Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now that Campbell ahh allegedly decommited,

+36
Herbie Green
dubie7006
Bizarro Fletch
Wally Fairway
TrueGreenSpartan
bryanleeg
Throwback702
InTenSity
MasonGuy
Mentalstate
Other Teams Pursuing That
Rodeo Burger
Punisher98
AvgMSUJoe
SpartanStu
steveschneider
SeeRockCity
Larry Kazamias
Stoops21
WBill
Cosmo_Kramer
Martin Spartan
NigelUno
Izzo Court
Heat Miser
CrazySparty
Hut1hut2
Dolph Ziggler
Robert J Sakimano
duffy munn
BostonUSpartan
Blanch32
LoneWolfSparty
Giant Moose
Ass Dan
tanfan!
40 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Now that Campbell ahh  allegedly decommited,  - Page 3 Empty Re: Now that Campbell ahh allegedly decommited,

Post by Herbie Green 17/06/14, 02:53 pm

That is a long time ago but I remember Zach being good friends with Marcus and wanting to play together. I don't remember that meaning Marcus wasn't going to come to MSU. But Zach had that gun thing. Zach did fine in his one year here and we all know the Marcus Taylor story.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Now that Campbell ahh  allegedly decommited,  - Page 3 Empty Re: Now that Campbell ahh allegedly decommited,

Post by Bizarro Fletch 17/06/14, 02:56 pm

Herbie Green wrote:That is a long time ago but I remember Zach being good friends with Marcus and wanting to play together.  I don't remember that meaning Marcus wasn't going to come to MSU.  But Zach had that gun thing.  Zach did fine in his one year here and we all know the Marcus Taylor story.

Which of them was the biggest recruit since Magic?
Bizarro Fletch
Bizarro Fletch
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 17/06/14, 02:59 pm

Marcus Taylor. He was a lansing legend by 9th grade.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 17/06/14, 03:04 pm

Question, what kind of qualifications does it take to be a recruiting expert at 247 or rivals?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by AMwood 17/06/14, 03:09 pm

steveschneider wrote:Question, what kind of qualifications does it take to be a recruiting expert at 247 or rivals?

be willing to make $13,000/year.
AMwood
AMwood
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bizarro Fletch 17/06/14, 03:12 pm

AMwood wrote:

And retain your virginity.
Bizarro Fletch
Bizarro Fletch
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 17/06/14, 03:19 pm

AMwood wrote:

I thought that is what rocketplay made to be a shill.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 17/06/14, 03:24 pm

I am not a recruiting expert I just lived in Lansing. He was the only recruit I would have known about years before he came to MSU. I saw him play a high school game against East Lansing in the Breslin Center. People knew of him before he even went to high school. He was the MVP of the entire Nike tournament against kids a year or two older. Magic spoke at a Breslin game "about that certain player and we all know who it is". Didn't play AAU ball but played pick up with MSU players and practiced fundamentals in the driveway.

I dont know where he ended up in recruit rankings somewhete in the top 10. But he had the hype and I know because I bought it myself. Probably my first clue that following recruits before they get to MSU was a waste of time
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 17/06/14, 03:29 pm

Herbie Green wrote:I am not a recruiting expert I just lived in Lansing.  He was the only recruit I would have known about years before he came to MSU.  I saw him play a high school game against East Lansing in the Breslin Center.  People knew of him before he even went to high school.  He was the MVP of the entire Nike tournament against kids a year or two older.  Magic spoke at a Breslin game "about that certain player and we all know who it is".  Didn't play AAU ball but played pick up with MSU players and practiced fundamentals in the driveway.

I dont know where he ended up in recruit rankings somewhete in the top 10.  But he had the hype and I know because I bought it myself.  Probably my first clue that following recruits before they get to MSU was a waste of time

He had an article in the fucking Readers Digest when he was a Jr. in high school....(Readers mfn Digest)

AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 17/06/14, 03:32 pm

I think my favorite part about the sanctimonious "I don't want him at MSU" moral outrage crew is that their true motivations mostly seem to be that they don't want to get their feelings hurt down the line by the big bad Detroit media or Walmarters if the kid screws up.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 17/06/14, 03:34 pm

Will this affect Weber or the other one?
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bizarro Fletch 17/06/14, 03:34 pm

Herbie Green wrote:I am not a recruiting expert I just lived in Lansing.  He was the only recruit I would have known about years before he came to MSU.  I saw him play a high school game against East Lansing in the Breslin Center.  People knew of him before he even went to high school.  He was the MVP of the entire Nike tournament against kids a year or two older.  Magic spoke at a Breslin game "about that certain player and we all know who it is".  Didn't play AAU ball but played pick up with MSU players and practiced fundamentals in the driveway.

I dont know where he ended up in recruit rankings somewhete in the top 10.  But he had the hype and I know because I bought it myself.  Probably my first clue that following recruits before they get to MSU was a waste of time

You are right that he was the biggest recruit out of Lansing since Magic. I'm no recruiting guru either, so I'm not sure where he would rank among Izzo's recruits up to that point (Mateen, Zach, etc.) - you could very well be right that he was the best "get" for MSU since Ervin.

All that being said, I don't think Izzo ever regretted taking a chance on Zach. Having a one-and-done certainly didn't hurt recruiting, nor has his success in the NBA.
Bizarro Fletch
Bizarro Fletch
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 17/06/14, 03:39 pm

AMwood wrote:

So that guy Steve Wiftlong only makes 13k a year? What a loser!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 17/06/14, 03:44 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I think my favorite part about the sanctimonious "I don't want him at MSU" moral outrage crew is that their true motivations mostly seem to be that they don't want to get their feelings hurt down the line by the big bad Detroit media or Walmarters if the kid screws up.

This.  Now that Campbell ahh  allegedly decommited,  - Page 3 1486952199 Now that Campbell ahh  allegedly decommited,  - Page 3 1486952199 Now that Campbell ahh  allegedly decommited,  - Page 3 1486952199 
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 17/06/14, 03:44 pm

I'm overwhelmingly ambivalent about it.. GO GREEN!!

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodeo Burger 17/06/14, 03:48 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I think my favorite part about the sanctimonious "I don't want him at MSU" moral outrage crew is that their true motivations mostly seem to be that they don't want to get their feelings hurt down the line by the big bad Detroit media or Walmarters if the kid screws up.

I've always admired and envied people who knew what I really think, and why I think it.

FWIW, the reason I don't want him at MSU, especially at QB, is because I do think he's going to screw up again, so it's a waste of a roster spot. And it would mean we have a hole in our depth chart at the most important position.

Rodeo Burger
Rodeo Burger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 17/06/14, 04:01 pm

AvgMSUJoe wrote:

He had an article in the fucking Readers Digest when he was a Jr. in high school....(Readers mfn Digest)

Dude was the #1 ranked 7th grader. Met him at aop and knew right then dude is a premadonna dick. Cleaves on the other was the complete opposite.

....and Charlie's Lil bro Brandon was also the #1 7th grader too. Cleaves had a cousin something pope that was up there as an 8th grader as well
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 17/06/14, 04:44 pm

Saw him at Rick's last year after the Minnesota game
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 17/06/14, 04:49 pm

Getting 3 years total out of two top 10 players would just be normal today. Izzo did spend all that time on Parker knowing he would likely only get him for a year. Many people questioned Zach's decision at the time but it may be harder to believe now that he didn't get drafted until 19th when players like Noah Vonleh are top 10 picks.
But he kept his nose clean and he and Marcus helped MSU get to the final 4 and has represented in the NBA.
Marcus helped get MSU to the NCAA the next year after the team was gutted and was really a pretty good player. Good enough to get drafted in the 2nd round. But then you also had all the rumors and drama along with the poor decision to go pro.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 17/06/14, 05:15 pm

This is true.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 17/06/14, 05:18 pm

CrazySparty wrote:

You are obsessed.

And you got hit in the face playing dodgeball a lot as a kid.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito 17/06/14, 06:44 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I'm overwhelmingly ambivalent about it.. GO GREEN!!

Hey Bob, now that we are Rose Bowl Champs and sitting at, or near the top of the B1G are you going to catch a game this year?

Or are you too busy with mid-term elections, fighting for your local brown-skinned or Muslim candidates, who you support emphatically due to their skin color and religious affiliation? Damn I am afraid of them --- and all those school shooters! You are a great American!

Go Green! Students and Alumni to Save the Children and make this Country correct!!!
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 17/06/14, 09:53 pm

Martin Spartan wrote:Wow, what a fresh take on the situation.  I will be getting all of my sports information from this board going forward.

Did you have fun deleting my posts on the subject you pansy ass pussy bitch? Troll bitch.  Now that Campbell ahh  allegedly decommited,  - Page 3 3557613862 
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 17/06/14, 09:54 pm

tTito wrote:

Hey Bob, now that we are Rose Bowl Champs and sitting at, or near  the top of the B1G are you going to catch a game this year?

Or are you too busy with mid-term elections, fighting for your local brown-skinned or Muslim candidates, who you support emphatically due to their skin color and religious affiliation? Damn I am afraid of them --- and all those school shooters! You are a great American!

Go Green!  Students and Alumni to Save the Children and make this Country correct!!!

What the **** is wrong with you?
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueGreenSpartan 18/06/14, 10:06 am

Tanfan! wrote:

What the **** is wrong with you?

THIS!!! Now that Campbell ahh  allegedly decommited,  - Page 3 1431518612 
TrueGreenSpartan
TrueGreenSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3