman Phenom - Revives a town in IN

Post by tGreenWay 2018-01-08, 21:07

SawGreen wrote:Awesome. And I hope he goes to an Indiana school, because it makes it right.

Were you unhappy when Skiles went to MSU? If Izzo or his successor wants him, I'd rather he be in EL.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down