Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now that Campbell ahh allegedly decommited,

+36
Herbie Green
dubie7006
Bizarro Fletch
Wally Fairway
TrueGreenSpartan
bryanleeg
Throwback702
InTenSity
MasonGuy
Mentalstate
Other Teams Pursuing That
Rodeo Burger
Punisher98
AvgMSUJoe
SpartanStu
steveschneider
SeeRockCity
Larry Kazamias
Stoops21
WBill
Cosmo_Kramer
Martin Spartan
NigelUno
Izzo Court
Heat Miser
CrazySparty
Hut1hut2
Dolph Ziggler
Robert J Sakimano
duffy munn
BostonUSpartan
Blanch32
LoneWolfSparty
Giant Moose
Ass Dan
tanfan!
40 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Now that Campbell ahh  allegedly decommited,  - Page 2 Empty Re: Now that Campbell ahh allegedly decommited,

Post by NigelUno 6/17/2014, 10:08 am

Tanfan! wrote:Oh great another Nigel /crazy sparty bitch fest. Give it a rest guys.

Stop being a wuss. Be a man. Pick a side.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Now that Campbell ahh  allegedly decommited,  - Page 2 Empty Re: Now that Campbell ahh allegedly decommited,

Post by NigelUno 6/17/2014, 10:09 am

steveschneider wrote:First off, how good is Jayru going to be as a CFB QB? What are we talking here in terms of talent? Depending on how talented he is and capable of winning I will base my answer on that.

That's what I'm talking about. Let's get our priorities straight.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cosmo_Kramer 6/17/2014, 10:12 am

NigelUno wrote:

That's my point.  What if he turns into Cam Newton?

Are you insinuating that MSU would pay Campbell if he won a title?
Cosmo_Kramer
Cosmo_Kramer
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 6/17/2014, 10:15 am

Cosmo_Kramer wrote:

Are you insinuating that MSU would pay Campbell if he won a title?

Directly? No.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazySparty 6/17/2014, 10:18 am

steveschneider wrote:First off, how good is Jayru going to be as a CFB QB? What are we talking here in terms of talent? Depending on how talented he is and capable of winning I will base my answer on that.

Watched him play his freshman year against De La Salle HS in the playoffs. He was fantastic.

I've seen him play a couple of times since then, and he's still really good, but there's no doubt he benefits from having a tremendous team around him. All of his weapons are fast as hell.
CrazySparty
CrazySparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Hut1hut2 6/17/2014, 10:22 am

Heat Miser wrote:Lots of fresh new viewpoints in this thread I haven't heard before on either board. :eyeroll:/:sarcasm:
I, for one, am offended sir. Good day
Hut1hut2
Hut1hut2
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanStu 6/17/2014, 10:28 am

The kid not attending MSU is a win. With his DGAF attitude, its more than likely he has athletically peaked already.
SpartanStu
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 6/17/2014, 10:32 am

CrazySparty wrote:

Watched him play his freshman year against De La Salle HS in the playoffs. He was fantastic.

I've seen him play a couple of times since then, and he's still really good, but there's no doubt he benefits from having a tremendous team around him. All of his weapons are fast as hell.

At the next level would he be an All American? If so then I think we should keep him.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazySparty 6/17/2014, 10:34 am

steveschneider wrote:

At the next level would he be an All American? If so then I think we should keep him.

In our run-first offense? No chance.
CrazySparty
CrazySparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 6/17/2014, 10:39 am

I think he need Dantonio more than MSU needed him.

How this affects the other recruits from Cass Tech is a concern.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Punisher98 6/17/2014, 10:39 am

I'm all for second chances, especially when its a kid in high school. Something about him just rubbed me the wrong way though, it seems that he has serious anger issues and it could have been a mess if he got up to East Lansing and something happened with him on or off the field.

We're a bigger program now that we were back in 2008 or 2009. Doesn't hurt us to play it safe once in awhile. We got our guy from AZ and honestly I think he might fit our system better than Campbell who is more of a run-first kind of guy.

Best of luck to Jayru and no hard feelings. Might be best for all parties and if I were him I think I would get out of dodge and go somewhere out of the state.
Punisher98
Punisher98
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 6/17/2014, 10:39 am

CrazySparty wrote:

In our run-first offense? No chance.

Alright, then I think it was a good move to get rid of him. The kid was trouble, we don't need that.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodeo Burger 6/17/2014, 10:41 am

I have no ax to grind against Campbell but I'm glad he won't be coming to MSU. I tend to doubt that the 2 violent incidents that were caught on camera are the only similar incidents that he's had. The odds against it are overwhelming.

He's already brought a ton of bad press to MSU, though that's mostly because the Detroit media decided to go ahead with the smear campaign.

One thing that annoys be about this is that various insiders to the program have been saying for months that Campbell won't be coming to MSU, but he makes it sound like he decommitted from us, which just isn't true.
Rodeo Burger
Rodeo Burger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 6/17/2014, 10:42 am

steveschneider wrote:

Alright, then I think it was a good move to get rid of him. The kid was trouble, we don't need that.

LSU or Miami will straighten him out.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 6/17/2014, 10:44 am

Ass Dan wrote:I wanted him to stay committed and end up here. If he kept his nose clean, wouldn't that be attributable to cmd's ability to turn boys into men?

Could have been good press, and if he was a total thug and a loser with no chance, he would have washed out pretty soon after getting on campus.

It was a low risk, high reward type of scenario in my opinion.

Agreed, except for calling Dantonio CMD. Let's not..
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 6/17/2014, 10:47 am

Rodeo Burger wrote:I have no ax to grind against Campbell but I'm glad he won't be coming to MSU.   I tend to doubt that the 2 violent incidents that were caught on camera are the only similar incidents that he's had.  The odds against it are overwhelming.

He's already brought a ton of bad press to MSU, though that's mostly because the Detroit media decided to go ahead with the smear campaign.

One thing that annoys be about this is that various insiders to the program have been saying for months that Campbell won't be coming to MSU, but he makes it sound like he decommitted from us, which just isn't true.

Who cares what it sounds like? Dantonio handled it the right way.

The kid wasn't an MSU student athlete. What he did wasn't a reflection on Dantonio nor MSU...no matter what some people want you to believe.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Mentalstate 6/17/2014, 10:48 am

Izzo Court wrote:I have rage issues and I have never hit or assaulted anyone.  This kid has done it twice in a public setting before graduating high school.  I hope he cleans up his act, but I'm glad he won't be representing MSU.

MAC-level rage issues. Get your rage together and knock someone the **** out, already. Jesus, no wonder you have rage issues, it's because you're doing it ALL WRONG!.
Mentalstate
Mentalstate
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 6/17/2014, 10:50 am

NigelUno wrote:

LSU or Miami will straighten him out.

It would suck to see him get straightened out at Ohio State or Penn State. Ooft, that would sting.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 6/17/2014, 10:54 am

Rodeo Burger wrote:I have no ax to grind against Campbell but I'm glad he won't be coming to MSU.   I tend to doubt that the 2 violent incidents that were caught on camera are the only similar incidents that he's had.  The odds against it are overwhelming.

We have to get a grip on what we call 'bad press'. You have to take my word for this no one outside of Michigan gives a shit about what the detroit press says.

Don't let the Sam Webb's in D - Town get you down.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MasonGuy 6/17/2014, 10:56 am

It will be cool to watch him progress through college. I get the whole squeaky clean thing that we are aspiring to but we all have to admit, there is behavior idiocy that has already taken place, is currently taking place and will continue to take place.

Sure it reflects on the university and on Coach D, but the best they can do is attempt to limit it by not pursuing guys that, right or wrong, seem to be involved with this kind of crap in high school.

Unfortunately this kid is now a "distraction" and would be singled out if he spilled a glass of water in the cafeteria. There is nothing new here. Only the pros and SEC schools tolerate this kind of stuff.
MasonGuy
MasonGuy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Kazamias 6/17/2014, 11:00 am

steveschneider wrote:

It would suck to see him get straightened out at Ohio State or Penn State. Ooft, that would sting.
Or ND.  I mean Kelly killed a kid, why wouldn't he bring in a guy who went Steven Seagal on a rent a cop.
Larry Kazamias
Larry Kazamias
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 6/17/2014, 11:02 am

MasonGuy wrote:It will be cool to watch him progress through college.  I get the whole squeaky clean thing that we are aspiring to but we all have to admit, there is behavior idiocy that has already taken place, is currently taking place and will continue to take place.  

Sure it reflects on the university and on Coach D, but the best they can do is attempt to limit it by not pursuing guys that, right or wrong, seem to be involved with this kind of crap in high school.

Unfortunately this kid is now a "distraction" and would be singled out if he spilled a glass of water in the cafeteria.  There is nothing new here.  Only the pros and SEC schools tolerate this kind of stuff.    

Disagree with your last sentence, B10 as well...look at UofM with Lewan and Gibbons. Ohio State didn't suspend any players after that one fight, not even the guy that flipped off the crowd on TV.

It comes down to PR and controlling the narrative the media is going to come at you with and being able to deflect criticism...something we have to get better at.

Last edited by steveschneider on 6/17/2014, 11:04 am; edited 1 time in total
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 6/17/2014, 11:02 am

I feel bad for kids today. If they happen to be caught on camera for all of 6 seconds without any context, they better be ready to catch hell from armchair coaches. I tried to break a kids leg in soccer, because he ran over my stomach, by sliding from behind and kicking him in the back of the knee. It was in the heat of the moment, and that was just for something somewhat trivial. I saw a couple fights between the starting QB and other kids in which teachers got involved, in a mostly rich white school. None of that was on camera, but had only a snippet been if a kid had accidentally punched one of the teachers, he'd be crucified. Not saying that whatever JC did was accidental, but no one seems to be looking at the 'why'. Why did he punch a kid in line? Why wasn't he kicked out of school, for something that usually get a kid kicked out? 

Maybe its good that he isn't coming to MSU, we'll probably never know, but I find it disheartening how ready middle age white guys are to judge a 17 or 18 year old without knowing all the facts. Commence the 2 or 3 replies that will correct me in how they know everything just from watching the video.

Does anyone remember that one recruit from a couple of years ago, who might have committed elsewhere, but came from a somewhat shady background? Whatever happened to him?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 6/17/2014, 11:03 am

Larry Kazamias wrote:
Or ND.  I mean Kelly killed a kid, why wouldn't he bring in a guy who went Steven Seagal on a rent a cop.

Could he qualify at ND? ND actually has really high academic standards for their fb team. But yeah, if he had the grades I could see him playing there.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Kazamias 6/17/2014, 11:08 am

steveschneider wrote:

Could he qualify at ND? ND actually has really high academic standards for their fb team. But yeah, if he had the grades I could see him playing there. 
ESPN lists an offer FWIW
Larry Kazamias
Larry Kazamias
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 6/17/2014, 11:13 am

InTenSity wrote:I feel bad for kids today. If they happen to be caught on camera for all of 6 seconds without any context, they better be ready to catch hell from armchair coaches. I tried to break a kids leg in soccer, because he ran over my stomach, by sliding from behind and kicking him in the back of the knee. It was in the heat of the moment, and that was just for something somewhat trivial. I saw a couple fights between the starting QB and other kids in which teachers got involved, in a mostly rich white school. None of that was on camera, but had only a snippet been if a kid had accidentally punched one of the teachers, he'd be crucified. Not saying that whatever JC did was accidental, but no one seems to be looking at the 'why'. Why did he punch a kid in line? Why wasn't he kicked out of school, for something that usually get a kid kicked out? 

Maybe its good that he isn't coming to MSU, we'll probably never know, but I find it disheartening how ready middle age white guys are to judge a 17 or 18 year old without knowing all the facts. Commence the 2 or 3 replies that will correct me in how they know everything just from watching the video.

Does anyone remember that one recruit from a couple of years ago, who might have committed elsewhere, but came from a somewhat shady background? Whatever happened to him?

I agree. People forget how severly Pat Tilman assaulted and the damage he did to the kid was far worse than what Jayru did. At the end of the day, I think the second chance Pat got helped him turn out to be a great individual.

". The Tillmans got a phone call later that night, the young man's father saying that his son was hospitalized and vomiting from a head injury. Suddenly Pat was staring at a felony assault charge, the threat of a lawsuit and a potential football scholarship going up in smoke, and in the crossfire between two parents whose marriage would dissolve two years later. His mother wanted to take the $40,000 that she'd just inherited from her grandmother and pay off the aggrieved family. His father, a lawyer, insisted that Pat had done the right thing and that offering money would be an admission of guilt. Pat reeled out of his house, sobbing, and climbed a eucalyptus tree."

"He served 30 days, did 250 hours of community service, and his family paid $40,000 in damages."
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Kazamias 6/17/2014, 11:25 am

steveschneider wrote:

I agree. People forget how severly Pat Tilman assaulted and the damage he did to the kid was far worse than what Jayru did. At the end of the day, I think the second chance Pat got helped him turn out to be a great individual.

". The Tillmans got a phone call later that night, the young man's father saying that his son was hospitalized and vomiting from a head injury. Suddenly Pat was staring at a felony assault charge, the threat of a lawsuit and a potential football scholarship going up in smoke, and in the crossfire between two parents whose marriage would dissolve two years later. His mother wanted to take the $40,000 that she'd just inherited from her grandmother and pay off the aggrieved family. His father, a lawyer, insisted that Pat had done the right thing and that offering money would be an admission of guilt. Pat reeled out of his house, sobbing, and climbed a eucalyptus tree."

"He served 30 days, did 250 hours of community service, and his family paid $40,000 in damages."
Am I the only one that finds eucalyptus tree to be a strange addition to this story?
Larry Kazamias
Larry Kazamias
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Throwback702 6/17/2014, 11:33 am

CrazySparty wrote:

What's so hard for you to understand?

The whole "Dantonio's call is the right call" is garbage. If Dantonio kept him, but Jayru still got arrested, would Coach D still have been "right"? Hell no. It's a results-oriented situation. I'm sure some people would've completely absolved Dantonio, but they're the ones claiming that regardless of what Dantonio does, he's "right". That logic is foolish. Dantonio isn't infallible.

He may very well turn out to stay out of trouble, and have a successful career. If that happens, then people like myself and Dantonio will look foolish(However, I do believe there is something be said for him getting out of Detroit/Michigan).

But again, that's not a risk I want MSU taking, especially when coming off a Rose Bowl victory.

Now that Campbell ahh  allegedly decommited,  - Page 2 1853518006 Now that Campbell ahh  allegedly decommited,  - Page 2 1853518006 Now that Campbell ahh  allegedly decommited,  - Page 2 1853518006 
Throwback702
Throwback702
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by bryanleeg 6/17/2014, 11:33 am

Martin Spartan wrote:Wow, what a fresh take on the situation.  I will be getting all of my sports information from this board going forward.

Then don't fucking come here! Go back to your dumpster fire of a board, if you can get it to load that is.
bryanleeg
bryanleeg
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Throwback702 6/17/2014, 11:34 am

InTenSity wrote:I feel bad for kids today. If they happen to be caught on camera for all of 6 seconds without any context, they better be ready to catch hell from armchair coaches. I tried to break a kids leg in soccer, because he ran over my stomach, by sliding from behind and kicking him in the back of the knee. It was in the heat of the moment, and that was just for something somewhat trivial. I saw a couple fights between the starting QB and other kids in which teachers got involved, in a mostly rich white school. None of that was on camera, but had only a snippet been if a kid had accidentally punched one of the teachers, he'd be crucified. Not saying that whatever JC did was accidental, but no one seems to be looking at the 'why'. Why did he punch a kid in line? Why wasn't he kicked out of school, for something that usually get a kid kicked out? 

If you would've just watched the damn video, you'd know the truth.
Throwback702
Throwback702
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueGreenSpartan 6/17/2014, 11:43 am

CrazySparty wrote:

Again, what is there to address?

As you even said, what I listed was a "worst case scenario". Do you deny Dantonio would've looked like a moron(Or at least be made to look like one by the media) had the scenario I described actually happened? Do you deny that MSU fans and media alike have been outspoken against bring Jayru in?

Or, again, are you just trolling?

What you just described is the #BlueWall which you constantly claim doesn't exist  Now that Campbell ahh  allegedly decommited,  - Page 2 1966794946 
TrueGreenSpartan
TrueGreenSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway 6/17/2014, 1:20 pm

When I first started to read this story, I thought that it was going to be about Jayru

http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/article/20140617/NEWS02/306170024/Man-charged-after-trying-throw-football-loaded-drugs-cell-phones-into-prison-yard
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bizarro Fletch 6/17/2014, 1:21 pm

Tanfan! wrote:On tcock...

Just delete the bookmark, dude. You'll be so much happier.
Bizarro Fletch
Bizarro Fletch
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazySparty 6/17/2014, 1:31 pm

TrueGreenSpartan wrote:

What you just described is the #BlueWall which you constantly claim doesn't exist  Now that Campbell ahh  allegedly decommited,  - Page 2 1966794946 

Now that Campbell ahh  allegedly decommited,  - Page 2 502811600 There doesn't need to be a "Blue Wall" to call someone who signs a kid with a history like Jayru's a moron.
CrazySparty
CrazySparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by dubie7006 6/17/2014, 1:34 pm

I don't see why you can't have both viewpoints. Is it really an 'either/or' situation? This is not the first thread Tanny has started like this...trying to show that tSwill and tOB are different.

My take is I hope the kid can turn his life around and become a productive member of society. If that makes me part of the politically correct crew, then so be it. And blow me.
dubie7006
dubie7006
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 6/17/2014, 1:49 pm

Everyone has the same opinion they did a week ago...and a month ago. And everyone has the same opinion they will have a week from now...and a year from now.

We can have this exact thread all over again when he commits somewhere...and every single time this kid so much as farts for the next five years.

Yawn.

In fact, this one should probably be merged into the other one.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 6/17/2014, 2:04 pm

CrazySparty wrote:

Now that Campbell ahh  allegedly decommited,  - Page 2 502811600 There doesn't need to be a "Blue Wall" to call someone who signs a kid with a history like Jayru's a moron.

Is Izzo a moron for signing Zach Randolph?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazySparty 6/17/2014, 2:06 pm

NigelUno wrote:

You are obsessed.
CrazySparty
CrazySparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 6/17/2014, 2:34 pm

NigelUno wrote:

I do wonder if he would say it was worth it in retrospect. I say that only because he seemed to be a package deal with Marcus. No way he was going to lose the biggest recruit since Magic.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Bizarro Fletch 6/17/2014, 2:45 pm

Herbie Green wrote:

I do wonder if he would say it was worth it in retrospect.   I say that only because he seemed to be a package deal with Marcus.  No way he was going to lose the biggest recruit since Magic.

Wait....wut?
Bizarro Fletch
Bizarro Fletch
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next